Welcome to Gaia! ::

Odd One Out

Back to Guilds

The sweet little slice of Gaia reserved for the bizarre, twisted, and/or bored. 

Tags: Random, Debate, Discussion, Chat, Competitions 

Reply Main Forum
-- New Member Welcome -- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Bin-Bin
Hello, I'm 25. I just recently graduated from an art school. Now working as an intern editing photos which I should be working on right now..

Welcome to the guild! Thanks so much for joining!
I graduate from art school in a month =D
But different art. I'm going into animation.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:01 pm
Funkyblueeyes
Bin-Bin
Hello, I'm 25. I just recently graduated from an art school. Now working as an intern editing photos which I should be working on right now..

Congrats on taking on the journey of following your dream. 3d or 2d?  

Bin-Bin

Sparkly Citizen

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:03 pm
Bin-Bin
Funkyblueeyes
Bin-Bin

My program is in 2d, but since the industry is sooo 3d I'll probably end up crossing over now and then in the future.

I'd rather stick to the 2d bits though. I'm aiming for storyboarding. (which I should be working on right now.)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:16 pm
Funkyblueeyes
Bin-Bin
Funkyblueeyes
Bin-Bin

My program is in 2d, but since the industry is sooo 3d I'll probably end up crossing over now and then in the future.

I'd rather stick to the 2d bits though. I'm aiming for storyboarding. (which I should be working on right now.)

It's a really competitive world to be in 2d, a bunch of my teachers worked or are working for all the big animation companies. So that's who you'll be competing against, teachers and veterans, the thing we as young artist have is that we work for cheap or free (its sad but true) and hopefully work up the ranks through there.

A lot of related jobs here in California that are continuing to grow are all in mobile/user interface design. So I advise anyone going to art school to look at graphic design as your backup. When I look for jobs that's all I find.

I don't know how the art market there in Vancouver. But gurrl it's a cut throat industry here. Sorry I got all this feels for Art School.  

Bin-Bin

Sparkly Citizen

Prismatic Colours

Aekea Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:22 pm
I'm not really active in Guilds, mostly because of how slow they can be, but I thought I'd give this Guild a shot. Hello! c:  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:42 pm
Prismatic Colours
I'm not really active in Guilds, mostly because of how slow they can be, but I thought I'd give this Guild a shot. Hello! c:

Hiya!
We can be a bit slow, but I'm trying to get things to pick up ^_^  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:43 pm
Bin-Bin
Funkyblueeyes
Bin-Bin
Funkyblueeyes
Bin-Bin

It's a really competitive world to be in 2d, a bunch of my teachers worked or are working for all the big animation companies. So that's who you'll be competing against, teachers and veterans, the thing we as young artist have is that we work for cheap or free (its sad but true) and hopefully work up the ranks through there.

A lot of related jobs here in California that are continuing to grow are all in mobile/user interface design. So I advise anyone going to art school to look at graphic design as your backup. When I look for jobs that's all I find.

I don't know how the art market there in Vancouver. But gurrl it's a cut throat industry here. Sorry I got all this feels for Art School.

In Vancouver it's great, actually. The economy is good and they're desperate for animators and storyboard artists =D  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:47 pm
Funkyblueeyes
Prismatic Colours

Hiya!
We can be a bit slow, but I'm trying to get things to pick up ^_^
This just shows how much I don't know about guilds, but I didn't realize I could get a quote notification from Guilds. xD Cool. I'll try to be active, I guess. No promises, though. I'm not very talkative.  

Prismatic Colours

Aekea Bloodsucker

Bin-Bin

Sparkly Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:50 pm
Funkyblueeyes

In Vancouver it's great, actually. The economy is good and they're desperate for animators and storyboard artists =D

Yeah I've heard that. I'm going to move to Canada now, just tell me what's the cheapest housing city closet to the art studios. hah  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:17 pm
Bin-Bin
Funkyblueeyes

Yeah I've heard that. I'm going to move to Canada now, just tell me what's the cheapest housing city closet to the art studios. hah

Surrey or East Van, and I wouldn't recommend either ;D ;D
Hahaha.

Stupid expensive city...  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

shutup_jackie

Feline Flatterer

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:53 pm
Hello there.
I'm Jackie. I'm 20, speak a tiny bit of French (despite taking three years of it in school), and love reading and word games. I like to think I'm pretty friendly, so feel free to strike up a conversation. c:  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:02 pm
shutup_jackie
Hello there.
I'm Jackie. I'm 20, speak a tiny bit of French (despite taking three years of it in school), and love reading and word games. I like to think I'm pretty friendly, so feel free to strike up a conversation. c:

Welcome Jackie =) Thanks for joining. I also speak a bit of french, love reading and word games. Maybe we're secretly twins, separated at birth! 3 years apart..  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

shutup_jackie

Feline Flatterer

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:06 pm
Funkyblueeyes
shutup_jackie
Hello there.

Welcome Jackie =) Thanks for joining. I also speak a bit of french, love reading and word games. Maybe we're secretly twins, separated at birth! 3 years apart..

Ooo. How very mysterious and exciting o;  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:11 pm
Hello, I'm Lexi, and my two favorite things are cats and chocolate!  

gothgirllexi

Wicked Cat

57,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:50 pm
gothgirllexi
Hello, I'm Lexi, and my two favorite things are cats and chocolate!

Hi Lexi! Welcome!
I happen to possess both those things!  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas