Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
Welcome to the Ska Guild!!!! (Introductions Here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kill my tragedy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:11 am
Name: Annie Archy
Some of my fave ska bands: Big D and the Kids Table, Streetlight Manifesto, The Aquabats, Catch-22, Reel Big Fish, Mustard Plug, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Five Iron Frenzy, and Voo Doo Glow Skulls.
Me: I live in Pa and Ohio, and I like to "culture" my friends (or the various 14-year-olds that follow me around) with ska and punk music. I don't really know what else to say... ask me a question or something.

here's my myspace. There's pictures and stuff. enjoy.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:29 pm
I just got accepted, thanks!

I'm 19, from Iceland, and usually go by Dagger to those who can't pronounce my real name (99% of the human populace). Thanks to the utter and complete cultural starvation here I didn't really learn about the term "ska" until early last year, but then I'd been loving Madness and oldschool No Doubt without knowing why.. I've always liked bigbands and brass, I played the trumpet for 6years, then I moved onto the tuba because of my deep love of.. bass. cool So I tried searching for some sample music online, came down with Mad Caddies and some german bands called Tiefenrausch and the Skatoons (they sing in german) and even a japanese ska band.. lol And skanking seems to be second nature to me.. I really look forward to learning more about the whole shebang. heart  

Beretta Grimm

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:11 pm
shiroko-chan
I just got accepted, thanks!

I'm 19, from Iceland, and usually go by Dagger to those who can't pronounce my real name (99% of the human populace). Thanks to the utter and complete cultural starvation here I didn't really learn about the term "ska" until early last year, but then I'd been loving Madness and oldschool No Doubt without knowing why.. I've always liked bigbands and brass, I played the trumpet for 6years, then I moved onto the tuba because of my deep love of.. bass. cool So I tried searching for some sample music online, came down with Mad Caddies and some german bands called Tiefenrausch and the Skatoons (they sing in german) and even a japanese ska band.. lol And skanking seems to be second nature to me.. I really look forward to learning more about the whole shebang. heart

Awesome!
By any chance was the japenesse band the Tokyo Paradise Ska Orchestra? ( or something like that)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:54 am
Apparently they're called kimuri.. I got them from some mp3 site, and I didn't really get much info on the band. *goes and looks into that now*

Edit; The Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra is hilasiously genious! xd  

Beretta Grimm

rainofashesx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:11 pm
HEY!

I'm Kathy.. I'm turning 17 in 2 days xd

I live in CT where the ska scene's pretty damn big. It has its ups and downs.. the only downside being annoying drama at shows and people going to shows just to fit in. xp

Some bands I like are the toasters, the flaming tsunamis, the skatalites, the specials, toots and the maytals, streetlight manifesto, mustard plug, catch 22, mad caddies, authority zero, and a bagillion others smile

and random little fact: I saw The Toasters live a few months ago and they threw their drumstick into the crowd and I caught it and they signed it for me. xd xd heart And I screamed I love you when there was silence and Ace screamed that he loved me too. LOL I'm such a dorkk.. that made my night though. hehe  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:52 pm
hey all! im renee (minky, mink mink, stinky minky, nay nay, etc.)

im 14 (b-days on the 7th of sept!), 10th grade

SoCal....lived here all my life .:shrug:.

im in love with save ferris, five iron frenzy, been hooked on catch 22 lately. also buck-o-nine cuz i just saw them live recently with my best friend and that was just awesome.

basically i wanted to join because i want to find more ska bands to love. i really hate the crap i was listening to before ska.....expand my ska-ish horizions so to speak.....

theres my two cents worth  

Trouble Or Nothing

Apocalyptic Exhibitionist

12,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Champion 300

LOL shutterBUG

Dapper Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:36 pm
Hey, I'm Heather.... I'm 14 and I'm a Central Florida Ska chick... Well, That's what one of my friends calls me... ^_^ That and Spongey, LONG, LONG story... Yeah well..... I've got brown hair (waist length) and I'm getting black streaks Thursday... But, uh, I'm in High School and I'm a band geek! WHOOT! Oh, And I'm learing to play guitar..

Here's my Myspace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:43 am
Yeha! Yeha! Yeha! Score!

Name: [Action] Jackson

South Florida Rudie! (Semi-beginner) Trombone player, and proud!

Streetlight Man., C-22, Reel Big Fish, The Aquabats (old crying ), Mad Caddies, Skatalites, and Swing/Jazz

cool  

[ CD Repo Man ]

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:37 pm
AquaFranz
Yeha! Yeha! Yeha! Score!

Name: [Action] Jackson

South Florida Rudie! (Semi-beginner) Trombone player, and proud!

Streetlight Man., C-22, Reel Big Fish, The Aquabats (old crying ), Mad Caddies, Skatalites, and Swing/Jazz

cool

You are only 7 1/2 years old?
That's incredible man!
I started listening to Catch22 when I was around that age ( I am 14 now)
AND
I am a trombone player for the schools jazz band ( only freshman to get in) and I am in marching band.

You sir are like, my new favorite person in ze guild.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:09 pm
hey Im Matt, 16 from the so. cal/ oc ska scene. I picked up ska in like 7th grade so that was like 5 years ago, and I love to skank to 3rd wave and trad. my favorite bands are desmond dekker, reel big fish, streetlight manifesto, Bandits of the acoustic revolution, hepcat, forces of evil....and much much more. I am a rudie because I like ska for the music and not for the trend of it and yeah. so Ill just go now

ska=unity
domokun  

skamatt

Duskalts

Dapper Duelist

16,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:46 am
n.n;; Hey! My name's Sam, from Central Florida! ((Although better known as Tweedle Dum)) 15 and obsessed with ska. Go figure.

First got addicted to ska when I heard Reel Big Fish playing, then I spazzed out and got more and more addicted to the whole genre. ((hell, that was a couple years ago now, ska anniversary coming up! heart 3nodding xd ))

Big Fan of: RBF, Operation Ivy, The Flaming Tsunamis, Streetlight Manifesto, A Billion Ernies, Aquabats, Five Iron Frenzy, Ten 13 Concept, Five Knuckle, VooDoo Glow Skulls, Minus Vince, Folly, The Specials, Mighty Mighty Bosstones...and some more.....n.n heart  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:37 pm
Duskalts
n.n;; Hey! My name's Sam, from Central Florida! ((Although better known as Tweedle Dum)) 15 and obsessed with ska. Go figure.

First got addicted to ska when I heard Reel Big Fish playing, then I spazzed out and got more and more addicted to the whole genre. ((hell, that was a couple years ago now, ska anniversary coming up! heart 3nodding xd ))

Big Fan of: RBF, Operation Ivy, The Flaming Tsunamis, Streetlight Manifesto, A Billion Ernies, Aquabats, Five Iron Frenzy, Ten 13 Concept, Five Knuckle, VooDoo Glow Skulls, Minus Vince, Folly, The Specials, Mighty Mighty Bosstones...and some more.....n.n heart
cool cool. Welcome to the ska guild.  

GIoom
Vice Captain

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:50 pm
Oh well now I feel silly. Here I am, having a jolly good time posting away, and I haven't even properly introduced myself!? Well that won't do now will it:

Name: Ariel (I don't mind being called Nyo though.)
I've been into ska since.... well since I was little and the third wave was winding down. I used to sit outside my sisters bedroom and listen to them play RBF. I went on a little tour of other musics for a few years and settled into a rocker-ness.

Then I met my friend Sean through church and he was shocked and apalled by the fact I had never been to a concert. He promptly ran through all my CD's and located my RBF (I think it was either Cheer Up or Why Do They Rock So Hard) and nodded with approval. A few weeks later he IMed me asking if I still listened to RBF (which at the time I had been listening to on my head phones. Coincidence? I think not) and saying he was going to a RBF show and said I should come. Obviously, I didn't think twice and jumped at the chance.

When we got there we stood on line and chatted wit the others. Sean was saying things I had never eard like 'ska suit' and 'do you know how to skank' (at which I was slightly insulted. Hee hee I was so sheltered) He then explained that the mysterious 'skanking' was how you dance to 'ska' music. I had no clue what ska was at the time so I just nodded and waited til we got inside. The opening bands were Littlest man band (they weren't so good when I heard them but I quite enjoy them now) and melee (who kinda sucked... they're my first (And hopefully LAST) moshing experience) and then Reel Big fish took the stage I was pushed shoved and kicked to the back where I located the skank pit (translation ALTAR OD HOLINESS AND DANCE OF THE GODS) I watched, learned and skanked.

I have loved ska since and have gotten into other bands. Unfortunately I'm still sheltered in the ways of two tone.

Ska anniversary: November 20 (date of the first concert)

thank you for reading my obxcenely long ska autobiography and please welcome me with open arms (even though I've already been posting for a while now....)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:29 pm
UreshiiNyoko
Oh well now I feel silly. Here I am, having a jolly good time posting away, and I haven't even properly introduced myself!? Well that won't do now will it:

Name: Ariel (I don't mind being called Nyo though.)
I've been into ska since.... well since I was little and the third wave was winding down. I used to sit outside my sisters bedroom and listen to them play RBF. I went on a little tour of other musics for a few years and settled into a rocker-ness.

Then I met my friend Sean through church and he was shocked and apalled by the fact I had never been to a concert. He promptly ran through all my CD's and located my RBF (I think it was either Cheer Up or Why Do They Rock So Hard) and nodded with approval. A few weeks later he IMed me asking if I still listened to RBF (which at the time I had been listening to on my head phones. Coincidence? I think not) and saying he was going to a RBF show and said I should come. Obviously, I didn't think twice and jumped at the chance.

When we got there we stood on line and chatted wit the others. Sean was saying things I had never eard like 'ska suit' and 'do you know how to skank' (at which I was slightly insulted. Hee hee I was so sheltered) He then explained that the mysterious 'skanking' was how you dance to 'ska' music. I had no clue what ska was at the time so I just nodded and waited til we got inside. The opening bands were Littlest man band (they weren't so good when I heard them but I quite enjoy them now) and melee (who kinda sucked... they're my first (And hopefully LAST) moshing experience) and then Reel Big fish took the stage I was pushed shoved and kicked to the back where I located the skank pit (translation ALTAR OD HOLINESS AND DANCE OF THE GODS) I watched, learned and skanked.

I have loved ska since and have gotten into other bands. Unfortunately I'm still sheltered in the ways of two tone.

Ska anniversary: November 20 (date of the first concert)

thank you for reading my obxcenely long ska autobiography and please welcome me with open arms (even though I've already been posting for a while now....)

surprised So there are other people who celebrate their Ska anniversary! heart *teh glomp*  

Duskalts

Dapper Duelist

16,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:51 pm
It hasn't come yet but I'm planning on having a party and using it as a vehicle to introduce all my silly indie friends to ska *plot plot* I'm going to make a cake surprised heart  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff