Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
To be a little more Aussie ... *dreamy sigh* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New poll!
  Whoop! *slides down poll*
  *mollests poll for 10g*
View Results

WarriorShadow

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:22 am
Since Emwah left it out

Zebra: In the late 1800's a Crazy english hunter imported about 200 Zebra (thats almost a whole herd!) Into Australia, He began to breed them in his little ranch thing (somewhere nort of adelaide) eventually he discovered that it was just way to expensive to breed zebra just for the thrill of killing them. So, he let the zebra go.

The herd, now numbering some 350 indivuduals Migrated north (At that time there was nothing to stop them) Where they began to adapt to their new enviroment. Their normal grass eating tendancies took on a more Carniverous approach when it became clear that there was little to no Water/grass. Many a Aboriginal tribe was wiped out by the Zebra over the next few decades, untill roughly 1910 when the Zerba seemingly Disappeared. In recent years, there have been a few "sightings" of Zebra roaming the vast plains between Alice Springs and Adelaide. But sadly, much like Flying Whales and Aliens, the Government continues to cover this up.  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:24 am
Just like the pumas 3nodding  

EmWah
Crew

WarriorShadow

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:32 am
EmWah
Just like the pumas 3nodding

Would they be the Tree Pumas, or the Aqua Pumas, or maybe the ordinary Pumas?  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:48 am
Regular pumas. Pumas and panthers. I dunno about up your end, but around here there's stacks of reported sightings, but you know, no conclusive evidence. It's rumored that they escaped from circuses, or were the mascots that American troops from WW2 left behind.  

EmWah
Crew

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:21 am
EmWah
Regular pumas. Pumas and panthers. I dunno about up your end, but around here there's stacks of reported sightings, but you know, no conclusive evidence. It's rumored that they escaped from circuses, or were the mascots that American troops from WW2 left behind.

No-one really believes, because no-one really has solid evidence. It wouldn't surprise me, but I dunno about large predators: there isn't really much large enough game to sustain them, unless the deer are big enough, or Kangaroos if they take them on.  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:00 pm
Deer are fecking huge dude! You should see the stag's head in my spare bed! ($500 if anyone's interested) It'd be almost a metre just from the base of the neck to the tip of the nose. Bloody huge. And there's more than enough kangaroos and wallabies for big predators to catch. There's thousands if not millions of the things in pretty much every environment Australia has to offer. I'd like to think there are a few big cats out there. It would make bush walking alot more interesting if we had some big predator to be scared of.

I wish we had bears. Bears are awesome.  

EmWah
Crew

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:23 pm
Next questions to fire at ya!

First, Stig Wemyss. Is he hated, or is he popular? I find it hard to tell. I know he's famous down there, at least for his voice acting if not his comedy routines (which I have to see, btw, so if anyone has any suggestions, that'd be bonza!). However, I've heard many a negative thing about his fame, and many a compliment as well. So I'm putting it to you guys as to what you think the majority vote would be.

Also, Paul Hogan. *prays nothing gets thrown at her* I seem to do a lot of ducking while expecting to be hit by flying objects. Anywho, I know he's not thought of very highly down there, but I want to know the whole story. This is what I've learned from mates in the past:

-his movies make Aussies look like a bunch of idiot hicks (that's pretty obvious, though, and a kind of silly reason to hate him when you have that git Steve Irwin running amok down there too, but he's loved)

-he left his Aussie wife for a much younger American girl

That's all I know, however. While I can understand an actor being despised for the latter reason, it still seems to me to be a rather trivial thing hate a fellow countryman for. Anyone feel like shedding a little light on this for me? 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:02 am
Never head of Stig guy.

Paul Hogan - He's alright. Really I don't think that many people hate him, we're more embarrassed by him than anything. Mostly it's because of the whole portraying us as idot hick thing, rather than the wife thing.

Steve Irwin? Who loves Steve Irwin?! I sure don't. He's more embarrassing than Paul Hogan! Sometimes I think he likes the crocodiles a little too much if you know what I mean wink  

EmWah
Crew

JewelsSparkle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:43 am
I agree with EmWah, I've never actually met anyone who likes Steve Irwin. Ever. I've spoken to some online, but that's it. My siblings & I used to watch his show in the hope that something would bite him (apparantly a shark did once... in the 2 minutes I was out of the room making a cup of tea!), lol!

Paul Hogan: Don't hate him. He's more just seen as a daggy old fogey & we're just worried that people think that all Aussies are like him in his silly movies.

Stig Wemyss: Umm.. who? Never heard of him....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:44 am
I do not mind Steve Irwin.. he likes the environment, has a cute wife
and spends tiem with his Kids...

Not sure I would want to sit next to him on a long haul flight though.  

Ozumou

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:57 pm
Those quarantine ads make me laugh. When he says that Australia is the "greatest wildlife sancturary on Earth". Hahaha. Our track record with loss of biodiversity is atrocious. Something like 60% of Australia is farmland... Last time I checked farms weren't very wildlife friendly. Around 13% of Australia is made up of protected areas (National parks, heritage areas etc) But it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that the whole Australia is a sanctuary.

I guess he was paid to say that, but anyway, it's wrong. SHHHH I'm pedantic sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:50 am
Drop bears!

eek  

WarriorShadow

Rigor Mortis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:03 am
OMG! Do like...uhh panda bears live in australia!?
lol
j/k
One question I've always had is "does anyone know of the prime minister that fell into the ocean and just...dissappeared from the historybooks."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:25 pm
Well, everyone knows about it, just no one actually knows what happened to him.

They never found a body, no one knew what happened. One minute he was there and the next he was gone. He didn't dissappear from the history books, he just dissapeared from the planet.  

EmWah
Crew

zjiujiu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:31 pm
ninja now if you can share the name of the guy... it would be a hoot

The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items