Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quickbeamed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:04 pm
1) Seer powers aren't really regulated. You can play it how you like (within the rules, of course, I think there's an outline of what seer powers can and can't do somewhere).

2) I -believe- that souls don't linger - they go beyond the gate that the God of Death guards. So I would guess that no, it wouldn't be possible.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:06 pm
Hmm okay. o.o It'd be awesome if they could but since they can't that's okay too. n.n Thank you.  

youngshorty

Beloved Lunatic

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:06 am

I started an RP in the rogue lands that was sort of ICly being played out like the SoA were in this unofficial pride.
Now that the pride is official, and the RP is incomplete, would it be allowed for me to just copy and paste what I have for the RP so far
into the pride's lands and just finish and complete the RP there, or does it have to continue in the rogue lands?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:04 pm
This is just a guess but maaaaybe you could ask a mod in the guild to move it?

On the other hand, Manda already copy/pasted one RP into the new subforum, so I dunno. It would probably be okay as long as you let the old thread die.  

Sergeant Sargent

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:08 pm
Nevayeh
2) I -believe- that souls don't linger - they go beyond the gate that the God of Death guards. So I would guess that no, it wouldn't be possible.

Addition to this, they can linger for a short time in the god's haven but no other mortals could get there to see them. My goddess was also approved for the ability to summon the souls of the deceased away from there, but for extremely short periods and they have to be recently deceased. Once they go through the gates, they're gone through the gates.

In the God's Haven description:

"The only exception to this is if your character has recently died and is passing through to the gates. Newly-dead mortals cannot linger in this city long; an inevitable tug will pull them through the gates and to heaven (or hell). "  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:08 pm
Oh, I didn't realize there was an SOA hell. xd  

Sergeant Sargent

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:46 am
I've looked around for the answer, but can't seem to find it ;P
I've a lionness coloured/certed by Kisoni
If I was planning to have her join a pride, where would I post to get her cert changed?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:36 am
I believe they go in Meep's certing thread for now, Kairi.  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:44 am
Ooo, okay~!
Thanks Poi <333

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:19 pm
Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but:

Seer Power Question:

I know that seer powers are limited, though I am curious to know if this power would be allowed: being able to 'communicate' through sleep/dreams.

Basically say the seer SoA was separated from a friend, relative, someone, and somehow through their dreams were able to see/say very few words to that other SoA, nothing too in depth, more of like it would seem like a dream sequence to the SoA 'receiving' the image of the seer, or words of the seer. It wouldn't be powerful as such to have elongated conversations with, more of a "I miss you," "visit me here," type thing.

Was just curious. :]  

DragonsRage24

Shalom Kitty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:29 pm
Whendo SoA's Evolve?
Like from Cub, to Adolescent, etc?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:45 pm
As far as I know (note: I am a newb) SOA generally grow about every two to three months, depending on the colorist and how much time they have on their hands. At a time like this, when a lot of the colorists are overworked, it could be longer.

Basicly, just be patient. You could think of this as a blessing because you'll have more time to RP your SOA at each stage. :3  

Sergeant Sargent

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:51 pm
Ecavi
Nevayeh

Addition to this, they can linger for a short time in the god's haven but no other mortals could get there to see them. My goddess was also approved for the ability to summon the souls of the deceased away from there, but for extremely short periods and they have to be recently deceased. Once they go through the gates, they're gone through the gates.

In the God's Haven description:

"The only exception to this is if your character has recently died and is passing through to the gates. Newly-dead mortals cannot linger in this city long; an inevitable tug will pull them through the gates and to heaven (or hell). "

Adding on - This doesn't mean you can't have an insane SoA that BELIEVES he/she can see spirits. If he/she can make others believe they can (con artist, or they're insane enough they really believe they can), then hey! More power to them XD

@Princess - 2-4 months per growth. <3 Usualy 3 months when things are running smoothly, but 4 months is still within the usual period of time.

@Dragons, I could be wrong, but I think that'd be not do-able. Unless both SoAs were Seers. Someone else feel free to shoot me down for this - not 100% sure, but I THINK that only seer SoAs can have dreams with 'visions' or info of that kind, so another one comunicating to them... would mean they'd need seer abilities to er... 'hear' them in sleep? Does that make sense?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:15 pm
DFA: That makes sense, logicly speaking. I'm not sure what the offical stance is but that does sound reasonable to me. Perhaps a god/goddess might be able to speak directly to a seer in their dreams, but I'm likely wrong about that assumption.  

Sergeant Sargent

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:07 pm
I think it's a no go as well. Everytime Dusty is asked about seer clarification the answer recieved is "a seer can only see past, present, or future events. Nothing else". So... I don't think so.

A seer could see an image of their friend running around in a dream, but I don't think a seer could transmit a message to another person.

Gods have no seer abilities, so I doubt they can directly influence a seer's visions.

.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff