Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:11 am
More importantly, you're basing all your expertise on how a ship is 'strong' or 'weak' on a video game? By that train of thought, a single x-wing should be able to take down an entire ISD, although we know that to be a rather difficult statement to back up.

Moving along, kiddies. I''m not a fan of corellian products because they're buttass ugly, but i have to admit they make a decent starship usually. Personally, I like Hapan ships best, but we're not going to discuss that.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:20 pm
Cale Darksun
...let me see if I understand this:
Quote:
I stoppe playing it, but you should totally play it!

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Yup, that's 100% my quote.....

I stopped because of grades, that's all.  

Valkore Fraust

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:26 pm
I tend to favor Corellian vessels myself. Kuat's all fine and dandy when you want a ship of the line, but when you're looking to tackle some dogfighting or pilaging, stick to the reliable stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:06 pm
The only problem with most corellian ships: They're useless unless you mod them out. It's kind of like a kickass muscle car, that you bought as the wimpy six cylinder and had to upgrade everything to make it kickass.

A few war vessels aside, they aren't too friendly towards a pilot unless he's a gear head who is in need of a little more poon tang.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:28 pm
Cale Darksun
Jaden_Ordo
I have a fleet.
Not as a roleplay character, but the character that is Jaden Ordo, the character who is a part of my soul, part of who I am, and the character I often portray myself as in this guild.

It is a mostly Mandalorian-built fleet, comprised of many of the best Mandalorian Cruisers and Destroyers, as well as many fighters and besuliik droids (not the new fighters, they're too expensive).

I can come up with some specific numbers if you'd like.

I got a Star Destroyer with attendant fleet.
Thats roughly 2700 support vessels and 3400 combat vessels (not including fighters and shuttles).
I'm not the Republic, Ordo.
I wont make their foolish mistakes.
There will be no Seroco, no Duro, no Eres III.
You will only suffer another Malachor V. Except the casualties I suffer will be a fraction of what you will suffer.
Alright, Darksun. It's on.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:31 pm
Cale Darksun
Heh.
Have fun dying in your Kuati Coffin.
The real men fly Mandalorian.
cool  

Jaden_Ordo

RedGrail

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:20 am
Nelowulf
The only problem with most corellian ships: They're useless unless you mod them out. It's kind of like a kickass muscle car, that you bought as the wimpy six cylinder and had to upgrade everything to make it kickass.

A few war vessels aside, they aren't too friendly towards a pilot unless he's a gear head who is in need of a little more poon tang.

But isn't that the beauty of it? Modifying a ship to your needs(perhaps desires)?
You have an advantage with that, at times-- Like... if an opponent be caught off guard if the they 'assumed' a let's say... a YT-1300, a Cutlass-9 patrol fighter, or Personal Luxury Yacht 3000 didn't have any teeth.

I'm someone that always enjoys 'tinkering' with a ship.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:29 am
Well, if you don't mind shelling out a bunch of cash to 'make your dreams come true'.... or you oculd have just shelled all that money out in the first place, saving you weeks even months of downtime, and the hassle of trying to find illegal parts to keep up with military stock...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:11 pm
Jaden_Ordo
Cale Darksun
Jaden_Ordo
I have a fleet.
Not as a roleplay character, but the character that is Jaden Ordo, the character who is a part of my soul, part of who I am, and the character I often portray myself as in this guild.

It is a mostly Mandalorian-built fleet, comprised of many of the best Mandalorian Cruisers and Destroyers, as well as many fighters and besuliik droids (not the new fighters, they're too expensive).

I can come up with some specific numbers if you'd like.

I got a Star Destroyer with attendant fleet.
Thats roughly 2700 support vessels and 3400 combat vessels (not including fighters and shuttles).
I'm not the Republic, Ordo.
I wont make their foolish mistakes.
There will be no Seroco, no Duro, no Eres III.
You will only suffer another Malachor V. Except the casualties I suffer will be a fraction of what you will suffer.
Alright, Darksun. It's on.

Whoops.
Glassed Mando'yaim.
Real sorry bout that. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:09 am
Speaking of Ships.

Out of curiousity, can the Yuuzhan Vong starfighter be piloted by non Vong pilots?

RedGrail

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:25 pm
I would assume it would either be akin to riding an animal or would be as difficult as a nonvong using an amphistaff or other piece of vongtech.
Either way, it wouldnt be impossible.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:45 am
I think its not imposible but actually I don't like vong ship I'd rather use an A/E wing or for non combat a Lambda shuttle  

Outcast kyle

Rodyn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:44 pm
Imperial-II Star Destroyers, fo sho.

As if that wasn't surprising.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:17 am
Except ISDs can't be flown by a single person... unless you're Neb Wulf....  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Outcast kyle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:01 pm
Nelowulf
Except ISDs can't be flown by a single person... unless you're Neb Wulf....

Well even if you don't want to spend in a crew you can always get some droids to get the work done so I don't think it would be a problem  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games