Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply _The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*
The Fire Opal Pub - Sacred Source's Ranting Place Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:40 pm
She has 3. Me and my sister have just decided to wait it out. I think she has seen my sister's.  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:11 pm
Unless you're concerned over her reaction to the image of the tattoo itself, I can see no reason not to simply tell her "Mom, I have a tattoo."  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:17 pm
Man... I want to cry so bad. It used to be that when I was sad I would call Jacob or go see him (when we still lived by each other), but now that's over. Whenever I don't have someone to love, I feel like I am missing something. (Jameta, please don't say anything about how I should go out with Alex, I so don't like him that way.)

Every time I cry or get depressed, it's like a black hole inside of me is getting bigger. Damned separation anxiety, manic depression, bipolar disorder, and abandonment issues! If my mind functioned normally, I wouldn't feel this way. But I have all these chemical imbalances that make me really unstable. I latch on to people and things (both of which are fleeting) and then when I lose them I lose my mind.

I used to take anti depressants, but they just made it worse. I had a hard time popping just one pill out of the pack, I wanted to gather up every bottle of pills in the house and take them all. I would spend a lot of time calculating out how many pills I would have to take to overdose, but my headaches were so bad that I couldn't think straight. I ended up just flushing them all down the toilet to keep myself from killing myself. (Infact, Jameta, all of this happened when I still lived by you. Helping you and LD get together made me feel really good.)

But then I met Andy. He made me feel good. He listened to me. We started going out, and I felt so much better. It's not enough for your family to love you sometimes. They sort of have to. But it feels good when someone else loves you, because you know that they DON'T have to, they're choosing to. Doesn't that just make you feel great, to know that someone really wants to be around you? Wants to listen to you? Wants to make you feel good? I miss that.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:37 am
[mumbles and posts a link to her rant]

My rant.

Winter Black
Crew

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:24 pm
My sister told our mom about our tattoos. She saw my sisters. She was cool about it. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:47 pm
No one has had anything to rant about in 3 weeks?  

Siofra Da`Halbria

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:33 pm
*shrugs* Life is good for me right now.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:00 am
... tend to avoid ranting on public forums, personally. Why spread all that negativity around to *other* people, eh? That and I honestly don't have much to b***h about save some really petty or overly-cynical frustrations. I'd rather not give them more power by focusing all my energy into ranting about them, ya know?  

Starlock
Crew

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:57 pm
F*ck. I am really angry at whoever keeps giving me these dreams. I don't know if it's Morpheus (god of dreams), Aphrodite (considering the type of dreams), or if they're working together on this one. It's really making me mad.

I don't want to go to sleep. I just know I'm going to have the same dream I had last night. But I need to go to sleep so I can be well rested in case I end up going to the movies tomorrow. But... that dream makes me so depressed. I mean, I love Jacob, but I just can't stand him anymore. Not after what he did to betray me. I feel bad for feeling so good.

The things he does to me in my dreams just feel so good. I haven't had sex since Christmas, so I try not to think about it. But then I spend my whole day thinking about other things and I dream about it. It's like I can't get away from it. I think my dream catcher must be broken. Because despite how good it is in my dreams, I know:
1) we can never have again what we had before
2) I burned the bridge because he broke my heart, and
3) I love Alex now, and even though he and I will never have sex, I still feel like I'm betraying him, even if it's just a dream.

It pisses me off. I've known the whole time I've been involved (but not always dating) Alex that we weren't going to have sex. I respect his choice. But I've been trying so hard to stop thinking about it so the lack there of wouldn't bother me so much. And I've had a dream about him, one about Johnny Depp and two (in one night, because I woke up, went back to sleep, and continued the dream) about Jacob. All of this in the past month or so.

I am so angry right now I could cry. I've been trying to put thoughts of sex out of my head for months and then I dream about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:13 pm
Keistera
You see, I was going to do a speech to debunk the whole "9 million witches died in the burning times, never again the burning times!" thing, but... IT IS EVERYWHERE! If it isn't 9 million, it's four million, or four hundred thousand. If it's not the numbers, it's people trying to say that the people that died were all really Wiccans, and that Wicca is an "olde religion that hast been hiding since *insert ridiculous time frame here*". WHERE do people get this information?!

My highschool HISTORY TEACHER told us that men were to blame, it was an attempt to kill off women, they were threatened by the herbalists... four hundred thousand died... however, it's been proven that some of the ... crazier ... trials were faked. Strange history.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm shallow to think that Wicca really is only 50 years old (maybe a little older, but no more than 60 or 70), with bits borrowed from OTO, Golden Dawn, Crowley, and -perhaps- some of the older Pagan religions, but that doesn't mean it's "olde". Perhaps it's silly of me to think that the 50,000 - 100, 000 that were executed in the witch trials of the middle ages or renaissance weren't just women, some were men, and none of them were Wiccan or a pagan religion of any sort -- they were innocent Christians. Perhaps the townsfolk got jealous of one of their own, and blamed him or her for their troubles, knowing of the paranoia that was circulating?

This is why I've gone back to researching Salem for my speech. At least there's some worthwhile info in my College library. I hope.

(... Thanks for putting this area up. Sometimes, I can use a place other than livejournal to rant -- dot_pagan_snark or nonflufflypagans.

Jameta: I can't blame you for being a little wary, but your history makes sense. What sort of witch was your great-grandmother, if I may ask? You can PM me if you wish, I just find the topic interesting.)

I think the statistics of men to women dying during the Witch Trials was 1:3 (therefore 3/4 of those killed were women) but that still leaves a substantial number of men. ... And my statistic is from a teacher so I don't have source for you.  

Aino Ailill

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:23 pm
Atma311
I think I've got like 3 different rants here, so bear with me.

#1: About Fluff-bunnies and fluffiness. This is getting on my nerves... badly. Calling someone a "fluff bunny" has now become a regular insult among Wiccans. The sad thing is NO ONE AGREES TO WHAT IT MEANS! First, I heard that it was someone who called the quarters in a loving fashion, without much of any person power/intent. Then, I heard that it was a term that described people who didn't know what they were doing in the slightest, meaning people who are basically unknowledged about the craft in just about every way. Now, people are saying that if you have heritage of some important religious people, you are a "fluff bunny". THIS IS GETTING WAY OUT OF HAND!!!!

I had a friend who claimed to be Wiccan (then Shaman, then Druid, then a follower of the Olde Faith) and went around claiming to have 'majikal powers' and would cast spells [curses] on people...getting the majority of his information from a wonderful show called Charmed. He was a fluff-bunny (though at the time I did not know the term.) People like he was are what I consider to be fluff-bunnies. He was still my friend, good guy all around...just desperate for attention.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:43 am
Hmmm....is this thread still active? I know it's been a few months but I'd thought I'd do some ranting....(btw, the idea of this thread was awesome and I compliment its creator!)

Anyway, I hate it when people assume that I follow Wiccan beliefs even though I'm not Wiccan. Sorry, I don't follow the rede. If someone hurts me or my family/friends then I will go after them with whatever I've got. I believe in vengence. This doesn't mean I go around hexing people, but I also keep the option open as a last resort.

I was part of a "pagan" club at my college and although they said that they welcomed every path, they had problems with me since I didn't worship the Lord and Lady and didn't celebrate the major Wiccan sabbats.

Ok, not all pagans are Wiccans. Pagans have been around long before Wicca was invented. Romans, Egyptians, Sumerians, Native Americans, etc. All gods, myths, and traditions were there before. It makes sense then that paganism is a very diverse path...not everyone follows the same rules or worships the same gods!
But why can't some people understand that?  

iolitefire

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:15 pm
Witchvox has been annoying me lately... or rather the people on it have. I swear when I read the comment some of those people make, I wish it wasn't against their rules to comment on what other people say because sometimes I feel a strong urge to quote everything they say and, sentence-by-sentence, show them just how stupid they are scream  
_The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff