Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
KONOHA NINJA ACADEMY Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I~am~Angelique

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:47 pm
bye polio!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:15 pm
Ughhh... lot's of thinking required... gonk There has been a quick change of action. I was unpreapered, so Lesson 12-A is now lesson 12. Sensei said he would be sending out tests for it. This is now Lesson 13. I'm sorry for all of the confusion, and I'm sorry for any chaos resulting from this incedent.

Lesson 13: Basic Weapons of Ninja

In this lesson I will be introducing the other weapons that can vary from ninja to ninja. These are usually considered "main weapons," but please remember that oversized editions are in curculation and that those can also be used as a main weapon.

Swords
Sword. When I say that word, you can't always picture what I'm using can you? So, I'll be going into some different types of swords.

~Short Sword
Short swords are European, and are about the size of the average forearm to almost the entire arm. They are light enough to be wielded with one hand mostly. They are light, and are better for stabbing then longer swords. They can break easily at times though...

~b*****d Sword/Hand-and-a-Half Sword
These are also European, and are wielded with on or two hands. They are not the best for stabbing, and are well suited for slashing.

~Greatsword
Very large swords that require two hands. They are thick enough to be good for stabbing... if you can get over their great length and weight. They are very slow, but what you lose in power you get in strength.

~Katana
The katana is from Japan and China, and is light and well balanced. These swords are quick, but not good at stabbing. They are also one-sided and two-handed. They have a slight curve, and will break easily if you stab with too much force.

~Tachi
This is a katana, but much longer. They can vary from four, to fourteen feet long. Their make can be the same as a regular katana, or the blade can be thicker to reduce breaking.

~Boken or Bamboo
Boken (accent over the "o") are used for training, and are made of wood or bamboo. They can still be used as a real weapon, but only by strong or advanced swordsmen.

Staves and Rods
Staves and rods are best used defensively, and have slight differences. Staves are thicker, and not usually capped. Meanwhile a rod is mostly thinner, and to compensate for it they are capped with metal.

Daggers
Daggers are knives that are usually five to twelve inches long. There are different types depending on the shape of the blade and or hilt.

Throwing Knives
Throwing knives are balanced to promote a smooth throw and keep it from missing target. they are made of lightweight, cheap material.

Bells and Kunai/Needles
These bells are attached to another weapon and thrown. The opponent will then follow the sound of the bells, not noticing that you just threw some un-belled weapons.

Spears
Not too common, but these can be a simple sharpened stick, to a four foot mahogany handle with a polished ivory blade at the end. They are usually long and can be encumbering in certain situations. Some are made for throwing.

That's all for Lesson 13. PM me tomorrow for the test. Good luck.  

Kaiser Kitasudesu

Windblade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:51 pm
Quote:
~Masamune
This is a katana, but much longer. They can vary from four, to fourteen feet long. Their make can be the same as a regular katana, or the blade can be thicker to reduce breaking.

Sorry but this is one my quips sweatdrop
*ahem*

No.
1st of all, a Masamune is a sword made by the swordsmith of that name. The 26th(24th?) member of the Masamune line(not direct blood but through adoption/blood etc) is currently still making swords. They were known for their exceptional quality an were said to have been refolded 100 times(for that is what makes the katana so strong - the times the steel has been folded).

The 'fourteen foot long' katana to which you refer is called a Zanba-to or a No-dachi. It was used for a very short time as a weapon against horses. It was longer and sturdier then a spear and could be swept from side to side clearing areas easily.

The weapon you refer to here is called a Tachi. It was longer then a katana, and had a more curved blade.

But I do believe the weapon you really want for this is that of the Ninja-To. It was anywhere from 3-5 feet long and could be easily drawn. It was normally shorter then a katana, but as stated, could be longer.

Very sorry Very sorry Very sorry
I just had to say it crying

Please feel free to correct me lol.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:05 pm
BTW, the ring on Kunai is for attaching strings/chains and such for throwing and for quick drawing ability.

Just forgot to add that in last post sweatdrop  

Windblade

panda-shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:32 am
Windblade
Quote:
~Masamune

Sorry but this is one my quips sweatdrop
*ahem*

No.
1st of all, a Masamune is a sword made by the swordsmith of that name. The 26th(24th?) member of the Masamune line(not direct blood but through adoption/blood etc) is currently still making swords. They were known for their exceptional quality an were said to have been refolded 100 times(for that is what makes the katana so strong - the times the steel has been folded).

The 'fourteen foot long' katana to which you refer is called a Zanba-to or a No-dachi. It was used for a very short time as a weapon against horses. It was longer and sturdier then a spear and could be swept from side to side clearing areas easily.

The weapon you refer to here is called a Tachi. It was longer then a katana, and had a more curved blade.

But I do believe the weapon you really want for this is that of the Ninja-To. It was anywhere from 3-5 feet long and could be easily drawn. It was normally shorter then a katana, but as stated, could be longer.

Very sorry Very sorry Very sorry
I just had to say it crying

Please feel free to correct me lol.

lol, u must know your swords blaugh i have a few but not much about them. i have a short sword called sting(lotr) and a samurai sword and it is plated with 24 k gold 3nodding and its about 3ft  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:59 pm
hi people....  

Polio

Friendly Kitten

10,400 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cat Fancier 100

Polio

Friendly Kitten

10,400 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:02 pm
panda-shinobi

lol, u must know your swords blaugh i have a few but not much about them. i have a short sword called sting(lotr) and a samurai sword and it is plated with 24 k gold 3nodding and its about 3ft

thats so cool...i wish i owned a sword  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:23 pm
Let's just say I have...too much time to spare for weapons sweatdrop

I own:

*Boken(red oak - 48 inches)
*2 Shinai(strips of bamboo tethered together)
*Red Oak Quarterstaff(6 ft tall)
*3 military quality stainless steel 8 inch throwing knives
*Small sword(wooden training) - formerly a wooden long sword(broken sweatdrop )
*Various small knives
*Hatchet
*Chain(2 ft)

Quote:
lol, u must know your swords i have a few but not much about them. i have a short sword called sting(lotr) and a samurai sword and it is plated with 24 k gold and its about 3ft

I know my weapons. Although there afre many I don't know much about sweatdrop  

Windblade

panda-shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:31 pm
Polio
panda-shinobi

thats so cool...i wish i owned a sword

yup there cool! altho i wont use them because i dont want to dull them i used a friends the other day and i cut down a tree  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:34 pm
Windblade
Let's just say I have...too much time to spare for weapons sweatdrop

I own:

*Boken(red oak - 48 inches)
*2 Shinai(strips of bamboo tethered together)
*Red Oak Quarterstaff(6 ft tall)
*3 military quality stainless steel 8 inch throwing knives
*Small sword(wooden training) - formerly a wooden long sword(broken sweatdrop )
*Various small knives
*Hatchet
*Chain(2 ft)

Quote:
lol, u must know your swords i have a few but not much about them. i have a short sword called sting(lotr) and a samurai sword and it is plated with 24 k gold and its about 3ft

I know my weapons. Although there afre many I don't know much about sweatdrop

cool

i own:

tons of pocket knives

1 samurai sword

1 short sword

1 bo staff

3 nunchuckas 2 practice and 1 wooden

1 sai and i broke the other 1

all kinds of wooden swords i carved my self and staffs  

panda-shinobi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:56 pm
A Katana.

And a Dagger. It's hilt has wings of a dragon and a dragons head on it. And it has curves. It's cool ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:06 pm
A broomstick... crying

Thank you for the correction. 3nodding  

Kaiser Kitasudesu

I~am~Angelique

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:10 pm
i have a katana, a couple long dagger, and two bad a** pocket knives. one has a blade like a claw and the casing is in the shape of the grim reaper. my favorite though is my leaf knife. closed it looks like a leaf but then it opens into about a 2 in curved blade. i wuv it...one of the last ever made of its kind so said the renfest man.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:10 pm
A boomstick????? O_o  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Windblade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:20 pm
broomstick xd

OK - now of those weapons, how many have you ever used ina real fight? 3nodding
*puts check marks next to all*  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games