Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Naruto Network

Back to Guilds

A place to talk about Naruto and Naruto RP 

Tags: Naruto, Naruto RP, Roleplaying 

Reply Anime
Naruto: On Toonami Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xTwisTx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:06 pm
Damn straight, Gambit.

Did anyone else think the way they pronounced Sharingan was weird?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:15 pm
yea it is. plus they didnt show any blood, or sasuke or naruto kissing, which ticks me off  

Snyder X

darkzumi

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:06 am
Snyder X
yea it is. plus they didnt show any blood, or sasuke or naruto kissing, which ticks me off

America ruins all anime! crying
PS: I can't wait till they get up to episodes around the 100 range, the later stuff is a lot better than the first ones I think  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:51 pm
Snyder X

it has been "americanized." Blood violence and anything that is cool is cut out.  

Gambitx13

xTwisTx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:59 pm
Gambitx13
Snyder X

it has been "americanized." Blood violence and anything that is cool is cut out.
Haha. Sexy no Jutsu was in, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:17 am
xTwisTx
Gambitx13
Snyder X

thank naruto for that  

Snyder X

Gambitx13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:53 am
Snyder X
xTwisTx
Gambitx13
Snyder X

thank naruto for that

that was needed, but kakashis voice works in two ways, no tone or like the japanesse did it, and they screwed that up to.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:30 am
It is irrational to think that the Naruto dub could be perfect. It's not, but in my opinion, it's as close to perfect as possible. And thank GOD that it's editing rights were not bought by 4Kids...  

Kuritomo Hikari

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

zanthos01

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:33 pm
Kuritomo Hikari
It is irrational to think that the Naruto dub could be perfect. It's not, but in my opinion, it's as close to perfect as possible. And thank GOD that it's editing rights were not bought by 4Kids...
I'm ruling with you on this one, but I think that after watching One Piece in both the Japanese and English versions, they didn't crap it up that bad, except for the fact that, yes, there isn't any blood.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:56 pm
i'm glad it is toonami because i could see it and if it is adult swim i will fall asleep and i won't be able to see it  

mewpanda

Socks-the-Kitsune

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:21 pm
I'm glad that it's on Toonami. Honestly, a little lost blood doesn't make a series bad, so I don't see what so wrong with that. The voices were actually approved by the Japanese VA from what I've been told countless times, so they're as good as they're gonna get. And while some of the voices don't match, they're talented VA. And so far only select voices don't fit. Like Shikamaru's and Hinata's, but that's all a matter of opinion.

The only thing I DON'T like about it coming to America is all of these people running around in TVA telling me how I'm wrong about what any of the characters do. It's like, dude, I'm not theorizing, I KNOW it happens. sweatdrop

End.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:33 pm
Hhhmmmm....I've been thinking and as of now, the only thing I don't like is his catch phrase. Saying "Believe it!" once or twice an episode is fine, but the way they use it, repetitively, after every five sentences, it kinda' gets annoying.  

zanthos01

Socks-the-Kitsune

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:43 pm
zanthos01
Hhhmmmm....I've been thinking and as of now, the only thing I don't like is his catch phrase. Saying "Believe it!" once or twice an episode is fine, but the way they use it, repetitively, after every five sentences, it kinda' gets annoying.

Very true. He's been saying it less and less. I just don't get how that's annoying and hearing "datte bayo" after pretty much every sentence isn't annoying. Personal preference, I guess.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:47 am
It has not been Americanized. If Sasuke was called Samual, Sakura Sarah, Kakashi Carter then it would be Americanized. If the background music was replaced with new music then it would be Amercanized. If Naruto's favorite food was changed from Ramen to chicken soup then it would be Americanized. If Genin because rookie ninja, Chuunin journeyman ninja, Jounin elite ninja and Kage head ninja then it woudl be Americanizing. If Jutsu was technique or art it would be Americanizing. If Kekkai Genkai was just called a bloodline trait that would be Americanizing.

What I am saying is what while Naruto is an American dub Viz is doing as much as they can not to Americanize it. The edits are beyong their control brcause a Shonen Anime is not suitable for Adult Swim. Yes it would be uncut on Adult swim but it would not be targeting the correct audence. I feel that a show that fas targeted to boys twelve and older should be shown in a time zone where that age group can watch it the easiest.

Yes blook is edited, but I am sick and tired of people saying all blood is edited. As there even been a dub Naruto episode without blood? Maybe the ones without much fighting.

Final thing you people are overreacting when it comes to Believe it. Naruto has said it seven times at the most and zero times at the least. When compared to Dattebayo thats three times less. There was one episode where I counted 21 dattebayo's.  

Creativerealms

Astridz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:48 am
Whoa it's been a while since I've been here =O
Anywayz, I really think the English version suckz =(
We don't even have it here on Toonami! ninja

Anime

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers