Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rogue-dono

Beloved Vampire

8,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:56 pm
nerdiepi
Hello, hello! My name is Quinn (though most people on gaia refer to me as Nerds or Nerdie.)
I'm living in New York right now, but I hope that one day I'll be able to move to Canada. I want to study and major in art so I can become a character/concept design for a company. (Disney is the dream.)
I have varied tastes, but I pretty much like everything. ( Whether it be a TV show, music, or a book.) I think I do the art thing very well. I have a link to my tumblr in my signature. vuv
I started cosplaying three years ago, and have been going to whatever cons and meetups I've been able to go to ever since!

As of right now, I cosplay as:
Zacharie (OFF)
Castiel (Supernatural)
Bee (Bee and Puppycat)
John (Homestuck, although the cosplay is pretty much retired)
Jeff the Killer (Creepypasta (also retired, I did this once for halloween to scare some kiddies)
Chica the Chicken ( FNAF)
Cecil Baldwin (WTNV )
China (Hetalia)
Canada (Hetalia)
America (Hetalia)
Hong-Kong (Hetalia though, this one is a closet cosplay if anything. I also jokingly did Korea with the same get up-)

In the future I want to expand this list by a lot, and I want to add Mako from Kill la Kill, a Santa rendition of Finland from Hetalia, Mabel from gravity falls, England from Hetalia, Feferi from Homestuck, and strange enough as it may be, Grumpy Cat (with Cats the musical in mind)

Welcome!!! It is a pleasure to meet you! I hope you find the guild helpful and fun! I'm Mimiru. smile

Such a nice list of cosplays! biggrin Do you have a page or site that I could follow? smile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:22 pm
Hello! Im a cosplayer in the little state of Connecticut! Im 24, and have been in the world of anime conventions for about 6 years! Im deciding to get a bit more serious with my cosplaying and I have a whole list of characters I would like to be. Ive been to over 15 conventions along the Northeast and Im hoping to branch out a bit more. Currently Im drawing out plans for an MLP Princess Celestia cosplay with a bit of a grecian twist to it. Im hoping to meet some new friends and maybe even con buddies!  

This Isnt Sparta

Liberal Fatcat

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:01 pm
This Isnt Sparta
Hello! Im a cosplayer in the little state of Connecticut! Im 24, and have been in the world of anime conventions for about 6 years! Im deciding to get a bit more serious with my cosplaying and I have a whole list of characters I would like to be. Ive been to over 15 conventions along the Northeast and Im hoping to branch out a bit more. Currently Im drawing out plans for an MLP Princess Celestia cosplay with a bit of a grecian twist to it. Im hoping to meet some new friends and maybe even con buddies!

Thanks for the intro. I've also been cosplaying for the same time that you have and my list of the cons that I go to keep growing. Make use of what we have here to grow as a cosplayer and talk about your experiences. As our Captain announced stay tuned for updates to make this Guild even better!!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:12 pm
The shy wallflower comes out and says...

Hello! My irl name is Megan :> Two of my favorite anime are Kill la Kill and Sword Art Online. My hobbies irl include drawing, writing, crochet, and playing animal crossing. I live with my bf, a cat, and two pet rats :3

I also really love to cosplay and have been going to cons since 2012. Here is a list of cosplays I've done so far~
Sailor Mercury, Luigi, Mami Tomoe (from Madoka Magica, Middle school uniform though), Fionna (Adventure Time), Lucy (Fairy Tail), Team Aqua grunt (Pokemon), Ruby Gloom, and Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)

I will be cosplaying Asuna with my bf as Kirito ^_^

I go to anime conventions in Michigan and sometimes Colossal con in Ohio, but would love to branch out. I would love to meet new cosplay/con friends!

Ghost Girlfriend

Mewling Vampire

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:44 pm
Amethyst Wallflower

Hello! My irl name is Megan :> Two of my favorite anime are Kill la Kill and Sword Art Online. My hobbies irl include drawing, writing, crochet, and playing animal crossing. I live with my bf, a cat, and two pet rats :3

I also really love to cosplay and have been going to cons since 2012. Here is a list of cosplays I've done so far~
Sailor Mercury, Luigi, Mami Tomoe (from Madoka Magica, Middle school uniform though), Fionna (Adventure Time), Lucy (Fairy Tail), Team Aqua grunt (Pokemon), Ruby Gloom, and Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)

I go to anime conventions in Michigan and sometimes Colossal con in Ohio, but would love to branch out. I would love to meet new cosplay/con friends!

Hi Megan, Greetings from Michigan and Welcome to the Guild. I happen to live in Michigan in the Detroit area and I have gone to Shuto Con, Jafax, and Youmacon. I usually go to Youmacon for sure. I'm a Cosplay Photographer and it would be nice to meet a Gaia member at one of the Michigan Conventions.

I'm always looking for someone to do photoshoots with and if you are interested in doing one please let me know. In my Gaia signature their is a link to my Deviant Art page where you can see my work. Most of my albums are named by what cons that I have gone to. Chances are that you have seen some of the cosplayers that I took photos of. Possibly even yourself!! smile

I have taken photos of Sword Art Online characters, Madoka Magi characters, and hundreds of Sailor Moon series character cosplayers. My Deviant Art page also has a "My Cosplays" album. You may have even seen me before at cons in Michigan.

Please let me know if you recognize anyone in my photos. I always Love to give credit to them. From SAO I have taken photos of Leefa, Asuna and Kirito. The Leefa (Lyfa) Cosplayer I did my first and best photoshoot with. smile

PS - I'm a Cat person too. smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:31 am
smithers456
Amethyst Wallflower

Hi Megan, Greetings from Michigan and Welcome to the Guild. I happen to live in Michigan in the Detroit area and I have gone to Shuto Con, Jafax, and Youmacon. I usually go to Youmacon for sure. I'm a Cosplay Photographer and it would be nice to meet a Gaia member at one of the Michigan Conventions.

I'm always looking for someone to do photoshoots with and if you are interested in doing one please let me know. In my Gaia signature their is a link to my Deviant Art page where you can see my work. Most of my albums are named by what cons that I have gone to. Chances are that you have seen some of the cosplayers that I took photos of. Possibly even yourself!! smile

I have taken photos of Sword Art Online characters, Madoka Magi characters, and hundreds of Sailor Moon series character cosplayers. My Deviant Art page also has a "My Cosplays" album. You may have even seen me before at cons in Michigan.

Please let me know if you recognize anyone in my photos. I always Love to give credit to them. From SAO I have taken photos of Leefa, Asuna and Kirito. The Leefa (Lyfa) Cosplayer I did my first and best photoshoot with. smile

Wow I just wanted to say that your work is amazing, you take such great pictures, and the cosplays are so nice! It's cool that you go to the same cons as well! I also go to Youmacon and Shuto, like every year. xD I'd love to go to Jafax, maybe next year. I'm going to Shuto for sure next month so if you're going I'd love to get a picture taken! My bf and I will be Asuna and Kirito. ^u^ I will also be bringing my Ryuko cosplay as well. Oh and I have another cosplay I'm putting together last minute but it is super easy. There is this new game by Square Enix called Life is Strange and I will be cosplaying as the main character from that. It's like a choose your path kind of game where you make decisions and they change the story. They only have one episode out right now. Her name is Max and she has the ability to rewind time. :3 my bf is going to cosplay a male version of her best friend, Chloe. I think it's going to be really cool!

Ghost Girlfriend

Mewling Vampire

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:22 am
Amethyst Wallflower
smithers456
Amethyst Wallflower

Wow I just wanted to say that your work is amazing, you take such great pictures, and the cosplays are so nice! It's cool that you go to the same cons as well! I also go to Youmacon and Shuto, like every year. xD I'd love to go to Jafax, maybe next year. I'm going to Shuto for sure next month so if you're going I'd love to get a picture taken! My bf and I will be Asuna and Kirito. ^u^ I will also be bringing my Ryuko cosplay as well. Oh and I have another cosplay I'm putting together last minute but it is super easy. There is this new game by Square Enix called Life is Strange and I will be cosplaying as the main character from that. It's like a choose your path kind of game where you make decisions and they change the story. They only have one episode out right now. Her name is Max and she has the ability to rewind time. :3 my bf is going to cosplay a male version of her best friend, Chloe. I think it's going to be really cool!

Hi Megan, did you dress up as Asuna and Kirito at Shuto Con 2014? Check out my Shutocon 2014 gallery album on my Deviant Art page. The photo of the couple is in that gallery. I took a photo of an Asuna and Kirito couple on the pedestrian bridge between the hotel and the convention center. The girl was wearing glasses! As for Shuto Con this year I don't know if I can go yet due to my money situation. I will let you know if I'm going. I usually go to conventions with my brother. Yes, that's cool that we go to the same cons. We can certainly talk about our con experiences. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:45 am
smithers456

No I haven't cosplayed Asuna yet, I'm expecting my cosplay to come in the mail today actually xD Haha  

Ghost Girlfriend

Mewling Vampire

Mortal Moon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:42 pm
*~*~*~*

Hello hello! You can call me Moon, I'm a 16 year old girl in SoCal.
Some of my hobbies, outside of watching anime and reading manga, include playing volleyball, dancing, and playing with small animals.

My favorite anime are Haikyuu!!, Kyoukai no Kanata, and Btooom!. I like anime of all kinds, but prefer to read horror/romance/shoujo ai. I've also recently found out I like writing anime reviews via tumblr, so if you ever have any suggestions on my next review, I'd be really happy!

I like a good mix of salty, sweet, and spicy foods. I can't have too many of any of them alone without feeling a bit overwhelmed... That being said, I don't particularly care for most bitter things (especially not bitter people!).

I've only cosplayed at one con, and it was a couple years ago (Young Mako from Naruto), but am going to be getting back into it soon! I'm currently working on Kuriyama Mirai (Kyoukai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary) and Minene/Ninth (Mirai Nikki/Future Diary). I plan on using the same outfit for my Kuriyama cosplay to eventually do Ai Shindou and Mitsuki Nase from the same anime.

Glad to be hear, I look forward to talking with all of you!

*~*~*~*

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:21 pm
(Not sure if I have made a post but I'm gonna make one nonetheless)

You can call me Rawr,Rawk, Rikky, something along the lines of my username. I'm turning 24 this year. I've never cosplayed before (due to the lack of confidence and etc) but I have attended some conventions with friends who cosplay, seems like they had fun.

My club in uni might be hosting their yearly event, I'm not sure whether I want to apply for staff volunteering. They said it was a lot of work since thousands of people came from different nearby countries. Apparently it attracted more people outside the university than anyone in it.

Might try cosplaying this year, or working as a staff member for the convention, or both.  

Rawr The Kitty

Demonic Warlord

16,725 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • PvP 200

Yaoi Uke-Kun

Hygienic Smoker

5,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Hesitant Participant 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:12 am
yum_puddi
My name is Elizabeth; but you can call me Liz, Lizzie, Shikyo, or just Eli. I'm turning...14 in September so, I feel like the youngest in this guild. I like to read a lot, draw anime, learn Japanese/Spanish, listen to K-Pop, as well as learning to dance to songs, and I also like watching Studio Ghibli movies, and read uh...stuff, cat_redface I'm from California but I moved to Texas three years ago... I've attended multiple conventions, as well as ComicCon when I was like, 7. My cosplays I'm making/have made so far are(I make all my cosplays and haven't bought any yet. ^-^)
-Oliver (Vocaloid)
-Kagamine Rin (Vocaloid)
-Tadashi Hamada
-Ino Yamanaka
-Steampunk
-Armin Arlert (Shingeki No Kyojin)
-Annie Leonhardt
-Howl (Howl's Moving Castle)

I love watching Junjou Romantica, uh... The irregular at magic high school, .Hack//, Love Stage, and too many more to list.. x-x

(/o3o)/ Anyhow, this is about me so... >.< Hi. 3nodding So, yup.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:14 pm
hihihi i'm snort or slap on gaia but my real name is soka xd i'm turning 21 in august!
favorite animes are dragon ball z fa shooo and i really like blade of the immortal, berserk, parasyte, just a whole bunch of animes, i like a ton sweatdrop
my hobbies are playing video games, drawing, or just chillin' with friends... but mainly eating food i love food
anyway i'm super friendly feel free to pm/comment

i've been going to acen for the past 4 years and i've been to C2E2 a few times!

emotion_yatta  

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:42 pm
ShikyoRiipaa
yum_puddi
My name is Elizabeth; but you can call me Liz, Lizzie, Shikyo, or just Eli. I'm turning...14 in September so, I feel like the youngest in this guild. I like to read a lot, draw anime, learn Japanese/Spanish, listen to K-Pop, as well as learning to dance to songs, and I also like watching Studio Ghibli movies, and read uh...stuff, cat_redface I'm from California but I moved to Texas three years ago... I've attended multiple conventions, as well as ComicCon when I was like, 7. My cosplays I'm making/have made so far are(I make all my cosplays and haven't bought any yet. ^-^)
-Oliver (Vocaloid)
-Kagamine Rin (Vocaloid)
-Tadashi Hamada
-Ino Yamanaka
-Steampunk
-Armin Arlert (Shingeki No Kyojin)
-Annie Leonhardt
-Howl (Howl's Moving Castle)

I love watching Junjou Romantica, uh... The irregular at magic high school, .Hack//, Love Stage, and too many more to list.. x-x

(/o3o)/ Anyhow, this is about me so... >.< Hi. 3nodding So, yup.

Elizabeth welcome to the Guild. smile I'm truly amazed that you have already made cosplay outfits and have gone to conventions. Feel free to post your photos in the photos Sub Forum of the Guild. Also both I and our crew member Stephanie (Starz_N_Madness) have a growing interest in Studio Ghibli movies. In the Sub Forum Anime, Manga, and Video Games their is a thread that I set up just for Studio Ghibli. Please post in it and let us know what you think about the movies and the characters. Have fun in the Guild and if you have any questions feel free to send either Stephanie or I a message.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:51 pm
So I've been in this guild for a short time but due to getting a bad cold I've been to exhausted and unmotivated to get on Gaia but now that I'm feeling better and after 50$ worth of cold meds I can finally introduce myself! biggrin

Hello everyone! My name is Drake, I'm turning 19 in August and I live in a dry heat place called Surprise, Arizona.

I really like spicy food and have a habit of buying really spicy hot sauce for laughs and giggles.

I've been to a few conventions but my main one to go to is Sabotencon each year and I plan on going to PHX comic con this year to see how that is.

Some of my favorite animes are: Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood ,Hellsing Ultimate, Btooom, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost Stories, Trigun, RWBY, Corpse Party, Tokyo Ghoul, Code Geass, Blood +, Blood - C
If anyone has a good horror anime they suggest I would be more happy to hear about it. mrgreen

I like to draw, create, play video games ( Mostly RPG's and Horror games) , cosplay, and create cosplay :3

Cosplay I've done so far: Rick Taylor from Splatter House, Luxord from Kingdom Hearts 2, Wesker from Resident Evil, Human Wheatley from Portal 2, Corrupted Human Wheatley from Portal 2, Sun Wukong from RWBY

Cosplay I'm working on: Purple Guy from FNAF, Spartan Titan armor based from the game Destiny, White Fang Major from RWBY

If you would like to talk and know more just ask, I don't bite...much >.>  

DarkHellBoy19

Loyal Knight

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:51 pm
DarkHellBoy19

suppp, i have a horror/psychological anime i just finished if you've ever heard of parasyte? it's pretty short like 24 episodes i highly recommend! also portal is my dream cosplay! i've always wanted to be chell 4laugh  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff