Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:06 pm

User Image
User Image
After an unnecessary long walk to the lake side, they approached a row of boats, each laden with a lit lantern, but not a single one carrying anyone, yet. Before the groundskeeper had even finished her instruction, Hayden heaved herself into an empty boat that swayed threateningly atop the lake's unstable surface. Tossing her nameless kitten to the wood beneath her feet, the first year settled herself in at the back, hoping she would be joined by another student, just so she wouldn't have to hold up the ancient-looking lantern for the entire boat ride.
User Image
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:53 pm

I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed

Now, all I do is live with so much hate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:

You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away

But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house ______ ___________ Eleven Years Old
First Year

With Hayden at the Boats

User Image

Patience had bid him well, for now at least, as he paved his way across the school grounds for the first time—a first for any Kamenev, to be sure. The slightest smirk carved in deep as he realized he wouldn’t have to be persecuted to the same ideals and punishments as all of his brothers had endured during their years at Durmstrang. Nobody here really knew him, and he’d prefer to keep it at that…

Wait, who’s that? He blinked in startled realization at a young girl, probably his age, he judged as she embarked towards the lakeside with the professor. She… She looked so eerily familiar. Perhaps he’d seen her at a formal ball his father had attended? Maybe a birthday party of a ministry official? Who knew, but he’d surely seen that face before, painted with the same boring strokes as every time before. But who was she? Whose daughter? Did it matter?

He breathed a slow sigh. No, he supposed not. He had other affairs to take care of here, he couldn’t get distracted. Well… maybe a little companionship certainly wouldn’t hurt. The poor boy didn’t want to go insane—and with all of these Brits, it was bound to happen eventually! Their crass stares and slouched, hunched backs were atrocious, as were their less than ambitious aspirations. It was with this self-rationalization that he had mustered up the courage to quicken his mindless pace to a brisk walk and reach the dock of the boathouse that bordered the edge and then found himself beside the boat of the ravishing little blonde and her tightly wound curls. ”Excuse me,” he began, his voice entangled with the brief, yet heavy accents of the Russian language. His pupils seemed to dilate. ”Do you mind if I join you?”

After all, what was the point in introducing himself if she said no?

But a part of him knew she wouldn’t.

Or was so cocky he hoped she wouldn’t…

She better not…..

Hmm, he was starting to feel uneasy.
                          We’re never who we say we are.

User Image

User Image

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past ________
You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

La Lady Raven

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:00 pm

La Lady Raven

Essy ze Ninja

Veronica Kiss
[UNSORTED]
House: Unsorted
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 11
Year at Hogwarts: 1st year

Giant Squid? That's cool.

User Image
Ronna took in the large castle looming after the lake and she still smiled some. As they reached the row of boats, Ronna, having made her way towards the front waited for the groundskeeper's instructions. Once she advised about being careful on the boats and offered to protect the students from the giant squid, Ronna stepped forward. She raised a brow ever so slightly at the giant squid comment.

She noticed the confident blonde, with the flawless curls step forward even before the gameskeeper finished instructing and take a boat. Either confident in knowing what is going on, cocky and arrogant, or not one to listen to instructions, Ronna thought. She didn't really care and decided to join the girl (and the boy joining her) in the boat. The boat barely rocked as Ronna gotten in, she had been familiar enough with the water from all the times Dad took her to the beach one of her favorite locations. The trick was to move smoothly and gently, which was harder to do when excited as she was, but habit took over.

"Veronica Kiss. Or Ronna, doesn't really matter," Ronna said to Hayden and the other boy, as she sat down across from Hayden at the front of the boat. "Hope you two don't mind if I join you."

Joining: Hayden Hellington and Dmitri
[Wearing:plain black school robes]

{ EDITED }
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:20 pm

And we both go down together...we'd stay there forever...just try to get up
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sergio Mourinho Di Maria

UnsortedPurebloodEleven

I always sing you sad songs...and you can sing along...and you can see your melody is calling out your wrongs.

Sergio walking to the lake, saw many people gathering on one boat. So, craving some kind of social conversation, he brought himself to the boat as well. "Hello people, my name's Sergio Mourinho Di Maria, and honestly, we are all going to the same place in approximately the same amount of time; so you know, I'm just going to sit right over here," he said, his thick Italian accent mixing with his English accent. Confidence...certainly something that Sergio did not lack. He would not let them say no. That was just him.

He did not care what others thought of him so naturally, he kind of just acted as such. I'm so tired for no reason. Instantly, he touched the water of the black lake and touched his fingers to his eyelids, instantly feeling that invigoration of the cold touch.

So far, this place was rather unimpressive. There had been nothing that really stuck out to him. Hogsmeade; well, he had already ventured into that area during his childhood and there really was a lack luster feel about the place, compared to his homeland that is. He loved Italy and he wanted to be there, soaking up the rays on the beaches and taking gondola rides in the canals of Venice, but one can not divulge in such luxuries everyday when they are the heir of a rich family can they? Despite that, he could not wait for his time in Italy over the summer.

"Giant Squid? Interesting...I'm rather surprised it hasn't caused any accidents as of yet," he said aloud, looking at the water again, hoping to see the squid but to no avail, it was not visible under the coat of darkness. Maybe if it was provoked it would show. He instantly started laughing at this thought. He could imagine himself explaining to his father why he was expelled before he could make it through the front door. So, he decided against such a thing.

I never told you everything. Your losing hope and fading dreams and every single memory along the way

And I'm sorry, this wasn't easy...I ask you believe me...and never let go

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:20 pm

User Image
User Image

Jar stepped into an empty boat, still munching on his candy. If he had not had an uncle who ran a candy store maybe he wouldn't have such a sweet tooth. Yet it was how it was and you heard no complaints from the blonde haired boy. "So, there really is a giant squid?" he asked as he munched on his candy. I wonder what it'll be like at Hogwarts! he thought as he stared at the lake.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:28 pm

User Image
User Image
After letting her mind drift to her curiosity of how the night would end up as she stared off in the direction of the castle, she found herself nearly startled as a thickly-accented voice broke her silence. Hayden slowly glanced up at the boy—she had to admit he was handsome, in a dark sort of way. But before she could become annoyed at the attention of one of Hogwarts' newest pests, she tilted her porcelain-faced head slightly to one side as she found herself feeling that this boy's presence was oddly familiar. Even after he spoke—asking to join her on the boat, she kept quiet and continued to appraise him, the brilliant blue orbs embedded in her head creeping up and down his broad face. She could have sworn it was the same boy she had often watched entertain himself at a number of her parents' gatherings, the same one she had never talked to, but had always felt strangely inclined to do so. Having never heard him actually speak before, she was quite surprised by his unsuspecting, foreign accent, although her father did have many friends from other countries.

Finally satisfied with her judgement, Hayden straightened her back even further, her nose pointed unnecessarily toward the sky as she pretended a lack of interest in his presence as she spoke in a loud, sharp, and feminine voice. "I suppose you could hold the lantern." She gestured lightly toward the front of the boat with a small movement of her head, and continued to assess the stars. Almost immediately, the blonde was surprised by another student, this one simply inviting herself into the boat, introducing herself quickly as she took a seat. "Hm." The girl shrugged her eyebrows as she looked the girl up and down for only a moment before having to assess another boy who joined their group, as well. Looking back up at the sky, she considered not introducing herself, but was rather interested to know the name of the first boy who had joined her in the boat, so she calmly, yet confidently stated, "I am Hayden Rhienne Hellington, and it does matter."

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:45 pm

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
First Year

With Hayden, Ronna, and Sergio at the Boats

User Image

He could feel the static permeate the air as her brilliant jeweled gaze struck his own with curious inhibitions, he blinked. He wasn’t used to being sized up or down, in any sense of the form. (Or, he’d never actually cared if anyone had decided to.) It was a little disconcerting, to say the least. But before he’d ever even really been given much chance to gauge a reaction, another girl slipped past him, caused him to recoil and take a step back, just so he wouldn’t feel he was about to knock her over into the lake from how closely she’d gotten.

Hell, the curly blonde barely had time to react too, so it seemed, as another boy less than nobly sauntered through and abruptly took a seat in the boat beside both girls. Well, that was… ill thought. He blinked, barely able to contain that little twitch at the corner of his nose as he redirected his attention to the blonde and nodded. ”Wouldn’t have had ‘eet an’ee other way,” the slight irritability of unwanted disturbances thickened his accent unconsciously. But he joined the rest of them nonetheless and took the last seat of the boat and then cared for the lantern hoisted at the edge.

”I’d have to agree with you,” he nodded toward Hayden, ”a name—“ but he paused when he noticed that the other boy, his own accent foreign, began talk of a squid.

And then burst out laughing for no apparent reason. Dmitri just blinked. ”Er—I’m Dmitri Kamenev, by the way,” he nodded. And in the back of the mind, he racked every file he’d ever stored of every family he’d ever known. Hellington’s; it definitely sounded familiar but from where, and how, to what degree? He couldn’t say yet.

User Image

User Image

La Lady Raven
mc2
Silver Eagle III
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:53 pm

La Lady Raven

Essy ze Ninja
Silver Eagle III

Veronica Kiss
[UNSORTED]
House: Unsorted
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 11
Year at Hogwarts: 1st year

Wonder if the giant squid likes the taste of purebloods?

User Image
"Oh, an elitist," Ronna said with an acidic smile referring to Hayden's response, "How refreshing... or should I just say trite." Ronna rolled her eyes glancing away and thought, Great, I get on the boat with a pureblood elitist. She had read about the fuss over genealogy. What was the derogatory term for people like her? Ronna that is. Mudblood, yes. Well, she was ready if the girl wanted to pick a fight with her.

She took note of the other accents and wondered at the multinational students she had already met. She had assumed most would be English. Maybe it was just luck of the draw.

In Company of: Hayden Hellington and Dmitri Kamenev and Sergio Di Maria
[Wearing:plain black school robes]

{ }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:20 pm

User Image
User Image
Hardly taking note of the boy who began to ramble on about giant squids, Hayden waited for the other one to speak, and paid close attention when he finally did. Her thoughts caressed each syllable that he let slip from his tongue, and she studied his every move without hiding the fact that she was staring at him. A foreign emotion made small waves in her stomach as she tried to understand him, although she did recognize without trouble that she enjoyed hearing him speak, particularly when he mentioned his name. Dmitri, she thought, lingering for a long moment on the sound of it. It was undoubtedly a strong name, and she liked it, but when her thoughts reached the name Kamenev, she was once again flooded with a sense of familiarity. Surely this was the same boy—it had to be.

Hayden's train of thought couldn't travel any further once she registered the voice of the girl sitting across from her. It was irritating, just hearing Ronna speak, but the fact that she had an attitude due to Hayden's response nearly made her laugh. The words the other girl gifted to her actually made the pureblood feel even more pride in herself, and crossing her legs, she simply gave a sharp nod in Ronna's direction, her lips hardly attempting to hide their smirk, and agreed, "Refreshing, indeed."

User Image
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:56 pm

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
First Year

With Hayden, Ronna, and Sergio at the Boats

User Image

He blinked, again. He’d been doing that more often than not, as of late, and he couldn’t help but blame these Britain’s and their silly little controversies. He always thought it so odd of their formal customs, but it was a common practice he’d learned to acquire. In Russia, the actions of the other two in the boat would have been normal, customary, even, but not in Britain. How so very peculiar, as are the materialistic ideals here. And as his eyes darted back and forth between Ronna and Hayden; he could hardly wait to see what else this new land had had in store for him.

He would always miss his Motherland, to be true, but he’d never spent as much time in Britain as his older brothers had, even if they all had still attended Durmstrang, the familial business expected them to be well versed in both cultures. The girl’s sly covert words chimed with a bell of insincerity, but there was a strict politeness there as well. But that’s all it was to him, covert lies. A fraction of his attention shifted to the Italian, just to catch a glimpse of an emotion, but failing to see any, he returned his attention to the girls.

Hell, as much as he would have loved to see them lunge at each other, he knew he shouldn’t instigate, and with as much time as he spent daydreaming the outcome of the winner, he really should have had more time to think of a better change of topic. ”So, ee’ther of you comrades went to the Circus Maisc this summer? Their dragon tamer was quite impressive.” But that was sort of an understatement, really. He’d hardly gotten to enjoy the carnival though, as he had to have left shortly before the masquerade had even began.

User Image

User Image

La Lady Raven
mc2
Silver Eagle III

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:13 pm

User Image
User Image
Hayden was not surprised by Dmitri's attempt to change the subject—in fact, she had almost been expecting it. He seemed like a well-mannered child, and she wondered if her underlying sarcasm toward Ronna intimidated the boy.

Once again, she listened closely to him speak, soaking up each word as if it were filled with tangible emotion. She paused for a moment after he went silent, just to ensure nobody else was more eager to jump into the topic, and then responded to him almost impatiently.

"I was in France with my family—a trip to celebrate my first year at Hogwarts. Not that I minded, really. I feel that carnivals were meant for smaller children." Even though her voice didn't really have any sort of attitude in it, she realized her last common might have been a bit harsh. "To each his own," she added politely, her eyes focusing on the water's dark, reflective surface.

[[OOC: Not sure when I'll have a chance to post again next, so Hayden may or may not be too much more active in this conversation.]]
User Image
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:38 pm

User Image
So tell me what you want to hear
Something that will light those ears
Sick of all the insincere
So I'm gonna give all my secrets away

User Image

Jer looked around the boats and wondered where he was going to sit. Honestly, he wasn't sure, but he might as well sit anywhere. No reason not to, right? Walking over to a boat with just one kid, he sat down heavily and grinned at the boy. He then crossed his arms and looked around at everyone. "So, I guess we haveta break th' ice or somethin'? Name's Jer, an' I'm jes' wonderin' how many if ya saw me ac' a' th' circus. I was doin' me bleedin bes' work tha' day too."

-------------------------------------------
State: Excited
OOC: ...
-------------------------------------------

This time, don't need another perfect lie
Don't care if critics ever jump in line
I'm gonna give all my secrets away

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:47 pm

User ImageUser Image

Ӻɨɍȿҭ ϒєȧяȖȵșσɾȶҿȡӍʯɠʛɫεҍѻʀлϩɩɳɡʃҙ
Erica looked around with big eyes spotting the castle for the first time. It was incredible, it was bright and seemed to light up the entire night sky. Of course to get to the castle she'd have to get into one of these boats, she wasn't quite sure about that, the mention of a giant squid didn't help much. She went for a straight shot to the boat with the older woman, keeper of keys was it? She climbed into the boat, making it rock slightly. She sat and immediately gripped the edges of the boat, she was not going to go down without a fight. She closed her eyes slightly and tried to only think of the castle's lights. Soon she would be there and sorting would begin, that was one aspect she was looking forward to.

{OoC: }
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:43 pm

User Image
User Image

Jar looked as a blonde boy climbed in his boat. He smiled at the stranger and nodded as he introduced himself. "Hi Jer, I am Jar, it's short for Jarlath." he said as he looked at the boy. Circus act? is he a worker there? he thought as he looked at him, his head tilting curiously.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:23 pm

And we both go down together...we'd stay there forever...just try to get up
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sergio Mourinho Di Maria

UnsortedPurebloodEleven

I always sing you sad songs...and you can sing along...and you can see your melody is calling out your wrongs.

Sergio listened in to the conversation that the others were having, knowing that something was going to break out of this. He just chuckled for a bit. What else was there to do?

When it progressed, Sergio finally turned his attention to the front of the boat. "Come on guys, let's not get kicked out before we even start at this rather unimpressive place. I mean, once you're behind closed doors, have at it, but if something happens Dmitri and I get in trouble too. he said, turning his attention back to the water streaming behind them. Normally, Sergio would be all for picking on the muggle born. He really didn't care, but he just didn't want to get in trouble the first day. Anytime after then would be fine.

Sergio just shook his head and chuckled to himself as Dmitri had excluded him from the question. He wasn't surprised at all. Sergio quite frankly did not know how much they would get along. Probably not at all. But he would only have to see that kid here and probably would never talk to him again. The blonde seemed to be cool...cute too. Then there was the muggle-born. She probably chose the wrong boat to get on and because of that mistake, Sergio would let her off with this one. Why? He felt bad that she just got here and was already making one enemy. He by no means was her enemy. But he certainly couldn't be an acquaintance or a friend either. Strangers sounds more precise.

After making his first impression on everyone. He remained quiet, knowing that he wasn't part of the conversation anyway. Do not speak unless spoken too; something his father always used to tell him. So, maybe that should apply here.

I never told you everything. Your losing hope and fading dreams and every single memory along the way

And I'm sorry, this wasn't easy...I ask you believe me...and never let go
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games