Welcome to Gaia! ::

Avatar the Last Airbender: [Spirit's Wrath]

Back to Guilds

Roleplay Guild based off of Avatar the Last Airbender 

Tags: Roleplay, Martial Arts, Avatar, Airbender, ATLA 

Reply [FR] Caldera
The Fire Nation Academy [Training Grounds] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:09 pm
User ImageUser Imagexxx═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════xxx
xxxxx ϻichael Ånderson xxxxx
☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢ xxx "If I there's a way, I will find it. If there isn't, I'll create it." xxx ☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣
xxx═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════xxx
xxx ☣☢ xxx xxx Title: Nonexxx Nation: Republic Cityxxx Rank: Traineexxxxxx ☢☣xxx
xxx ☣☢ xxx xxx xxx Element: Non-Benderxxx Specialization: Undecidedxxx xxx ☢☣ xxx

xxx When the large creature came from under the ground Michael was taken off guard. He instinctively gripped his sword, releasing his grip as Tohru spoke. So this was a badgermole. "So that's a badgermole. It's amazing." He said staring at Burbur. The creature was larger than he had expected. He wasn't scared of it however, something about it seemed like it was more intelligent than regular animals. The avatar was full of interesting little surprises. The girl who welcomed them to the fire nation brought him out of his train of thought. "Thank you for the welcome. My name is Michael, Michael Anderson." He nodded in her direction after he introduced himself as a sort of bow he had picked up in the streets.

xxx (((OOC: None)))

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢ xxx Energy: 350/350 xxx ☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢
Skill(s) Used: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:58 pm
"Mind if I butt in?" Mako was trying to hold his impatience in. He had nothing against the boy, but when he trained his students, he had to make sure that they paid attention to him. He would be the one to take the fall if the avatar is an incompetent firebender. "The next few skills are quite simple. Fireball, Weld, Boil, and Ember. Fireball is... not too useful, I guess." He clenched his fists and jabbed the air, shooting out a baseball sized fireball, that eventually died out. "See? Next would be Ember. This is why you worked on your breathing." He stood up straight, at the position of attention and inhaled deeply. When he exhaled from his mouth and nose, black smoke with embers flying around in it shot out. "I used this skills during my time in the South Pole. There were healers there that could do the most amazing things... Anyway! Next up would be Weld." With almost no effort at all, his fingers began to warm up and turn a bright orange in almost no time. "I don't have the patience to try and pick lock a door, so sometimes I melt the lock. Finally, is boil." Once again, he inhaled then exhaled. Though this time, black smoke and embers didn't come out, steam did. "When your fighting, the last thing anyone expects is steam. It freaks them out." He said as he grinned.

1 post each

Fireball
The most basic of all fire bending attacks, the user throws a single punch and a baseball-sized ball of flame launches outward.

Ember
The bender breaths slowly out their mouth, exhaling a cloud of embers. While not usually doing direct damage, this can distract, ignite flammable materials, or keep one warm.

Boil
Exhaling a hot cloud of smoke through one’s nostrils, the Bender can breath this onto water to bring it to a boil, or onto other surfaces to heat it.

Weld
Using the tip of the middle and index finger, the bender heats the fingertips up to a red-hot glow. This can be pressed to a door to melt a lock, to metal to either slowly cut through or weld, or even to flesh for a sharp but intense burning.  

Hiro the Herp

Dedicated Zealot

5,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:18 pm
User ImageUser Imagexxx═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════xxx
☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢ xxx "If I there's a way, I will find it. If there isn't, I'll create it." xxx ☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣
xxx ☣☢ xxx xxx Title: Nonexxx Nation: Republic Cityxxx Rank: Traineexxxxxx ☢☣xxx
xxx ☣☢ xxx xxx xxx Element: Non-Benderxxx Specialization: Undecidedxxx xxx ☢☣ xxx

xxx Michael immediately felt his face turn hot. It was a good chance that it was red as well. He had forgotten about the teacher for a moment. The excitement of finding the avatar had gotten a hold of him. Seeing that Tohru was going to have to train as well he figured maybe the teacher could give him some pointers in something as well. "Master, uhh... Teacher. I didn't get your name. Sir... Could you maybe train me while I wait for the Avatar to finish her own training?" He paused, realizing he was babbling. Taking a deep breath he started again. "That is, if you can teach anything to a non-bender. I would be grateful for any training you could give me." He felt a little ashamed at the non-bender part. He was a little afraid that the avatar wouldn't want a non-bender as a companion.

xxx (((OOC: Anything really would be nice. Finesse might work, but my sword isn't exactly the right style, anything but juijutsu for unarmed. Although I'd prefer drunken out of the available. Then again, you're the teacher so whatever you think you want to teach.)))

Uni Penetration

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:39 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

The one whos fists flow like the gentle river.

Yun entered the training grounds, Autumn most likely right behind him. He looks around. No ice, no water, just concrete and steel, fires. It was sacred, he could feel it. But it was not the same sort of spiritual feeling that he got back at the northern water tribe. He looks over and spots a teacher and what seemed to be a student training.

"Perfect."  

Cain the Blade

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:49 pm
User Image
❄"Autumn Clematis Thea"❄
4'ft 9'in tall // 14 years old

Chi: 500

Water Bender...

Autumn is right behind Yun, grabbing onto his bottom shirt once he stop, just in case since the last time she been onto a new place. She looked around the area, seeing new faces in the area training. "oh wow... theses people look a bit tough." She secretly said to herself. a little scary to her view, but not all of them are wearing red and black. She'll let Yun do all the talking.

...Northern Tribe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:17 pm
When people began flooding in the training grounds, Mako sighed. He was never lucky. He pulled out yet another scroll from his bag and his last two bottles of Fire Brandy. "It packs a punch, so be careful." In hindsight, he shouldn't give alcohol to kids, but it wasn't like he was gonna get arrested. Mako handed Michael the scroll and the bottles of Fire Brandy and glanced at him once more. "Get what you can from it. I'll supervise you." (5 posts for stage 1)

Then he turned to the Water Benders. They both looked awfully young. "Can I help you?"  

Hiro the Herp

Dedicated Zealot

5,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Cain the Blade

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:20 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun nods as he approaches the teacher.

"Yes, we've come from the North looking for any archives or any information on the spirits. We have yet to visit the Air nomads, but we intend to go there next if we cannot find anything here in the Fire Nation. Can you help us?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:26 pm
It seems as though the boy was looking for the archives. They weren't open to the public yet due to an... incident. He was sad to turn him away, the archives were supposed to be open to the public. "I'm sorry. But our Archives are currently inaccessible to the public right now. A few of our important files were singed and others were burned beyond recognition."  

Hiro the Herp

Dedicated Zealot

5,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Cain the Blade

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:28 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun sighs.

"Alright, thank you anyways."

Yun punches his fist into his palm and then bows. He turns to Autumn.

"I guess we head to the Air temple now..."

Yun walks off towards the docks.

[exit]  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:02 pm

xxx Michael nodded and thanked the teacher. Opening the scroll while holding the bottles under his right arm. 'Drunken Master' unarmed combat style. Interesting. He walked a little ways away from the group of people and set the bottles down and spread the scroll out on the ground. The first stage was ridiculously vigorous. He collected the things and moved a little farther over to a bar he could hang from. This was an interesting style. It required you to act drunk, but if you actually were drunk you'd be unable to properly balance for it. He popped open one of the bottles and took a swig of the warming alcohol. Time to get to work.
Michael collected three buckets from the training area. Then he found two small cups that were the same size as sake cups and added them to his collection of items. Now for the more difficult part of the preparation, he had to find water. He filled two of the buckets with water from the drinking area and headed back to his bar. He placed the buckets at his feet, floating the cups in them, and gripped the empty bucket in his teeth. He then hung himself from the bar by legs and hung the empty bucket from his feet. [1/5] He then took one cup in each hand and filled them with water. Doing a hanging sit-up to reach the bucket at his feet he emptied the cups into the bucket. After which he lowered himself back to the water buckets to repeat this step. He was only to be done once the bucket was filled. [2/5] After the bucket was beginning to gain some weight Michael began to feel warm. His stomach muscles were starting to feel the exercise, and he was beginning to wonder why he had his jacket on. He dropped the cups into the water buckets quickly and then took his sword, jacket, and shirt off while remaining hanging. Then he picked up the cups once more and continued his exercise. [3/5] Sweat was beginning to drip off of Michael's body, his muscles rippling and shimmering in the lights. The bucket was about half full or more and the pain of the workout was just about numbing in it's severity. He continued the vigorous up and down, hypnotic motion as he continued filling the bucket.[4/5] Michael was almost completely in the zone with filling the water buckets. He had worked through the pain but he was getting tired. After pouring more water into the bucket he felt a splash. He was finished. Finally finished.[5/5]
He let himself fall and as he did the bucket of water drenched him. Cooling him instantly. It was soothing. He drank from one of the remaining ones and then laid on the ground breathing hard. He took another swig from the bottle of alcohol as he stood up. Getting ready to train the rest of the first stage. The training was tiring, but he had to get stronger to protect Tohru as her guardian.

xxx (((OOC: First Stage of Drunken Master Unlocked. Hiro said to just go nuts, but my throat is sore so i'm going to end my post here and continue later.)))

Uni Penetration

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Divinity Luciano

Wealthy Genius

3,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:29 pm
ogue iao-ing. . .oading. . .

User ImageUser Image

User Image

ost﹕
"My name is Rogue Xiao-Ping, nice to meet you," she said with a bow. Turning back to Mako, she stared at Tohru, then at Mako himself. They didn't resemble each other at all. How could she be..- Rogue's eyes widened as she stared at Mako. But then she shook her head. There was no way Mako was dating someone like her; she was too young, and too pretty for him; he'd probably snap at her and injure her or something... When Rogue had been jumping to conclusions, she had no idea that Mako had actually handed Michael a scroll. "Nice to see you too Mako.." she said. Rogue felt completely ignored by the guy. Turning back to Michael, he looked like he was training.. Them she she began to wonder 'Maybe.. I wonder if he'll take it though.. but I don't want to imply anything either.. argh! why is this so complicated!' Rogue thought to herself. Then, Michael suddenly decided it was totally appropriate to strip from his top and let the sweat on his body drip. Rogue found that she was paying extreme attention to every nook and cranny of his upper body.. 'He looks really well built, and he seems quite attract-.. No he isn't attractive, you're just going to ask him if he wants a lunch box!' She thought to herself, shaking her head rapidly. Cheeks burning brightly.

Rogue somehow found that she'd gone back to staring at how Michael's muscles rippled as he trained, Rogue also found that she was attracted to the way that the light caught his sweat, making it seem as if he was shining brilliantly. Snapping back into focus she walked up to Michael, he appeared to be done, and was drenched by the water that was used in his training. Rogue took out the lunch box and the water and looked at Michael. "Hungry?" she questioned. Rogue held out the lunch box. She needed to get rid of it, merely because she'd hate for the lunch box to go to waste, and well, she wasn't really much of a big eater. It wasn't that she felt obliged that she needed to pay Michael for letting her watch him. It was weird, she'd only met the guy today and she felt like she'd become a fan girl. Really, Rogue didn't know what was wrong with herself any more.
User Image

cc﹕

Mastered:

Words: 396.

The pic with her hair down is in the hyperlink picture that say's "Tie me up"
User Image

hi﹕ 460/500User Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:57 am
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

User Image
XXXXXXXXXX: Tohru : Lin-Mei :
AvatarxxxxxxNovicexxxxxx5 0 0 ll 5 0 0XXX

XXXXXXXXXX▄▀▄▀▄ : Elemental ▪▪ Harmony : ▄▀▄▀▄
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tohru was about to accept Rogue's greetings when Mako but in and gave her instructions for the next set of firebending. The young Avatar sighed and reluctantly got to work on the set.

The first technique was fireball, and it seemed she had already performed it upon learning how to fire bend. Tohru took a few calm breaths, then punched outward. With a rush of heat, a flash of fire burst forward from her fist. [1/1]

With Ember, the fire would be coming from a source othe than her limbs, which Tohru found a little odd. So far all she had seen was people using their arms and legs to firebend. Taking in a deep breath, Tohru exhaled a small puff of flames from her mouth. [1/1]

The next technique was very similar to the one she just performed, so learning wouldnt be that had. Tohru repeated the same process as last time, inhaling a large breath of air. But upon exhaling, instead of creating flames, only a highly heated breath left her mouth. [1/1]

For weld, Tohru began by creating a flame in her hand, slowly feeding it to keep it alive. Once she was sure she had the flame steady, she began to focus on shrinking the fire, but raising the heat. Slowly, but surely, the flames shrunk to just her finger tips, and burned with a much nastier heat. [1/1]

XXXXXXXXXX▄▀▄▀▄ : Rebellious ▪▪ Passionate ▪▪ Loud : ▄▀▄▀▄

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:28 am

xxx Michael was about to start more of his training when he was approached by the girl. She offered him a lunchbox. He smiled at her. It was amusing really. He doubted that she knew her face was still red. He took the offered lunchbox from her and thanked her. "Thank you, I'm famished. Rogue wasn't it?" He held the lunchbox at his side as he talked to the girl. She was beautiful, but he wasn't to allow himself any distractions. He had to get stronger so he could protect the avatar. He had to become something more powerful than he was.

xxx (((OOC: I feel so wimpy around all these novices and soon to be adepts.)))

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:54 pm
ogue iao-ing. . .oading. . .

User ImageUser Image

User Image

ost﹕
"Yeah it's Rogue," she answered with a polite smile, "How' your training going?" Rogue sat down cross legged as she seated herself in front of Michael. "I'm pretty sure I didn't poison it so go ahead and eat it already," she chuckled. Looking back to check on Tohru she saw that the girl in the earth bender get up was fire bending, though she merely assumed that she was from on the the fire nation colonies in the Earth kingdom. If she was, it explained the mere fact of her get up and the fact she could fire bend. Rogue assumed it was either the girl's mother or father who was a fire bender. "Michael, is that girl from the Fire Nation colonies in the Earth Kingdom?" she asked, turning back to Michael. Rogue knew that in her lunch box there was there was rice, rolled omelets, marinated duck and skewered chicken, however they were quite small, mainly because she wanted them to fit into the lunch box; as it was the same as the one she ate in training, of course she'd cooked herself too. User Image

cc﹕

Mastered:

Words: 185.

The pic with her hair down is in the hyperlink picture that say's "Tie me up"
User Image

hi﹕ 460/500User Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Divinity Luciano

Wealthy Genius

3,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:04 pm
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

User Image
XXXXXXXXXX: Tohru : Lin-Mei :
AvatarxxxxxxNovicexxxxxx5 0 0 ll 5 0 0XXX

XXXXXXXXXX▄▀▄▀▄ : Elemental ▪▪ Harmony : ▄▀▄▀▄

Tohru heard Rogue's question of her origin. It seemed she had taken a slight interest in her. "Actually, that's exactly where I'm from. My father was from the fire nation...he was the governor of a colony's son. My mom was from the same colony....where I was born. So in short, um...yes!" she replied cheerfully. Tohru always loved to talk about herself; it was way more fun that just talking in general. "How about you? Are you from the Fire Nation Colonies too? Oh, Maybe you're a main lander! Do tell!"

XXXXXXXXXX▄▀▄▀▄ : Rebellious ▪▪ Passionate ▪▪ Loud : ▄▀▄▀▄

[FR] Caldera

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas