Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:03 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Dueling Club

David pretty much shrugged off the fact that the Slytherin Quidditch captain didn’t care to believe he existed. That was fine by him if she wanted to be like that. Once Marina went into the whole lecture of talking about the club David was fired up to start having fun. Turning to the new member he was talking to a moment ago David smiled. “Okay.” He replied.

“Etiquette wise we face each other wands at the ready then put the down. Finish with a bow and then turn around walk about five steps and then fire.” David explained. “So shall we.” With that David went to a place with some space waited for the Slytherin to join him and then faced him. Pointed his wand at the ready then brought it back down before bowing to him and then turning around and walking a few paces. While doing so he thought about what spell he was going to use.

With: Dueling club... Edajin

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: Sorry it took me so long.

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:23 pm
Well I woke up to the sound of silence
And cries were cutting like knives in a fist fight
And I found you with a bottle of wine
Your head in the curtains
And heart like the Fourth of July

User ImageUser Image
Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Hufflepuff ☠ BeaterLionel

Tobi chuckled finding himself liking the older Slytherin more and more. "Then we should get along jus' fine." he grinned. He moved back and took his own stance watching him and assessing him for any weakness while cursing the fact that they hadn't really gone over much in his past two years. Oh well, he'd learn by action! "Everte statum!" he called out.

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

Carry on, carry on

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:17 pm
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Slytherin/Second Year/Single/Half-blood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Edajin nodded quietly while David explained the procedure, then proceeded to follow him through the appropriate form. Turning and taking his steps, his mind wandered through all of the spells he knew, deciding on which would be the most effective. One his fifth step, he turned, pointed his wand toward David and swiftly uttered his incantation, "Vox Dementis!" Clearly a defensive spell, if cast correctly, it would cause David to start babbling like an idiot. Which, according to Edajin's logic, would render him unable to coherently speak a single incantation. The boy smirked slowly. His father had told him that the best victory was the battle not fought. If he could render his opponent unable to retaliate, the victory would be his.

With: David Clarisse

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:12 am
User ImageUser Image

Halfblood Fourth Year Single

Please just follow me. I thought you wanted me.
                                                          Cause I
                                                          want you all to myself. Make me feel

Darius got moved his wand quickly."Protego"He called using the shield charm to deflect the spell.

Darius thought of what spell he could use to. He did not want to end the duel right away but his spells where limited and he was not about to make fire. Darius seemed to have a bad time everytime someone made a fire spell."Glacius"He called pointing at the boy as cold air shot out of his wand moving at Tobi.

OOC: ...

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
                                                          This isn't what I
                                                          wanted, but I can't keep my filthy

Xistund

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:02 am

User Image

xxxxxxx_____________________________________

xxxxxxx Photographer || Half Blood || Taken by Tobi
xxxxxxx_____________________________________

Bradley slipped into the crowded and loud club. His camera held up. Pictures for the newspaper. Yes, that was his excuse to be here. In reality the Ravenclaw was worried that his over-excitable boyfriend could get himself hurt with this club. He looked around the room to see Tobi dueling an older boy in Slytherin robes. This worried the crystal eyed boy. Tobi was only a third year! Why was he paired with someone older? "Tobi..." he said as he snapped a picture of the dueling crowd. while keeping an eye on his boyfriend. Gah! Tobi you better not hurt yourself! he thought as he saw the Slytherin cast a spell at him,

Seems like there's always someone who disapproves
They'll judge it like they know about me and you
And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do
The jury's out, but my choice is you
So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:46 pm
User Image
User Image

Jarlath entered the club practice area, it seemed they had already started. He frowned as he looked at the dueling groups. There were only two pairs dueling, but a bit more people there... was this how it was run? Observe and then show it? "I guess I am late." he muttered as he sat down, watching, his wand in his hands. I came her because I wanted to duel.. and I'm just sitting here... he thought dejectedly.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:29 pm
Who's gonna FIGHT for what's RIGHT
Who's gonna HELP us SURVIVE
We're in the FIGHT of our LIVES
And we're not READY to DIE
Who's gonna FIGHT for the WEAK
Who's gonna MAKE 'em BELIEVE
I've GOT a HERO
LIVING in ME

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN FIFTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
It's just another war: Nervous | Just another family torn: First meeting... please don't end in chaos... | Just a step from the edge: No one | Just another day in the world we live in: Clocktower Courtyard |

Marina glanced over at the growing crowd of onlookers. One seemed to be taking photos, presumably for the school newspaper, and the rest were all first years. "You're all welcome to watch," she called over to them. "But this club is second year and up, sorry everyone." Of course the year after the rule was changed to second year and up a bunch of first years wanted to join. But they didn't actually know any spells... and she didn't want to see them get hurt when they hadn't even had their wands for a whole year. She stepped into one of the dueling circles, looking calmly at Amanda. She gave a small bow and turned and walked five steps back, the turned back around. "Whenever you're ready," she told the older girl.

INTELLIGENCE without AMBITION is a BIRD without WINGS

kiska166

I'm gonna FIGHT for what's RIGHT
Today I'm SPEAKING my MIND
And if it KILLS me TONIGHT
I will be READY to DIE
I've gotta FIGHT TODAY
To LIVE another DAY
SPEAKING my mind TODAY
My VOICE will be heard TODAY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:20 pm
User Image

Amanda smirked when Marina said she would be pairing up with her. At least she actually liked the girl, but that may be because she is in Slytherin and only one year younger than Amanda. The Quidditch captain found most of the younger students tolerable most of the times, but sometimes, they were plain annoying; however, the ones who were around her age were fine. At least the Slytherins, anyway. Those were really the only ones she associated herself with though. Might as well have some fun, she thought, recalling what spells she had learned. "Perdopilus!" the blonde shouted once the Head of the club motioned for her to begin. The hair loss curse was always a fun spell to use, and what other time was she really going to have a chance to use it?

((OOC: sorry, didn't know the duels started!))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:36 pm
I've GOT a HERO
LIVING in ME

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
User Image
It's just another war: Nervous | Just another family torn: First meeting... please don't end in chaos... | Just a step from the edge: No one | Just another day in the world we live in: Clocktower Courtyard |

Marina felt a familiar adrenaline rush as the duel began. She really needed this, because big surprise, dueling people was an excellent stress reliever. At least for her. Normal people probably took up yoga or something. Amanda didn't waste any time in getting started, and the curse hit the redhead full on. She reeled back a step, fiery locks falling to the ground, but was seemingly unaffected by the fact that her hair was falling out. She could just grow it back with magic after the duel anyways. "Furnunculus!" she called out almost happily, wand dancing through the air.

((It's fine, happened to me before))

kiska166

I will be READY to DIE
I've gotta FIGHT TODAY
To LIVE another DAY
SPEAKING my mind TODAY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:03 pm
User Image

Amanda raised her eyebrows at Marina's reaction to her hair loss. She didn't seem the least bit angry. In fact, she pretty much sang the next spell which fired directly at the blonde. Ugh, gross! she thought as her body began to break out in boils. These are worse than pimples. The sixth year wouldn't let that distract her from her objective: to hit Marina with spells. Well, that was rather specific and mean. The real objective was to practice aiming and firing spells, but that seemed a lot more like work and not as fun. "Densaugeo!" she shouted, aiming her wand as quickly as she could at the redhead in front of her. No hair and big teeth? That had to make up for the red swellings which grew larger all over Amanda's body.

((OOC: We should come up with some kind of dueling system with dice. o3o Well, only if you want to obviously cause it's your club xD))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:28 pm
I've GOT a HERO
LIVING in ME

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
User Image

Marina had experienced rapidly growing teeth before, and she didn't fancy them again. This time she was a little more successful in blocking them. "Protego!" A shield blossom in front of her for a few moments, deflecting the hex. It vanished a second later. She grimaced briefly at the sight of the blonde girl's boils, before yelling "Tarantallegra!" Was Amanda good dancer? Well, both of them were about to find out.

((Technically Essy's, as one of her characters started it but yeah. We need some sort of system like the Quidditch one, only simpler since it's just spells going back and forth.))

kiska166

I will be READY to DIE
I've gotta FIGHT TODAY
To LIVE another DAY
SPEAKING my mind TODAY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:05 pm
User Image

Amanda nodded when Marina successfully blocked her attempt at giving the girl enormous teeth. When the redhead fired the dancing hex at the girl, she failed to think quickly; therefore, she was hit with it. Immediately, and completely against her will, the blonde's body sprang into action as if music was playing. In reality, it had been fairly quiet minus all the students shouting spells at each other. Oh, bloody Christ! As her body danced, Amanda wore a straight, unimpressed expression on her visage. As soon as she was able to take control of herself again, the girl swished her wand in Marina's direction and exclaimed, "Arion Vomito!" Hopefully, this would get her for the embarrassment.

((OOC: do you know if she has come up with anything or if she wants to?))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:06 pm
I've GOT a HERO
LIVING in ME

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
User Image
It's just another war: Disgusted | Just another family torn: Yay, more slug vomiting... | Just a step from the edge: Amanda | Just another day in the world we live in: Clocktower Courtyard |

Marina mentally groaned. Not slugs again... She unsuccessfully tried to dodge the curse, but it still hit her. Between retches, she coughed out a "Vox Dementis!" while trying to hopefully vomit out all of the slugs currently in her body. Dueling was not for the faint of heart or weak of stomach.

((No idea. I know some user was trying to make one, but that was a long time ago and I don't think they're active anymore.))

kiska166

I will be READY to DIE
I've gotta FIGHT TODAY
To LIVE another DAY
SPEAKING my mind TODAY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:41 pm
Well I woke up to the sound of silence
And cries were cutting like knives in a fist fight
And I found you with a bottle of wine
Your head in the curtains
And heart like the Fourth of July

User ImageUser Image
Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Hufflepuff ☠ BeaterLionel

Tobi blinked at the sudden shield before barely moving out of the way of Darius' spell and began to shiver uncontrollably from the chill air. Thinking quickly he remembered a spell he had seen in a joke book he'd found in the library and pointed his wand at the older Slytherin. "Cantis!" the 'Puff really hoped the spell would work.

[OOC: spell here
Xistund

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

Carry on, carry on

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:31 pm
User ImageUser Image

Halfblood Fourth Year Single

Please just follow me. I thought you wanted me.
                                                          Cause I
                                                          want you all to myself. Make me feel

Darius did not even know what this spell was and when it slammed into him it, it caught him off guard. He bent over feeling his throat trying to move and he tried to fight it but before long he started sing a haunting version of Paint it black

Once the song was over he cursed a bit and pointed his wand at the boy."Densaugeo"He hoped making the boys Teeth bigger then his mouth may make it hard to cast a spell back at him.

OOC: ...

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
                                                          This isn't what I
                                                          wanted, but I can't keep my filthy

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff