Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
The "What's Your Newest Project?" Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Peprika

Noob

7,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:49 pm
I'm making amigurumi anime and video game characters!~  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:25 pm
I'm making a giant plush of Abel Nightroad from Trinity Blood. He will be about 3 feet in length and have joints and fingers and all that good stuff. I've already sewn and stuffed the torso; now I just need to do his arms, legs and head! xd

As an added bonus, I may make him "pregnant" since that is an inside joke between me and my family members. sweatdrop  

Sweet Imaginary Friend

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:21 pm
My latest project....

So my friend is in highschool. She's a senior. I'm not in highschool anymore. She is doing this whol homecomming-class-battle thing. She needs costumes. She sweet talked me into it. I'm helping her make 50 costumes. So right now, i'm working on a proto-type, made in doll size.

Also, i'm learning to spin.

And i'm costuming the school play. Biggest challenge - theres these wings that come off and stay floating in the air, and then have to be on the guy and then off the guy. gonk

And, I just bought a hat making book, would like to make Phantom of the Opera outfits for when we see Phantom, and i'm working on building a stash of stuff to sell.

there simply aren't enough hours in the day.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:47 pm
My two big projects right now would have to be the cosplay I'm working on for Halloween (Reno from Final Fantasy VII), and the Christmas gifts I'm making for my friends. I borrowed some patterns for hoop skirt doll dresses from my grandmother; hopefully, with hard work, courage, and a bit of luck I can get two of them crocheted by Christmas.

Kochi, have you come up with anything for your wing design? I was thinking... maybe you could use magnets. A strong enough set would hold the wings in place while moving around, but a hard enough tug would get them loose when you needed them. Just a thought.  

Killer_Cactus23

7,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Darkmystik

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:59 pm
I just started on a single stitch 6 foot wide by 10 foot long blanket for my doctor for a Christmas present

biggests problem - getting off of the internet to get past the first color -.-  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:27 am
Killer_Cactus23
My two big projects right now would have to be the cosplay I'm working on for Halloween (Reno from Final Fantasy VII), and the Christmas gifts I'm making for my friends. I borrowed some patterns for hoop skirt doll dresses from my grandmother; hopefully, with hard work, courage, and a bit of luck I can get two of them crocheted by Christmas.

Kochi, have you come up with anything for your wing design? I was thinking... maybe you could use magnets. A strong enough set would hold the wings in place while moving around, but a hard enough tug would get them loose when you needed them. Just a thought.
Yeah, i've figured out how they're going to work... We're going to have a pair of hooks worked into the outfit, and a little bar on the wings to hold them.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Killer_Cactus23

7,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:08 pm
kochi~mochi
Killer_Cactus23

Yeah, i've figured out how they're going to work... We're going to have a pair of hooks worked into the outfit, and a little bar on the wings to hold them.

That sounds cool. Will you post pictures when you finish?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:15 pm
Totally will. And pictures of all the other stuff i'm working on.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

KnitChaos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:08 pm
I'm currently knitting a Hello Cthulhu for a friend who's expecting (she's due end of November). It's out of Sugar & Cream cotton so it's durable, droolable, and easily washable and I'm using the Hello Kitty pattern from Saradippity as a base.

Every little girl should have an "Evil Elder God" under thumb, don't you think? hehe

So far so good. When I get some WIP pics taken, I'll edit this post biggrin

I'm so excited about it. Little Trinity is going to LOVE this guy!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:45 am
KnitChaos
I'm currently knitting a Hello Cthulhu for a friend who's expecting (she's due end of November). It's out of Sugar & Cream cotton so it's durable, droolable, and easily washable and I'm using the Hello Kitty pattern from Saradippity as a base.

Every little girl should have an "Evil Elder God" under thumb, don't you think? hehe

Thats just ADORABLE! When you have it finished, i'd love to see it.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

KnitChaos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:15 pm
kochi~mochi
KnitChaos
I'm currently knitting a Hello Cthulhu for a friend who's expecting (she's due end of November)...

Thats just ADORABLE! When you have it finished, i'd love to see it.

Shouldn't be too much longer. He's also part of an "amigurumi" KAL on the Compulsive Knitting Freaks of Quasi-Gothic Persuasion Anonymous (Phew! That's a lot to type hehe) group on Ravelry. The deadline for that is Halloween.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:05 am
KnitChaos

Rulin' ya universes...

Ooh, how cute! I love cutesy Cthulhu stuff. I can't wait to see it! I'm personally useless when it comes to knitting and crocheting xD So I stick to other crafts. I wish I could knit, though.
...since 1992.

User_2629207

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:36 am
Wow. I haven't been here in a while.

Current projects that are NOT homework:
Lacey socks (my own pattern)
OSU Elf hat (knitted)
Plying silk handspun (not going well)

Current Projects that ARE homework:
Photorealistic watercolor (going very badly. I think I just ruined it)
Worth it?--one stitch to represent every death in the war in Iraq/Afghanistan. 24 feet long and < half done.
198 Countries Peace Project--50ish flags of 260 sewn down. About 65 received.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:56 am
Crochet:
-I'm making a scarf for the boyfriend that is made up of tiny black and white crocheted squares. I just have to sew them all together now. This is the first time I've tried such a thing so I hope it doesn't turn out horrid.
-handles to a crocheted bag
-another scarf made from crocheted squares (I hope it turns out looking kind of patchworky
-bright yellow and red scarf (I'm doing this all in just triple crochet as more of an escape from the other projects)
-I need to START on a slew of other scarves for some friends. I'm never getting them done before December.

Mosaic
-I have to grout this mirror I've been working on. I have all the times placed and glued down (as well as the mirror) but I haven't begun to grout it yet.

Wood craft (with gears)
-I finished staining the piece of wood that I'm going to use to make a clock. I was lazy and bought all the time pieces for the project already assembled and ready to go. I just have to drill a hole in the wood and insert the stuff really. Simple project is simple (and I am apparently lazy).  

ShinobiRedScarf

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces