Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Proposal for using guild treasure-WE HAVE AN UPDATE!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How can we write this up...
...so he will actually do if for us?
100%
 100%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 63

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:49 am
Kenocka
mamarita
Thanks for your input- that is exactly what I was saying- and hoping that Pan will read it. He does stop by and read what we are posting. I will send him a PM and see if a chatroom would be a good idea to him so we can talk to him directly about all of these ideas!

Maybe a short bulleted list of what we want followed by an equally brief explanation of its uses would be a good idea? Keep it between ten and twenty bullets and put it in two to three posts if you have to get wordy.
I sent him the proposal via PM-= that is posted on another announcement here on the guild. He has the brief description of what we want, he just needs clarification and we need to help work out logistics.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:51 am
Pilotslover
I wouldn't be able to attend ... these things always get held at really UK unfriendly times!

Oh well, as long as I get something along the lines of blitz cleaning I'm happy.
Sorry PL- Panagrammic is on the West Coast of the USA and therefore 8 hours behind you in time. If we could arrange an early morning for him- that would be 9am his time, 12 noon EST and 5pm your time, would that work for you?  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:52 am
mamarita
Pilotslover
I wouldn't be able to attend ... these things always get held at really UK unfriendly times!

Oh well, as long as I get something along the lines of blitz cleaning I'm happy.
Sorry PL- Panagrammic is on the West Coast of the USA and therefore 8 hours behind you in time. If we could arrange an early morning for him- that would be 9am his time, 12 noon EST and 5pm your time, would that work for you?

Nah, my online window is 19:30 - 21:00.

(Is posting at work ... XD)

It's fine, I'll just jot down some questions and get you guys to grill him for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:58 am
Pilotslover
mamarita
Pilotslover

Nah, my online window is 19:30 - 21:00.

(Is posting at work ... XD)

It's fine, I'll just jot down some questions and get you guys to grill him for me.
ok  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

OneOfLittleHarmony

Assimilated Millionaire

12,275 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:13 am
Pilotslover
OneOfLittleHarmony

Yes, but in a guild the Captain is supposed to be like Louis the XIV and running around screaming "L'ÉTAT, C'EST MOI!!!!!!!!!!! (I AM THE STATE!!!!!!!!!!!)" i.e. they have absolute power and responsibility.

Yes and look how THAT went! wink (Totally not thinking of Bioshock right now ... much, that went the same way!)

I see no good reason why two people shouldn't be required to finalise all activity with the guild funds; the captain makes the 'trade' so to speak whilst their second in command oversees it.

iMito - That's what I took it as too. It's a way to stopping problem people without closing the whole guild off to outside members.

And what about people who buy and sell guilds for profit? Would they have to have a mule for all activities? What if the owner and "second-in-command" disagree? Would the owner just have to make a mule second in command? Two people is silly as you can easily just get a mule and call it the end of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:39 am
OneOfLittleHarmony

And what about people who buy and sell guilds for profit? Would they have to have a mule for all activities? What if the owner and "second-in-command" disagree? Would the owner just have to make a mule second in command? Two people is silly as you can easily just get a mule and call it the end of it.

I personally don't like the idea of a single person having full and complete control over the gold that people have donated to a Guild hence why I like the idea of having a second to sign off on all outgoing gold activity.

If the owner WANTS to make a mule to do that then that's their right but I'm sure members of the guild would question that if say gold went missing from the collective pot with suspicious frequency (Hell, I would!).

I'm curious as to how someone makes a profit buying and selling a guild, would you kindly explain how it works? I haven't heard of that being a good way of making gold.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

OneOfLittleHarmony

Assimilated Millionaire

12,275 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:02 pm
Pilotslover
OneOfLittleHarmony

I personally don't like the idea of a single person having full and complete control over the gold that people have donated to a Guild hence why I like the idea of having a second to sign off on all outgoing gold activity.

If the owner WANTS to make a mule to do that then that's their right but I'm sure members of the guild would question that if say gold went missing from the collective pot with suspicious frequency (Hell, I would!).

I'm curious as to how someone makes a profit buying and selling a guild, would you kindly explain how it works? I haven't heard of that being a good way of making gold.

O_o; You buy guilds for low prices and sell them for higher. Check out how many guilds I have, I haz inventory for everyone! You can charge more for some guilds, less for others. For example I have a guild that I could probably sell for 300k because it's like the 10th oldest guild in existence.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:24 am
OneOfLittleHarmony

O_o; You buy guilds for low prices and sell them for higher. Check out how many guilds I have, I haz inventory for everyone! You can charge more for some guilds, less for others. For example I have a guild that I could probably sell for 300k because it's like the 10th oldest guild in existence.

Please explain why someone would WANT to buy a guild for that much when they can just make a new one? I can't see why anyone would want someone's old guild especially now that 20k is so easy to make.

Not something I'd do, I can't understand the logic of it I'm afraid. sweatdrop  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

OneOfLittleHarmony

Assimilated Millionaire

12,275 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:07 pm
Pilotslover
OneOfLittleHarmony

Please explain why someone would WANT to buy a guild for that much when they can just make a new one? I can't see why anyone would want someone's old guild especially now that 20k is so easy to make.

Not something I'd do, I can't understand the logic of it I'm afraid. sweatdrop

O_o; Most guild sales are for 8-19k.

Guild age is a factor in listings, previously when guilds were listed the order was by guild ID, e.g. oldest guilds first. Also, some people like small numbers.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:23 am
OneOfLittleHarmony

O_o; Most guild sales are for 8-19k.

Guild age is a factor in listings, previously when guilds were listed the order was by guild ID, e.g. oldest guilds first. Also, some people like small numbers.

You listed the price of 300k in your example.

And there's why I don't understand, the listing position of my guild has NEVER been important to me.

I'd just buy a new guild, utilising one of Gaia's needed gold sinks in the process.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:19 pm
PAN WILL DO A GUILD CHAT AT 7PM EST ON WEDNESDAY JUNE 22 SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:31 am
Cho Wan HalHabbet
I really like the guild banner idea. What if we could run banners within Towns, ZOMG or any of the other interactive features on gaia.

I would also love to be able to "build" a guild. Buy rooms, floors, wings, etc and have an actual virtual neighborhood comprised of allied and associated guilds.

I love this idea.  

Judge Magistrate IV

Poyudi Hytori

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:05 am
As a long time Gaian and Guild user I like a lot of the ideas talked about here. I have somethings to add to this though. Actually just Four ideas I had that I didn't see talked about here. (Although I only read pages 9, 10, and 11.)

My first thing is about the guild customization. I would like to see where we can chose the background color of posts/threads/forums/etc and the boarder color. I think it would also be neat if we could upload out own Icons for the symbols used to tell the threads apart (Normal/Sticky/Announcement/locked/popular/etc.) and for the emotes as well. Having a background also sounds like a nice idea for the guilds. However if we get to chose the background color we should also get to pick the default text color for posts. I know I would make my guild's color black, and being able to change the default text to white would be a neat look to the guild. (And make it easier to read against a black background.)

Second, I have a lot to say about guild ranks, you guys talked about this, but I have a lot of ideas for it.

• To be able to make new ranks and control what people of that rank can do. (What Crew powers they can use, what Forums/sub-forums they can post in or make new threads in, if they can post in stickys/announcements, what forums/sub-forums they can use different crew powers in.)

• To have an auto-promote system so that people can set it up to promote people when they hit a certain post count or meet some other type of goal. (I know many people who'd love this.)

• To have a person's rank show up under their username when they post within the guild. And to be able have the rank show up as different colors. (Such as if I wanted to make Crew Ranks show up as Green so people know to listen to them.)

• To be able to temporarily Demote people as a punishment with having them be auto-promoted after a certain amount of time has past.

• To be able to Freeze a person's rank so they can't auto-promote.

• You can set it up so that it costs Gold to make a new Rank in the guild, or to change what a person of a rank can do. Using the Guild Shop Idea you can make it so people have to buy the ability to do this in the first place so that people have a choice if they want this or not.

Third, I'd like to see a Report system added. The following is quoted from my Petition thread.

Quote:
3. Warning system

I know I've seen people ask for this before. The idea is simple, to be able to more easily enforce guild rules, by adding a button to posts that would allow crew members to give a warning for breaking a rule, a warning that anyone on the crew or higher could view as a reference, or the captain could review and even remove if needed. To make it easier to keep track of who broke want rules, and so that crew members can detect faster if a person has been warned multiple times.

4. Report Post(s)/Thread(s)

We're not asking to be able to report rule breakers to mods, we're asking for a simple way for guild members to tell crew members when someone has broken a rule. This idea would be for this to added along with the last one on this list, and to be used with it.

It would be nice however if, once a crew member reviews the complaint, that if it breaks a major gaia rule, to be able to send the complaint with notes to a mod. But this can just as easily be done through PMs.

And the forth Idea is Guild Badges/Achievements. Again, Quoted from my Thread.

Quote:

2. Guild Badges

I think it would be neat for a guild to be able to make badges and award them to guild members. Some badges could be set to auto-award a certain post count, a donation amount, how many reply's a thread they begin gets, posting on a certain day, and other such things. Then have other badges that are awarded manually by the guild captain and/or crew. Such as getting a badge for being a part of a certain event, winning different contests, etc...

I think that covers it for me. I wanted to post this before the meeting happened today, and so that Pan would be able to easily read it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:27 pm
I just want the Guilds to POP again. Some way of non arty people making banners, notifications, subscriptions, easier ways of holding contests, maybe the old plan of guild houses in towns being implemented, guild only hangouts, guild only chats, automatic guild groupings in the IM and in Zomg...

Just anything to make my poor guild live agian... sad  

Nights-Rune

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash