Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:12 pm

i remember vau using a rifle and saying 'wow it's like a pistol' or something to that effect...

pistols can have stocks too, ya know.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:14 pm

Cale Darksun
You're not alone in needing an edit.
Methinks I need to overhaul major parts of my character.
The profile doesnt seem to match the person.

Methinks a few folks be in need of an edit, in that case.
Still, it's all good, IMO. 3nodding It means you're letting the character evolve from what you intially planned.

AFK Masturbating

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:14 pm

Nospai Deathous
i remember vau using a rifle and saying 'wow it's like a pistol' or something to that effect...

pistols can have stocks too, ya know.

probably he was refering to its ease of use or its weight.
Make no bones about it, the Shatter Gun is an excellent weapon.
But it makes a better Special Forces toy than a grunts' firearm.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:15 pm

Cale Darksun
Nospai Deathous
hey cale, you reading Triple Zero?

read it already.
Gotta say, Kal Skirata kicks a**.
So does Ordo.

Kal Skirata? The guy who kidnapped the Kaminoan prime minister woman and sent her back piece by piece?

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:16 pm

I meant a DL-44 for avatar edits. like the DC and E-11.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:17 pm

Celestia Whitesword
Cale Darksun
You're not alone in needing an edit.
Methinks I need to overhaul major parts of my character.
The profile doesnt seem to match the person.

Methinks a few folks be in need of an edit, in that case.
Still, it's all good, IMO. 3nodding It means you're letting the character evolve from what you intially planned.

I origionally planned to edit the profile.
I'm never very good at describing what the character is like until he's had some time to develop a personality.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:18 pm

FrozenPhoenix32
Cale Darksun
Nospai Deathous
hey cale, you reading Triple Zero?

read it already.
Gotta say, Kal Skirata kicks a**.
So does Ordo.

Kal Skirata? The guy who kidnapped the Kaminoan prime minister woman and sent her back piece by piece?

Yep, that sounds like Kal alright.
The guy kicks a**.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:19 pm

Nelowulf

yes, but do you want it to be side, like, a side view, or angled, so it's aiming slightly at the viewer? both can look ok in the avi's hand

and cale.. i'll look for it..

alright, the term varies over the scene from Verpine to Verpine rifle, but on P337:

He leaned back slightly against the wall at his back. "But this Verpine is beautiful." He rested his firing hand on his raised forearm. "It's almost a handgun."

now the image of the Verpine looks like an oversized handgun, and it's easy to imagine a folding stock being attached. this is also consistent with the ability to hide it under clothing. plus if it was a full fledged rifle, he would support it by gripping the foregrip of the weapon for stability, and yet he uses a position used for firing pistols.

Nospai Deathous

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:20 pm

Nospai Deathous
Nelowulf

yes, but do you want it to be side, like, a side view, or angled, so it's aiming slightly at the viewer? both can look ok in the avi's hand

look for what?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:31 pm

i added what i was looking for ^

Nospai Deathous

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:31 pm

ok i just got my first paycheck in my new job and im not shure what star wars book to get any suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:32 pm

Nospai Deathous
Nelowulf

alright, the term varies over the scene from Verpine to Verpine rifle, but on P337:

He leaned back slightly against the wall at his back. "But this Verpine is beautiful." He rested his firing hand on his raised forearm. "It's almost a handgun."

now the image of the Verpine looks like an oversized handgun, and it's easy to imagine a folding stock being attached. this is also consistent with the ability to hide it under clothing. plus if it was a full fledged rifle, he would support it by gripping the foregrip of the weapon for stability, and yet he uses a position used for firing pistols.

There are varying sizes of Verpine Shatterguns, from rifles to the more common pistol. And Kal custom ordered the Rifles so you know he had a few modifications thrown in.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:35 pm

yet there's not much point in ordering rifles to make them shorter, when you can just order the smaller version and save money. in fact, it's more cost-effective to buy a smaller version of the weapon, if there is one, and modify it to have longer range and more power. but if he ordered rifle sized, then either that /is/ the normal version, or there is an actual verpine shatter pistol, which would be termed as such...

edit: didn't see the first part of what you said

i doubt there would be many variations for purchase because, true to the name, they are made by Verpine, and also have religious significance. they don't object to outsiders using them, but it means there are very few verpine shatter guns off-planet. variations in class require at least a larger market-base (like the disruptor rifle/pistol and sonic rifle/pistol) which are for specific buyer bases (criminals and law enforcment respectively). a religious icon isn't going to be made in variations to match the demands of outside uses.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:36 pm

Nospai Deathous
yet there's not much point in ordering rifles to make them shorter, when you can just order the smaller version and save money. in fact, it's more cost-effective to buy a smaller version of the weapon, if there is one, and modify it to have longer range and more power. but if he ordered rifle sized, then either that /is/ the normal version, or there is an actual verpine shatter pistol, which would be termed as such...

The ones Ive always encountered looked like pistols.
The Wookieepedia entry on em has a picture that supports this.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:44 pm

Cale Darksun
Nospai Deathous

The ones Ive always encountered looked like pistols.
The Wookieepedia entry on em has a picture that supports this.

i have the same picture in the arms and equipment book. but often times what seperates a rifle from other weapons is the caliber. a heavy blaster pistol isn't a rifle because its beams are not as focused, or efficient when it comes to power usage. i'm saying that although it looks like a handgun, it's called a rifle anyway. now that i mention it, the ammo used is probably what decides this. also, perhaps adding the stock makes it classified as a 'carbine', as it can in this world, and in star wars the words 'carbine' and 'rifle' are often interchangeable.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games