Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:43 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
First Year Unsorted
Pureblood

User Image
                                                  Location : Boathouse -> Great Hall

Ray followed Pandora Thorne up to the great hall. He looked around seemingly interested in how the castle looked. Torches lit and stars in the sky. Students dressed in robes sitting at tables. The house colors visible for each. He was curious about where he'd end up. His mother had been played in Ravenclaw if memory served. His father despite not attending Hogwarts was in a Slytherin equivalent or so he believed his mother mentioned once.

The burning question on Ray's mind clearly was where would he be placed...? He was protective but he didn't think he was the type to risk himself for anyone. He was blunt and too the point but he didn't think he was overly so. He was even smart but he wasn't the go hard on your studies type either. He wasn't even an overly friendly happy person. Shaking his head, Ray figured he should just remain composed and go up when his name was called. "Raymond Yuko." Looking up as his name was called, Ray took a breath before walking up and taking a seat on the stool.

Personality
                                                  ■ BLUNT I don't usually say much as I keep to myself most of the time. However when I do speak up I tend to be pretty blunt and at time rather truthful. I'm not doing it to be mean I just think it needs to be said. Though I'll admit sometimes I do say certain things to be exactly that... mean.
                                                  ■ PERFECTIONIST I strive for perfection. I hate to fail and with perfection you don't fail. If things don't go right it tends to get to me. I like things organized and in order. Move something and I'll probably flip so I only hope my roommates don't touch my stuff.
                                                  ■ CALCULATING Before I do anything I'm always thinking about whether my actions will benefit me or not. Even if I'm doing it for someone else, I always have my motives for doing it. I mean who doesn't right? If I blow off doing something chances are I'll do it in the most tactful way possible. You probably won't even know that I won't want to do it.
                                                  ■ OBSESSIVE Saying I obsess over everything is an understatement. If something isn't going right I'll spend hours making sure it is. When I find an interest in something I spend all my time on it. It could be anything from a hobby to an individual person I find interesting. My obsessive nature also makes me go a tad mental.
                                                  ■ PROTECTIVE Being obsessive I'm also quiet protective over those I care about. It might take a bit to get on that care about list but once you're on it I'll do anything to protect you. Some say I'm over protective though so I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.
                                                  ■ SELF PRESERVATION Despite being protective I'll only go so far. I'm not the type to risk my own safety to protect those I consider friends. When it comes to family I'll protect them and it takes a lot to get me to put myself above them. Though, if you were to back stab me, family or not it's all about me.

Status: Content and Interested
                                                  With: Fellow First Years

Wearing: Plain Black Robes

OOC: ---

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:43 pm
User Image xxAll hail the underdogs
xxAll hail the new kids
xxAll hail the outlaws
xxSpielberg's and Kubrick's

C H E L S E Ax A L T Ax V A Nx A S T E N
UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years OldMuggleborn

The ride across the lake had been intense. Too dumbfounded by the castle, Chessie hadn’t really spoken or paid attention to her boat mates. Her state of awe was sustained still, and she was struggling to process everything their guide had said about houses. Nobody had told her about any of this, and she felt like too much was being thrown at her at once. The singing hat didn’t help very much either. It was definitely culture shock. Hopefully things would calm down a little soon.

Chessie stood as her classmates were sorted, not really watching or even listening. She was just off inside her head somewhere, trying to put everything in place, when her name was finally called. Alphabetical order wasn’t kind to her. Nervously, she made her way up to the hat. Having no honest understanding of how the houses differed from one another, Chessie was more concerned with having the hat set upon her head. It was animate, and the poor girl had a sinking feeling that it could read her thoughts. She could only hope that it would keep them private.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm feisty. I absolutely love to play devil’s advocate, and will do anything I can to get a stir out of people. It’s not ill intent, I just think it’s funny to see people forced out of their comfort zones. Beyond this, though, is a sweet girl who just wants to make friends and be well-liked. I’m very caring and sensitive, and I feel the weight of everyone’s problems... well, at least the people I like. Though I spend a lot of time winding up my friends, it’s worth noting that I would do any and everything I could to be sure that they are safe and happy.

OOC:
Username

It's our time to make a move
It's our time to make amends
It's our time to break the rules
Let's begin

OliMcD

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:48 pm
xxxxxxxxxUser Image

Cerry sat down, her breath hard. She grabbed the edge of the stool so hard her knuckles must have turned white. She wasn't the kind to let this sort of thing bother her, but she was a little terrified. As long as no one could tell what she was feeling of course. She must have looked white as a sheet right now. She took a deep breath and tried to clear her mind, she didn't want this hat spewing anything weird about her to the rest of the students. Oh this would be interesting.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm bubbly. I like people and talking, but I am always, always up for an adventure. I like playing games and exploring and finding out new things. I also personally think I am hilarious. My dad says I've got nerve because I don't back down from anything. I try things that aren't always smart because it makes me feel daring. I don't always look at the consequences of that, however. Overall I'm just passionate and a very nice person who cares about others.

ooc; outfit in top pic
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

Unsorted First Year

OOC:
Username
Username

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:10 pm
User Image

c o l i n xx d o y l e

When Colin's name was called, his heart skipped a little. He knew that whatever house he got put in it would be a good thing, he trusted the hat, but oh goodness he was nervous. He swallowed hard. He had to admit he wished someone could sit with him. It was stupid he knew, but this silly little hat intimidated him to no end. He just had to think about this logically, after all the hat had to be somehow sentient, right? Did that make this better or worse? He wasn't quite sure. He just needed to shut his brain up and let the hat do its job.

Quote:
People say that in a nutshell, I'm clever. I can easily figure things out and love to solve problems. Despite this, I sort of like to hang around in the background. I don't enjoy being the center of attention, but I will if I really have to. I'm very protective of people and I make friends quite easily though I do tend to be quite sarcastic about...basically everything. Sometimes it comes across as a bit rude but I really don't mean. I also really love to learn if I am busy with something else I have my nose stuck in a book. At this time, I am very focused except when I have this nasty habit of spouting out random facts in the middle. Typically no one cares but I love it.

ooc;
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

UNSORTED FIRST YEAR

Username

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:31 pm
User Image

Zallie sat down, and shut her eyes tightly. She knew it wasn't going to do her any good but she couldn't look. It wasn't like she could see that hat but she could feel moving around up there. If she closed her eyes she'd get done with this whole thing a lot sooner, or at least it would feel like that to her. She took a breath and held it tightly, waiting for the hat to speak.

Quote:
People say that in a nutshell, I'm an enigma. When people first meet me I'm really quiet and shy but that all changes pretty quick. I'm really talkative and I love to learn. I'm basically the perfect sidekick. I don't always start things myself, but I am definitely willing to follow others. I am always up for an adventure even if it is not always the best decision. Although I've been told I'm really intelligent, sometimes I just don't know how to use it I guess you could say. I'm always a good friend and fiercely loyal. Also quirky and fun. People just like me.

ooc;
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR. DO NOT REMOVE.

UNSORTED FIRST YEAR

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:45 pm
User Image xxSo naive
xxI keep holding on to what I want to believe

M O R G A Nx F E L I Xx M A T H O S
UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years OldHalfblood

Morgan perked up as his name was called, rushing toward the stool for sorting. He’d been excited about this for years; his dad had told him everything in his letters. Personally, Morgan was hoping for Gryffindor. He thought it was the noblest house, and no other house would do him justice. With a smirk on his face that portrayed his confidence, Morgan sat. 'We meet at last,' he greeted the hat in his thoughts. 'Now put me in Gryffindor where I belong.'

Quote:
■ OBSERVANT Morgan is a people-watcher. He likes to learn about peoples’ quirks and habits, and to store this information away in case he needs to exploit it later. He doesn’t just observe people either; his surroundings are always thoroughly scanned in case any situation arises.
■ DEVIOUS Morgan is very good at finding sneaky ways to get what he wants. He’s been working on this skill ever since infancy, when he learned that a convincing cry could get him some undeserved pampering.
■ TEMPERAMENTAL The slightest stimuli will turn a happy Morgan into a very upset Morgan, which quickly evaporates into a very angry Morgan. His close ones must be careful with what they say, and only his closest friends can know how to talk him down from a fit.
■ IDEALIST Morgan believes very strongly that he must try to enforce a perfect world. He understands that the world isn’t perfect now, but always expects people to act in a way that will make it so. When they don’t, he will hold a grudge.
■ GENEROUS Those who get to know Morgan won’t do so without receiving gifts and favors galore. He doesn’t want to buy friendships, but he does want people to like him, and he believes that giving them what he can might help. He also doesn’t care so much about material things, so giving is easy for him.
■ LOYAL Once Morgan makes a friend, he will stick to said friend like gum to a shoe. He won’t give up on that friendship. The only problem is that he expects the same, and gets very upset when people don’t share his enthusiasm for loyalty.

OOC:
Username

I can see
But I keep holding on and on and on and on

OliMcD

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
------c l α í r є------w í l s σ n------

♫ If you ever need someone to cry to ♪
♫ If you ever need someone to hold you ♪
♫ I will be there ♪
♫ Standing by your side ♪

------fírst----чєαr----wítch------

Claire followed the people as they led her through the boat and up to the school, nervousness building inside her. Now that they were walking into the Great Hall, she was even more nervous. Oh, she wished Rider was here.... Oh, wait, there she was! Claire waved excitedly to Rider, seeing her sister helping to calm her a little. But the mounting excitement of Sorting was threatening to overwhelm her. Claire waited as name after name was called, listening as they drew closer to her name. When it was finally called, she slowly moved up to the stool, placing herself gently upon it. Rider had informed her that she'd hear it speak but no one else would until it proclaimed her House. Please let me be with my sister, she thought, nervously chewing on her lip.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm kind of shy, until you get to know me. Then I open up and become quiet the talkative one. I look up to my big sister and want to be just like her. Mum says that's because it's in our genes to idolize older sisters. Once I get going though, I have a very interesting personality. I'm easily scared though, so when adventuring with my sister, I quickly become a thorn in her side. In either the sun or the rain, I tend to be in a good mood and quite happy. I'm adventurous and inquisitive and generally fun-loving. When faced with a situation, I try to find a logical solution, but sometimes I just take the easiest option.

♫ If you ever need someone ♪
♫ To just love you ♪
♫ If you ever need someone ♪
♫ To simply adore you ♪

------σ u t----σ f----c h α r α c t є r------

{...}

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:50 am
User Image

Nicole Lyra "Nike" Lovette

First YearPurebloodUnsortedSecond-born

I’m like a scarf trick, it’s all up the sleeve
                      I taste like magic, waves that swallow quick and deep
                      Throw the bait, catch the shark, bleed the water red
                      Fifty words for murder and I’m every one of them

╔══════════════════════════════╗

'Finally, it's happening'

That's the first thing Nike thought as she arrived at the Great Hall, she had a great smile on her face when she lined up with the other first years. It felt welcoming to her, and the atmosphere of the castle was pleasing for her. She could notice that some of her batchmates were so dumbfounded and so anxious, she just could not help it but snicker at them. It was just funny to see people being so nervous about it. Come on, it was just a hat, it wasn't like it was going to eat your brain or anything. For Merlin's Sake though, they should stop being too nervous about it--

"Lovette, Nicole"

Okay nevermind, she was also abit anxious about it.

She fixed her brown tied-up hair for the last second before coming out from the line. She could see hundreds of students in all house looking at her, but the person she was focused on was her brother Avian. His eyes behind his red-framed glasses looked anxious, at least more than hers. Wait a second, why was he nervous about it? She knew how to take care of herself, it wasn't like the houses would impact her goals and ambitions. She didn't think that she would end up in Gryffindor, that house didn't do her any justice about it. Hufflepuff wasn't a good match for her either, since she knew what she was doing and would prefer doing things herself. Wait, why was she overthinking about this? Oh right, because of the odds of the unpredictable hat 'Listen, I know my family's full of Ravenclaws but don't put me there with my brother, he's annoying. Put me in a house where people could let me do my thing without any disturbance.'

■ AMBITIOUS Nike always wanted to achieve something as planned as possible, always trying to get an angle to guarantee her success. Usually she worked hard for it, and in addition she would too focused in one thing she might have ignored what was around her. Unfortunately, she preferred doing this by herself and didn't like people "getting in her way" to her goals. Also, you had to let her do her thing, because she would always insist that she knows what she's doing.

■ TEMPERED Nike looked like she was annoyed at almost everything -- Such as her elder brother Avian (because he's annoying), her grandparents, the strict lifestyle, and the fact that it was always Avian who gets away with everything he does (which isn't fair). But then, that was because she tend to overthink too much, she had too many what-ifs going on inside her head that sometimes it was starting to annoy her. When tempered, she tend to be passive-agressive, which wasn't a great trait at all...

■ CONFIDENT Nike was confident that everything's will come to the right direction, and she prefer to stay that way. That was mainly because she thinks that she wasn't named that means 'victory' for no reason (Even though, she was just named after her maternal grandmother, she was supposedly named like that because it sounded nice. But Nike just took the name on a different turn).

■ CRITICAL-THINKER Nike wasn't the type to just listen-and-accept blindly; she thought about it, rethink about it, and question about it. However, this might lead her to overthinking things, which would stress her out.

■ SLIGHTLY SNOBBISH Just because Nike didn't like the whole expectations-lifestyle thing never meant that she wasn't snobbish. She was one of those rich-kids who were silently judging you from the distance about how you act or how you speak, that she would sometimes click her tongue. But fortunately, at least she never brought up the whole blood-status thing, because apparently she figured that a number of purebloods have a screwed-up attitude anyway (She should know that, she witnessed that on a holiday dinner the year before she went to Hogwarts).

■ SHREWD When her brother was able to get away with sheer luck, Nike was able to get away by wits. She thought about what to say that would please them, she could try and lie to them, too. It's just white lies, anyway, it wasn't like she killed somebody (Seriously, she would never do that). Her shrewdness, though, made her sound sarcastic.

╚══════════════════════════════╝

My touch is black and poisonous
                      And nothing like my punch-drunk kiss
                      I know you need it, do you feel it?
                      Drink the water, drink the wine

Thinking : "Seriously, don't let me be with my Ravenclaw brother."
With : The Sorting Hat
Attire : A proper uniform

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MelB87

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:38 am
User Image
~M.J. Al'Meara ~
.::. Eleven years old .::. Unsorted .::.

spaceAs the group followed the deputy headmistress up to the great hall, all MJ could think of was the hat. She had waited so long to see the enchanted ceiling and the great hall her parents talked to her about, but now her focus was solely on that old, ragged, mind-reading hat sitting on a small wooden stool at the very front of all these students. This magical hat that held her future, her new home, her new friends, and her entire path at Hogwarts in its decision for her. "I trust the sorting hat! I trust the sorting hat!" was the only coherent thought that kept repeating in MJ's mind.

spaceHer name was called, she lifted her robes and walked carefully up to the stool, without tripping. As the sorting hat was dropped on her head, she closed her eyes, held her sweaty palms together on her lap and quietly said "I trust you to know where I will be happiest."

::OOC:: Personality found in spoiler smile

spaceMostly, I'm considered peaceful. This helps me connect with my environment in a healthy and respectful way, and is probably why I'm great at interacting with all kinds of magical creatures and plants. Mom always says I seem so happy when I'm helping care for creatures that she is never sure if I calm them or they calm me. Even people typically feel my calm aura and have often said I'm a "peace maker" because I will try to avoid fighting wherever I go. Probably because I don't like fights, I even speaking up when I overhear a heated discussion between acquaintances in the same room. Maybe I am a bit too outspoken when it comes to that kind of thing, I've been told to "mind my business" rather often. But I can't help it, I just want everyone to get along, is that so impossible? I love the outdoors! One of my favorite things to do is sit in the grass in my backyard and just watching our Thestrals, Silver and Farway play together. I often help my parents with their rescue work, helping to care for all manner of creatures, though they don't let me get too involved with some of the more dangerous creatures, no matter how much I beg. I'm also very clumsy... but I'm sure everyone will realize that soon enough. *sigh*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:03 am
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxA I M E E M C H A L E N

First Year ◆ Unsorted ◆ Half Blood

User Image

I know what you think in the morning,
                                                      When the sun shines on the ground,
                                                      And shows what you have done,
                                                      It shows where your mind has gone.

Aimee walked into the great hall with the rest of the first years. She stared at all the older students who were basically staring at all the first years. Was this sorting ceremony really that important? Who cared what house someone went too? Did it really matter? She swallowed hard and waited silently for her name to be called. When it was she walked to the stool, and sat down. The big old musty smelling floppy hat was placed on her head and she waited quietly for it to sort her. She had seen other kids crossing their fingers or quietly whispering house names to the hat, but she didn't know anything about the houses or where she should want to be sorted into. So she just sat and waited. Her father had supposedly been a Slytherin, along with one of her sisters and her dead aunt. But her other 2 sisters were gryffindor and ravenclaw and her cousin had been a ravenclaw too. The only house her family seemed to be missing was Hufflepuff.

■ CONTROLLED She is meticulous and logical. She makes decisions based on whats best for her, not taking others into account very often, unless others will affect her or her life. Every move she makes is cold and calculated and she knows exactly what the outcome will be.
                                                      ■ OPTIMISTIC Aimee is optimistic in a way. She never lets the world get her down, but she also knows exactly how to win no matter what. How can she be down if she is always winning? She can spin any situation to be in her favour.
                                                      ■ ARROGANT She knows she's pretty, and she knows she's smart. She doesn't so much flaunt it as not deny it. She will never deny how good she is at being her. Aimee likes to know that everyone knows this too, but she makes it seem like it was their decision the entire time.
                                                      ■ COMPETITIVE Competitive is an understatement for her. She likes to compete and she loves to win. Winning is her favourite thing to do, and she does everything in her power to do so.
                                                      ■ SARCASTIC You have to take everything Aimee says with a grain of salt. She will say one thing, but her tone completely implies the opposite. Her words are all venemous and come complete with an eye roll or hair flip.
                                                      ■ DISAGREEABLE Lets just say... she's not a people person. She's cold and quiet and very very stiff. She doesn't meld well with people or groups. Friends are hard to come by for her which made for a rather lonely childhood.

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc:

You all have guns,
And you never put the safety on,
I'm trying, I'm trying to sleep,
But I can't, but I can't when you all have,
Guns for hands, yeah

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Tamoketh

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:14 am
Tobias Ledford
YEAR: first :: HOUSE: unsorted
(You can click the picture to view his profile)
User Image
Tobias followed the group throughout the school until all the students arrived for the Sorting Ceremony. His parents had described the event as being highly charged and somewhat intimidating, yet extremely exciting at the same time. Tobias himself felt nervous, as many of the first years most likely felt as well. Although not always the case, the house that you were sorted into became the representation of your personality, something that others will use to judge who you were, how you act and what you probably like or dislike based on it. Tobias wondered what house he would get sorted into. <
I don't think I'd be a great fit for Gryffindor with the kind of attitude and personality I have, Hufflepuff would probably a better fit for me than Gryffindor. I could be put into Slytherin like Mom was... although I find she can be a little intense sometimes, I do like the idea of going after my goals and ideals. I could also be put into Ravenclaw like Dad was. Even though I may question myself a lot and hesitate for most decisions, I am fairly bright at solving problems, even if they are by abnormal or unexpected means...> Tobias kept pondering the options and wondering how much weight his own desires had in the Sorting Hat's decision. He saw MJ and Colin both get their name called and watched them as they went to the hat one by one. When his name was finally called, he got up and made his way toward the hat. <Of all the houses, I definitely want to be in Ravenclaw like Dad... or, Slytherin like Mom. The other two wouldn't be that bad either... DRAT! Why do I always have to overthink things so much...> He put the hat and his head, closed his eyes and let it decide where he should be placed. Tobias couldn't quite make up his mind and felt like, even if he had, it was still not his decision in the end where he'd go. <I'm sure I'll be in either Ravenclaw or Slytherin. Either one will make at least one of my parents happy, and both will hopefully help me become a great wizard, which will make me happy.> This way everyone would be happy by Tobias's reasoning.

((OoC))
((Personality included below))

Tobias tends to be reserved in nature because of his past, preferring to stay out of the spotlight and away from judging eyes. His lack of self-confidence only helps to exacerbate the problem. While being a little shy when first meeting someone, he tends to open up quickly to people who gain his trust. When someone does gain his trust, he becomes a very loyal friend that stands by others regardless of danger. For fear of failing his parents' expectations, he tends to complicate problems and overthink solutions, usually resulting in failure. However, he is very passionate in the things HE loves (not his parents, family or society), and without pressure he succeeds, often going above and beyond. When he is faced with the mundane (to him), he is easily distracted by anything he finds strange, interesting or exciting.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:26 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Diamond Wales
User Image
                                                This is a black, black ski mask song
                                                So put all of your anger on
                                                In the truly gruesome do we trust
                                                I will always land on you like a sucker punch

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Leon had practically ignored everyone else as he travelled across the lake and into the castle. He didn't want to be here, and his crossed arms and narrowed eyes only emphasized his displeasure. However, he had no choice apparently, especially since he had nowhere else to go. When his name was called, he stepped up, rolling his eyes at the description of the houses. Right, okay, segregation. Nice. He sat down and waited for the hat to descend, thinking that he just wanted for the hat to hurry up and stereotype him.

Quote:
                                                xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    ■ ABRASIVE If one word can describe Leon the best, it's that he's abrasive. He's not friendly, and his mouth and behaviour comes off as aggressive. He doesn't back down when someone starts an argument, and refuses to lay down for anyone.
                                                    ■ SARCASTIC Leon is sarcastic, and won't hold back on making cutting remarks to anyone. He doesn't care whose feelings he hurts, and refuses to tone it down for anyone. His mindset is that if they can't take it, then they're not worth his time.
                                                    ■ CLEVER Leon is quite clever, and can find a way into and out of a lot of situations. He can think on his feet easily enough, and tends to be prepared for when the worst actually happens.
                                                    ■ CYNICAL Leon is also quite cynical, thinking that when something goes wrong, everything goes wrong. Considering he's been proven right on more than one occasion, nothing had come up that has tempered his pessimism.
                                                    ■ PRAGMATIC Leon tries to have a realistic expectation of things. He knows that flights of fancy are more for people that don't have to work for a living, and that most people have to live in the real world rather than something imaginary. Because of this, he would rather have his feet firmly on the ground.
                                                    ■ ALOOF Leon is particularly a loner, thinking that he can get by on his own when it's practical. He doesn't like to be surrounded by people, and hates people that are extroverts. Those few friends he does have however, he will protect just as much as anything else he loves.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Great, a talking hat, just how much more freakish can we get here?
                                                OOC:

I’m just a problem that doesn’t want to be solved
                                                So could you please hold your applause
                                                Take this sideshow and all its freaks
                                                And turn it into the silver screen dream

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Stereotype? Why I never!
I simply see who will best help you grow.
It seems to me the best place for you to grow would be...

Slytherin!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:31 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

The Forgotten Weasley
I'm gonna be released from behind these lines...
And I don't care whether I live or die.
And I'm losing blood, I'm gonna leave my bones-
And I don't want your heart; it leaves me cold.
I don't want your future; I don't need your past!
One bright moment is all I ask!
I'm gonna leave my body; moving up to higher ground...
I'm gonna lose my mind; history keeps pulling me down!

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

unsorted │ first year │ halfblood

The boat ride had been tense in an excited sort of way for Di. One the one hand, she was terrified of something dragging her into the dark water at any given moment. On the other hand, she'd found her fellow passengers pleasant to be around, or at least pleasant enough to share a fairly short boat ride with. The boats hadn't exactly skipped along the water, but they hadn't inched, either, and it had taken less time to cross the lake than she'd thought it would. Still, her knees had felt weak by the end of it, and she'd stumbled out of the boat and onto the rocky shore probably looking like she was about to drop to her knees kissing the ground.

They'd spent barely anytime in the darkened, damp boat house before the assistant headmistress came to collect them, and led them up to the castle itself. It was massive; almost like a world unto itself, and Di was still reeling just from entering it through the gigantic front doors. But they'd only stood what seemed like a few moments outside the Great Hall, as it was called, before being ushered in in a strict line, for the Sorting itself. This, Di supposed, what a Moment of Truth, though she was hardly concerned about her sorting. She'd excel wherever she went, she had no doubt of that.

Mostly, it was what the Hat might say that concerned her. What if it found some fault in her personality, some irreparable failing? She felt like she was going to see a notoriously strict teacher. What if it criticized her? Di knew the whole hall wouldn't hear it, only her, in her mind, but the thought still made her feel nauseous. Oh, she hoped it liked her. She was a good person. She was doing very well for eleven! Di stood stiffly in her place in line, trying to stop her knees from locking together. No, she had to be ready. Warlow might be near the end of the alphabet but-

Her name was called, and she sucked in a breath before boldly marching up, her mouth set in a firm line, her eyes hard. This was it.

OOC:
((personality under first spoiler))
■ EFFICIENT You never know how long you've got on this Earth, and Diantha sees no reason to waste any time, ever. She's a very well organized, fast paced person, and if you can't keep up with her... oh well. She decides what she's going to do and then promptly does it. She has no patience for those who would rather procrastinate or waste time doing nothing, rather than reaching their goals. Diantha doesn't like to rush things and risk messing up, but she does want to reach her vision as quickly as she can.
■ CREATIVE While she might not seem like the type, Diantha has an artistic sense and loves to sew things like little stuffed animals for her siblings, sculpt and paint little figurines, neatly chronicle her life in scrapbooks, and make her own jewelry. She sees it as an outlet for when she is frustrated or feeling overwhelmed, and always feel better upon completing a project of some sort. She also likes to have things to do with her hands in her downtime, and will sneak off to make things.
■ SELF ASSURED Diantha rarely doubts in herself or her actions/choices; she's generally convinced that what she did was right, to the point where she tends to come off as arrogant to the people around her. She's not shy at all about speaking her mind, and won't hesitate to tell someone exactly why they're wrong and she's right. Her confidence can be overbearing at times, and she sometimes looks down on those who are more passive. She's not one to second guess herself, have any immediate regrets, or let someone else's disapproval stop her.
■ COMPASSIONATE Diantha strongly believes in fighting for those who cannot fight for themselves. If she sees what she considers an injustice, she'll do whatever she can to protect those in need. While she's not particularly hotheaded and tries her best to be more rational than emotional, if someone asks for her help with good reason she finds it impossible to just do nothing. She's been accused of always rooting for the underdog before, and it's very much true, even if it makes her somewhat of a 'bleeding heart'.
■ COURAGEOUS Diantha is, to put it simply, brave. Even if under the threat of danger or pain, she's going to try to do the right thing. She's not fearless or particularly reckless, but she is willing to put herself at risk for the sake of others or a cause she's devoted herself to. She also tends to encourage others to stand up for themselves whenever possible. Diantha despises seeing suffering going ignored, and she'd do anything to keep the people she cares about safe. Those she counts among her friends and family mean the world to her.
■ UNFORGIVING Diantha holds her grudges like some people hold their alcohol: well. While not petty or one to take offense easily, she does very much trust her own judgement of other people, and if she sees someone saying or doing something she considers reprehensible or strongly disagrees with, they're forever written off in her book. She's not of a mind to forgive, or to forget, and she'll bring up past mistakes and failures like nobody's business in a dispute, both because she has difficultly moving on from things that seriously upset or hurt her and because she believes in proving a point.

Username

I don't need a husband, don't need no wife...
And I don't need the day, I don't need the night!
And I don't need the birds, let them fly away-
And I don't want the clouds, they never seem to stay.
I don't want no future; I don't need no past!
One bright moment is all I ask!
I'm gonna leave my body; moving up to higher ground...
I'm gonna lose my mind; history keeps pulling me down!

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Such confidence! Such kindness!
My dear you could do quite well anywhere!
But as I must pick one, I must make sure it is the best.
With such a wonderful mind, I think you'll do quite well in...

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:35 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Cara MiaKitty
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          Looking Spastic at - - - with - - -
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Excited
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Wonder how all this works? ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ɾεχ ṃαɾќṡlεÿ ώαṡ α τ ï ṉ ќ ε ɾ ε ɾ , ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αṉ εṉģïṉεεɾ ε χ τ ɾ α ø ɾ ḋ ï ṉ α ï ɾ ε ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxxxxx
                                                          hε ṃαḋε συïсќ-ɾεløαḋïṉģ ģ α ḋ ģ ε τ ṡ ṡø hε сøυlḋ ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxx
                                                          ƒ ï ɾ ε ṉøṉ-ṡτøρ ώïτh ρ α ṉ α с h ε αṉḋ ƒ l α ï ɾ ↞ ↞ ↞xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceColin's energy had somewhat returned over the course of the boatride across the lake, if only because the view of the castle as they'd approached had been pretty amazing. He'd been buzzing ever since then, still not quite up to socializing per se, but definitely more energetic than he'd been when he'd gotten off the train. Surname starting with a B, he didn't have to wait very long before his name was called, only a couple of students going before him. He'd tried to watch the sorting as it happened, wondering what exactly was being done, but didn't have it even remotely figured out. Ah, well, he thought, likening the experience to a grand adventure as he approached the stool and the hat. He sat down, chewing his lip in anticipation. He already knew it spoke, obviously, it had sang for them all not five minutes before. But what did that have to do with sorting them? Meanwhile, he found himself struggling to remember the names of the houses, thinking it'd probably be a while before he got them down. Hopefully he could remember the name of whichever one he ended up in easily enough. It'd be pretty bad if he couldn't, he thought.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx↠ ↠ ↠ τhε ṃαṉ ώαṡ α l ε ģ ε ṉ ḋ αṉḋ hεɾø τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h αṉḋ τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h
                                                          xxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ αṉḋ ɾεχ ώαṡ α ƒ ɾ ï ε ṉ ḋ τø τhε в α τ τ ε ɾ ε ḋ αṉḋ τhε в ɾ υ ï ṡ ε ḋ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ hε hαḋ ṡεεṉ α løτ øƒ ώ ø ṉ ḋ ε ɾ ṃ ε ṉ τ ṡ ïṉ hïṡ ģ l ø ɾ ÿ ḋ α ÿ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ αṉḋ hε ḋ ï ε ḋ αṉ ø l ḋ ṃ α ṉ αløṉε øṉ τhε ρ ɾ α ï ɾ ï ε τhεÿ ṡ α ÿ

(( OOC: ))
                                                          Personality below spoiler

■ INVENTIVE Colin likes being presented with problems that require him to think critically to solve. He greatly admires his stepmother's brains, and aspires to be like her. He's very clever, and enjoys challenges. His favorite thing to do is to attempt to fix something that's broken, particularly if it is of an electronic or clockwork nature.
                                                          ■ CURIOUS This particular trait, when described by Colin, is that he is simply very interested in the world around him. Others, however, would be more apt to call him 'meddlesome,' as in he just can't leave well enough alone. He doesn't care that it works, he wants to know how, and will often take it apart to find out. Sometimes this is fine, but other times he has trouble putting things back together again quite the way they originally were, which is the cause for many headaches in his household.
                                                          ■ ENTHUSIASTIC Colin is never one to sit quietly when presented with something that interests him. He throws himself into things wholeheartedly, and is always eager to see them through to the end. He rarely bothers with things that don't interest him, but when he has no choice but to take part, he will find something to be excited about. He's an incredibly passionate person, and it shows.
                                                          ■ OPTIMISTIC He likes to believe the best will happen. Even when things get bad, Colin is often the one to keep his head up and to remind everyone that things could be worse. Though, he's careful to never be careless about it; he doesn't discredit a person's feelings when they are down, he merely wants them to remember everything good in the world. It's very tough to get him down, and when he does go down, he doesn't stay down for long.
                                                          ■ OBSESSIVE Colin tends to be a little too involved in his projects sometimes; he'll get an idea in his head and it won't go away, until it's keeping him up all night. He loses a lot of sleep obsessing over small fixes, wondering about how the world works, questioning any and everything. It's very hard for him to shut his brain down.
                                                          ■ STUBBORN Colin has a very hard time backing down from anything; his obsessive nature combined with his eternal optimism ensures that he can't let anything go until he's seen it through to the end. Sometimes, he clings to something long past when he should have moved on, because the idea of simply dropping something and leaving it unfinished drives him up the wall.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

With such strong curiosity as your guide,
I do believe that it will lead you to...

Ravenclaw!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:06 pm

User ImageUser Image

This is it.

The voice in Ralph's head had continued to repeat that phrase for the last week and a half. Even though he had known all his life that he would be going to Hogwarts, and even though it came to no surprise to him that he, himself, would be getting a letter, going school supply shopping for robes that fit him, and even boarding the train instead of standing there on the platform like a baby -- despite all this, Ralph was still awed by it all.

He floated through each of his tasks as if he were in a dream. A dream come true, mind you. Ralph had dreamt of the day where he was the one trying on all the fancy robes, where he would be waving his new, precious wand around like he actually knew how it worked. Oh yes, Ralph had dreamed of this for a very, very long time.

Especially now that he and Effy would be together more often! The thought made him especially happy and he found himself beaming with joy every time he thought about all the fun the two of them would have. They would be able to hang out in the common rooms together and play hide and seek in the greenhouses.

Even Tristan could be better here... right? Ralph hoped so. There were many nights leading up to today where Ralph wondered if his cousin, Tristan, would act different than he did at home. Maybe even, well, worse different.

The train ride hadn't been half bad, though. Tristan seemed to have been grumpier than usual, but Effy was trying to be cheerful for the two of them. She knew exactly what this meant to Ralph so she had tried to keep him smiling. To help lighten the mood, they had all bought some chocolate frogs to snack on for the ride from the trolley lady. Tristan had immediately tossed his chocolate frog to the side, more interested in his jerky than anything, and Ralph had also barely nibbled on his, the chocolate beginning to melt onto his hands. He was a right mess, but he was so distracted with the changing landscape outside the train window. Everything was exciting for him.

Effy had dropped him off to where he needed to go, but the only way he had obeyed her and gone with the group of first years was the whispered promises that they would be reunited before dinner. This pleased Ralph to hear, so he mustered up his resolve and watched Effy disappear off into the night, dragging Tristan behind him like she always did lately.

Then there were the boats, over an inky black lake that Tristan had warned Ralph about. "There's a giant squid down there, you know," Tristan's voice echoed in Ralph's brain as he looked at his reflection in the water, "And even worse things that like to eat little kids like you." Ralph ducked his head back into the boat and sheepishly looked around. Was anyone else worried about the big, giant SQUID down there? Ralph wanted to scream, but the anxiety of the evening kept him silent like a knife to his throat.

And now here they were, waiting to get sorted into their houses. Houses which would follow them for the next seven, whole years! They would have to be friends with the people in their houses, and work together like a family. Ralph wanted to get into Slytherin. He wanted it badly. That was where his own family was. Slytherin was where he belonged!

The worst thoughts played in his mind as he stood there amongst the other children. What if he didn't get into Slytherin? The despair of the moment hit him like a tidal wave. He tried to remain calm by taking deep breaths, but it was hard to get over the idea of something like that occurring. Ralph really didn't know the answer to that question, and it bothered him. He, instead, focused on the fact that it was nearly impossible - not even a chance! - that he wouldn't get into Slytherin. Ralph found comfort in that thought. He held onto it even as his name was being called.

"Ralph Thomas Hastings!" The deputy headmistress announced. Ralph froze and gulped. This is it, the phrase echoed again in his brain. It was the motivation he needed to start moving forward.

All eyes were on him now as the crowd parted in front of him. His head was down, eyes glued to the floor, but his face was full of determination. His goal was the stool. Seven years of his life was hanging in the balance and he could feel the weight of the event pressing down on him like an anvil. The woman standing by the stool was watching him, too, with a kind face and dark eyes. Ralph liked the way her hair looked; it seemed soft and had a pretty color to it. She was very young to be a professor, Ralph thought to himself, but immediately found himself not caring in the slightest because this was his moment.

She lifted up the hat - the hat! Oh my goodness, there it was! - Ralph was beyond himself with excitement. He hopped onto that stool like it was his birthright, wiggling in it as he got comfortable. Ralph's eyes scanned the Slytherin table and immediately locked gazes with Effy. She was practically beaming, and he was sure he was too. They had both been talking about this moment until they had separated about an hour ago. It was all Ralph could think about.

Finally, after what felt like years, the hat was lowered onto Ralph's head and the voice of the hat came to him.

[DIPLOMATIC] Ralph is someone who will patiently listen to two conversing sides and try to find a middle ground. He believes in fairness and justice, taking in all the facts before him. Often, Ralph will step into the middle of arguments to act as a mediator.
                                                              [TACTFUL] Some things are better said at particular times. Ralph understands this and acts accordingly, holding his tongue when he knows he should but unleashing his thoughts when the moment is right. Usually, he acts based on where his needs currently are.
                                                              [ARGUMENTATIVE] On the flip side, Ralph is a fantastic debater. When trying to get his point across, the combined use of his knowledge and charm can win him almost any ally, and he is fairly capable of ending an argument with a single sentence.
                                                              [ROMANTIC] Try as he might to avoid the truth, Ralph is a fool for love. Most of the music and art he collects depicts romance. Eventually, he wants to find someone to be with and call his own. Love means something very serious to Ralph, and he intends to show whomever he's with that he cares and loves them very much.
                                                              [SUPERFICIAL] To an extent, Ralph is more concerned with his possessions and the way people look than the things that matter. This causes him to be blind to the true nature of people, often finding himself in bad company. This is also why Ralph buys objects impulsively.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games