Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)
Empyrea Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:49 pm
"I've told you we resorted to bleeding, we didn't start out there. We have medicines just as you do." Maria explained calmly, "But I guess you've made your choice...we could have used your help."

She sighed, sincerely disappointed.

Just then, Munkwon, completely black and white, including his skin, walked into the room, seemingly aware of the situation. He eyed Henry, obviously expecting a reaction.

"H-hol on a second." Gregory shyly chimed in, "You're a doctor...right? Aren't you...aren't you supposed to help people, no matter the circumstance? They... they need help, but you refuse to give it to them. Would it really be so troublesome to do what you went to school for?" he was picking up confidence as he went on, "You cure this disease...you end this. Why are you being stubborn? You tell them to lay down their arms when we're out killing Crazy Santa for the Workmen. Wouldn't you prefer curing rather than killing? Shouldn't a doctor prefer curing to killing?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:58 pm
Dawn immediately brightened perceptibly. "That was him! Right there! That was the colorful person!.... But he's not anymore," she added, obviously confused, "Hey, Mister! Why aren't you colorful anymore? I liked you better before."  

Elesariin

Bashful Lunatic

Jokerman-EXE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:10 am
Ignoring Munk and the argument, Henry re-approached his original group. He put and arm around Andreas and the other around Ro, pulling them near. He signaled Arthur over with a toss of his head, so that they were huddled up and he could speak to them quietly.

"Listen, guys," he said evenly. "Ignoring Gregory's excellent point to the Doctor here, I feel like I have to say something. You know my powers," he looked around at them as he spoke, "and you know that I can tell good from bad, safe from dangerous. Guys, I really, really feel like the MADmen are the better choice here.

"Far from perfect, I know," Henry said, raising his hand to halt any argument, "but my powers have never led us wrong before. In fact, they've pretty much kept all four of us from dying up to this point. I respect each of your opinions, and I'm gonna let you finish, but it seems to me that the MADmen are the best choice."

With that, he waited for their opinions. They stayed huddled up, so that they wouldn't be heard by the others and therefore influence their opinions.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:29 pm
Before joining Henry, Arthur stated, "Yes, I help. I cure. I will not cure when it is clear that they do not expect me to cure. You look for a cure through strength of arms. I look for a cure through science. I sincerely doubt you will reconcile our views. And killing out of self-defense... well, I shouldn't even have to say anything about that."

Arthur shook his head. "I'm afraid I have to prefer death, if that be what it is. Whether or not they're a wise choice, they are not a correct choice." Arthur stepped away, shaking his head. Another fallen.  

SirBayer

Venom3001

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:03 pm
"I..." Andreas hesitated. This wasn't right. They were MADmen. Their insanity was in their names, their initials. They wore it like a badge of honor. But... Henry was reliable. His TK hadn't failed them yet. It couldn't hurt to look, could it? "I'll go." But if they know what I'm thinking, I won't see the whole truth if it's as sordid as the Workmen believe. "You haven't led us astray yet, Henry. I'll put my trust in your TK."

--

Mason, meanwhile, had decided to make a bad pun. "Lay down our arms, you say? Well, certainly."

THWAMMM!!!!

His stone arm disconnected just below the shoulder, a stone nub remaining.

"Whoops." He smirked sardonically as he pulled the cloak's sleeveless shoulder area back and lowered his torso to the arm, the stone flowing into itself as he stood up again.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:00 pm
Munkwon scoffed at Arthur, "Do you not listen, boy?!" he said, throwing his hands in the air, "We want a cure, through science. We don't have that, not much of it, anyway. (How can you have science, anyway? Such an intangible thing and yet people claim to "have" it). Nonetheless, the point is we need you to "get" that science."

He narrowed his gaze and leaned towards Arthur, placing his face very close to his, "You would prefer death, would you?" his voice suddenly terribly cold,

"Tell me, what is of more value to you, the lives of thousands or your pathetic, putrid, excuse at a human life? If you chose to maintain your absurd stubbornness and choose your life, your "morals" over the lives of thousands, so be it. You're nothing more than a monster."

"He's right." Gregory joined in, "You're no doctor. Or your a poor, immoral one at best, putting your interests before the lives of thousands. You could help...help stop this, help find a cure, through science, and save countless lives. But you choose not to, you choose to prolong the process and cost even more lives."

"Maybe...maybe Henry has a point, Gregory, too." Ro said quietly, "But...I'm still not sure. I think I might stay. They've yet to wrong me."  

NativeForeigner

Venom3001

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:04 pm
"I don't see any harm in at least checking them out. They seem legit to me," Andreas lied. "Also, I'm none too happy about having just killed Santa, now that I'm, y'know, thinking about it," he added.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:11 pm
"You don't understand much about them, do you?" Arthur snapped. "They admitted that they used the disease as a weapon. Do you understand what that means? Do you understand what that makes them?" Arthur's voice rose. "I am no monster. I have made my offer, and they have refused. There is a circle in hell, reserved for those genocidal maniacs who dared to use disease as a weapon. May you burn forever. Those who die die not on my hands but on theirs. On yours. I can do nothing for those who would not cooperate with me.

"And stop contradicting yourselves. You have medicine like mine, but you have no science... hmph. Liars to the core, I see."  

SirBayer

SiberDrac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:00 pm
Jesse was seeing circles. More accurately, he was hearing them. Not skilled in the art of rhetoric, this didn't matter to him. Instead, he sat back and pouted while Chris took the opportunity to complain about the uselessness of the arguments being tossed back and forth.

"It's like a couple kids with a beachball. 'You don't know what you're talking about!' 'No you don't know what you're talking about!' 'No you!' 'No you!' I mean, come on."

"Well, there's certainly no reasoning with them now,"
Alex admitted. Jesse kept them near Ton'yell and watched Munkwon and Mason with interest, having little to do but silently adulate the Workman.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:09 am
Henry smiled slightly at the turn of events. Losing Ro was not the best thing, but even then, Ro was still on the fence. Additionally, Andreas was coming - which was good, since Henry hated him significantly less than the others. And, like a cherry on a sundae, Arthur was staying behind to get killed.

God, how Henry hated that guy.

All that was left now was to see how everyone decided. Henry would work on Ro some other time; it wasn't like they would never see each other again. In the meantime -

Henry saw a quick movement in a dark corner of the stage. Curious, and not feeling any twinges in his TK, he advanced, thinking he saw something black and white...  

Jokerman-EXE

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:49 pm
"We have science, boy, do you not listen? We have Matthias, he's one of the few sane (at least relatively) scientists we have left." Munkwon continued before righting his posture and turning up his nose. But, do as you will, you've made your decision, you've condemned yourself to be responsible for the lost lives of countless innocents. It is you who would not cooperate, Dr., I'm sorry, Mr. Dramsten." Munkwon began to pace around the room, projecting his voice as he did so.

"They say history is written by the victors, Mr. Dramsten, and it would seem that their will be no victor to this war, (seeing as such, history's soon to end). We are no liars, Mr. Dramsten, we really could have used your help, but you choose to refuse. We won't give up, however, we will do our best to seek out an actual doctor. But our chances are slim.

You have made your decision, and you will regret it with time, specifically when you realize the terror you have wrought by refusing to help end this.

We must leave soon, therefore I bid you adieu only a little early, I have nothing more to say to you."

As he concluded his little speech, he joined Maria and Martin.

Ro sighed heavily, "I'm staying." he announced, "I might change my mind later, but as it stands, I trust the Workmen more."

In reality, Henry saw nothing.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:45 pm
Ton'yell sighed. "Can we go and do something productive now please?" All the bickering was getting annoying.  

Isa-sama

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:17 pm
"We're going." Munkwon announced coolly, turning to head out of the theater. Gregory and the other Dukes turned to join. Henry and Andreas began to walk after.

"We're not done here." Carpenter intervened, "We won't let you corrupt them."

Mason moved to block their way out of the theater, cracking his knuckles.

"What happened to "neutral ground"?" Maria scoffed. The three MADmen seemed largely confident in themselves as they stood their ground. Carpenter and Shepard moved to join Mason's side.

"Anyone coming with us head to the room we just left, we'll meet you there." Carpenter instructed everyone who had made their decision to come with them, "If we're not there in a bit, go through the door labeled 4, you'll meet Hunter there, cool guy. Ro, you can help. Dawn, protect them."

Ro began to turn to face the situation but was stopped by Henry putting his arm around his shoulders.

"Do it, Henry." Munkwon instructed.

Henry grinned savagely and pulled back his fist. Before Ro, trapped by Henry's arm, could react, Henry's fist connected with his temple quite solidly, knocking him out.

Henry turned to face down Arthur. Henry smiled evilly and said, "Sorry Doc...this might pinch a bit." before lifting his leg and dropping it in a cruel axe kick down towards Arthur's head.

Without waiting for the others to evacuate, Carpenter quickly maneuvered behind Munk, moving with incredible speed, though, upon inspection of Carpenter's body signals, he seemed to be rather relaxed with his movements.
He connected with a quick cross to the back of Munk's head, causing him to recoil and grip his hat to keep it on. He righted himself with a smirk, "You'll regret that, boy." he said rather casually, turning to face his assailant.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:21 pm
Dawn watched the unfolding events with wide, fascinated eyes. After a second or two of staring at the unconscious Ro, she turned to Ton'yell and Jesse. "Um... Everyone not in the fight please follow me," she told them in her bright, clear voice. After shooting a rather anxious look back at Carpenter-- hadn't he said something about NOT fighting the MADmen head on?-- she grabbed Ton'yell's wrist and started pulling her out of the ballroom. "You'll like Hunter," she told the woman chattily, probably to cover up for her confusion, "He's nice. Well... Shepard says that he's shy, and I guess he is sorta quiet... You'll see. He's nice."  

Elesariin

Bashful Lunatic

Venom3001

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:50 pm
"Oh, it's on, boys," Mason drawled, unhooking his mallet from his belt. He slammed his huge fist against a wall, cracking the masonry, and pulling a chunk of falling rock from the wall. "Now sit down before you hurt yourself, you top-hat-wearing psychos." He threw the stone into the air and slammed it with the mallet. Waves of green energy swirled around it as it flew at Maria's torso, morphing into the form of a spinning spike as it flew.  
11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff