Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elanchana

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:05 pm
Hello...

I'm Elanchana/Ela/(insert real name here). I'm thirteen, I live in the US, I lived in France for a year, and...I've been a grammar stickler for about the past year. stare Except in Instant Messenger and chatrooms. sweatdrop

(Oh, and I'm obsessed with Phantom of the Opera. Yay!)  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:18 pm
*Waves* 'Lo. Name's Sly Mitchell. I currently inhabit a little dark space inside my mind. I've been a Grammar Nazi for about two years now, and have grammatically matured by vast considerations in that amount of time as well.
As far as I can tell so far, this is a kickass guild. Kudos.

Chanceless

Eloquent Fairy

Bria_Teragram

Pro Kitten

37,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:11 pm
I think I'm in heaven... so much literacy...
Hi! I'm Bria. I'm currently 22. I have a Bachelors in English, so being a Grammar Nazi is in my nature. I try not to correct people too often, but I find myself doing it more and more often these days. I can't stand when people purposely spell words wrong. My current pet peeve is when people type wut for what. I love writing and reading. I'm going to graduate school in the fall for my Master's in Library and Information Science.
And if you can't tell, this is a female avi and I am a female myself. So, yeah... I don't know what else to say...
I have a tendency to overuse '...'
And with that I am done.  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:32 pm
I'm that crazily-academically-inclined/slightly-nerdy/fairly-violent/outspoken/bit-unstable/manga-obsessed/LITERATE Chinese gal. WOOT! China...

Moving on, this place seems lovely! Love all these intellectuals. I can feel my IQ increasing.

I've always been a grammar Nazi. Been reading forward (darn glasses!) and have a grand vocabulary, if I do say so myself. xd

Interesting Facts:

Some of my friends spell lettuce in these variations: 'let us', 'lettus', 'lettuwe'...

It cracks me up; that episode of America's Next Top Model where they were asked to look 'aloof', and none of them knew what that meant! Not to say that they're idiots...I was just really surprised.

I had one more...but I don't recall it...

Well, I adore writing and reading. Honestly, that is all I do. In my spare time; write! draw! read! Ooh! I wrote my very second essay ever in one hour and fifteen minutes and I wrote fifteen pages! xd

And that is me.

Sol  

SolitaireAikanaro

Healing Rain

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:15 pm
*waves until she falls over*
Ouch sweatdrop
My name is Rissa and I am a 14 year old literate. Or most of the time. I have my hyper times too heart
Anyways, I live in the USA, and am very happy to be here!
I am going to be a very active member! Since this is a very active guild, it won't be hard! I hope to get 400 posts here and I am going to donate to the guild when I get some gold. Hope to see you soon!

~Rissa  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:33 pm
Greetings, my name is Corinne! I spent the majority of my time reading books, but then I chose to take Advanced Placement Language and Compostition. I now spend all my time writing papers for that class, and occasionally fence for my schools team when I actually have the time. My main pleasure in life is correcting other peoples papers and then watching the looks on their faces as they discover their paper is covered in corrections.  

cwthewolf

Aerin-Sol9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:28 pm
Greetings, I'm Aerin. This is awesome! Finally some fellow literates! This makes me so happy! I hate it when people use chat speech...It makes them seem so inferior and stupid...even if they aren't. I will definitely be quite active in this guild! whee  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:46 pm
My name's Matt and I'm fifteen.

Rockstar Fiction

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:35 pm
I'd like at least one person to notice, but we have almost 50 pages of guild members!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:14 pm
Hello individuals of the grammar guild. I am Karla, but please refer to me as Bae. I'm seventeen, eighteen on June 28th.  

Baelaza

Sola Catella

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:54 pm
Ahem. I just noticed the sticky and figured that I might as well slip by and introduce myself.

You can call me Sola or Erin (my real name). Either is fine; they both have the same amount of letters, anyway. I'm fifteen, will be a junior in high school this fall (my birthday is in September; I did not skip a grade) and am entering my third year of Latin, which perversely has made me more aware of how glorious English as a language is. I am an American, but I don't have much loyalty to any specific region as my family tends to move a lot, and I dislike the area that I am currently in and plan to get out as soon as I graduate.

I'm a most inveterate bookworm (my summer goal is to read at least one hundred books, and I'm currently on my twenty-second) and I am good enough with English to miss only three questions on both the verbal portions of my PSAT last year as well as make good grades in my literature classes. I love proofreading papers, and I am often approached for this purpose at my school because I don't go lightly on my corrections and suggestions for improvement. I also beta a story at fanfiction.net. I plan to be quite active here; my inner stickler is delirious with glee at the chance to immerse itself in a bunch of grammar lovers.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:21 am
Hi, I'm Gabby, feel free to call me that.
I tend to be short and sweet, but the nickname didn't stick for nothing, so consider yourself forwarned.  

GabbySilverwood

dark_elf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:19 am
Hello! My name is dark elf and I was invited by DarkElf27 to join, so I did! smile To prove I'm a gaia grammer person...after my post is up and I notice one little thing like, yesterday, I typed "werepire...that good", after I saw that I just had to go back and type "werepire...thats good". rolleyes
I'm 18 years old and still have some trouble spelling so pardon moi. sweatdrop I recently graduated from my wounderful high school. domokun I love to read! whee On Paradigm City and a Read Or Die form I'm known as Yomiko, and if you know ROD then you'll know a bit about her, and I'm like her. cool  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:09 pm
My name's Jacob (It's Jakub in Czech which is the origins of the screename), and I just finished up my freshman year. I love to play my cello, and I like to listen to cello-rock.

And it's definetely refreshing to be on a board where I can actually read what people are saying without having to stop and think about it every 3 words.  

Jakub132

+Kyoka-chan+

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Hello.

I'm a literate fifteen-year-old writer. I like playing on the computer, and I play the trumpet. Also, I hope that soon enough I'll be good enough to enter a DDR tournament, maybe even one this summer.

My favorite author's Micheal Crichton, and I LOVE fanfiction.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff