Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:46 pm

That makes sense.
But the thing with the Verp is that you can throw any damn thing in its ammo chamber-standard slugs, gravel, nuts and bolts- and it'll fling that crap down range pretty well.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:50 pm

but the effectiveness won't always be the same. it's similar to the AK-47; you can use any ammo you want and it can fire it. that is actually consistent with railguns, which it seems to be from its description. however, just as railguns have specially made rounds used for them (tungsten rods for instance) so too does the verpine. however, the ammo used will be most effective if it is made a certain way, and it seems both the weapon and the ammo intended for it are of high quality production.

Nospai Deathous

Theris Faan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:55 pm

NickCpointless
ok i just got my first paycheck in my new job and im not shure what star wars book to get any suggestions

It spends on what you like. THere's enough variety in the Star Wars series for a lot of stuff. If you like action, I'd go with the Republic Commando series. I forget what the first book is called, though. It's written by Karen Traviss, my favorite author. The x-wing series is also very good and action packed. No Jedi, though.

If you want to spend a lot of money on Star Wars books, go for the New Jedi Order series. It's really long, but it's probably got some of the best examples of SW novels ever written. Except for the first book in the series. SKIP THE FIRST BOOK. It's not written very well and it's pretty boring at times. You're not missing much of you go straight to the second one.

I, Jedi is also a good one by another good author.

You know, I actually wrote about all this in my journal not too long ago. You should go check it out and get back with me for any questions.

Anybody else have any suggestions?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:59 pm

Cale Darksun
FrozenPhoenix32
Cale Darksun
Nospai Deathous
hey cale, you reading Triple Zero?

read it already.
Gotta say, Kal Skirata kicks a**.
So does Ordo.

Kal Skirata? The guy who kidnapped the Kaminoan prime minister woman and sent her back piece by piece?

Yep, that sounds like Kal alright.
The guy kicks a**.

Lol

FrozenPhoenix32

Nina Halford

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:10 pm

Theris Faan
NickCpointless
ok i just got my first paycheck in my new job and im not shure what star wars book to get any suggestions

It spends on what you like. THere's enough variety in the Star Wars series for a lot of stuff. If you like action, I'd go with the Republic Commando series. I forget what the first book is called, though. It's written by Karen Traviss, my favorite author. The x-wing series is also very good and action packed. No Jedi, though.

If you want to spend a lot of money on Star Wars books, go for the New Jedi Order series. It's really long, but it's probably got some of the best examples of SW novels ever written. Except for the first book in the series. SKIP THE FIRST BOOK. It's not written very well and it's pretty boring at times. You're not missing much of you go straight to the second one.

I, Jedi is also a good one by another good author.

You know, I actually wrote about all this in my journal not too long ago. You should go check it out and get back with me for any questions.

Anybody else have any suggestions?

The new Legacy books are really good thus far.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:10 pm

i just went with side.

as for books, i love the commando ones, and recommend those the most. the han solo trilogy is good (not the classic one where all the plots resemble james bond movies) i forget the author, but one of the books is 'rebel dawn.' the prequel books aren't bad, but i'd go with the 'mandos cause there's only 2 books so far. and the first one is 'hard contact' btw. second is 'triple zero'.

edit: Nelo, can you e-mail me? at the address from before. i lost yours. i'll PM it to you if'n you want.

found it! i sent it to your e-mail.

Nospai Deathous

elvisnake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:59 pm

If you haven't read it, get the GAT trilogy. They exemplify the best of the EU
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:41 pm

In a perfect world, there is no corruption. There is no violence. There is nothing to threaten the balance of nature. In a perfect world, mankind is extinct.

Think about that one for a bit.

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:06 pm

awesome quote.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:51 pm

thats why perfection sucks.

Sol Walker
Crew

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:55 pm

Darkened Angel
In a perfect world, there is no corruption. There is no violence. There is nothing to threaten the balance of nature. In a perfect world, mankind is extinct.

Think about that one for a bit.

Makes sense. Reminds me of something I've heard of on the VHEMT site.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:01 pm

I had a friend online several years ago who went by AntiMan. His sig was " The world is beautiful, but has a disease called man. "

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:09 pm

yeah yeah we get it.
Mankind is a plague. Blah blah.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:17 pm

Elvis has a face?! God. It's like when Boba demasked in Bloodlines.

FrozenPhoenix32

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:21 pm

FrozenPhoenix32
Elvis has a face?! God. It's like when Boba demasked in Bloodlines.

So, we see the man behind the wolf mask. ^^ Pretty neat.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games