Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply ♒ [ Hidden Mist Village } Kirigakure (Sero'd, closed)
[木] SERO | Canopy || Mizukage's Office Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:52 pm
User Image
E I G H T E E N C O U R A G E O U S W A R R I O R

K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
I'm broken, lying helpless, shattered, surrounded by the world. And yet you're smiling bright, completely blind to life.

R A I K A G E B U K I J U T S U - B L O O D L I N E H A K E M O T O

I'm breakable, unbreakable. I'm shaking yet unshakable.

[x] Jack used a lot of words to explain something simple, though I wasn't entirely sure he noticed he spoke so much; we were very different people, myself and him. Whereas his words and actions were thought out carefully and tactically, meant to avoid confrontation, as was shown in his slender frame, my words and trust were based on action. I needed to see to believe because words only went so far. I, and most of Kumogakure, preferred to strike first and ask questions later, as it seemed to save the most lives. Except for when the shinobi sat around in, say, cocoons instead of saving citizens. If someone wanted my trust and my respect, they first had to prove themselves worthy of it, and as of yet few had. I only hoped that they would listen to Wan better than they had me.

That nagging insecurity that I'd felt ever since taking the title of Raikage crept to the forefront of my mind, and again I couldn't figure out why I'd been chosen over Wan.

Pushing it away for the moment, my gaze fell back to the mark on my arm while Jack over-explained its capabilities. It was a fuuinjutsu limited by imagination, and the mind was an endless place. That was all I really needed to know as far as technicalities went. I was a warrior who used cold steel as a primary weapon; although I understood to an extent how Ninjutsu worked and avoided Genjutsu like a plague, the intricacies of each were meaningless to me. I just needed to be told what to do and how to do it, and that was good enough for me. The Mizukage went on to talk about the purpose of the alliance: to come to each other's aid in times of need and to avoid conflict with one another. I didn't have any issues with that. It seemed like we had our hands full without worrying about the other villages, save Konoha. After all, the Hokage appeared and then vanished conveniently when we needed his help. After that everything is still a bit hazy. Still, my trust did not come easily because of it.

But Kirigakure had been our allies for years. And, after all, I'd come to Jack, not the other way around.

After a brief look at the foggy map of the Land of Lightning, my eyes finally returned to Jack. He was dodging answers but it was clear that even after my offers there was still something he wanted. And that feeling was reflected in my own eyes, I was sure. His defenses could stop attacks from within permanently. Kumogakure could become the power it once was again, so long as we had the time to build up to it. A small grin leaked into my expression. "In case you couldn't tell by now, words and politics aren't my strong suits. I fight and I defend. Jack, you thrive off of knowledge; it doesn't take a trained eye to figure that out. So... why don't we take it a step further." If trust was an issue in my eyes, I just had to make sure he didn't have a reason to break it. "Instead of an alliance, why not a partnership. I'm sure it will cause some strife with the other villages." I gestured first to myself and then to him as I continued. "But with our strength and your tactics we could fend off anything they throw at us." My outstretched hand curled into a fist and I let it fall back to my side. I couldn't deny that part of my request was selfish but after losing nearly twenty percent of the population and seeing the hatred that had grown in the eyes of my people, I needed to defend those that remained by any means possible. Besides, trade would help a failing economy on both sides. Unless someone became an aggressor between us, I couldn't imagine the peace between us would end easily.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:
☁ Elemental Uchigatana [Raiton]
☁ UHV Shield

Lanfaer

I don't want to hurt you, it's not my nature. A monster born from dusk to dawn can't be your savior.

┃☁ a c | 58550
┃☁ r y o | 20000
┃☁ c h a k r a | 1185 / 1185
┃☁ s t a m i n a | 960 / 960
┃☁ t r a n c e | 25 / 25
┃☁ m o o d | agitated
┃☁ h e a l t h | exhausted
┃☁ i n j u r i e s | none

Artwork and character © Taorito  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:41 pm
User Image
User Image
xxJack Harren Snipe xxxx
xxRank :: Jounin // Village :: Kirigakure no Satoxxxx

Chakra Pool :: 1,140||1,340______AC :: 18,300
Stamina Pool :: 575||575______Ryo :: 52,000 [20,000 In Bank]
Sage Chakra :: 447||447

-----[ T ]o the Hyuuga's eyes the entire world lit up as if at a winter solstice celebration. The walls, the wood itself, and the tree from whence it came pulsed with a chakra he'd never seen before. The immensity of it would be mind boggling, for the structure was part of a megastructure that stretched across the entire village with a complexity that simply couldn't be described. Even from here the visual range and accuracy of the Byakuugan would only reveal that whatever was going on, it encompassed everything within the village, including the people of the village, but what it did, and the nature of the chakras, remained a mystery.
          -----And as he looked around the creaking of wood announced the presence of someone entering from further down the chamber. There, the door to the office swung open, a darkness deeper than black within. The secretary pushed back her long, blond hair with a swipe of her delicate hand before adjusting the small spectacles to stare at the older Genin carefelly. "The Mizukage asks that you join him at your convenience. I suggest that you release your Byakuugan, Kirama, as you might not like exactly what it is that you see there with it." With such a dire warning you'd think there would be spite, or worry, or even a bit of caution within her tone. Instead there was only mild emotion, the rest filled with unabated boredom. Sapphire eyes stared at him for only a moment longer before turning them towards her clipboard where notes were coming from the Mizukage within.

-----Jack's eyes widened as he scanned the letter, startlement dawning across his expression for the first time in weeks. Sunagakure had been one of the few villages he had decided not to actively pursue friendship with, for while he had great respect for the current Kazekage he knew that any attempt at an alliance would end in failure. After seeing what it was that the Kazekage's significant other felt about their chances, the arrogance and bloodthirstiness he had shown, Jack knew that their village ideologies were clearly not in alignment. From that day he had simply respected their distance and left it at that, and offered no possible terms for agreement or alliance. As such, the idea that his village was on the Kazekage's mind at all surprised him, and offered several possibilities.
          -----Placing it down upon his desk, allowing the paper to turn into ash and reform within the cabinets beneath the building, Jack considered the best course of action. A Chunin exam was definitely needed for some of his genin whom he felt were, unfortunately, experienced well in circumstances any Chunin would have had trouble with. Of course, their actual strength did not fit their experience, which meant training would need to become a significantly higher priority. The training of one's mind and individual skills took precedence with his plans, yet he knew that was clearly not the focus of other villages. No, seeing Sunagakure's shinobi in action had convinced him of the war-like path they took through life. Not that there was no merit to such an approach, just that Jack found violence abhorrent for the most part, and in this case that made any fight against his own relatively useless.
          -----Sighing carefully, Jack turned to his desk and tapped out instructions to his secretary to send out messages to the squad leaders. Each was to complete their mission, file reports, and assume training. Each was to have their genin select techniques to learn, assign a Chunin to observe them, and convene here to speak with him directly. As he did so, he noted that the next Genin may enter, a name he recognized briefly upon a list of new recruits. Taking a deep breath, sitting back, Jack changed the walls of his abode slightly. Opaque once more, the walls became as pearl, with golden veins running through their interior. Should someone knowledgeable of cartography take notice, it would become clear that the gold veins were, in fact, map lines, with different colors of gemstone worked in to create a perfect map of Kirigakure no Sato and Mizu no Kuni. Such a map, were it real, would have caused any and all concerns of wealth for the village's foreseeable future to be null and void.
          -----And so he waited, hoping that this boy would find his offered opening of the door as the gesture of welcome that it was intended to be.
          -----

►► |•| O. O. C. |•| ◄◄

|•| Passives |•|
► Genni Genjutsu [ Strengthen Genjutsu ]
By having the Sakkakugan active during a genjutsu, the user powers up the technique to the point where it can no longer be discerned as real or fake by non-Sakkakugan doujutsu. In addition to this, if the afflicted manages to find out they are in a genjutsu, it will require an additional [15] chakra for them to activate Kai. It also takes as much to use this technique.
► Izumi no Seirei → Custom Belt Buckle
Triples the recovery of chakra/stamina, the amount of which depends upon the method used [Must use listed methods in guild rules for base recovery cost]

► Tattoos and Contingencies → Open Spoiler

||→|| [All Tattooed techniques are stored using the Time Sealing technique, and made permanent by Tattooing and set storage length to "9,000 Years". Activation requires chakra to be placed into it via Contingency or direct use, but fuinjutsu never fades due to it being tattooed] ||←||

► [Chain] Contingency || → A fourth dimensional object tattooed upon a two dimensional plane, it causes a slight headache when looked at for too long.
Has several triggers locked within it that can activate depending on actions taken. The triggers are listed below, as well as the effect that occurs. Unless triggered effect is awakened, fuinjutsu does not appear to be a technique in nature, though double sensors will see a faint trace of chakra within the formation of the technique. Read technique description for more information.
• When right pinky is curled into a ball, but the other fingers are not, activate False Place Technique fuinjutsu, placed left of the Contingency tattoo, as per direction. Unless otherwise specified by twitching the right big toe at time of casting, Genjutsu will draw from Tensa Fuin above heart for upkeep.
• When the middle right part of upper lip is nipped with teeth, activate Voice of Persuasion fuinjutsu, placed just above belly button. If left upper lip is nipped with teeth, activate Voice of Terror instead. Unless otherwise specified by the twitching of the right big toe at time of casting, Genjutsu will draw from Tensa Fuin on right wrist for upkeep.
• When left foot is angled at a nine o' clock orientation while the right is at a one o' clock orientation, activate Scattering Ashes fuinjutsu placed above the center Contingency tattoo after two second delay. If "stay" is spoken before time is up, this Chain is stopped. At time of casting, destination must be within Jack's mind, else the fuinjutsu is set to transport Jack and all in contact with him to his Island. If successive casting is required for destination to be reached, cost is paid automatically. Unless otherwise specified by the twitching of the right big toe at time of casting, jutsu will draw from Tensa Fuin to the above right of the Contingency.

► Tensa Fuin || → Tesseract Tattooed to the Upper Right of the Contingency
Allows the storage, and retrieval, of Energy such as Chakra, Sage Chakra, and Stamina within it, without limit.
_____→ {2 5, 6 0 0cp} // {1 6, 6 6 2sp} // {1 4, 7 7 7sc}
► Tensa Fuin || → Tesseract Carved Into Cane Just Beneath Cap
Allows the storage, and retrieval, of Energy such as Chakra, Sage Chakra, and Stamina within it, without limit.
► Scattering the Ashes || → Shape of small candle flame above Contingency
Acts as technique of the same name when Trigger is activated or chakra placed into it.
► Voice of Persuasion || → Violin shape three inches below heart Contingency tattoo.
Acts as jutsu of the same name
► Voice of Terror || → Mask of fear shape three inches below heart Contingency tattoo, just right of Voice of Persuasion
Acts as Jutsu of the same name
► False Place Technique || → Standing Mirror shape three inches below heart Contingency tattoo, just left of Voice of Persuasion
Acts as jutsu of the same name.

► Kokohi no Jutsu [ False Place Technique ] || → Anime C Rank [Set to Trigger]
Kokohi no Jutsu is a simple Genjutsu technique which changes the appearance of a nearby object. The object is no larger than a human, maximum, and can be interacted with as if it were the appearance given.

|•| Techniques Used |•|

|•| Techniques Active |•|

Nueromancer JMan240

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"I Must Drag Truth Kicking and Screaming into the Light"
"I Will Show You What You Truly Are"
"The Savior... or the Beast..."

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Rocket Punches

Dapper Hunter

2,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Launch Party 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
Much to his dismay, Kirama found himself unable to discern the technique or mechanism behind the mysterious portraits. He stood with a slightly dejected sigh, his vision zooming out to quickly survey to village as the secretary pointed him towards the office. It couldn't hurt to know if there was some piece of interesting info to bring with him, though he found little of interest and deactivated his dojutsu as suggested. "I was much more interest in the machinations of your portraits." The teen stated plainly as he passed the desk, heading towards the office.

The trip down the hall was met with an interesting sight, shifting color on the other side of the now open portal. Black melding into white as the Hyuga drew closer. As he entered it was clear the color was a bit more than what it seemed. Pearlescent, perhaps even the real deal, inlaid with numerous other materials. Quite showy, and for anyone else likely a mystery. "A map of the village. I'd call it gaudy, but, well, I don't think you called in for opinions on your... art." It was clear he'd long since grasped the nuances of being older, though perhaps not all of the intricacies of proper tact. His trip came to a close before the man and his desk, just about the only place it could have. An arm folded gently across his chest as he gave a bow, featureless eyes tracing their way back up to meet the eyes of the strange man called Jack. "Kirama Hyuga, reporting for duty, Lord Mizukage." And so the wait began. Ever so slightly tense, ever so slightly awkward.

Lanfaer

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:49 pm
User Image
User Image
xxJack Harren Snipe xxxx
xxRank :: Jounin // Village :: Kirigakure no Satoxxxx

Chakra Pool :: 1,140||1,340______AC :: 18,300
Stamina Pool :: 575||575______Ryo :: 52,000 [20,000 In Bank]
Sage Chakra :: 447||447

-----[ T ]he Raikage began to speak, and Jack fell silent and still. To say that he had points would be an understatement, for Jack valued knowledge and intelligence over just about anything, for with those two fighting became unnecessary and wasteful. Still, Kaileer was right that he could supply what Jack lacked, if only they worked as a partnership instead of alliance. The possibilities with such a tie were great: alliances were for non-aggression, but a partnership was forged with the intent of brotherhood. Tying two villages together in such a way was not only difficult, but a slap in the face of tradition and politics. It was, at its core, exactly what they needed. Eyes on Kaileer I felt I understood him better than ever: like himself, Kaileer would do anything for his people, without sacrificing their integrity and dignity. Cocking his head to the side, the Mizukage nodded slowly and held out a hand. "I concur. Together, our villages will be strong. My suggestion, then, if perhaps would should start this off with a joint venture. For quite some time I have wondered at returning the Chunin Exams to an international level. Perhaps we may have one, and while our Genin fight for a title you and I discuss what it is we wish to do together. Discuss our strengths, weaknesses, and how to best go about fixing them."

-----Emerald eyes scanned the features of this newest genin, interest hidden behind the vague smirk he bore that gave viewers the feeling he knew far, far too much about them. More than he had a right to, actually. That it was mostly false remained a mystery to all who knew him save one or two, and even then it was difficult to tell. Jack simply bore that strange aura with pride, or rather, indifference, for it definitely had its uses. Either way, he continued to stare until it became slightly awkward, at which point he gestured to the chair before him. While he had been waiting he had come up with an idea for a response to the missive from Sunagakure. It would take a bit of time to write, but once he was done the response would be immediately. Instead, he finally spoke to the boy, though only after he had sat. "Greetings. I am Jack Harren Snipe, your Mizukage. I have not had the time to get to know all the prospective recruits to our fold in recent months, so I would ask that you not judge me harshly when I ask that you tell me more about yourself."
          -----
          -----
          -----
          -----
          -----

►► |•| O. O. C. |•| ◄◄

|•| Passives |•|
By having the Sakkakugan active during a genjutsu, the user powers up the technique to the point where it can no longer be discerned as real or fake by non-Sakkakugan doujutsu. In addition to this, if the afflicted manages to find out they are in a genjutsu, it will require an additional [15] chakra for them to activate Kai. It also takes as much to use this technique.
Triples the recovery of chakra/stamina, the amount of which depends upon the method used [Must use listed methods in guild rules for base recovery cost]

||→|| [All Tattooed techniques are stored using the Time Sealing technique, and made permanent by Tattooing and set storage length to "9,000 Years". Activation requires chakra to be placed into it via Contingency or direct use, but fuinjutsu never fades due to it being tattooed] ||←||

► [Chain] Contingency || → A fourth dimensional object tattooed upon a two dimensional plane, it causes a slight headache when looked at for too long.
Has several triggers locked within it that can activate depending on actions taken. The triggers are listed below, as well as the effect that occurs. Unless triggered effect is awakened, fuinjutsu does not appear to be a technique in nature, though double sensors will see a faint trace of chakra within the formation of the technique. Read technique description for more information.
• When right pinky is curled into a ball, but the other fingers are not, activate False Place Technique fuinjutsu, placed left of the Contingency tattoo, as per direction. Unless otherwise specified by twitching the right big toe at time of casting, Genjutsu will draw from Tensa Fuin above heart for upkeep.
• When the middle right part of upper lip is nipped with teeth, activate Voice of Persuasion fuinjutsu, placed just above belly button. If left upper lip is nipped with teeth, activate Voice of Terror instead. Unless otherwise specified by the twitching of the right big toe at time of casting, Genjutsu will draw from Tensa Fuin on right wrist for upkeep.
• When left foot is angled at a nine o' clock orientation while the right is at a one o' clock orientation, activate Scattering Ashes fuinjutsu placed above the center Contingency tattoo after two second delay. If "stay" is spoken before time is up, this Chain is stopped. At time of casting, destination must be within Jack's mind, else the fuinjutsu is set to transport Jack and all in contact with him to his Island. If successive casting is required for destination to be reached, cost is paid automatically. Unless otherwise specified by the twitching of the right big toe at time of casting, jutsu will draw from Tensa Fuin to the above right of the Contingency.

Acts as technique of the same name when Trigger is activated or chakra placed into it.
► Voice of Persuasion || → Violin shape three inches below heart Contingency tattoo.
► Voice of Terror || → Mask of fear shape three inches below heart Contingency tattoo, just right of Voice of Persuasion
► False Place Technique || → Standing Mirror shape three inches below heart Contingency tattoo, just left of Voice of Persuasion

Kokohi no Jutsu is a simple Genjutsu technique which changes the appearance of a nearby object. The object is no larger than a human, maximum, and can be interacted with as if it were the appearance given.

|•| Techniques Used |•|

Nueromancer JMan240

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Rocket Punches

Dapper Hunter

2,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Launch Party 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
Jack would find this particular genin a bit harder to fluster than with a simple stare, uneasy as it may have been. Or, perhaps it was better put that Kirama was great at hiding it, even when he felt it. As an outsider he was used to this feeling, he'd already had it before coming in here. Jack's potential to perpetuate it didn't necessarily intensify it. The boy moved simply, precisely, sliding the bow off his back and laying it across his lap as he took a seat. The single arrow affixed lightly parallel to its string via easily broken ties rattling against the taught length of wire ever so slightly. It couldn't be said that this particular Genin was unprepared to respond quickly. His hands threaded together in front of himself as he listened to Jack's request. "You know my name. Aside from that my family move here from the Land of Fire just before the age I would normally have joined the Academy. The rebuilding process offered us more opportunity for advancement than a crowded and rigid Konohagakure, or so my father tells me. As for me personally, I specialize in Taijutsu and bow based Bukijutsu." The boy said as he returned Jack's stare with featureless white eyes, hands sliding into his large sleeves so he could rest his arms closer. Short of staring into rather grabby depths of an active sharingan and its pesky visual genjutsu, there was hardly a pair of eyes that one would achieve less from staring into than a Hyuga's. Might as well look for a spark in the eye of a corpse, though Kirama was wary considering he didn't know the extent of the man's abilities. He started considering bouncing the question back, but caught himself in a moment of divine resilience. Best not to bait out a response from the leader of the village, as curious as the young Hyuga tended to be.

Lanfaer

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:02 pm
User Image

I'm broken, lying helpless, shattered, surrounded by the world. And yet you're smiling bright, completely blind to life.

[x] The more I spoke to the man, the more I understood, to some extent, the way that he thought. Obviously, he did what he thought was best for his village; all of the kage upheld that, ideally. But beyond that, logic drove every decision, regardless if it was right or wrong, or threatening to another way of life. In this case, taking such a drastic leap could lead to strife with the other two villages, but some part of me didn't care. I wanted peace but first I had to stop the attacks that seemed to come one after another. The defense of the people that lived in my lands came first and foremost, and the only reason anyone would have a reason to attack in otherwise peaceful land was if they were looking for power through expansion. UHV aside, we hadn't done anything to instigate retaliation, so if one of the other villages struck, it was for their own greed, not ours.

The proposition of a partnership wasn't without its own internal issues. As far as I was aware, neither village's shinobi knew each other, which could lead to contention. Preferably healthy rivalry, but given the actions the genin after the last few events, I was less than impressed with them and expectations had dropped to the bottom rung of the ladder. That in itself would take some time to fix. Still, training with members from another village could be good for them.

I watched Jack extend his hand to me as he spoke. He suggested a Chuunin Exam; I'd heard about them while in the academy, but none had occurred since I received my headband. I'd been kind of lucky in general getting to where I was. I definitely didn't disagree with the idea; the genin of Kumo seemed to have an abundant amount of angst they needed to blow off, so maybe something like an Exam would do them well. "Maybe we could even do something for the chuunin, too. I don't think many of the newer shinobi have really faced against another of equal rank." Taking the offered hand, another half-hearted grin plastered itself to my face. I couldn't help feeling we'd rushed to an agreement when just a moment before I was angry. Naivety stood at its strongest between two kages who had no idea what they were doing, and both of us could only hope we'd made the right choice.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:
☁ UHV Shield

Lanfaer

I don't want to hurt you, it's not my nature. A monster born from dusk to dawn can't be your savior.

┃☁ a c | 58550
┃☁ r y o | 20000
┃☁ t r a n c e | 25 / 25
┃☁ m o o d | relieved

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:30 pm
User Image
User Image
xxJack Harren Snipe xxxx
xxBody Rank :: A - ranked // Title :: Mizukage (Konin) // Village :: Kirigakure no Satoxxxx

Chakra Pool :: 1, 565||1, 565______AC :: 60, 000
Stamina Pool :: 705||705______Ryo :: 100,000 [20,000 In Bank]
Sage Chakra :: 488||488

-----[ U ]tilizing the outstretched hand as a means of counterbalance, Jack pulled himself to his feet and smile, standing at last. While no reflection of his pain showed, the Mizukage still took note of the ache in his joints, in his very bones, and realized that his original would need to sleep soon, and rest for a long time. If he did not Kirigakure might well find itself short a Mizukage far sooner than originally intended. Keeping such thoughts and meanderings to himself, he returned his hand to his side and gestured for Kaileer to follow him out of the conference room, leaving the food trays behind. "I have many ideas for such things, and I find it agreeable that it was you, and not I, to come up with the concept in the first place." Each step elicited a groan from the wooden floors as his cane tapped out a smooth rhythm of step. "Let me ask you, then, as one brother-kage to another, a question to help me understand you as a person. What drives you as a Shinobi?"
          -----Stepping through the doorway, Jack hesitated but a moment to take in the sudden change of scents and wildlife. Here, within the heart of the Sero Tree, life blossomed in such a way as to break the heart for joy. Everywhere one looked there was life...Stopping, the Mizukage continued through the door and out onto the wooden surface of the tree, his expression one of wonder and curiosity. Eyes sparkled in the sunlight that beamed through the foliage above as he continued onwards, deeper into the base of the branches.
          -----"Most Genin, I find, lust for power, for recognition, to make a name for themselves. In other words, for selfish reasons. Even Chunin find themselves cut from this cloth, with experience only mildly tempering their burning desires."
          -----Here, the songs and warbling of a myriad of avian species rained down from above, each step bringing one closer to their climactic point. The wood hear was less shaped, more wild, with moss and growths springing from its surface. A small ecosystem, tucked away and hidden within protection of the villages guardian spirit. Here, Jack walked with a slowed pace, the cane tapping lighter and quieter than he normally would have. Being here, oddly, brought a sense of peace to him he could never explain. Was it, perhaps, that from this place the office could not be seen, nor the stairs or lifts? Could it be that the oceanic call of the Land's namesake played across the branches to make a unique song so beautiful and vague that yet brought the feeling of eternity? Perhaps it was the little creatures, the strange beasts, the monstrosities and the mundane that called this place their home? Even Jack could not say.
          -----"What I find is that the rank of Jounin is where those young children find an inkling of their purpose, their goals, that define them as who and what they are. In retrospect one could say that the lessons and answers come too late, but I find that one can never be too late to learn that lesson."
          -----Here, deep in the thickets, it would seem as if they were on another forest, another ancient terrain and land far removed from Kirigakure or Kumogakure, a forest atop a giant tree. Amusing though this may have been to Jack at any other time, this place brought his tone to one of reverence, for it felt...natural, to feel such a way. Turning slowly, coming to a stop at the center of a clearing, Jack looked back at Kaileer with a true smile, though a small one frames by the black hair that fell about his face. "Sometimes people need a push to discover their true selves, that Truth hidden behind a manufactured mask with which to hide oneself from the rest of the world," he mused, the tone of reverence now coupled with genuine curiosity. "So what about you, Kaileer Cain'lys? Who are you behind that mask, and why, of all paths to take, did you choose the one of defending a village of Shinobi?"

-----'Interesting...' came the thought, echoing within Jack's mind, hidden behind familiar barriers. This boy seemed not bothered, showing a bit more surety of one's self than his file recognized. Few could meet his stare without shifting in their seats, even other Jounin and Kages, and yet here this Genin knew how to contain his emotions and reactions into himself. Unique, and...intriguing. The eyes gave no sense of anything, their blankness an inherent trait of his bloodline, and were it not for the antennae, invisible even to Sharingan eyes, he would have had little to go one to gain anything for understanding. As for the boy's words, well...it reminded the Mizukage of something he had yet to put the finishing touches on, the bow he had made for Tetsuya before the boy vanished. Shadow was the next likeliest candidate to attain the item, yet it meant changing a few designs. Thankfully, nothing too costly, or else it would have been prohibitive at past to start over. Sighing internally, marking it down upon the clipboard on his desk, he left a reminder for himself with his secretary before continuing, eyes never leaving the boy's. Perhaps the boy would notice that something moved behind those eyes, though only in a flicker, gone an instant later to make one doubt it had ever been.
          -----Finally, Jack spoke again. "There are many opportunities within this village, young man. In point of fact, I would dare to say that few places in the world could trump it. Trades, I welcome, and our navy grows daily while missions for exploration continue every single morning. One must simply take what is offered, and take risks, to achieve it." Turning his head to look at the map on the walls, they were suddenly gone, leaving the pair sitting upon thin air, with only the chairs Jack and Kirama sat upon, the desk, and a small square of white marble to give them purchase. Below the village spread out, the mists cleared to reveal all. Below, civilians the size of ants moved about busily while the Academy erupted in elements as shinobi trained. These Jack ignored, his gaze returning to the new recruit nonchalantly. "I can tell you have questions for me, Kirama. I assure you, I only speak the truth, and answer where I may. I wish to know you more before assigning you a squadron within my forces, and I assume you wish to know more about your Mizukage. Please, feel free." For the moment he ignored the wind as it rustled his clothing and hair, for it bothered him not, though how Kirama would act when he felt the wind, could taste the salt of the sea, and smell the ocean around them was beyond any guess.
          -----
          -----

►► |•| O. O. C. |•| ◄◄

|•| Passives |•|

|•| Techniques Used |•|

Nueromancer JMan240

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:58 pm
User ImageUser Image
Kirama had to admit, he was rather startled by the change of decorum. It was one thing to shrug off a stare, quite another to not react to suddenly floating over the village in physical form - even though in the back of his mind he knew that to be fake. His feet tucked up instinctively, hands gripping at what appeared to be the only thing between his a** and the ground below. Calming himself, the teen took a moment to muse at his surroundings, peering out over the edge of his seat to look down into the empty air below. Somewhere Jack rumbled on about questions and whatnot, though it was probably the least interesting sensory information the Genin collected. To tell the truth, the Hyuga had little interest in Jack at present. Sure, he was the Mizukage, and that was all well and good, but the boy hardly knew him from a stranger on the street. How was he supposed to form useful, insightful questions from such a small amount of data? No, instead his curiosity would turn to what it always did, the wonders of the world around him. "I'm wondering... If I shot and arrow, would it keep flying like it's normally wont to do, or strike the wall of your office because this is some sort of Genjutsu?" Kirama had always found his Hyuga blood to be fitting of his exploratory nature. Sure, if he'd been born an Uchiha, he'd have the ability - eventually - to unearth the secrets of many a technique. That didn't seem fun though, and even if his eyes didn't work like they normally did in here, he'd still rather search for answers instead of just finding them. As much as it might not interest Jack, Kirama was far more invested in dissecting the workings of the ninja world than the shinobi in it, regardless of their status or stature.

Lanfaer

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rocket Punches

Dapper Hunter

2,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Launch Party 100

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:40 pm
User Image

[x] Jack shook my hand and then used it as leverage to pull himself to his feet, proving him to be more exhausted than he let on. We'd both gone through traumatic experiences recently, and both felt the weight of our villages and every life with in them on our shoulders. If nothing else, we had that in common. Rest was needed. Sleep, at the very least, for a few hours. However that didn't seem to be Jack's intention quite yet. He led the way out of the room and away from the delicious smells that had been taunting me since I arrived. I hadn't actually eaten any of it, not a single bite, and regretted it instantly. My hunger was forgotten not a moment later.

The Mizukage's question caught me off-guard with the suddenness off it. One moment we discussed a chuunin exam, and the next he was asking me existential questions. What drove me? I honestly wasn't sure there was an answer to that anymore. I knew what originally drove me, but after everything that had happened over the last couple of years...I'd begun to question why I kept doing this to myself. And that doubt continued to cling to my conscience like some sort of parasite.

When I didn't answer, Jack continued in moving forward and speaking. He lead the way around the outside of the small hovel of an office and further out onto Sero's canopy until the building was lost to the foliage behind us. Meanwhile, he explained the reasoning for his question, and I agreed with it. It seemed like all anyone was interested in anymore was what was on their agendas. Power, fame, and money drove humankind and the fact it leaked into the shinobi forces who were meant to protect people disgusted me.

We stopped in a clearing, a small ecosystem that had developed away from the rest of the world. It bore a strange peace, something that I hadn't felt in a long time. I took a moment to let my thoughts and senses wander as Jack spoke once more. Around the time shinobi reached jounin rank, they began to put lusts behind them in exchange for purpose. Jack's gaze turned to me, a small but genuine grin plastered to his face, and I drew my attention back to him. It took a push to discover one's purpose. What about me?

Who was I?

"I don't honestly know." The words were said before I really thought about them, but they were the truth. I'd lost myself at some point, or maybe I never really knew myself. I'd been running ever since I was young, gone to Kumogakure I guess in search of my purpose. Now, sitting in a chair that I wasn't so sure belonged to me, I still felt that I hadn't found what I was meant to do. Given, I was still young, but I just felt lost. "I live to protect the people of my village, but sometimes it just seems so...meaningless, you know?" I curled my hand into a fist and looked down at it. Why was I telling him this? "What's the point of all this fighting when we could easily live in peace? No one is interested in expansion, money, or anything of the like, so why fight?" I scoffed and my eyes turned back to him. "Don't get me wrong, fighting is all I know. I've no talents for anything else, so I don't know where I'd be. But..." Finally my gaze settled back on his, I guess looking for confirmation that he understood what I was saying. I didn't even know if what I'd said made sense.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:
☁ UHV Shield

Lanfaer

┃☁ a c | 58550
┃☁ r y o | 20000
┃☁ t r a n c e | 25 / 25
┃☁ m o o d | curious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:34 pm
User Image
User Image
xxJack Harren Snipe xxxx
xxBody Rank :: A - ranked // Title :: Mizukage (Konin) // Village :: Kirigakure no Satoxxxx

-----[ O ]bservation was key to learn, at times, with certain people. In this case, watching Kirama gave him insight into the inner workings of the boy's mind, or at the very least his intentions. Eyes never turned to the Mizukage, the more obvious source of the strangeness, but the world below became a point of interest. More so, the immediate assumption was one of disbelief, that such an image was, in fact, Genjutsu. At other times Jack might have found this amusing, and shown the Genin the error of his assumptions. Yet the boy might well fair better believing such fantasies instead of the truth: that they were, for the moment, flying over the city, juxtaposed into existence over the sunken village below. Such a truth might well have broken his perceptions, and that he was not ready for. Sighing quietly, instead Jack tapped the table, hopefully bringing the boy's attention back to the present. "A bow. Intriguing. Only one of my number utilize a bow, as the other seems to have wandered off somewhere."
          -----Looking down at the clipboard, a small design pulled up of the rosters, with scratches across the names of Genin who had abandoned their village for personal gains or goals. Of them all, only Shadow's squad had yet to get together for any meaningful length of time, and their mission was, perhaps, the most important. Looking back at the male before him Jack touched the pen down to the board, scratching out orders before sighing and sitting back into his chair, the small smile returning. "You will be placed with Shadow's squadron, who are currently investigating a murder. Your belongings will be moved to your new quarters in the Squadron wing of the apartments. I'd suggest speaking with Ms. Halest outside, who has your headband as well as information on your new squad leader." Staring at the boy with a mix of amusement, and curiosity, Jack raised one hand and gestured towards the genin. "As I said before, Kirigakure holds many opportunities. Which, I wonder, will you take? Before you-" here, three cards appeared before him, each a playing card from a deck. "-you have three options. Each holds an image of your body. Pick one, and decide where you would like your keycard to be placed, and in what shape. In our village these symbols give you access to doors, to your training rooms, and limit for your safety access to dangerous locations."
          -----
          -----

►► |•| O. O. C. |•| ◄◄

|•| Passives |•|

|•| Techniques Used |•|

Nueromancer JMan240

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:22 am
User Image
User Image
xxJack Harren Snipe xxxx

-----[ W ]ind rustled the leaves about the pair, the foliage above singing its own mournful song. Memories of the adventure to stop this mad tree from killing them all came to mind at the notes but such thoughts held no place here. Banishing them for the moment instead Jack stared at the boy before him, feeling in some strange way a kinship for his words. From a young age Jack knew his purpose, but in recent years that had been called into question. Even now, as the Mizukage, the question of who and what he was became a primary concern. Yet with meditation, and a deep connection to the world around him, Jack kept himself grounded enough in the present to know that such questions were not something one could answer right away. Still...perhaps he could give Kaileer the metaphorical 'push' he had mentioned earlier, something to start him off on a journey of self discovery.
          -----Taking a deep breath, Jack turned away to place his hands within the pockets of his coat, the cane balanced perfectly upon the ground, standing where he'd left it. Closing his eyes against the memories he was calling up, there came a slight tremble from the shadows around them, before they came to a standstill a split instant later. "I know what you mean, Kaileer. I, too, do not understand this world's propensity for violence and misdeeds. Money, land, power, these are but fleeting things in our short lives, temporaries that can come and go with but a single beating of the heart. And yet others are drawn to it, giving such actions meaning that are not inherent, utilizing justifications that the likes of you and I might understand, but never agree with. Such is the world we live in, and such is why I focus everything on bringing peace. It is why I seek peace with the United Hidden Villages, for I understand their actions without agreeing with them. It is why I have accepted so readily a deal with you, for I wish there to be peace and prosperity between our nations. Yet it is more than that."
          -----Looking down for a moment before raising his face to meet the small rays of sunlight that reached down to bathe him in their light, his voice became a bit more...heavy. Thick. "There was once a time where all I knew...changed. I...broke. My mind, my soul, bereft of guidance. I was lost. I knew not what I was, who I was, and every action I took made it worse. I knew not if what I did was right, was good, and everything I tried to do to fix it felt like an utter failure." Those days, traveling to the sage lands, had been painful at the very least. In fact those same memories caused a shiver to run up his spine for he never again wanted to feel lost, alone, without a path to walk or explore. "I took many days wandering the wastes of the world, searching for something my studies had explained to me." Turning, lowering his face, Jack changed. Eyes that opened to reveal their multifaceted glimmer were but the start, with a cloak of some sort of silvery, mercurial material forming around his shoulders and sweeping, curved lines forming upon his cheeks and around his eyes. These lines were a pale, bright green, and the shadows under his eyes turning a pale blue similar to the reflection of the sky on a clear snow-covered plane.
          -----Parting the strange, shimmering rope, Jack raised a hand to gently touch the space beneath his right eyes. "Sage Mode. A connection with the world around me. It brought peace to me, showing me my place in the world, and giving me a connection with everything living in it." Lowering his hand back to his side, the Mizukage turned slightly to cast his gaze up and around him, feeling the world in all its natural glory. "You see, Kaileer, I specialize in something. My purpose, as it always has been, is to help others find themselves. Their inner Truth, as it were. And if you wish it, perhaps I can give you the tools you need to find yourself. For that is what you lack: you do not know who or what you are, and self doubt plagues you. Please, tell me if I am wrong."
          -----
          -----
          -----

►► |•| O. O. C. |•| ◄◄

|•| Passives |•|

|•| Techniques Used |•|

Royal Burrito

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:51 pm
User Image

[x] I couldn't help the bitter smile that touched my lips at the mention of the UHV, but my gaze fell away in hopes of hiding it. He wanted to be friends with them after everything they'd done? At least now I had in mind a sensitive subject that would need to be brought up at some point if this partnership was going to work. I couldn't forgive them for what they'd done, but I also knew we didn't have the strength required to face them. Which made me feel worse about our lack of progress after Sunagakure mopped the floor with them. I hated them with every fiber of my being after the deaths they had caused.

It was hatred like that that caused wars in the first place. Money and land were just face value; they bore no purpose unless one held malice towards the victimized party. In this case, it was the UHV that hated us. The great nations had belittled them, supposedly, and oppressed them. They were fighting back to prove they were a threat as much as we were. And then they received a smack on the back of the hand and were sent home. As far as I could tell, no one had heard from them since. In some ways it was sad, but this was a war that they started, not us.

Jack paused briefly, and I looked back at him. He'd felt in the past what I felt then. Without someone to guide me my life seemed like it had no purpose. It felt like I had always been running and I was tired, to the point I could lay down and never get up. A sense of hollowness, a part of me missing that I couldn't place a finger on. I watched in silence as the Mizukage turned away from me and his features changed in a surge of chakra. Instinctively I tensed, but the man's air remained calm. He didn't intend any harm, and a moment later he explained. Sage mode. I'd heard some about it--as a Hakemoto, it was very similar to how our States worked--and the summonings associated I'd seen in action from both Myurai and Jae. The latter brought about unwelcome memories of my brief chance getting to know her before she vanished, and of course Samuru. Jack offered to teach it to me, and as much as it was something I desired, given my inability to use the States, I doubted it was something I would be able to achieve anytime soon.

The last statement stuck out to me the most. I didn't know who or what I was and doubt was an overwhelming shadow on my conscience. "You're right. And I don't think I ever have known." I sighed and stuck my hands in my pockets. "I'm a member of one of the Hakemoto branches a ways to the west of Kaminari no Kuni. As such, I understand how Sage Mode works, and I don't think that, as I am, it's something I'm capable of right now." He didn't need to know the reasoning--I had enough of a problem feeling weak in comparison to others--, and I couldn't demonstrate how I understood without my States. "So maybe another time, once I've had a chance to sort things out, I'll be able to give it a try."

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:
☁ UHV Shield

Lanfaer

┃☁ a c | 58550
┃☁ r y o | 20000
┃☁ t r a n c e | 25 / 25
┃☁ m o o d | curious

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:45 pm
User Image
User Image
xxJack Harren Snipe xxxx

-----[ S ]preading his hands, Jack released the sage chakra coursing through his veins, ignoring the strange feeling as the robe dissolved and his eyes returned to normal. Such things had become second nature to ignore, otherwise the sensations would have driven him mad long ago. Sighing quietly in remorse as the ultra sensitivity, the beauty of life itself faded from his senses, the Mizukage stepped closer to Kaileer with one hand reaching out to touch his shoulder. Expression one of understanding, Jack considered his word choice wisely before continuing ."Perhaps not now, no, but the first steps should be taken. A Sage may teach the Human Path, but it is one of loneliness, self reaching and self reflection being the cornerstones of the practice. No, I believe companionship, support, is what you will need, and for that you would need a pact with one of the Animal Path's guides. It is but a suggestion, but one I offer to take you to at your desire."
          -----Taking a step back, folding his hands together, the younger shinobi's expression turned up once more as the sun continued on its endless paths across the sky. "There is more I can do for you, if you let me, but I will leave this up to you. As allies, as partners, I will be at your disposal. But I leave what I do up to you, of course." In short, Jack was giving him something few others possessed: himself, as a guide when needed. As it was said before, Jack was a person who knowledge and understanding took front stage to his life. Violence was more a part of Kaileer's life than Jack's, and the Mizukage preferred it as such. Turning to look at him once more, Jack held out a hand to the side and his cane dissolved into ash, reforming a moment later within his grip as he leaned his weight upon it. "I brought you here so that none may hear you. Not even my ANBU are allowed here without my written permission. You may talk freely, and I hold no judgment. As such, I must ask what would you prefer we do next?"
          -----
          -----
          -----
          -----
          -----

►► |•| O. O. C. |•| ◄◄

|•| Passives |•|

|•| Techniques Used |•|

Royal Burrito

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:43 pm
User Image

[x] Once again I watched in silence as Jack let go of the gathered sage chakra, returning to his 'normal' self. Perhaps out of instinct, I flinched when his hand touched my shoulder--I hadn't realized how tense I was until then--and immediately gave him an apologetic glance. He wasn't doing anything, idiot. He went on explaining about the two paths of a sage, the Human and the Animal, and that the latter would probably be better for me. I didn't doubt that. I wasn't sure if companionship was what I needed, per say, but perhaps it would be appreciated, given the summons actually gave two shits about my existence. Then again, seeing how Jae handled her birds with as fiery of a temper as she'd had, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

The Mizukage took a step back and I found myself instantly more relaxed, though the young man looked away so I think he missed my expression of relief. He offered to 'be at my disposal' where he could, despite the difference in how we handled situations. I was a warrior; he was, if anything, a scholar, having a much better way with words than I could ever hope to have. Bringing his cane back to his hand, the stick dissolving and reappearing with the slight smell of burning and ash, he explained no ANBU could see us there, and asked what I intended to do. My gaze moved between the cane and where the object had been a moment before, and finally to Jack himself. "Can you do that with people, too? And what's the range?" If he could, then I didn't have to leave just yet. "If you can, I don't have to leave in such a hurry. I'd like to learn more about the Animal Path. But if not, I have to make a trip to Takumi before I head back to my village."

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:
☁ UHV Shield

Lanfaer

┃☁ a c | 58550
┃☁ r y o | 20000
┃☁ t r a n c e | 25 / 25
┃☁ m o o d | tired

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:16 pm
User Image
User Image
xxJack Harren Snipe xxxx

-----[ O ]ne of those rare, genuine smiles split across Jack's face, one of pride for his own creation. A selfish pleasure that momentarily overcame his selflessness. Still, he knew that such pleasures were but a temporary, fleeting thing, and as such let it go. Instead he held up the cane with a small noise of amusement before looking back to Kaileer. "The technique could take you to Kumogakure from here, if I so desired. Well, to the outskirts of the village anyway." The memory of that day, the roaring flames, the bubbling water, the steam, the screams...It shook him, but Jack steeled himself. The memories of wrestling the Nibi brought fresh tremors through his flesh but, as before, he let them go. Such memories held no sway over him, not anymore. Looking out towards the distance, Jack considered his best options before speaking at last, this time with a bit more of a colloquial tone. "I can also take you to Takumi if that is your desire. I do not mince words here, Kaileer, when I say I can help you. But I ask only that you think of yourself in this, not your village. If you, yourself, are not right in self no matter what you try your village will suffer. Let yourself heal, even a little, and take the first steps towards that healing before heading home."
          -----Putting a hand to his chin in thought, the Mizukage considered the last time he had taken anyone with him in a travel. All of those times had been rather swift for him, but the passangers had all equally landed ill and out of sorts. As such, it seemed only fair to warn his brother-kage. "If you wish to leave now, I can take you to the Animal lands. Once there, I will give you a way to contact me. I cannot enter another Sage's land until I receive permission from them, lest a sort of 'territory war' would break out. But I should warn you, my Scattering the Ashes has been known to produce a sort of movement induced illness afterwards, so I would steel yourself before we continue."
          -----
          -----
          -----
          -----
          -----

►► |•| O. O. C. |•| ◄◄

|•| Passives |•|

|•| Techniques Used |•|

Royal Burrito

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

♒ [ Hidden Mist Village } Kirigakure (Sero'd, closed)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games