Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
Robert Pattinson officially cast as Edward Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think he'll do a good job
  Yes!! Cedric love <3
  Yeah..I guess..whatever
  He can act the part, but doesn't look it
  He looks the part but can't act it
  NO!UGH, this sucks!!
View Results

Mizuki_707

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:46 pm
i h8 him h8 him h8 him as edward!!!!!!!!!!! evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil scream scream scream scream scream gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk evil evil mad mad mad mad  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:39 pm
I KNOW that other people know that Gaspard should have been picked.

But then he was to old (?) and was french....

THEY BETTER GET A GOOD JACOB!!! evil

or they will be dealing with scary fangirls egging their house.. burning_eyes  

Autmn

[TwilightRain]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:17 pm

I almost had a spaz attack when my friend told me about Edward's casting at school.
    Everyone started looking at me weird..
    ._."

Also saying: EWWW! NO WAY. Acting he's decent.. nothing special though. Looks he's, err.. alright and that's just a small alright. I could think of some way better choices.

Though I won't try to judge too harshly until I've seen the movie which I don't think they should have come out with in the first place. It ruins the whole "imagination" thing with the book.
    ; - ; I cry.

So - damn glamorous. She spits `GLITTER.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:45 pm
Omg....I'm so dissapointed. I pictured Edward much, much different then that dude. crying I pictured Edward to be..eh...clean looking. This guy (no offense to the people who like him) looks like a...dirty...umm..bum.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but he doesn't look right for the part at all.  

Maquela928

edwardlover26

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:27 am
he ha potential, so it will be interesting to see what they do and if they can make him into Edward  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:36 pm
He might be able to act the part but he is not the edward I pictured in my head, he is not even close.. he is way to off I just wish he could be better looking... maybe they will do some spicing up but if they tootally change the whole movie around I am going to be so mad!  

Kaiya-San17

Kaizoku-sensei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:04 pm
I've not seen him in anything, so I can't comment on his acting. He's kind of cute, but can he pull off Edward Cullen? I don't know...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:34 pm
Hmm, well I guess I was one of the few people who was actually happy about him being cast as Edward. I'll admit, the first pic of him is terrible and does him no justice, not a picture they should have used when announcing him as the most perfect being that is Edward.

I think the main reason everyone was so upset was that most people had alreadly made up their minds about what actors they thought would be 'perfect' for Edward so when those people weren't picked it pissed them off. Robert Pattison, despite not only being gorgeous (when clean shaven that is) is actually an amazing actor. Harry Potter isn't exactly the best example of his acting skills but if you watch 'The Haunted Airman' you'll definetely be blown away. Also, he's very Edward-like in looks in Vanity Fair hehe. There are clips of both on YouTube.

Well, I guess this comment is rather useless as the majority of us have gotten used to the fact that he is Edward and seen just about every possible picture and video of him but I just want to say that for those that are still upset about him being picked either you should at least learn to tolerate him or don't see the movie at all because no matter how good it is you're going to hate it because he's not your Edward, you're going to search out every flaw and hate it. Its what I had to do with Kirsten Stewart because goodness knows I was not happy about her being Bella but I have to tolerate it now because I don't want to hate the movie haha

SaoirseAngel

LiM3 TAFFY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:47 am
Heyyy.
He has purple eyeshadow under his eyes.
Mmm.
Robert. <33
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:23 am
SaoirseAngel
Hmm, well I guess I was one of the few people who was actually happy about him being cast as Edward. I'll admit, the first pic of him is terrible and does him no justice, not a picture they should have used when announcing him as the most perfect being that is Edward.

I think the main reason everyone was so upset was that most people had alreadly made up their minds about what actors they thought would be 'perfect' for Edward so when those people weren't picked it pissed them off. Robert Pattison, despite not only being gorgeous (when clean shaven that is) is actually an amazing actor. Harry Potter isn't exactly the best example of his acting skills but if you watch 'The Haunted Airman' you'll definetely be blown away. Also, he's very Edward-like in looks in Vanity Fair hehe. There are clips of both on YouTube.

Well, I guess this comment is rather useless as the majority of us have gotten used to the fact that he is Edward and seen just about every possible picture and video of him but I just want to say that for those that are still upset about him being picked either you should at least learn to tolerate him or don't see the movie at all because no matter how good it is you're going to hate it because he's not your Edward, you're going to search out every flaw and hate it. Its what I had to do with Kirsten Stewart because goodness knows I was not happy about her being Bella but I have to tolerate it now because I don't want to hate the movie haha

amen.  

celestialheiress

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:44 am
S P 4 R K YY
Heyyy.
He has purple eyeshadow under his eyes.
Mmm.
Robert. <33
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Who cares about Rob, Kristen Stewart is so hot in that pic!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:41 pm
I definitely do not think he is Edward. I don't even think he could act the part...
He's just not sexy or dangerous looking to me..... And they do need a better picture...  

Nyx of the Moon

DemonOnTheInside

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:30 am
When I heard who they picked as Edward I really started to cry I mean he is just so ugly. Come on everyone knows him as Cedic, I mean even the guy who plays harry would look better as edward. But then when they picked Jacob, I cryed more because he is so much hotter! even mike is hotter than edward too. they all are better than edward.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:37 am
Here's the thing.
Taylor Launther's fanbase is mostly kids who saw him in Cheaper By the Dozen and Sharkboy and Lavagirl.
Robert Pattinson has an international phenomenon movie, under his belt (Harry Potter) and he was AMAZING in Vanity Fair. His fanbase is of all ages.

And honestly, I disagree with you, DemonOnTheInside, Daniel Radcliffe is just ugly to me. And to say that Taylor Launther is hot for me would feel like saying that my little cousin is the hottest thing ever. He's a KID.

LiM3 TAFFY

Electric Circus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:35 pm
I think Robert will be amazing in Twilight. He read all 3 books..BAM! Dedication right there, it proves that he is really committed for the role.

Yeah sure he's not the best looking guy to most of you, but his looks wasn't really why Bella fell for him, it was his personality and care to her and I think Robert can really act that out well.

And besides, This is true love, not high school romance where the guy is all popular and all. So when you watch the movie, then you can judge, just not right now by his looks!

Makeup is wonders, of course that's not really how Edward is going to look anyways... I agree with Stephenie Meyer, I didn't get the whole Gaspard Ulliel thing either.  
The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff