Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:32 pm
who wants to help me write a manga about a mass rider systems.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:38 pm
I think it would depend on how the system is designed. I mean, there's probably quite a lot of depth in character development when all of the systems look and function the same. making the things that set them apart is how they act. (and then finding a way to differentiate yourself from anyone who might be using the same system for selfish or evil reasons.  

Katsumi Daido

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:01 pm
Katsumi Daido
I think it would depend on how the system is designed. I mean, there's probably quite a lot of depth in character development when all of the systems look and function the same. making the things that set them apart is how they act. (and then finding a way to differentiate yourself from anyone who might be using the same system for selfish or evil reasons.

yes exactly that's how we will do it but we need someone to draw I know a friend of my bro but he may want money plus if he did it we would have to do it as a webmanga or webcomic, and we need to ask our self did we make it a police force or a company thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:23 am
There are pros and cons to both.
if it were the police force, then the government is in control of it, but that doesn't mean that all users are cops, just the majority. (as systems tend to get, lost and/or hijacked.)
If it were a company it would have to be working in conjunction with the police otherwise the police would very commonly seize control of it as a possible dangerous weapon that could be used against the government. a proactive approach.

I think the wisest approach would be to use a mass produced system by an external company that has been funded by the government to create systems for the police and military force for anti terrorist and other forms of danger that the normal police and military weaponry cannot deal with. Then create some more difficulty by having either the external company having a few hidden goals or agendas, or a few members within the company (CEOs or developers most likely) That or corrupt police/special ops forces team that has different goals than the general collective of users.

Then there'd probably need to be at least one main character (or a very small team of probably 5 or less) It could be a number of different ways to approach this, as an individual it could be someone in the military thats an underdog in the system while still having earned one of the systems. It could also work as an extra that wasn't given the system but found one and repaired it. They could also be a member of the developers team that fights against the companie's darker goals, and thusly been labeled a rogue thusly fighting the military and police force as well. (though this would only work best if the identity of the main user(s) were kept mysterious from the other users. (the others being ones that would be ensuring that they keep a positive public face.  

Katsumi Daido

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:31 am
sounds like you took a lot into account so do we make our main character (or small team) fight, if we go the rogue in the system way we could make them fight the other mass riders but if we go with the few hidden goals or agendas we make it where the company was making bio fighters that don't need the belt to fight and our hero ends up fighting the bio fighters and the company and that way the hero can still fight some riders. Ok lets talk about partners to the hero yes or no?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:27 pm
Partners would really depend on who the story is following.

If they're the rogues in the system, then they might already know how to do maintenance work on their systems for repairs.
If the CEO's are working on their own plans beyond supporting the police, then that would enable two large organizations that may not necessarily be working together aside from superficially. and leave a small individual or group to try and overthrow both.

There should be something about what these riders are fighting. What was the need to develop the system? What about the company that developed the belts? what were they doing before that made them the best at creating this? What does the general public think? (like, if it's used for good then no one would complain, but when has something remained good only without being stolen? or reverse engineered?)  

Katsumi Daido

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:37 am
good point so we have to think about that one a little brainstorm till something sounds good  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:06 pm
If you wanted to work on that Company working on biomen that don't need a suit to fight. then you could have them be the kaijin for the story.
Which if they were a company that had a genetic engineering (for, purely health benefits on unborn children of course) side to it, and another for cybernetic enhancements (for, disabled people of course) would fit. That'd allow for the company to both be the enemy, have the public face of being helpful, and any non biomen who use suits that aren't in the police force/military, then there'd be the police force/military that was associated with the company. allowing for both rider on rider fights, and rider on kiajin fights.

A big thing is what the main character is going to be. There are advantages to having him being a cop that's fighting for justice in secrecy and also fighting for justice with the rest of the police force. Because then there's a much greater component to interactions with any corrupt cops, and any instances where the higher ups might give an order that they're forced to follow.

If he's in the company then if he were a developer he could have a few differences to his system that aren't visual to give him an edge if he were fighting multiple other systems. that would also allow him to get insight on what the company is also doing aside from making the rider systems. But then there's asking why he doesn't know about the biomen yet. or if it's a small team if the entire team all are connected to the company or only one or two?

And if he's a rogue what's caused him to take up the mantle of a hero? How'd he get the system? was he a thief that just happened to get one and decided to become a hero? And if he stole it, what stops others from stealing them as well creating yet another faction to consider?

(Just remember that these are the same person, just two different accounts for two different cosplay mules)  

Kiriyama Ren

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:26 pm
hmm there is a lot of thing to take into account I wish someone else would put in some input get more then two people insight.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:12 pm
Maybe make a thread and I'll just move my posts. (IE:copy paste)
It seems like a good idea as this is a rather complex thing, and having it within another thread might limit the viewers.

You could also definitely get a higher amount of input if people know that it could actually be made. There's a lot of people that think up fanfics, this being a complete story that's got the real potential to be a finished product.  

Katsumi Daido

Agito Geist
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:31 pm
The police force thing sounds like a great idea, that way the People would have all this trust and faith in the police force who protect them from kaijin. When in reality they are the ones creating and releasing the monsters out into the city as "test runs" in their experiments to create these biomen and perfect the bugs in the system. then when one of these police force Riders discovers this plan and decides to blow the lid on the scheme, the Police can use their power and connections to make him a wanted man. leaving only a few number of ppl who actually willing to help him.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:43 pm
Agito Geist
The police force thing sounds like a great idea, that way the People would have all this trust and faith in the police force who protect them from kaijin. When in reality they are the ones creating and releasing the monsters out into the city as "test runs" in their experiments to create these biomen and perfect the bugs in the system. then when one of these police force Riders discovers this plan and decides to blow the lid on the scheme, the Police can use their power and connections to make him a wanted man. leaving only a few number of ppl who actually willing to help him.

d-did you just fix the problem we were having with that?  

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

Katsumi Daido

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 am
Kamen Rider G
Agito Geist

d-did you just fix the problem we were having with that?
I don't think it was a problem. Brainstorming is a great way to come up with the best plan and course of action. And it allows for a little bit fo forethought into additional riders being added in later.

I sort of feel like our main character becoming a wanted man is, maybe not the best of plans as it could affect certain things that could or couldn't be written. Maybe if that part happens later. Such as, an early part of the series would be him accruing evidence while still working for the Police.
Later on (partway through) when he has enough information the police/company, which already knew that someone was getting their hands on the information. That would allow for a more investigative approach early on. I think that might possibly be a better approach as it allows him to pick up allies before he becomes a wanted criminal.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:00 am
I like it, it just keeps coming together more and more but we aren't at the point of naming things yet  

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:13 pm
ok I'm going to make a new forum for talking about doing a the webcomic and ideas for it I also know where we can post it for free at lest I think so

http://www.drunkduck.com/  
Kamen Rider heroes of the world

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces