Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Main Role-play
New York, New York Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diandra Moon

Divine Muse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:39 pm

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

S o m e t i m e s , x t h e x b e s t x t o x h i d e x i s x i n x p l a i n x s i g h t . . .

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

T h e x C h a m e l e o n
A N N A B E L L E x K A L L I A S
C a m m i e x t h e x S m u g g l e r

Places: ice cream joint xxxxFaces: Altair
covered

Well, I kinda of do,” she said with a playful grin. “Because if I have you near civilization, you’ll think of something we must absolutely try to do so I don’t feel like one of your one-night-stands or something.” She liked the gentlemanly thing, but she’d thought she’d made it obvious that she didn’t think he needed to always be a gentleman because she wasn’t always going to play the part of a proper lady. Impropriety was a lot of fun, too.

Still, he said he wanted to go with her…Though…Duty called. She groaned, and popped the last bite of goodness into her mouth before she wiped her lips and fingers with a napkin. “You know, Altair, you could always lie to me and say going is a terrible idea and we should skip…” Or tell the truth if that was the case. She knew he wouldn’t let her go if he felt there was a real danger, but breaking a few more beds sounded a lot more fun than dealing with uptight Providence agents who were likely going to chastise her for her life-choices while trying to pretend to be magnanimous in offering her something she wasn’t interested in or was of little use and acting as if it was some big favor…

She chucked her rubbish in the trash after she stood up. “You driving? Or should I go get my car or something?” And before he could suggest it. “I’m taking my guns, by the way. Don’t tell me not to.

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:16 pm
User Image User Image User Image

Eva Albright
Botanical

Going to dinner was meant to have them all get to know each other better. Her training said she should have tried to get Agent Malvyr to come with in order to try to thaw the ice so they could work together as a team. She hadn't really offered, throwing out a vague invitation, and being relieved when he chose to work on the investigation instead. Even if it did go against her training, she couldn't see the situation improving with someone who had such opinions about Deviants. So she smiled and grinned a bit when James said: "Well he was a treat,". It was everything she could do not to explode into a full-blown rant about how awful the man was and settled for a sarcastic "I can't wait to see him tonight." Cammie seemed rather flighty, and she could only pray Agent Malvyr wouldn't instantly piss off the woman and send her stocking away before they could get the information they needed. "I'll have to send him the redacted copy. I can only hope Providence sorts this whole thing out soon and he is removed from the case." How did such a Deviant hater end up working with Providence anyway? Eva gave her head a little irritated shake.

Eva smiled when James agreed with her food choice. She was more excited than she ought to be over something so trivial. He was just a partner on a case after all. Not even from this city. Once this was over he'd go back to D.C., which was unfortunate. He was rather charming. "Thirty-two dollars?!" Eva repeated, sounding alarmed. "How much are they paying you?" Maybe she had a secret gambling addiction, Eva thought. The investigation certainly wouldn't be over tonight unless Cammie handed her the kidnappers all tied up and bundled with evidence of their crimes. "I'm sure we can figure something out..." She wasn't about to live off of pizza for the rest of the investigation.

The group of three would find themselves at the docks a while later. After getting Amelie a change of clothes and swinging by the office so Eva could e-mail the case file documents to Agent Malvyr, she took them all to a Tony Roma's. A sort of middle ground between somewhere super fancy and fast food. She was glad since James ended up offering to pay for all of them. They didn't go down to meet 'Cammie' quiet yet, but waited for the Agent to join them.

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Ghost_Rios
Rhyming Demon

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:37 pm
February 12, 2013

I can do what I want, I'm in complete control. That's what I tell myself.
I got a mind of my own, I'll be alright alone. Don't need anybody else.
I give myself a good talking to. No more being a fool for you.
I remember how you made wanna surrender.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Dᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ Jᴀᴍᴇs Bʀᴀɴᴅᴛ ↘↘
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Always the same, You say that you'll change. Somehow you never do.
I believe all your lies, The look in your eyes. You make it all seem true.
I guess I see what I wanna see, Or is my heart just deceiving me
With that look I know so well, I fall completely under your spell.

Despite being able to tell already that Eva was not Agent Malvyr's biggest fan, he still felt a bit smug when she found his comment amusing. It was then followed by a sarcastic comment of her own. "I can't wait to see him tonight," To which James snorted. "Yeah, you two really seemed to be hitting it off, I thought," He joked, before she went on to explain that she would have the redacted copy sent to him. He nodded in agreement. "That's probably best," He thought it was a bit silly that they would allow someone who was clearly so distasteful of them to work with them. James didn't mind one bit working with people who weren't Deviants -- he had done it his whole life in Sacramento. Then again, half of them hadn't even known he was a deviant. It was far more annoying when you were working with someone who seemed openly rather opposed to it. Eva seemed pleased that James agreed that steak sounded good, however they both glanced over at Amelie when she announced that she only had thirty-two dollars. James raised an eyebrow. Wasn't she like... security or something? Surely she wasn't that broke... Maybe she was just bad with her money. It wasn't his place to judge, but Eva commented on it. Again, he snorted in amusement.

Them "figuring something out", ended up being James offering to pay for the entire meal. He could afford it. Initially he'd been planning to offer to cover Eva's meal, since she was the one driving them all around -- or so he'd reasoned with himself. However, in the end he decided that it would be rude to pay for Eva and not for Amelie. Not to mention, it would probably leave the poor girl with a solid five dollars left.

That lead them to where they were now. Waiting at the docks for Agent Malvyr to arrive so that they could go meet with this "Cammie" person from the phone. James was getting antsy waiting for the Agent. They had already been waiting most of the afternoon, and James could practically feel the time slipping away from them. The longer this took, the less time they spent trying to find this kid. He knew logically that they couldn't do much with what they had now anyways, but it was still frustrating, and he found himself pacing back and forth beside the girls with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

❝Damn your eyes.
They're taking my breath away
For making me wanna stay
Damn your eyes
For getting my hopes up high
Making me fall in love again!
Damn your eyes.❞

Deadly_Tiger

Ghost_Rios

Rhyming Demon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:03 pm
User Image
Amélie "Wyven" Oxton
Location: NYC, Eva's location - Mood: Serious - Gear: Black leather pants, leather jacket, a grey tank top, and a stun gun

When questions arose about her pay Amélie sighed. "I got a twenty thousand signing bonus. Now if we go into pay with taxes taken out I make twenty five an hour. Besides that payday hasn’t come yet for me. Now the twenty thousand I spent on helping my parents as... they needed it more than me." The conversation of pay would go on for a short while. With dinner Amélie couldn’t help but be thankful for James to pay as if she paid for herself she'd have no cash. With the meal finished Amélie took off, going to a safe house Sigma team had prepared to put on different cloths, thankfully it wasn’t far but as she returned Eva and James would see her bright green hair. "All set."

With the dock trip in silence Amélie just gazed out the window, pondering what the others thought of her. It did seem insane she would have so little bit to her it made sense. Helping parents, being new, payday not arriving yet, being broke made sense to her. Her housing was covered, food was partly covered, and with her powers she didn’t really need a car. "I don’t trust the Agent, something seems off about him. He knows more then he leads on I think." Looking to both James and Eva as they waited.

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Quote:

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:13 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Altair Blackwood
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

"I think you are underestimating my ingenuity and general stubbornness." She was grinning, but Al wasn't sure if Anna knew how close to the truth she was. He certainly wasn't going to let her know how close to the truth she was. He wasn't about to relinquish his playboy persona, even if Anna was the only women he wanted. Rule number one to not admitting something was not to protest the accusation. It only drew more attention to it.

"I wish I could tell you it's a terrible idea...but something tells me we should help them. Even if they don't come up with something you want." Al was a strong believer in not giving away something for nothing. As usual with his powers, he didn't know exactly why, only that helping Providence, in this case, was important somehow. Even if the woman on the phone couldn't come up with something Anna found valuable enough. Even if it went against good business sense and everything they stood for as a couple of self-serving smugglers. He just wished he knew why, but his powers had never been wrong.

"I wouldn't dream of it." Al held up his hands in surrender but was grinning all the same. He was certain her guns were always in arms reach, even in the shower at one of the safe houses. Then he furiously scraped the bottom of his ice cream cup with his spoon to make sure no morsel escaped being eaten. Then, when satisfied and stood and tossed the cup out. "Car gives us more cover, but the motorcycle gives more mobility. That and we can take it right out onto the pier." It seemed with the tossing of the cup the date was officially over. Al was now on mission mode. They shouldn't need a haste escape, but that didn't stop him from planning for one. Getting lazy and dependant on Your powers was how you got killed. Besides his abilities didn't really work like that. It wouldn't be the first time he'd been shot at. It just turned out being shot at was beneficial in the end. He started walking towards the exit of the little sanctuary. "Need anything before we head over." They were early yet, but Al wanted to scout the place out before Providence showed up.

February 12th 2012

Diandra Moon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:25 pm

Eva Albright
Botanical

James was making her feel antsy, as he paced back and forth, with his hands in his pockets. "Well, I certainly don't like him." Eva replied to Amelie's comment on the Agent Malvyr. "It's hard to say if he's hiding something important, or if he just really hates Deviants. The second is troubling enough on its own. Why insert himself on a case about missing Deviants?" She didn't expect either James or Amelie to have an answer to that question, but it was an oddity. It was Providence agents who were going missing, all of them Deviants. While Providence was working with the federal government to keep them in power, she didn't see why they felt the need to get involved with something like this. "He seemed genuinely surprised I was a victim rather than a perpetrator. Perhaps it is the people he is working for that are hiding something." She mused while checking her watch. She had a feeling Cammie wouldn't wait around if they were late. If the Agent didn't arrive soon, they would have to go down to the docks without him.

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Ghost_Rios
Rhyming Demon

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Rhyming Demon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:24 pm
User Image

Agent Malvyr had crossed referenced his agency’s files on the missing persons case with the case files of Providence. Both of which pinned up side by side of each other.

And there was more than just the pattern of it being inhumans. Whoever it was, was targeting specifically new recruits of Providence.

He knew the crew he was dealing with didn’t at all care for him. And as much as he generally didn’t care for Providence, he cared for those who would be black bagging young people. Even if they happened to be inhumans or if Providence.

But that wasn’t why he kept his distance from the agents he was working with. He knew by being near them he made them vulnerable, and he knew that Wyven was a potential target. That and he got the feeling they weren’t a big fan of himself either.

As such he decided it was wisest to keep a physical distance from them for now. It was then he grabbed for his cell phone and called in to Eva. He’d call her up from his office and wait for her to answer his phone call. Hoping it wouldn’t just go straight to voicemail that is.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:02 pm
February 12, 2013

I can do what I want, I'm in complete control. That's what I tell myself.
I got a mind of my own, I'll be alright alone. Don't need anybody else.
I give myself a good talking to. No more being a fool for you.
I remember how you made wanna surrender.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Dᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ Jᴀᴍᴇs Bʀᴀɴᴅᴛ ↘↘
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Always the same, You say that you'll change. Somehow you never do.
I believe all your lies, The look in your eyes. You make it all seem true.
I guess I see what I wanna see, Or is my heart just deceiving me
With that look I know so well, I fall completely under your spell.

James was definitely getting antsy. He knew he probably wasn't doing much in the way of anything helpful by it, but he couldn't help it. It was then that Amelie spoke up, stating what they were all thinking -- that they didn't particularly trust Agent Malvyr. They didn't really have a reason to. And they had more than a few to find him suspicious. Eva agreed that she certainly didn't like him, and James only sighed, nodding in agreement, and pausing his pacing to come up beside her. "Why indeed," He muttered, however Eva's next comment sparked some interest. "I think that has some credence to it. It's not particularly his fault if he comes across as a complete a**-hat if he's not being fed the proper information," James admitted with a snort. He wasn't going to write off their suspicions based on that alone, but it was a possibility. "Whether he gives a damn about Deviants or not, he'd better hurry up, or we're going to have to call it and make this meeting without him," James decided. He got the feeling that being late wasn't an option, regardless of how he felt about the man. It was about then that a cell phone started ringing, and James glanced at Eva with some combination of amusement and surprise. "Think that's him? Maybe he's actually a mind reader... Or he's calling to tell us he's been terribly held up in traffic -- bets, anyone?" James joked.

❝Damn your eyes.
They're taking my breath away
For making me wanna stay
Damn your eyes
For getting my hopes up high
Making me fall in love again!
Damn your eyes.❞

Deadly_Tiger

Ghost_Rios

Rhyming Demon

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

Diandra Moon

Divine Muse

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:05 pm

S o m e t i m e s , x t h e x b e s t x t o x h i d e x i s x i n x p l a i n x s i g h t . . .

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Places: ice cream joint xxxxFaces: Altair
covered

She didn’t think she was underestimating him, but she certainly didn’t want him getting distracted from their special time together. She didn’t want to end up going on some little adventure that got them into trouble when they could have just had a very nice time keeping to themselves. Her face screwed up slightly when he said that he thought they should help the ones who had called. “You know I dislike doing things for free…” Favors were one thing, but if there weren’t any favors they could give her, then why bother? Not like they were on the same side, was it?

He suggested the bike had more mobility. “Yeah, bike sounds good.” She could trust him to drive, and she wasn’t opposed to holding on with one hand shooting with the other…And she was able to turn them invisible to the human eye if they could get where the noise couldn’t be picked up easily, so they wouldn’t exactly be sitting ducks.

We have ammo, more ammo…” She didn’t doubt Al had some other magazines tucked into the bike compartments somewhere… “We should stop at one of the safehouses and get some explosives…” But she knew he might not like the sound of that…Or the idea of the booming sounds in general. “Smoke ones…In case things go sideways and we need to get out without someone following after us quickly.

They could stop by one of the safe houses and grab what they needed. While she wasn’t opposed to blowing up a warehouse or three…Made it a little hard to keep a low profile, she supposed. “I’ll even let you pick where to put a few of them,” she said as she secured the helmet and climbed up behind him. “We can even set things up so that our asses are protected and we can throw some shade if we need to.

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:32 pm
User Image
Amélie "Wyven" Oxton
Location: NYC, Eva's location - Mood: Serious - Gear: Black leather pants, leather jacket, a grey tank top, and a stun gun

Snickering just a little at the bet she made her flames coin. "My money is he lacks a spine. Besides why would they assume you attacked yourself. It makes no sense what so ever." Throwing the flame coin it would vanish before reaching James. "I don’t like waiting here. Too many angles, to much open area, bad views for us. If this has an ambush we're screwed." Running her fingers through her hair Amélie would sigh softly. "Maybe he'll apologize to you and everyone. I don’t know."

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Quote:

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:39 pm

Eva Albright
Botanical

"It seems we have two mysteries to solve." She commented as James agreed with her about Agent Malvyer. Was he really there to help them? Or to interfere? She had a feeling he was there to keep tabs on them and the dealings with Providence in some way. "I hope you aren't planning on paying that debt with a flame coin." Eva grinned a bit as she watched the coin sail through the air and vanish before reaching James. "Unfortunately I doubt Cammie will show up if we bring enough people to cover the area, so it'll have to be just us." Eva hoped she wasn't making a terrible mistake in judgement. They were desperate and this was the closest thing to a lead they had. If Cammie didn't know anything, they would be back to bubkis. If Cammie was working for the kidnappers and this was a trap...Well they would have one hell of a fight on them to get out, but at least Providence would be able to track wherever they took Eva. If they didn't just kill her.

"I can only hope." Eva commented as she pulled out her phone and looked at the display. It was the number Malvyr had given her. Based on his personality thus far, she had a feeling he and Cammie wouldn't exactly get along. It would almost be a blessing if he couldn't come for some reason. "Agent Eva Albright." She said into the phone by way of greeting.

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Ghost_Rios
Rhyming Demon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:16 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Altair Blackwood
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

"Just because it's free now, doesn't mean it won't help us out in the long run. It's never a bad thing to have law enforcement owe you one." Altair pointed out, with a small wink. "If all else fails, ask for her name and number and tell her she'll owe you at a later date." Investigate one of their competitors, look the other way on some minor crimes, maybe provide them with some information they wouldn't otherwise have. Altair could think of a few reasons to have a Providence agent in their pocket. He wasn't sure if any of them had to with the compulsion in his gut to help in this instance though.

He grinned as she started listing off what they had on them. Mainly a lot of bullets. Hey, you never knew and the criminal underworld didn't exactly have a court system to settle their disputes. He raised an eyebrow as she brought up getting explosive though. That was a good way to have every cop in the city come down on them. As if reading his mind, Anna quickly added smoke ones. Now those Al was down for. Smoke bombs so everyone lost sight of them, and Anna cloaking to make sure they weren't found again. "You always were the brains of the operation." Brains, beauty, charisma and he didn't like his chances against her in a shoot out. The real question was why she kept him around. Helmet secure, he swung his leg over the bike and settled in. Did he really think the bike was better or had he just wanted to have Anna holding onto him again? "Nothing is happening to that a**. Not on my watch. And I do like watching it." He grinned while being half afraid she might cuff him on the side of the head for the comment on her a**. He was quick to start up the bike and put it into gear in an attempt to avoid repercussions.

Roughly an hour and one stop at a safe house later, the pair were down at the pier. Trade had become difficult. The war wasn't just in the US after all but across the globe. Some countries had fallen into Dominion hands, while others were firmly in Providence control. Al only paid attention in so much as to how it affected business. This had been a commercial area, full of warehouses filled to the rafters with things like iPhones and TVs. Now those warehouses were either abandoned or had new occupants, of a much less legal nature. Either way, the place was dirty and run down, with less than saviour individuals nearby. This pier, in particular, was completely silent though. The question was if, that was a good thing or a bad thing, and why had his powers told him this spot specifically. "So where do you want them?" He asked Anna, hefting the duffle bag full of smoke bombs over his shoulder.

February 12th 2012

Diandra Moon

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Rhyming Demon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:41 am
Malvyr already has be on his way to the rendezvous point, while on the phone with Eva, however he kept about a block distance, incase he would be more harm than good.

”Alright this is what I found so far, whoever is responsible for these attacks, is specifically targeting new recruits of providence. Which means it look likes your agency has a mole, that or someone has found a way to access list of all personnel that operates within your agency. Anyways my skill set is specifically for dealing with deviants that could threaten the country, I’m near by incase you think it might be deviants you’re dealing with. But if it’s other non-powered humans then I’m afraid I’ll be more harm to you than good at a close proximation. “  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:00 pm

Eva Albright
Botanical

Eva wasn't sure which idea she liked least. A mole or someone had back door access to their records. "Both are unlikely, but neither is impossible I'm afraid." She admitted with a small sigh. It wasn't entirely unexpected, but everything about this case just became much more complicated. Who could she trust, what should she tell her boss, how much should she put in her reports? Could she trust James and Amélie? All things that would need to be dealt with in due time. Right now they needed to get through this meeting. The next steps about this development would need to be decided later. "Thank you for the intel. I'm sure if we need you, a signal will come in the form a large fireball." She looked at Amélie with a bit of a grin as she made the comment.

More harm than good at close proximation? What did that mean? Despite her light-hearted joke about Jessica, the phrase ' my skill set is specifically for dealing with deviants' sent shivers down her spine. What did that mean? And just what kind of person was she working with exactly? Some sort of Deviant assassin? She made a mental note to double-check Malvry's findings before making a move on the possible mole. Hanging up the phone, she looked to James and Amélie. "Agent Malvry is nearby but says he'll be more harm than good if we are dealing with humans. I'll explain the rest after this meeting. Shall we?" She asked. There were going to be a lot of questions about what Malvry had to say, but frankly, they didn't have time to discuss it right now.

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Ghost_Rios
Rhyming Demon

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Diandra Moon

Divine Muse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:11 pm

Places: warehouse, docks xxxxFaces: Altair
covered

You get involved with feds, you’re dead soon enough,” she muttered, remembering something her mother had said. Cops were only okay so long as they didn’t owe you one too many-then you became a liability. She had seen what had happened to her mom, and her dad had been so screwed up over it, he forgot he had a daughter to raise and she’d been left to fend for herself. She really didn’t like the idea of helping out any cop, but she trusted Altair, and if Al thought it would be a good idea to make use of an offer for a favor, then fine.

He decided her idea for flash-bangs was a good one. “Hey-I got raised by the criminals-gotta try to be smart,” she said with a grin. Al always seemed to be the sort to take a more honorable route, she took the one that was in their best interest. She kept him from being so honorable he was stupid, and he kept her from going too cut-throat on people...She thought it meant they complimented one another, filling in gaps the other might have...She knew she had a penchant for being a little bit psychopathic, but she also knew she could have turned out way more ******** up than she was. “Make sure you watch your six as well as my a**,” she said when he made the comment. Al could make all the comments about her a** that he wanted-someone else might have to worry about a new hole to breathe out of.

I’m going to conceal a door,” she said, and from there, they rigged up the back door, and the windows someone could try to sneak in with smoke bombs and flashbangs-they would just temporarily blind anyone who triggered them before they got blasted with smoke-would actually hurt anyone...Though if she’d been by herself-she’d have done something with a lot more potential for sending people to a hospital...His bike was cloaked, and no one would be able to see their escape route until after they were well and truly on their way. Al would be cloaked and out of sight, able to shoot any threats that made themselves known to cover her while she made for his position and they could slip out…

There was only one clear way in, which they should be using...If someone didn’t-then they were up to no good, and she probably shouldn’t play nice. “I’ll give them until I’m too bored, then we’re leaving…

Deadly_Tiger

Main Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces