Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
(TOPIC CLOSED!) Low On Chakra: Has America Ruined Naruto? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the American dubbed version?
  Yes
  No
View Results

KOJI-DARTH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:49 pm
I actually like dubed tho cuz i understand stuff better and i can watch the freakin show without reading anything^_^I still watch dubed tho cuz its ahead^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:15 pm
oh my gosh!!! how can you like it? and it's better to read. You're eyesight becomes faster. I'm better at DDR because of non-dubbed versions!!

^
And my DDR skills are not to the best.

iLUFFsushi

4,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Market Browser 100

Fangorn23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:58 am
I just dont like the voice acting and some of the crappy lines they give to the poor voice actors
"three against one? I LIKE those odds!" >_O! are you on CRACK?? thats so cliche not even an academy award-winning actor could have pulled it off.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:19 am
when i first heard that naruto was coming to CN, i was happy about it. back then i was one of those new fans, and i had only read the manga in Shonen Jumps. But after i read lots of the manga online and saw the dubbed stuff...phew...@.@;

i didnt expect much from it, but i think it deserves just a little itty bitty microscopic more shred of credit than they deserved. JUST A LITTLE.

Heres my thoughts on the goods and bad....

the good:
1.) I dont get a lot of money, so i dont get to buy naruto DVDs. Ive only read the manga. Its fun to watch naruto jump to life in the anime, even if its a crappy watered down version. Since im *almost* caught up in the manga, i know the true plot, what people really say, etc...so my brain wont be poisoned.

2.) hey, at least they pronounced SOME of the names right. Like, hokage and naruto? I was expecting them to be completely botched, and pronounced wrong the whole series.

3.) >.> they actually put in some blood this time! Like when naruto stabbed his hand to get the poison out, and when kakashi sealed the curse mark on sasuke. I dont know about you, but that was a big change for me. I didnt see a SINGLE drop of blood the whole time i was watching the CN yu yu hakusho.

the bad:
1.) okay, the lines suck. I despise listening to naruto scream "BELIEVE IT!" all the damn time. and when sasuke called naruto a scaredy cat. that was a WEAK comeback. ._.

2.) Im not satisfied with a lot of the voices. narutos voice is sandpaper on my nerves. Sakura's makes me want to jump off a cliff. haku's made me want to kill something.

3.) I dont how they ruined some of the scenes. for instance, like on the first post, the little "Kissing scene." that was just...funny. What they did...was not. ._.

so all in all, its not as bad as it could be. it could be a lot worse. but i dont want to give it five stars either.  

Kexita

Shadow_Arrow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:53 am
Wow.

I have to admit, that was very well said.

I'm a fan of Naruto, and I watch the original Japanese episodes on Youtube.
I had always heard of Naruto a lot around anime fans and such, and I vaguely knew the story line.
But I have to admit, the Toonami version was what really first sparked my interest in Naruto.

Though I like Toonami, especially their original series, IGPX, I find Viz Media rather did mess up Naruto a bit.

After watching Naruto for a few weeks every Saturday, I found myself slowly losing interest in the American version and focusing even more on the Japanese version along with Manga scans.

One particular thing that bugs me about the American version is, what is up with the voices?

Seriously, have you heard Hinata's voice?
We know Hinata's shy and all that, but thats just ridiculous!

And Sakura's voice?
It's way too screechy.

And Naruto with his ,"Believe it!" line?
No. Just no.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:25 pm
All I can really say.... is that I agree....

Because mostly everyone who has posted in this thread, have taken the words right out of my mouth....(or finger-tips... which ever you prefer) wink

Reticence, that was VERY WELL PUT.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion America dubbing ANY anime is just WRONG....

Japanese Anime was meant to be heard in the ORIGINAL Japanese Language. Hence the name "ANIME" meaning Japanese Cartoons.

Well this concludes my mini rant....

- enjoy - heart  

D i G i - D E S U

E-on

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:48 am
I haven't read all the posts but the dub is okay with me. They should have done what they did with Yu Yu hakusho on cartoon network and put it on adult swim. IMO naruto is a 13 and up cartoon ..there's alot of adult themed comedy in the japanese version. Also, little kids won't understand all the terms (among other things) that are going on. If they would have put Naruto on A.S. we could see blood, naruto could curse, and well... i don't know what else...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:21 pm
I agree with the first post...

Nice title, by the way.

Low on Chakra

That sounded cool.

nanxi

Shameless Loiterer

10,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200

sabriel111

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:43 am
I've only seen the American dubbed version and I think it's really good. But I'm sure that the Japenese undubbed version is much better that's always the way it is but there's nothing "i can do about it so I deal with what comes o the TV.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:02 pm
Yeah, I haven't seen the Japanese Version either, but I read the manga so I know that they cut out a lot of things.  

zeldabcc

Vinida

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:28 am
The american series took out a lot. When I watched the original Naruto, I started to understand. The American one is too unbloody. All the good scenes have some blood in them but the American one will get rid of it. It's so sad. cry  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:36 pm
Captain Verd
Okay, I'm confused. You hate the dub, and yet you would have been happier if they had made Haku a girl?

Haco looks like agirl!!! Makes sense doesn't it?  

Uriv

Mirei-Kai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:25 pm
....I agree with you ALL THE WAY! I mean, they pronounce the names very weirdly. No gore is boring....I mean, in Naruto, must of the anime involves fighting. Yes, their's fighting. But they block out too much blood that it doesn't seem like a fight anymore. dramallama  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:07 pm
And we thought the torment was over?
Bleach is debuting on the Tele soon as well.
And Naruto continues to become worse...

I feel so...
Violated...

D:

Reticence

Disgruntled Minion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:50 am
Sonicoem
gonk crying I tried watching one episode when i was home from college on break. (only time i have access to cable) It was like a beautiful train wreck...So horrible, and yet, I couldn't look away til a commercial. I also couldn't stop laughing at their voices. I think they should at least try to get someone to sound like the original voice actors. Or is that asking too much? After that, I turned it off before my ears started bleeding. I'm glad I missed all of the editing or I would have been ticked! I refuse to watch it again now. I hate how they can't just bring something over without editing it. If it has to be altered to that point, then they shouldn't be showing it to that audience in the first place!

I crack up everytime I hear their voices cause I'm so used to the Japanese verson. I can't stand to watch it unless I want a good laugh.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff