Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:30 pm
I choose to fly under Ordo's wing! I are not uber pilot; uber infiltration.

VT-49 Decimator is epic slaughter ship.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:33 pm
....Its a picket ship.
Its target practice for anything shy of the tramp freighters its designed to engage.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:22 pm
It's a highly armored/armed and feared warship/transport ship...

Picket or not, it's not something to be taken lightly. It's designed to transport more than engage.

Edit: Since it's from SWG, refer to this, because it's a bit more detailed than Wookiepedia.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:34 pm
Its not a warship.
Its an armed transport.
An its an underpowered Armed Transport to boot.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:40 pm
It is a warship, it even says so in SWWikia.
I know it's an armed transport, I said that.
It's not underpowered. The turrets can engage anything fast enough to outrun it. It's made to out-fight anything it can outrun, and outrun anything it can’t outfight. It's built to last and destroy. Hence, the name, Decimator.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:12 pm
A Warship doesnt involve anything shorter than 100 meters.
And if you want to call it a warship, then yes it is underpowered.
A Corellian YZ-900 or 775 could outrun it and could outgun it.
Both were produced at the same time as that floating Osik pile KDY crapped out and both could kick its teeth in hands down.
Hell, you equip a proton torpedo launcher on a YT-2400 and even that could outrun and gun a "Decimator".  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:28 pm
"As a general rule, warships possessed heavy armor, strong shields." That's why they called it a warship.

The YZ-900 is a cargo vessel. The Decimator can surely outrun it, if it can't out gun it. It's an assault ship, designed to take fire.

The Decimator has 3 missile launchers to fight a 2400 as well as 2 laser turrets. A 2400 only has 2 laser cannons. Even adding a torpedo launcher wouldn't outgun it. Even if the 2400 outguns it, it'll take the damage like a Pitbull in a fight. It's heavily armored. It's not osik, it's a great ship.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:39 pm
POS Propaganda.

You said yourself its designed more to transport than to engage, so you calling it an assault ship makes about as much sense as the ejector seat in a TIE-Fighter.

The YZ-900 is armed with two conc missile launchers, heavy twin laser cannons, and two double laser cannon turrets.
Thats more firepower than your dinky "Assault ship". And the YZ has the agility to dance circles around your flying brick there.

You say she's tough and armored? well she sure cant be fast then. So you gotta pick one or the other.

An have you ever been on the recieving end of a 2400's cannons? Right off the factory floor they're almost powerful enough to be illegal.

Face it. The VT-49 is an impotent Imperial Flash-in-the-pan that was disgarded as soon as Rendili cranked out the Customs Corvette and the Tarkin Doctrine went out.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:50 pm
It IS an assault Ship. I even had a link referring to its description, take a look.

Flying brick? How is the Decimator a flying brick, if the YZ clearly has 20 meters on it? Agility. There is no said speed, or characteristics on the VT, it's a SWG Ship, it could be modified to how you want it.

It is tough and armored, I've never once said it's a fast ship. I said it can surly outrun what it can't outgun. Being it a SWG ship, it can be modified. It has no set speed, power or armor. Going by it's description it's a highly armed/armored ship. You can't debate on something like that, it can change depending on you.

Yeah, I'm on the end of a 2400's laser cannons all the time. Like I said; it's a SWG ship. You can mod it to have some hella strong cannons.

I won't face it. I love the ship; it's a heavy duty ship. Perfect for transport. And like I said way back, I'm not a pilot person as much as a infantry unit. Which is why I like it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:53 pm
Heh.
Have fun dying in your Kuati Coffin.
The real men fly Corellian.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:58 pm
Believe it or not, I've been told that...

It hasn't happened, because gunning in my friends VT, we survived a pretty hard ship run. Because of its defense.

Hell, I don't fly. I'm a land dweller; classic infantry unit.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:02 pm
Not sure about specs and all that, but that VT sure is a perty ship...

Oh, and Corellians are overrated. xp

Darth Fury

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:06 pm
Then keep your uninformed opinions about ships to yourself, mandie.
I dont mouth off about which armorer makes the best codpiece so dont go talking about light freighters unless you do the flying.

And Fury, the Rebellion's founding document was called the Corellian Treaty.

Corellians founded the Rebellion.

Corellians trained the Imperial Special Forces.

Corellians discovered half the known Galaxy.

Corellians make the majority of alcoholic drinks associated with humanity.

Corellians survived the Death Star. Twice.

Corellians have saved the Galaxy almost as many times as the Jedi have.

Corellians are, if anything, underrated.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:24 am
Mmm... Corellian whiskey.

Yeah, Fury, it is a pretty ship. It's the "evil" version of the Falcon. You should see inside of it. Pssh, it's awesome.

Cale, you should try SWG when you get free time, dude. I think you'll like it, the piloting is great. I stopped playing, but, still a pretty good game.  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:38 am
...let me see if I understand this:
Quote:
I stoppe playing it, but you should totally play it!

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games