Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ OPEN 2063-2064 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Damsel Dis

Adorable Fatcat

7,175 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:12 pm

User Image
P I P P A , clarkson
---------;first year;unsorted;eleven;half-blood;

The girl who had only managed to utter a single word since her arrival was ushered into the castle along with the rest of the soon-to-be-students. Her eyes took in the grand scenery, eying the candles and enchanted ceiling within the Great Hall. She tried to catch her breath as her mind raced. The Sorting Hat. Her mother had told her what it was - and yet, it hadn't prepared her for this. It was a great, lumpen mass of fabric, even she could tell from this distance. A silly thought entered her mind; would it smell? She choked back a giggle just barely before hearing her name called. "Pippa Clarkson!"

Her eyes widened in surprise, having completely forgotten about her last name starting with a 'C.' Was it truly her turn to be sorted, so soon? But her legs were made of lead, couldn't they see that? All the same, she managed to gently push her way through the crowd of assembled first years. A little more clumsily than normal, Pippa found her way onto the stool in front of everyone. The girl took in a big, deep breath as the hat was set upon her head. I'm trusting you, she thought.

Personality: Incredibly kind and good natured, very trusting - almost to the point of gullibility and naivety. She is rather timid at first meeting, but craves friendship, so she can't help but to open up not too long after meeting others. Pippa is terrible at public speaking, she often stumbles on her words, but her sense of determination and even stubborn streak stops her from giving up. She is most definitely a book worm, though she prefers to read outdoors. Although she is on the gentler side, she also often gives advice when it's not wanted. And once in an excitable state, she has a horrid habit of interrupting others, though she is working on that.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:23 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

DizzyDis
User Image
P I P P A , clarkson
---------;first year;unsorted;eleven;half-blood;

The girl who had only managed to utter a single word since her arrival was ushered into the castle along with the rest of the soon-to-be-students. Her eyes took in the grand scenery, eying the candles and enchanted ceiling within the Great Hall. She tried to catch her breath as her mind raced. The Sorting Hat. Her mother had told her what it was - and yet, it hadn't prepared her for this. It was a great, lumpen mass of fabric, even she could tell from this distance. A silly thought entered her mind; would it smell? She choked back a giggle just barely before hearing her name called. "Pippa Clarkson!"

Her eyes widened in surprise, having completely forgotten about her last name starting with a 'C.' Was it truly her turn to be sorted, so soon? But her legs were made of lead, couldn't they see that? All the same, she managed to gently push her way through the crowd of assembled first years. A little more clumsily than normal, Pippa found her way onto the stool in front of everyone. The girl took in a big, deep breath as the hat was set upon her head. I'm trusting you, she thought.

Personality: Incredibly kind and good natured, very trusting - almost to the point of gullibility and naivety. She is rather timid at first meeting, but craves friendship, so she can't help but to open up not too long after meeting others. Pippa is terrible at public speaking, she often stumbles on her words, but her sense of determination and even stubborn streak stops her from giving up. She is most definitely a book worm, though she prefers to read outdoors. Although she is on the gentler side, she also often gives advice when it's not wanted. And once in an excitable state, she has a horrid habit of interrupting others, though she is working on that.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Quite a few options are open to you,
With such a bright mind and good nature,
But you are trusting me to sort you well,
And I say you'll feel at home in...

Hufflepuff!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:32 pm

xxxxxMordred Taylor Seftonxxxxx
1st Year Unsorted

Mordred had remained quiet most of the journey, busy observing his peers and marveling at the castle and magic around him. He supposed he had to thank his no account father for blessing him with the wonders of magic and the opportunity to get to learn of the magical world and attend Hogwarts. If his mother had shacked up with someone beside a wizard it would have been unlikely he'd have gotten the opportunity to see or know of the wizarding world. Too bad Peter Avery, his father, was a sociopath to be kind in describing the man. Mordred shook his head at his mother's bad taste (his name all the more evidence of it) and the thought of his father's threat to claim his true parentage. Yeah, screw the guy. Not his problem he was an adultering scum bag with some issues with the fact he decided to regularly sleep with a muggle because she was pretty. And younger. The guy was a creep and his mother was stupid to like him, Mordred was always determined of these facts. His attention turned to the hat again as a blonde girl who was pretty though particularly pale without coloring much beyond freckles was sorted to Hufflepuff. The house of the badgers he remembered reading in Hogwarts A History. Maybe he'd be sorted there too, the house took anyone after all. Mordred didn't know if he had any particular trait that would set him for another house beyond maybe his love for learning, though that was more because knowledge was power and always useful. He was nervous to find out what the Hat in front of him would determine though when it came to his turn. But did it matter, surely the hat saw some pretty dark or poor personalities and didn't snitch on anyone. His father for example. When the name "Mordred Sefton" was called, he took a deep breath and sat down as the hat was set on his head he thought, "Hat, go ahead and do your worse, not like I haven't seen some crappy personalities in my life or been thought poorly of before..."

Quote:
Personality:
xxxClever: Mordred is particularly bright for his age, paired with his habits of reading and browsing the internet, and watching obscure documentaries along with his good memory he is well versed in many subjects and enjoys discussing most various topics as well as thinking up creative solutions to problems with his knowledge.
xxxResentful: Being a b*****d son of a pureblood wizard and a muggle mother (who still continue their relationship whenever his father visits from France), and saddled with the name of one of the most infamous bastards of legend, Mordred is irritable and resentful of his situation, regardless if his mother is well enough to him.
xxxHonest: Feeling both his parents are rather deceitful people, Mordred has worked extremely hard to be anything but that way and has no care if his honesty hurts any feelings in the way, because better to be honest than a liar in Mordred's opinion.
xxxStubborn and Strong-Willed: Mordred wants to be his own person. Marches to his own drum, though, he may not stand out he does make his decisions logically and for his own reasons and no one else's.
xxxIndependent: Mordred, while he does not dislike others, would rather be a leader than a follower. However, if he is neither he is fine as long as he is recognized as a man of his own conviction and independent of others.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:53 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

mc2
xxxxxMordred Taylor Seftonxxxxx
1st Year Unsorted

Mordred had remained quiet most of the journey, busy observing his peers and marveling at the castle and magic around him. He supposed he had to thank his no account father for blessing him with the wonders of magic and the opportunity to get to learn of the magical world and attend Hogwarts. If his mother had shacked up with someone beside a wizard it would have been unlikely he'd have gotten the opportunity to see or know of the wizarding world. Too bad Peter Avery, his father, was a sociopath to be kind in describing the man. Mordred shook his head at his mother's bad taste (his name all the more evidence of it) and the thought of his father's threat to claim his true parentage. Yeah, screw the guy. Not his problem he was an adultering scum bag with some issues with the fact he decided to regularly sleep with a muggle because she was pretty. And younger. The guy was a creep and his mother was stupid to like him, Mordred was always determined of these facts. His attention turned to the hat again as a blonde girl who was pretty though particularly pale without coloring much beyond freckles was sorted to Hufflepuff. The house of the badgers he remembered reading in Hogwarts A History. Maybe he'd be sorted there too, the house took anyone after all. Mordred didn't know if he had any particular trait that would set him for another house beyond maybe his love for learning, though that was more because knowledge was power and always useful. He was nervous to find out what the Hat in front of him would determine though when it came to his turn. But did it matter, surely the hat saw some pretty dark or poor personalities and didn't snitch on anyone. His father for example. When the name "Mordred Sefton" was called, he took a deep breath and sat down as the hat was set on his head he thought, "Hat, go ahead and do your worse, not like I haven't seen some crappy personalities in my life or been thought poorly of before..."

Quote:
Personality:
xxxClever: Mordred is particularly bright for his age, paired with his habits of reading and browsing the internet, and watching obscure documentaries along with his good memory he is well versed in many subjects and enjoys discussing most various topics as well as thinking up creative solutions to problems with his knowledge.
xxxResentful: Being a b*****d son of a pureblood wizard and a muggle mother (who still continue their relationship whenever his father visits from France), and saddled with the name of one of the most infamous bastards of legend, Mordred is irritable and resentful of his situation, regardless if his mother is well enough to him.
xxxHonest: Feeling both his parents are rather deceitful people, Mordred has worked extremely hard to be anything but that way and has no care if his honesty hurts any feelings in the way, because better to be honest than a liar in Mordred's opinion.
xxxStubborn and Strong-Willed: Mordred wants to be his own person. Marches to his own drum, though, he may not stand out he does make his decisions logically and for his own reasons and no one else's.
xxxIndependent: Mordred, while he does not dislike others, would rather be a leader than a follower. However, if he is neither he is fine as long as he is recognized as a man of his own conviction and independent of others.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Interesting that your first thought goes towards dark matters,
And you're clever enough to determine
For yourself that I have seen my fair share of dark minds,
I know where to place you dear boy...

Ravenclaw!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

AshFisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:05 pm

Eliza Worley
Unsorted First Year

Eliza had looked out the whole time she had been on the train. The landscape that went by more than enough to keep her nerves from getting the best of her. Only two others had joined her, and that was only because the other boxes had been full. Neither of them had tried to speak to her, having their own distraction in play. When the castle came into view she shifted, finally looking around herself. The two who had been there were getting their luggage ready already, so Eliza did the same.

Once outside the train the first years were rounded up and taken across the lake to the castle. Eliza stayed silent the whole time, the nervous feeling she had kept at bay coming on full now that the time for sorting was so close. The doors opened to the great hall, and the first years flooded through, stopping in between the tables, with two on each side. Eliza let her self look at the other students, the tables familiar to her only through her mother. Griffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Her mother had been a Slytherin, and apparently so had her grandparents, she wondered briefly if they would be disappointed if she ended up in a different house.

Her thoughts on the matter were broken at the call of her name. Eliza swallowed and went to the seat, gripping the edges as she waited for the hat to be placed on her head.

Quote:
in between cheerful and serious almost all the time. Can be shy when I first meet someone, and don't talk much. Once I get to know you, I will open up more, smiling more easily and talking in a polite manner. I like making friends, but likes being alone when I start feeling to angry or depressed. When I start to feel moody, I will go off to be alone.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:32 pm

Eunice Gala Ingersol
Unsorted First Year

Gala looked around the Great Hall. When the group had been told to enter she could hear the capital letters in the name. The day had been a disaster so far. First she had been separated from Beth on the platform, then she had to sit in a train car with random older students, and then she almost missed the boats because she got lost. Gala waited not so patiently for her name to be called. All of a sudden "EUNICE GALA INGERSOL" was called and she made her way nervously to the hat.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm stubborn and spend way too much time getting into trouble. I am not afraid of anything and will throw myself into whatever I believe in. Reading is not one of my passions and I would much rather learn from doing things and experimenting. I love meeting new people and making new friends. Generally, I am a happy if not a little bit mischievous person. I have been known to stand up to bullies twice my size, literally. I might be small but I'm brave enough to stand up to anyone. Some people are a little intimidated by me since I am the most wonderfully exuberant person in the entire world. My pranks are amazing and I am so much smarter than everyone else. But in all seriousness, I love people and I love making new friends and once you are my friend you are stuck with me forever. Sorry.

horseshoes36

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:19 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

AshFisher
Eliza Worley
Unsorted First Year

Eliza had looked out the whole time she had been on the train. The landscape that went by more than enough to keep her nerves from getting the best of her. Only two others had joined her, and that was only because the other boxes had been full. Neither of them had tried to speak to her, having their own distraction in play. When the castle came into view she shifted, finally looking around herself. The two who had been there were getting their luggage ready already, so Eliza did the same.

Once outside the train the first years were rounded up and taken across the lake to the castle. Eliza stayed silent the whole time, the nervous feeling she had kept at bay coming on full now that the time for sorting was so close. The doors opened to the great hall, and the first years flooded through, stopping in between the tables, with two on each side. Eliza let her self look at the other students, the tables familiar to her only through her mother. Griffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Her mother had been a Slytherin, and apparently so had her grandparents, she wondered briefly if they would be disappointed if she ended up in a different house.

Her thoughts on the matter were broken at the call of her name. Eliza swallowed and went to the seat, gripping the edges as she waited for the hat to be placed on her head.

Quote:
in between cheerful and serious almost all the time. Can be shy when I first meet someone, and don't talk much. Once I get to know you, I will open up more, smiling more easily and talking in a polite manner. I like making friends, but likes being alone when I start feeling to angry or depressed. When I start to feel moody, I will go off to be alone.

Your family is one from house Slytherin,
But you are afraid of disappointment,
However, I do not see how it would be a disappointment
Where you are headed...

Hufflepuff!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:22 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

horseshoes36
Eunice Gala Ingersol
Unsorted First Year

Gala looked around the Great Hall. When the group had been told to enter she could hear the capital letters in the name. The day had been a disaster so far. First she had been separated from Beth on the platform, then she had to sit in a train car with random older students, and then she almost missed the boats because she got lost. Gala waited not so patiently for her name to be called. All of a sudden "EUNICE GALA INGERSOL" was called and she made her way nervously to the hat.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm stubborn and spend way too much time getting into trouble. I am not afraid of anything and will throw myself into whatever I believe in. Reading is not one of my passions and I would much rather learn from doing things and experimenting. I love meeting new people and making new friends. Generally, I am a happy if not a little bit mischievous person. I have been known to stand up to bullies twice my size, literally. I might be small but I'm brave enough to stand up to anyone. Some people are a little intimidated by me since I am the most wonderfully exuberant person in the entire world. My pranks are amazing and I am so much smarter than everyone else. But in all seriousness, I love people and I love making new friends and once you are my friend you are stuck with me forever. Sorry.

Ah, another Ingersol!
And one that is not afraid of trying new things!
I can see where I shall put you quite easily!

Gryffindor!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:51 pm

User Image
HUFFLEPUFF HEAD OF HOUSE || DEPUTY HEADMISTRESS || HERBOLOGY PROFESSOR

It was finally time. Pandora set the Hat on the stool and took out the scroll that listed all of the students' names. She started to call their names and place the Hat on their heads as they came up. The Sorting had begun.

OOC: SORTING IS OPEN~

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:11 pm

User Image
                                                This is a black, black ski mask song
                                                So put all of your anger on
                                                In the truly gruesome do we trust
                                                I will always land on you like a sucker punch

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Leon had practically ignored everyone else as he travelled across the lake and into the castle. He didn't want to be here, and his crossed arms and narrowed eyes only emphasized his displeasure. However, he had no choice apparently, especially since he had nowhere else to go. When his name was called, he stepped up, rolling his eyes at the description of the houses. Right, okay, segregation. Nice. He sat down and waited for the hat to descend, thinking that he just wanted for the hat to hurry up and stereotype him.

Quote:
                                                xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    ■ ABRASIVE If one word can describe Leon the best, it's that he's abrasive. He's not friendly, and his mouth and behaviour comes off as aggressive. He doesn't back down when someone starts an argument, and refuses to lay down for anyone.
                                                    ■ SARCASTIC Leon is sarcastic, and won't hold back on making cutting remarks to anyone. He doesn't care whose feelings he hurts, and refuses to tone it down for anyone. His mindset is that if they can't take it, then they're not worth his time.
                                                    ■ CLEVER Leon is quite clever, and can find a way into and out of a lot of situations. He can think on his feet easily enough, and tends to be prepared for when the worst actually happens.
                                                    ■ CYNICAL Leon is also quite cynical, thinking that when something goes wrong, everything goes wrong. Considering he's been proven right on more than one occasion, nothing had come up that has tempered his pessimism.
                                                    ■ PRAGMATIC Leon tries to have a realistic expectation of things. He knows that flights of fancy are more for people that don't have to work for a living, and that most people have to live in the real world rather than something imaginary. Because of this, he would rather have his feet firmly on the ground.
                                                    ■ ALOOF Leon is particularly a loner, thinking that he can get by on his own when it's practical. He doesn't like to be surrounded by people, and hates people that are extroverts. Those few friends he does have however, he will protect just as much as anything else he loves.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Great, a talking hat, just how much more freakish can we get here?
                                                OOC:

I’m just a problem that doesn’t want to be solved
                                                So could you please hold your applause
                                                Take this sideshow and all its freaks
                                                And turn it into the silver screen dream

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:21 pm

I'm gonna be released from behind these lines...
And I don't care whether I live or die.
And I'm losing blood, I'm gonna leave my bones-
And I don't want your heart; it leaves me cold.
I don't want your future; I don't need your past!
One bright moment is all I ask!
I'm gonna leave my body; moving up to higher ground...
I'm gonna lose my mind; history keeps pulling me down!

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

unsorted │ first year │ halfblood

The boat ride had been tense in an excited sort of way for Di. One the one hand, she was terrified of something dragging her into the dark water at any given moment. On the other hand, she'd found her fellow passengers pleasant to be around, or at least pleasant enough to share a fairly short boat ride with. The boats hadn't exactly skipped along the water, but they hadn't inched, either, and it had taken less time to cross the lake than she'd thought it would. Still, her knees had felt weak by the end of it, and she'd stumbled out of the boat and onto the rocky shore probably looking like she was about to drop to her knees kissing the ground.

They'd spent barely anytime in the darkened, damp boat house before the assistant headmistress came to collect them, and led them up to the castle itself. It was massive; almost like a world unto itself, and Di was still reeling just from entering it through the gigantic front doors. But they'd only stood what seemed like a few moments outside the Great Hall, as it was called, before being ushered in in a strict line, for the Sorting itself. This, Di supposed, what a Moment of Truth, though she was hardly concerned about her sorting. She'd excel wherever she went, she had no doubt of that.

Mostly, it was what the Hat might say that concerned her. What if it found some fault in her personality, some irreparable failing? She felt like she was going to see a notoriously strict teacher. What if it criticized her? Di knew the whole hall wouldn't hear it, only her, in her mind, but the thought still made her feel nauseous. Oh, she hoped it liked her. She was a good person. She was doing very well for eleven! Di stood stiffly in her place in line, trying to stop her knees from locking together. No, she had to be ready. Warlow might be near the end of the alphabet but-

Her name was called, and she sucked in a breath before boldly marching up, her mouth set in a firm line, her eyes hard. This was it.

OOC:
((personality under first spoiler))
■ EFFICIENT You never know how long you've got on this Earth, and Diantha sees no reason to waste any time, ever. She's a very well organized, fast paced person, and if you can't keep up with her... oh well. She decides what she's going to do and then promptly does it. She has no patience for those who would rather procrastinate or waste time doing nothing, rather than reaching their goals. Diantha doesn't like to rush things and risk messing up, but she does want to reach her vision as quickly as she can.
■ CREATIVE While she might not seem like the type, Diantha has an artistic sense and loves to sew things like little stuffed animals for her siblings, sculpt and paint little figurines, neatly chronicle her life in scrapbooks, and make her own jewelry. She sees it as an outlet for when she is frustrated or feeling overwhelmed, and always feel better upon completing a project of some sort. She also likes to have things to do with her hands in her downtime, and will sneak off to make things.
■ SELF ASSURED Diantha rarely doubts in herself or her actions/choices; she's generally convinced that what she did was right, to the point where she tends to come off as arrogant to the people around her. She's not shy at all about speaking her mind, and won't hesitate to tell someone exactly why they're wrong and she's right. Her confidence can be overbearing at times, and she sometimes looks down on those who are more passive. She's not one to second guess herself, have any immediate regrets, or let someone else's disapproval stop her.
■ COMPASSIONATE Diantha strongly believes in fighting for those who cannot fight for themselves. If she sees what she considers an injustice, she'll do whatever she can to protect those in need. While she's not particularly hotheaded and tries her best to be more rational than emotional, if someone asks for her help with good reason she finds it impossible to just do nothing. She's been accused of always rooting for the underdog before, and it's very much true, even if it makes her somewhat of a 'bleeding heart'.
■ COURAGEOUS Diantha is, to put it simply, brave. Even if under the threat of danger or pain, she's going to try to do the right thing. She's not fearless or particularly reckless, but she is willing to put herself at risk for the sake of others or a cause she's devoted herself to. She also tends to encourage others to stand up for themselves whenever possible. Diantha despises seeing suffering going ignored, and she'd do anything to keep the people she cares about safe. Those she counts among her friends and family mean the world to her.
■ UNFORGIVING Diantha holds her grudges like some people hold their alcohol: well. While not petty or one to take offense easily, she does very much trust her own judgement of other people, and if she sees someone saying or doing something she considers reprehensible or strongly disagrees with, they're forever written off in her book. She's not of a mind to forgive, or to forget, and she'll bring up past mistakes and failures like nobody's business in a dispute, both because she has difficultly moving on from things that seriously upset or hurt her and because she believes in proving a point.

Username

I don't need a husband, don't need no wife...
And I don't need the day, I don't need the night!
And I don't need the birds, let them fly away-
And I don't want the clouds, they never seem to stay.
I don't want no future; I don't need no past!
One bright moment is all I ask!
I'm gonna leave my body; moving up to higher ground...
I'm gonna lose my mind; history keeps pulling me down!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:25 pm

User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          Looking Spastic at - - - with - - -
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Excited
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Wonder how all this works? ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ɾεχ ṃαɾќṡlεÿ ώαṡ α τ ï ṉ ќ ε ɾ ε ɾ , ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αṉ εṉģïṉεεɾ ε χ τ ɾ α ø ɾ ḋ ï ṉ α ï ɾ ε ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxxxxx
                                                          hε ṃαḋε συïсќ-ɾεløαḋïṉģ ģ α ḋ ģ ε τ ṡ ṡø hε сøυlḋ ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxx
                                                          ƒ ï ɾ ε ṉøṉ-ṡτøρ ώïτh ρ α ṉ α с h ε αṉḋ ƒ l α ï ɾ ↞ ↞ ↞xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceColin's energy had somewhat returned over the course of the boatride across the lake, if only because the view of the castle as they'd approached had been pretty amazing. He'd been buzzing ever since then, still not quite up to socializing per se, but definitely more energetic than he'd been when he'd gotten off the train. Surname starting with a B, he didn't have to wait very long before his name was called, only a couple of students going before him. He'd tried to watch the sorting as it happened, wondering what exactly was being done, but didn't have it even remotely figured out. Ah, well, he thought, likening the experience to a grand adventure as he approached the stool and the hat. He sat down, chewing his lip in anticipation. He already knew it spoke, obviously, it had sang for them all not five minutes before. But what did that have to do with sorting them? Meanwhile, he found himself struggling to remember the names of the houses, thinking it'd probably be a while before he got them down. Hopefully he could remember the name of whichever one he ended up in easily enough. It'd be pretty bad if he couldn't, he thought.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx↠ ↠ ↠ τhε ṃαṉ ώαṡ α l ε ģ ε ṉ ḋ αṉḋ hεɾø τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h αṉḋ τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h
                                                          xxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ αṉḋ ɾεχ ώαṡ α ƒ ɾ ï ε ṉ ḋ τø τhε в α τ τ ε ɾ ε ḋ αṉḋ τhε в ɾ υ ï ṡ ε ḋ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ hε hαḋ ṡεεṉ α løτ øƒ ώ ø ṉ ḋ ε ɾ ṃ ε ṉ τ ṡ ïṉ hïṡ ģ l ø ɾ ÿ ḋ α ÿ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ αṉḋ hε ḋ ï ε ḋ αṉ ø l ḋ ṃ α ṉ αløṉε øṉ τhε ρ ɾ α ï ɾ ï ε τhεÿ ṡ α ÿ

(( OOC: ))
                                                          Personality below spoiler

■ INVENTIVE Colin likes being presented with problems that require him to think critically to solve. He greatly admires his stepmother's brains, and aspires to be like her. He's very clever, and enjoys challenges. His favorite thing to do is to attempt to fix something that's broken, particularly if it is of an electronic or clockwork nature.
                                                          ■ CURIOUS This particular trait, when described by Colin, is that he is simply very interested in the world around him. Others, however, would be more apt to call him 'meddlesome,' as in he just can't leave well enough alone. He doesn't care that it works, he wants to know how, and will often take it apart to find out. Sometimes this is fine, but other times he has trouble putting things back together again quite the way they originally were, which is the cause for many headaches in his household.
                                                          ■ ENTHUSIASTIC Colin is never one to sit quietly when presented with something that interests him. He throws himself into things wholeheartedly, and is always eager to see them through to the end. He rarely bothers with things that don't interest him, but when he has no choice but to take part, he will find something to be excited about. He's an incredibly passionate person, and it shows.
                                                          ■ OPTIMISTIC He likes to believe the best will happen. Even when things get bad, Colin is often the one to keep his head up and to remind everyone that things could be worse. Though, he's careful to never be careless about it; he doesn't discredit a person's feelings when they are down, he merely wants them to remember everything good in the world. It's very tough to get him down, and when he does go down, he doesn't stay down for long.
                                                          ■ OBSESSIVE Colin tends to be a little too involved in his projects sometimes; he'll get an idea in his head and it won't go away, until it's keeping him up all night. He loses a lot of sleep obsessing over small fixes, wondering about how the world works, questioning any and everything. It's very hard for him to shut his brain down.
                                                          ■ STUBBORN Colin has a very hard time backing down from anything; his obsessive nature combined with his eternal optimism ensures that he can't let anything go until he's seen it through to the end. Sometimes, he clings to something long past when he should have moved on, because the idea of simply dropping something and leaving it unfinished drives him up the wall.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:29 pm

User Image
                                                  ‘Cause I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
                                                  I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
                                                  Waiting on this for a while now
                                                  Paying my dues to the dirt

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Brandon stepped up as his name was called, looking around the hall and seeing everyone really in the school. It was a bit intimidating, but he steeled his nerves and watched the people disappear as the hat was lowered over his head. He wanted badly to see where he ended up, and crossed his fingers that he would at least get along with his housemates. That being said, he couldn't help but figure that maybe he would get along with everyone at the school. Everyone he'd met so far seemed nice enough, and hopefully that continued into everyone else he hadn't met. It was a hope, right?

Quote:
                                                  xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ■ ADVENTUROUS Brandon is a person of action. It's often hard to find him in one place for very long, as he's always looking for something else to do or another place to go. He can often be found outside and trying new things as a result.
                                                      ■ HEADSTRONG Brandon is a particularly stubborn young man. He wants to do things his way, and often gets into arguments with those that try to make him do things other ways. This is often exhibited when he knows he's right and people are arguing that he's not.
                                                      ■ FRIENDLY Brandon, despite his stubborn streak, is a rather friendly and talkative individual. He loves meeting new people and enjoys making new friend, as well as being around old friends.
                                                      ■ LOYAL Brandon is rather loyal, and it's hard to turn him against people that he cares about. He'd rather do serious harm to himself than break a friend's trust, and is ready to fight for friends if need be.
                                                      ■ TRUTHFUL Brandon does not like lying, and would rather tell the truth when it comes down to it. He's pretty open and honest as a result, and tries to find out the truth when he's surrounded by lies.
                                                      ■ LOGICAL Brandon also likes to think logically. His mind can't easily go to the fantastic, but when faced with cold, hard facts, he excels. He's rather linear in his thought processes as a result.

════════════════════════

Thinking: So where am I going, anyway?
                                                  OOC:

Frilly

I’ve been waiting to smile, ‘ay
                                                  Been holding it in for a while, ‘ay
                                                  Take you with me if I can
                                                  Been dreaming of this since a child
                                                  I’m on top of the world
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:31 pm

User Image
User Image

αɢє 11 | αםvєитυяєя | υиsσятєם ғιяsт чєαя

☆º°”˜`”°º☆ ★º°”˜`”°º★

ﻬஐ Caty rode across the murky lake, climbed up the long stairs towards the castle, and waited patiently (if giddily) in the antechamber for the main event. No one had really asked her which House she was rooting for, not even her family members. She supposed they all hoped she'd go into their own Houses, except perhaps Rhys but he was stuck in his little pyramid at the moment and would get back to her when he was feeling better. While forming the line and being paraded into the Great Hall she took a moment from gazing at the ceiling in awe to excitedly wave at her cousin at her table of crimson and gold. She also waved at her brother but he was glaring at his table so she didn't think he noticed. Bother. As bad as everything was, having her last name be "Blake" actually helped out that evening since she was one of the firsts to be called up. When her full name was called she did a tiny wrinkle of her nose not used to hearing it before she walked (ok so she might have ran a tiny bit towards the end) to the stool and hoped aboard it. The moment the Sorting Hat descended upon her head and hiding the crowd from her sight she allowed just the tiniest of smirks to show on her face. "Alright Mr. Hat. Gimme you're best shot!"ஐﻬ

Quote:
      ■ ENERGETIC It takes a lot to make Caty stand still. She's constantly moving, jumping, fidgeting or creating mock sword fights with her friends. Or real sword fights if steel were available.
      ■ PERSUASIVE From an early age she found out that being the youngest of the family, especially the youngest girl, came with some very special perks. One being that if she pouted enough or made the right sized teary eye she would get what she wanted. Now that she's older the pouting is still the same but the teary eye had evolved more into a "logical" debate that would result in what she wanted.
      ■ TENACIOUS Once she's had her mind set upon something she will do her everything to ensure it comes into fruition. Using whatever means necessary. This also means that whatever thought or opinion that she's gathered onto she will not relinquish without a fight; figurative or literal she has no problem with either.
      ■ PRAGMATIC While she does enjoy a friendly spar now and then, Caty would rather handle issues with a sensible and cool head rather than go charging blindly into battle. She's also very practical and tries to plan ahead so that even if she ends up losing she'll gain something from it.
      ■ POSSESSIVE Not of possessions mind, but of people. Especially those closest to her which would be her father, brothers, and single female cousin. She has a hard time letting go and accepting that they will eventually move on and marry because she's afraid that they will leave her behind and that will be that.
      ■ SELF-SACRIFICING In accordance with her pragmatic approach, she can be entirely too selfless when time comes. She would rather pay the price for the greater battle than allow something bad happen to someone else that she cares about. She would go through hell and back for those closest to her and probably kick those who aren't into the actual fiery pit.

Quote:

Quote:

quote=""]
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'll think of a mermaid lagoon
Oh--underneath a magic moon
I'll think I'm in a pirate's cave
I'll think I'll be an Indian brave
Now, everybody try--one, two, three!
We can fly! We can fly! We can fly!

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games