Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Antechamber/Great Hall Entrance Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:10 pm
I d i s a p p r o v e of what you say....

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

╚══════════════════════════╝

✖✖- - -Sighing contentedly, Kas relished in the warmth of the antechamber as he entered it. If he had had this kind of warmth down in the boats, it would have definitely made everything easier for him and Cat. Warming charms in the boat? Maybe he would suggest it later on.

Cat. And David.

Turning to look behind him, he frowned. Had they seen him earlier? Back to his old self, the redhead ran a hand through his strikingly red locks. Staring at his hands, he took in their normal, cream hue and noted the absence of the blue fingertips, and the numbing, and the prickling. Quite sure he looked more than much better than how he was before, he thought back to the two of the people he sat with, wondering if they were still arguing and what he could possibly do to mend that.

Still wondering, Kas walked into the antechamber that way, looking perfectly fine, graceful and more than a bit distracted. Waving absently to the ghost- - - they weren't new to him, after all he was instructed by one- - - he caught up enough to hear the last part of the speech. Mulling a few things that had popped up at the sight of the professor in his head, he settled in to wait until the announced the Sorting.

.... but I will d e f e n d to my D E A T H your right to say it.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Piera Touko

Sukoshi Doku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:19 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: First Year
Wearing: school uniform in plain black

So Catharine saw something too.

David was watching Kas and noticed his coloring looked better. Was it the warmth or something else? He furrowed his brow slightly as he barely listened to the lecture about houses, he knew about the sorting from his mother and his family. He noticed the ghost which greeted the students which gave him a bit of a start as he had never actually seen a ghost before but he had more important things on his mind.

He looked about the crowd for Catharine hoping to speak to her. He was worried about their friend Kas. Was he mixed up with something? They had obviously both seen something. He noted wryly that worry for a friend had eliminated any of his worry about even being sorted into Slytherin. At that moment he didn't care, he was worried about his friend Kas.

StudiousDemoness
Greycast

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:12 pm
User Image

Catharine reminded herself not for the first time, that she needed to exercise more. The almost never seeming steps up and into the Castle had been so tiring that by the time they had entered the Antechamber she was still a touch out of breath. Leaning against a wall near the door, she tried to catch her breath while looking around. The room itself was comfortable. It was far warmer than the boats, the shore, and the boathouse (even putting them together).

Glancing around she realized that this would be last time she'd a be a guest at the school for the next 7 years. In those years, she'd be a student. A student with a House, she thought listening to the Deputy Headmaster. The points bit she really didn't care about it. What did the points do anyway? Did it give her house an awesome party or was it just a pride thing. She supposed she should be more interested in what House she'd be placed in, but honestly she hadn't truly cared before and she was certain that she wouldn't care after. Though that had been the same response she had before hearing of her father's surname. Now she took a bit of pride in the Blanche name and the magic that was tied with it. She'd never openly admit it though.

The true reason for her lack of care was actually standing the mass of others. Kas, what was going on with him. She hadn't seen him yet, but she was sure now that he had taken something. Maybe it was nothing. A small thing to drink to warm him up or maybe a it was a sort of magical energy drink. She was pretty sure it wasn't anything dangerous, since Kas didn't seem like a fool. Still... Not finding Kas, she searched out David and oddly enough found him looking the crowd. She felt like chuckling, though in truth she figured it was because they were both worried. Leaving off her position near the wall, she headed over to him.

"I hope you looking for me because it'd be awkward otherwise...Anyway, she said hurrying past that, she glanced away for a bit scanning the group to see if Kas was nearby, "Um, did you witness the bit aback at the boathouse? It look like he had something, but I couldn't be sure. You were closer."

[{o.o.C }]

mc2
Greycast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:22 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Good we can discuss the issue.

"Yeah... I was hoping to see you," David said, deciding to ignore their spat and focus on Kas. He quietly said to her, "Judging by the little bit of light that I saw reflected I would say glass or crystal... some kind of vile with something in it."

David glanced over at Kas who was looking a lot... well healthier... "He looks healthier but that could just be the warmth of the castle." David turned his brown eyes back to Catharine to avoid looking as if he was studying Kas or arising suspicion. He added louder to throw off anybody who might be watching you with a laugh that though fake sounded awfully believable, "I'm sure you're relieved about the warmth here."

He placed a hand on her upper arm and squeezed gently and nodded towards Kas and looked pointedly back at her as if to ask what she thought they should do to solve the mystery.

StudiousDemoness
Greycast

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:31 pm
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

————————υиѕσятє∂
    ————————♡ ♡you're rightнαℓf-вℓσσ∂
    User Image
    .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Piera Tucker .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

oooPiera tried to keep up with everyone else on the steps, but there were quite a lot of them. She didn't lag too far behind and she still had a smile on her face when they reached the top, though her cheeks and nose were bright red.

She looked expectantly up at the Deputy Headmaster, though she could only see his head. As soon as the rest of the first years had caught up, he welcomed them all to Hogwarts before explaining a bit about the houses and how they would become your family. It made her only more curious. But then the Professor left, leaving her to wonder as they waited to be called in.

Turning around to look at those around her, Piera couldn't see David or Kas anywhere and so decided to talk to someone new. She was about to introduce herself to a blonde girl nearby when she saw...a ghost. A real live, or rather dead, ghost! The pigtailed girl's mouth dropped open and stayed that way as she stared in wonder at Gwen Tudor.

σut σf crαck?!ooGhosties~

ωhεɾε Black Lake shore. ooooo ωσи∂єяιиg I wonder what the different houses are like. ooooo ωเtђ First Year Group, Gwen Tudor and Elsie Vass.

The Forgotten Weasley

hjcoffman2881

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:31 pm
    User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Lake -> Boathouse -> Antechamber

Leonette had now met a total of six different classmates Elsie, Echo, Tanya, David, Claire, and Catharine. She felt good about the majority of them and it showed as she took the ride across the lake. Leonette felt that she'd picked a good group to seat with. She could definitely see them being her friends as the school year went by. Now waiting in the antechamber Leonette was swaying back and forth on her feet. This was the first time that she actually took to being impatient.

Leonette's attention was then stolen by a ghost apparently named Gwen Tudoar. "Hello." she said waving to Gwen. She was certainly a friendly ghost then again she'd never meet a ghost before. "It’s almost time." Leonette said in anticipation.

With: First years...

Wearing: Plan Black Robes

OOC: It's fine by me.

User Image
    Gwen the Finch

The Forgotten Weasley
    Yukina101
    Cara MiaKitty

murruelecreuset
    Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
    • Bunny Spotter 50
    • Waffles! 25
    • Team Jacob 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
    • Conversationalist 100
    • Contributor 150
    • Peoplewatcher 100
    PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:43 pm

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -Seeing Piera, Kas turned to walk towards her. They hadn't really had the time to get to know one another on the boats, so he figured he could continue now. Seeing the look of surprise on her face, Kas hid a smile as he approached her from behind.

"You'll catch something if you stay that way, Piera," he said softly, still covering his smile with his hand. Looking around, he spotted another girl talking to the ghost, and a blonde girl nearby. Recalling his and Cat's and David's conversation in the boat, he remembered what her name was. Leonette, he thought, and the other girl seemed alright as well. It would be nice to make some more new acquaintances, and the ghost didn't seem as demanding as Donovaugh, he thought.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Piera Touko

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:55 pm
      _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

————————υиѕσятє∂
      User Image
      .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Piera Tucker .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

oooPiera's mouth snapped shut with a muffle 'click' as her head turned to see Kas staring at her with his hand over his mouth. She would've blushed in embarrassment if her cheeks hadn't already been flush from the new found warmth of the Antechamber.

"S-Sorry... I've just, I've never seen a ghost before! I mean you always hear stories and wonder, but... to see it in person is definitely something else." The pigtailed girl explained, a grin already back on her face as she shyly glanced at Gwen Tudor before looking back at Kas.

ωhεɾε Black Lake shore. ooooo ωσи∂єяιиg I wonder what the different houses are like. ooooo ωเtђ Gwen Tudor, Elsie Vass and Kas.

Greycast

hjcoffman2881

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
      • Forum Regular 100
      • Dressed Up 200
      • Friendly 100

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
      • Member 100
      • Battle: Mage 100
      • Wall Street 200
      PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:18 pm
      User Image

Subtle like a brink through the window, she thought, but she decided to play along. It was nice that David was letting his guard down, even if it was only for Kas's sake. It made her feel, well needed. Pushing the feelings aside she thought about the issue at hand while she said, "Yeah, I'm glad to be indoors. Much warmer than your cloak, which... Oh, ruddy hell Look I'm sorry for how I acted earlier."

Now that was off her chest she found a touch easier to breath in away. No longer was it just hanging there waiting for wrong word to spark something. Plus it cleared her mind of anxiety. She didn't worry about the sorting or let her concern for Kas weigh her down now. The sorting would come and go and they'd figure out the Kas issue. Though they couldn't right up confront Kas. This wasn't the place with everyone crushing around them. A conversation about secretly taking a potion or draft wouldn't be hidden in the middle of their excited classmates. Perhaps if they were still on the boat, but they weren't. She also didn't know if it was anything to worry about. Kas had been looking off a bit in the boat, with the twitching hands and all. Though it could have been the cold off the lake or nerves about the sorting. Though he hadn't really mentioned being cold before and he had seemed calm about the sorting or just eager for it. What they need was more information.

"I don't think we should confront him. Just watch for now. I mean it could be nothing, we've no way of know if he was just taking a sip of juice or a some sort of special brew to calm his nerves. No we watch, wait, and if we're lucky he'll share...if not we'll just have to guess," she murmured finally deciding. She glanced towards Kas before turning back and look at David, "If he does it again then...we join up and confront him."

[{o.o.C }]

mc2
      Greycast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:18 pm

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -Kas smiled, feeling much more pleasant now that he had gotten that little thing of his earlier out of the way. "It's no problem," he replied, looking over at the ghost. "I understand. Though, you should meet Donna," he said, raising a brow at the memory. "That's the family ghost, and one of my teachers. Legit the most terrifying I've seen yet," he kidded, remembering the strict instructor.

"There's a lot more in Hogwarts, apparently, and each house has its own ghost," Kas continued, remembering some of what he had skimmed through in the textbooks.

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Piera Touko

Sukoshi Doku

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
      • Conversationalist 100
      • Contributor 150
      • Peoplewatcher 100

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
      • Forum Regular 100
      • Dressed Up 200
      • Friendly 100
      PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:25 pm

————————υиѕσятє∂
        User Image

oooPiera tilted her head slightly to the left as she asked curiously, "Donna? Oh wow, your family has its own ghost? But...do they go around scaring people?" She wasn't terrified of ghosts or anything, but she still wouldn't one going around and trying to scare her every chance it got either. Her interest was piqued yet again when Kas informed her that each of the four houses had it's own ghost.

"Really? Are they like mascots for the houses then? Do you know what each of the houses are like?" Piera was very eager for information, as her father had only explained the basics and had barely touched on sorting and the houses, other than a 'Sorting Hat' would be used to place them.

ωhεɾε Black Lake shore. ooooo ωσи∂єяιиg I wonder what the different houses are like. ooooo ωเtђ Gwen Tudor, Elsie Vass and Kas.

Greycast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:33 pm
        User Image

David Sinclair League
        [UNSORTED]

She's apologizing...we can get past this. Thank God.

David sighed with relief at Catharine's apology and he answered bluntly to her, "I've read enough linguistic books I should have known to be more careful with my words."

It made him relieved to get the issue out of the way, though he still was furious at himself for the mess up in the first place. He blamed himself not Catharine's temper. David believed he had to be perfect so the idea he had a slip of a tongue that upset her frustrated him with himself.

He turned his attention to the Kas problem and said quietly, "Watching and waiting is wisest. As you probably can tell I don't do well with direct confrontation. If we still see odd behavior I can see what I can dig up with my family's network... my father may shun my wizarding family but I am still a League and Avery, I am sure one of my aunts or uncles or cousins would be willing to discretely help without questions. Maybe if we got a hold of a bit of that brew I could do a little extracurricular studying on it..."

He shook his head, "I just think it would be awkward to directly confront him even if he keeps acting odd. I would hate to as Muggles say 'jump the gun' or what not." A smile returned to his face and he played off asking about Catharine's welfare, not wanting to tip off Kas or anyone else for that matter. He said in a teasing tone, "I'll be sure to let my parents know I need a warmer cloak so the next time I lend it out to you you'll be adequately warmed."

StudiousDemoness
        Greycast

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
        • Deal Me In 50
        • Married 100
        • Person of Interest 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
        • Conversationalist 100
        • Contributor 150
        • Peoplewatcher 100
        PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:46 pm

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -The redhead nodded at Piera's question. "Yes. Donovaugh is his real name, but we call him Donna." Kas paused to think about it. "I think only poltergeists do that. The rest of the ghosts just float around for the most part. I'm not sure if the houses still have their ghosts- - - it may have changed since the book was revised."

"The mascots for the houses are more on the animals they represent and the colours," Kas elaborated, trying to explain. "The houses are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin and Hufflepuff. They are each defined by several traits and apparently, if those traits are strong in you, you'll be sorted as such. I disagree with it in part, though," he said, adding on a smile to lessen the negative comment. "But it's not too much of a big deal."

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Piera Touko

Sukoshi Doku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:57 pm

————————υиѕσятє∂
          User Image

oooPiera nodded in understanding as Kas explained that only poltergeist's terrorized people while ghost just floated around. Which prompted her next question, "So how do ghosts and poltergeists...exist? Like...does every person that dies, become a ghost? You'd think you'd see more of them if that were the case. Or is it only witches and wizards that can become ghosts?" The young witch wondered, half thinking a loud and half asking her companion.

But when Kas mentioned a book, Piera immediately perked up.
                                "There's a book about all this? I wonder if they have it in the library..." She quieted herself however as Kas went on to explain a little about the houses, but only left her thirsting for more. "So what are the mascots? And what kind of traits does each house have?"

The pigtailed girl frowned slightly when the red headed boy said that he disagreed about it and she asked immediately without thinking, "What do you disagree with?" Then she seemed to realize how many questions she was asking and her smile wilted a little as she apologized, "Sorry I'm bugging you with all of these questions... My dad didn't tell me a whole lot."

σut σf crαck?!ooQuestions~

Greycast

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
          • Forum Regular 100
          • Dressed Up 200
          • Friendly 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
          • Conversationalist 100
          • Contributor 150
          • Peoplewatcher 100
          PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:23 pm

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -Kas shook his head, smile widening. He found her really sweet with the way she was so curious about things. He wished he had a sister now, actually. "It's not a problem. I'm not too sure on how that happens, but I think it's because of attachments, maybe. I admit this is a subject I haven't read very extensively on, so I can't answer your questions, I'm afraid." The redhead apologized for his lack of answers to give Piera. Moving on to her other questions, he tried his best to answer them as well as he could.

"Yes. Hogwarts, A History is the title, if I'm not mistaken. It's one of our textbooks, but I'm sure they have it and more material like it in the library," Kas assured her. Hogwarts did have one of the most extensive magical literature collection in England. "The mascots are the animals the Houses use to represent them. Gryffindor uses a lion, Ravenclaw an eagle, Hufflepuff a badger and Slytherin a snake. The houses value traits normally represented by their mascots," Kas listed down. "Bravery and courage, like a lion. A thirst for knowledge, intelligence- - - that's Ravenclaw's. Hufflepuff values loyalty, fairness, and a willingness to work hard. Slytherin, on the other hand, values cunning, resourcefulness and ambition. It's a bit more biased, since a great many purebloods seem to get sorted there."

"I disagree slightly about the segregation that comes with the houses," Kas frowned. "The competition is alright, but it sometimes turns to animosity, and the supposed feud between Gryffindor and Slytherin is a prime example. Something of the sort," he finished, turning to her and nodding.

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Piera Touko

Sukoshi Doku

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
          Other Stuff
          Get GCash
          Offers
          Get Items
          More Items
          Where Everyone Hangs Out
          Other Community Areas
          Virtual Spaces
          Fun Stuff
          Gaia's Games
          Mini-Games