Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:32 pm
Still not flown by one person.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:34 pm
Nelowulf
Still not flown by one person.

As I said: a captain's not much of a captain without a crew.  

Rodyn

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:39 pm
You don't 'captain' a fighter though. So you're back to the same problem as before.

You don't command from the seat of a fighter. You act like a coward and stand on a bridge. That's what commanding is all about. Finding someone else to do the dirty work for you.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:59 pm
Bah, a capital ship is like a body. Every person is a part of it. I, as captain, would be the brain.

I wouldn't be hiding from anything. Having people willing to defend me with their lives is only part of the job, and their choice.  

Rodyn

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:56 pm
Keep that warm, fuzzy line of BS pure then. In reality, 99.9% of Generals and Admirals are loudmouth, arrogant, and commpletely ignorant, if not just plain stupid.

Why? Because they actually believe they're the smartest ones out there, and that everyone below them, no matter how 'honorable' or 'understanding' they may 'be', is precisely that. The people below them don't follow them by choice, and the commanders are the ones who know the least of what's going on.

In reality, if you are the commander, you are never the brain; rather, you're the butthole. Your sole duty isn't to think, to act, only to decide the poor fate of the saps you never gave a damn about who 'willingly' die because of your so called 'competance'.

When's the last time you heard a commander thank his command crew, the people who fed him the information to make the decision? Afterall, who cares about them, they're only the ones who tell you if you're winning, or losing, wether the sheids are holding, or failing, the time until your power goes down...

Yeah, tell me mr brain, how you're not hiding behind a multitude of people who defend your butt because it's their job, not their honor...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:26 pm
Nelowulf
Keep that warm, fuzzy line of BS pure then. In reality, 99.9% of Generals and Admirals are loudmouth, arrogant, and commpletely ignorant, if not just plain stupid.

Why? Because they actually believe they're the smartest ones out there, and that everyone below them, no matter how 'honorable' or 'understanding' they may 'be', is precisely that. The people below them don't follow them by choice, and the commanders are the ones who know the least of what's going on.

In reality, if you are the commander, you are never the brain; rather, you're the butthole. Your sole duty isn't to think, to act, only to decide the poor fate of the saps you never gave a damn about who 'willingly' die because of your so called 'competance'.

When's the last time you heard a commander thank his command crew, the people who fed him the information to make the decision? Afterall, who cares about them, they're only the ones who tell you if you're winning, or losing, wether the sheids are holding, or failing, the time until your power goes down...

Yeah, tell me mr brain, how you're not hiding behind a multitude of people who defend your butt because it's their job, not their honor...

That's quite a cynical view, whether it is true. (not that I'm doubting you)

It depends on the person, really. I would find a way to inspire people to respect my authority, not force it out of them in some way. And I would care about my crew. I'm not some Vader that would kill my crew if they so much as stepped in my way.

If we were in a combat situation, and one of my subordinates told me the odds of winning were low, I'd get us out of there. Not for my sake, but for theirs too. And even if I didn't care about those below me, they're still men and women that serve under the same banner I do. And, as far as I'm concerned, any and every able body is willing to server that banner.

There is no intelligence, nor strategy, in losing hundreds of useful personnel for no reason other than to protect your own skin.

Mock me. Chastise me. Call me a liar. I don't give a damn. That's me in a command position.  

Rodyn

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:44 pm
Although, you're still keeping the naieve view. If the subordinate was lying to you, you're still making a decision based on his knowledge, not your own.

The sole job of the admiral or general is to make a decision. his men protect him because it is their duty. All ulterior motives are merely imagined.. the true power is actually closer to the colonels and their naval equivalents. They're usually the ones devising the strategy, and their leiutenants are in fact usually the ones that actually analzye the battlefields to make up the plans and give their best opinion upon where the movements.

But back to the point at hand. An ISD is not flown by a single person.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:45 pm
So I have to choose a ship that is able to be flown by one or two people?  

Rodyn

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:54 pm
That is generally what a fighter-craft is...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:02 am
The front page doesn't say anything about that, but eh.

Fighters, huh? Those Y-Wings shown in the recent Clone Wars episode didn't look half-bad, to be honest.

Though, I'd go with either the classic X-Wing or the E-Wing.  

Rodyn

Outcast kyle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:28 pm
I think the corellian YT-200 is an excellent choice is big enough for at least 3 persons and its very maneuverable and fast.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:22 pm
You mean the 2000? with the central cockpit between the mandibles?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Outcast kyle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:54 am
thats the one I'm talking about  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:43 am
Its not as fast as the YT-2400, but I dont doubt it's more maneuverable.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:17 pm
Rodyn
Nelowulf

That's quite a cynical view, whether it is true. (not that I'm doubting you)

It depends on the person, really. I would find a way to inspire people to respect my authority, not force it out of them in some way. And I would care about my crew. I'm not some Vader that would kill my crew if they so much as stepped in my way.

If we were in a combat situation, and one of my subordinates told me the odds of winning were low, I'd get us out of there. Not for my sake, but for theirs too. And even if I didn't care about those below me, they're still men and women that serve under the same banner I do. And, as far as I'm concerned, any and every able body is willing to server that banner.

There is no intelligence, nor strategy, in losing hundreds of useful personnel for no reason other than to protect your own skin.

Mock me. Chastise me. Call me a liar. I don't give a damn. That's me in a command position.
Vader was actually a great Commander. When it came to his soldiers, he was always on the frontlines, fighting with them and he actually cared (in a sense) about them. It was his incompetent british commanders that got his wrath.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games