Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]
The Library! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 128 129 130 131 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:18 pm
::Kamalia Mingan walks in the Library and walks down some of the shelves to look for a book on potion ingredients and what their purpose!! Once found a few books on that topic walks to a table by a window and sits down to read and pulls out a note pad with Celtic knots and symbols on it to take a few notes in!!::  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:20 pm

::Once finished taking down a few notes and reading a few of the chapters in the book; stands up and goes to put them back in their right place. Then walks back to table and puts all of stuff back into a Black with green, gold, and silver Celtic knot designs on it. Then walks out of the Library and heads out towards The Giggling Pear!!!::

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

cocosam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:28 pm
Sam goes up to the Librarian to check out some books for her classroom and then sees Kamalia walking out, after the books are given to her, she chases after her to the pear.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:09 am
Katie enters the library and stops in astonishment. She has never been surrounded by so many books, but she must not forget, she is on a mission. She looks down the aisles, skimming over book titles as she walks. Upon arriving on a deteriorating shelf in the back, Katie walks down the aisle that is obviously long-forgotten. She mumbles to herself, "Hmmm....... It's got to be here............." She looks up at the very top of the shelf and stares at the book she needs. Katie grabs a ladder and climbs to reach the old, black, dusty book. "Aha!" she exclaims, and then hears "SHHHHHHHHHHHH........" from all directions. Katie climbs down and happily skips to the front desk to check out the book. After doing so, she heads to the Hogwarts grounds.  

Est_monte_de_Dieu

cocosam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:12 am
Sam sits at a table and takes out her letter- from Ollivander! Then she started to read it silently. "Dear Sam,

Thank you for your letter. After a potion, I did realize that your mother is in fact a squib and the daughter of my late nephew. This pleases me much. Most of my family is dead, and I am glad that at least some are still alive, even those with a different last name. If you really want to, I could teach you the ways of the wand, but it may be difficult along with your learning at the best school, Hogwarts. Perhaps in the summer you could come to the alley and learn they ways, then in fall again go back to school to finish your learning.

Sincerely, Ollivander."
Sam gasped at this. He agreed! She was going to learn how to make wands! Yay! Sam then ran out of the library and to the common room.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:50 pm
Ann woke with a start, "What in the cheese?" She sat up and found cobwebs on her hair, "How long have I been sleeping here?" She looked around the library and realized she was alone and it was late at night. Ann stacked her books and rolled her eyes, "Note to self : Stop sleeping in libraries."  

Miss Love Tantei

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:58 am
::Kamalia Mingan walks in the Library and walks down some of the shelves to look for a book on potion and their purpose! For her Essay! Once found a few books on the topic walks to a table by a window and sits down to read and pulls out a note pad with Celtic knots and symbols on it to take a few notes in!! Before starting on the Essay.::

( OoC: Ann I love your Avi!! Its pretty!!)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:05 pm
Sam looked at the shelves along the walls of the library. She padded to the furthermost end, where all the very very very old books were. She looked at names, until she found what she was looking for- The Killing of Miranda Algorith, 1930" Sam grabbed the book and opened it. But it wouldn't open. She looked all over the book until she remembered something her father had told her, the family motto, Scientia est Key ut Siege Dies (it was latin) She whispered it to the book and it then opened. Then she began to read...."The Algorith family in the 1900's were very opened minded and creating new things everyday. They created several new spells and at the time had three children- John, the oldest, Weston, the middle child, and Miranda, the youngest. At the time, the Algorith family were feuding against a long line of Slytherins, the Westyrns, seeing as they were a long line of Ravenclaws. Of course, something has to happen between the two families eventually. One day, young Miranda was out in Diagon alley when she ran into a young man named William. The two of course fell in love, then married. Both of the families were outraged. One day, Williams's father snuck into their house and killed Miranda, leaving Alexander with a baby boy. The baby boy was a Ravenclaw, and the rest of the Westeryn family was outraged that the long line of Slytherins had been lost. In the back of this book, there is a family tree to see the two families's trees." Sam turned to the back of the book and looked at the tree. It was very long, probably longer than it was originally. She scanned down the family tree, seeing pictures of Miranda and William, and then got to the bottom. Summer was somewhat far away, but she saw her face smiling with her mother and father above her. She grabbed the book and ran out of the room, and running to the secret chamber.

cocosam

Summer_Breeze1507

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:00 am
*Summer wandered around the library for ages, searching the shelves for more information on either Miranda Algorith-Westyn, William westyn, or Alexander Westyn. Eventually she found herself near the back of the library, by the door of the Restricted section. Inside the door, she heard a low whisper that creeped her out.*
I know what you are looking for. It's in here.
*She wanted to go in and check it out, but she was only a first year at the beginning of term, and she didn't want to get herself into any unnecessary trouble. She gathered her things and turned to leave, but as she head away from the back, she heard one final whisper.*
The secret for which you seek, lies buried deep beyond these walls, m'dear.
*Summer ran from the room.*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:25 pm
Sam wandered into the Library, checking behind her back ever so often. When she got to the counter, she showed a slip to the Librarian. She nodded and then turned back to her work. Teacher's Permission! Sam walked into the Restricted section and looked down the hall. The alley seemed desolate, even more than her common room. Mist seemed to be coming from the bottom of the shelves. She scanned the titles until she found it- "The Untitled Diaries of a Westyrn" Sam picked up the book and opened it. It was a picture book! She flipped through it until she found the picture. Miranda layed dead on a wooden floor. A shadow of a woman played across the picture. Then a shadow of a man. The man had no hair. His billowy cloaks seemed to cover her dead body. After he left, Miranda had a mark on her arm- it was the Death Eater sign. Sam slipped the book into her bag and then ran out of the Library.

cocosam

Est_monte_de_Dieu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:48 pm
Katie entered the library and walked to the back. She sat down and took some stationary out of her bag. She began to write.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:25 am
Hello Katie! *Summer shouted as she ran up to her friend/professor*
I need a favor...could you write me a pass to the Restricted section of the library? I need a teacher's pass to get in and do more research for my family history...

Summer_Breeze1507

Est_monte_de_Dieu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:48 am
Katie says,"Certainly. I'd love to learn more about your history too." Katie rights her a pass to the Restricted section that reads,
Summer Westyn is allowed into the restricted section.
Permitted by: Professor Rowanspurger, teacher of Potions.

Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 128 129 130 131 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games