Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Marijuana Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Legalize it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:10 pm
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:
Quote:
You and everyone else as in you and two other people.

Whats annoying is when you get attacked for having an opinion about something. Now thats very very annoying.
If you want to bring some neutral arbiters in here, I'm pretty sure the condescending tone will be as obvious to them as it is to the rest of us in here.

It's not your opinion at all, it's how you present it. It's the difference between "Hello sir, and how are you this fine evening?" and "Hey a*****e, what the ******** is your problem?" Same message, different delivery, FAR different elicited reaction.

Or perhaps not since there its just you and your friends vs. me.

My very very first statement was not angry at all. Nothing bad.
And you can feel free to prove us wrong with a neutral third party if you wish.

I never said 'angry'. I said 'condescending.' The 'hey a*****e...' was simply a demonstration of how word choice affects the message conveyed.

Since when was I friends with you and Wing? Sure we have our degrees of mutual respect but that's about it last I checked confused

You are right that the tone has been condescending, that's probably why Wing wanted the subject be dropped for now.

But seriously lets get the subject back on track.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 am
magmayoshi
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:
Quote:

Whats annoying is when you get attacked for having an opinion about something. Now thats very very annoying.
If you want to bring some neutral arbiters in here, I'm pretty sure the condescending tone will be as obvious to them as it is to the rest of us in here.

It's not your opinion at all, it's how you present it. It's the difference between "Hello sir, and how are you this fine evening?" and "Hey a*****e, what the ******** is your problem?" Same message, different delivery, FAR different elicited reaction.

I never said 'angry'. I said 'condescending.' The 'hey a*****e...' was simply a demonstration of how word choice affects the message conveyed.

Since when was I friends with you and Wing? Sure we have our degrees of mutual respect but that's about it last I checked confused

You are right that the tone has been condescending, that's probably why Wing wanted the subject be dropped for now.

Wow, really? I always kinda thought of you as a "friend". confused

Anyway, I wanted to drop the off-topic s**t, so we can get back on topic, because I'm tired of the bickering like children, about s**t that really only had VERY LOOSE ties to the subject. What was a "Pot ftw?" debate, became a "Cars are/aren't necessary" debate, among other points that, if we wish to continue arguing, we can make a thread for them.

Basically, I'm a mod, and I need to take the role seriously, and crack down on useless bickering.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:21 am
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:
Quote:

Honestly, this.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:09 pm
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius

Honestly, this.

Rather surprising, huh?  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:31 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius

Honestly, this.

Rather surprising, huh?

Really? Well it's only a bit surprising but thanks. XD
I'll start thinking of you guys sorta like friends then 3nodding I just don't like to assume is all sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:19 am
magmayoshi
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi

Honestly, this.

Rather surprising, huh?

I'll start thinking of you guys sorta like friends then 3nodding I just don't like to assume is all sweatdrop

Understandable. As the saying goes "Assumption is the mother of ********, friends then?  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:55 pm
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi

Honestly, this.

Rather surprising, huh?

Understandable. As the saying goes "Assumption is the mother of ********, friends then?

Sure, why not. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:57 pm
magmayoshi
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
Honestly, this.

Rather surprising, huh?

Sure, why not. 3nodding

Yay! Angel can has new friend! whee  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:29 am
This is getting a little hugbox-y for me now. xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:40 am
Fresnel

Do I sense jealousy? Of the box I mean, it does have stickers all over it and is a fort! The box doesn't have many hugs though, it does have a wicked armoury but you wouldn't be interested in our world conquering agenda, it doesn't have stickers.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:09 am
magmayoshi
Fresnel

Do I sense jealousy? Of the box I mean, it does have stickers all over it and is a fort! The box doesn't have many hugs though, it does have a wicked armoury but you wouldn't be interested in our world conquering agenda, it doesn't have stickers.

WE'RE TAKING OVER THE WORLD!

I'm taking Asia!  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:34 am
black_wing_angel
magmayoshi
Fresnel

WE'RE TAKING OVER THE WORLD!

I'm taking Asia!

Damn, well I'm Supreme Overlord and I get Godzilla since he migrates. That's right I get the one responsible for periodically making your economy hilarious.

I'm going to let all the current leaders settle their differences by beating each other senseless. And then tell everyone that they are a bunch of silly bastards for fighting outside of this comedy previously. Then I'd fire them all.

We must eventually create zombies to control the population and to have the most epic live video game ever.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:11 pm
Wow I disappear for a couple of days and this thread has gone to friendship hell.

So basically a summary of everything is that I have my opinions and all of you have your opinions and no body will ever win?

Sounds right.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:37 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Wow I disappear for a couple of days and this thread has gone to friendship hell.

So basically a summary of everything is that I have my opinions and all of you have your opinions and no body will ever win?

Sounds right.

Pretty much, once you get past the fact that our opinion is backed by scientific facts.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:04 am
Hydra Alpharius

Sounds right.
BUT OUR OPINIONS ARE THE RIGHT ONES.

BECAUSE.

scream  
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items