Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

0-X-Yours_Truly-X-0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:05 am
chainz_the_crazy_clown
This is a list of things that are a pain in the a**...

1. Everyone thinking you worship satin.
2. The price of Tripp clothing...
3. The price of gothic things in general
4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK
5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
6. The damn stereotypes
7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...
8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN,
9. People stepping on your pants
10.The anti- depressant every wants to give us.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Post your thoughts what are the biggist pains in the a** you see.... I just thought this would be funny....

im in 100% agreement.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:11 am
Lol, I've never had any of those problems, except number 1, which I usually play up incase any Jehovas Witnesses are around. twisted  

Rellik San
Crew

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:12 am
- Lint getting all over my blacks after they're washed.
- Disturbing children and old people.
- The usual things people assume about Goths
- Being asked stupid questions, that they probably already know the answers to.
- My Dad's paranoia about me embarassing him in public.

Most of those are just pet peeves. I'm pretty content with things most of the time.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:06 am
chainz_the_crazy_clown

5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
6. The damn stereotypes
7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...

Post your thoughts what are the biggist pains in the a** you see.... I just thought this would be funny....

For a start, it isn't tripp that makes theclothing expensive it's th eindividual retailers, and it varies form store to store, if it's godo quality you shouldn't mind paying, if you want to wear it you will pay for it.
Secondly people only stereotype you if you let them, so grow up or move on it shouldn't bother what people think of you.
Thirdly, eleven armbands on one arm is just wrong ...  

TheOriginalNonEmo

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

TybaltGamemaster

nuGen Staff Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:32 am
Listening to "I'm so goth"... I hate the word "poser", but it's the only word applicable, whine endlessly about how their parents hate them.

The difficultly of freeing one's self from afforementioned people.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:55 am
I can't say I've run into any of these problems.

People like my clothes, and no one's made fun of them in years. I make a lot of them myself, so price isn't as much of an issue. Woolite for blacks is a goth's best kept secret — handwash your clothes in it, and they'll stay as black as ink. And people don't try to give me anti-depressants. They try to buy me drinks.  

Veruniel
Crew

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:28 pm
satin feels nice against your skin, also you may wanna spell satan right next time
tripp clothing sucks a** its cheap crap thats WAY overpriced
you'd be surprised how cheap some stuff can be you just need to look in the right places and not be so picky and only buy things that look"goth"
certain detergents keep your clothing black, i sugest you look into it
arm bands are f'cking ghey, there useless and tacky
6. The damn stereotypes
then dont dress like a moron and grow up a little
O_o;;;
that i'll admit happens way too often to me, esspecially when i step on my own pants
only one person and a doctor wanted to give me this and it was when i was 15, they dont understand that i was 15 of course i was angsty, tired and bored which i guess seemed like i was depressed.

now for MY list

-dirty looks
-creepy old women handing me panphlets
-people screaming randomly at me through their car windows
-small children asking me why i look the way i do(but im not rude to them not at all i just guess its because there small and curious so i give them a nice answer)
-getting salt stains on my shoes and pants (how i loath it)
-white cat hair on my clothes
thats about it....  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:05 pm
my pet peeves:
1) my chains either get caught onto lockers or other people's clothes.
2) my pants once got caught in an escalator.
3) family tries to change my style.
4) the constant harrassment about my clothing and ideas. Always.

liek, one time months ago, i went to skool in fishnets and laced up boots (that were an expensive brand name but more imitation goth boots) my geometry class is filled with jocks and cheerleaders and nothing but. all i heard all period was "look at her. did gothic people bring back fishnets or something-no wonder they were out of style"

another time i was walking down the hallway and some upperclassman i didn't know leaned down into my ear and whispered, "i hate gothic people"

another time my gsa club (which is filled with outcasts anyway since my skool is very anti-gay) just HAPPENED to be wearing all black by mere coincidence. we were walikng back form the photo shoot for our yearbook when two preps were walking by us and said "oh my god, is that gothic club?"

one time in my freshman year me and 4 other friends who again happened to be wearing all black by coincidence were walking to gym when two upperclassmen behind us gasped. one of them said "jesus christ, there's four of them right in front of us!", and his friend said to him "oh my god look at them. what is this world coming to?!"

i have a jacket that has safety pins all up and down both arms and people won't let me live it down. i violate dress codes all the time but if preppy girls are allowed to wear mini skirts short enough that you could see their panties (if they're wearing any), then i should be allowed to wear as many safety pins and studs as i want to.

i admit, being goth has its s**t moments, but it's moments when you're being called out by people who are afraid of their own shadow that make me so happy i stayed true to myself.

damn, i talk too much.  

blackfoxi

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:14 pm
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

The people who confuse you for emo, GAH, and I like your list its very through

Light Is My Deaths Curse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:19 pm
The Thing That annoys me most about being goth is that sadly I fit all the stereotypes. I'm not trying to act all gothy goth goth or anything it's just the way I am

1)Yes I am a satanist (Don't hate)
2)NO that does not mean I practice satanic rituals in the woods (I just don't like god)
3) I do listen to death metal and gothic rock (I listen to ALMOST everything else to though)
4) Yes I wear all the crap people label goth
5) I am Bisexual (I DON'T know when that became goth but it seems to be a new stereotype)
6)Yes I read books on magic and serial killers (It's intresting......sue me bleh)
7)I love blood and fangs

I don't really care about labels it's no big hehehe it's actually funny how disturbed people get..... I can only think 2 things that bother me about being goth.... clothes are always either not the right color or too linty (Stupid lint brush is always empty so I had to use my precious electric tape) and I never seem to have enough eyeliner..........  

Ritziel

Xx-Razorblade-Skittles-xX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:36 pm
My biggest pet peeve would be when I don't wear tripp pants I get called emo >.> Also people that don't know the differance between emo and goth.....

My chains, hooks, and stuff of the like get caught in everything

Usually when I see a child they stare at me like I'm a freakshow but the occasional child will stare and smile brightly like I just gave them candy. Then their parents nudge their kids away from me and I get inflamed on the inside.

Being called a Satanist (the usual pet peeve of non satanic goths)

Damn posers......

The constant staring of people.

Prices of things such as corsetts and tripp pants even though tripp pants aren't worth their quality.

Putting on corsetts in the morning while I'm groggy and not in the mood for tight clothing.

Setting off metal detectors in places...feels like someone's frisking me when they use that wand thingy >.>

All the time it takes to get the chains off and peircings out because of x-rays or something of the like.

People trying to change you because you don't want to be like the rest of society.

People that think the understand you when they don't even know how the hell you are in the first place.

People saying they love the same movies and music even though they've never heard or watched it before.

People not wanting anything to do with you or try to stay away from you because your spooky.

I think wiggers are starting to like the lady goth's.... The last couple times I went to our mall with my friends wiggers try to pick us up. What the ******** is up with that eek ?!?!?!? Does it look like goths want wiggers?

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there's more.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:38 pm
people thinking im gunna kill themm >.<  

Toxic.GummyBear

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:05 am
*People around you thinking Tripp is gothic.
*People around you thinking any "gothic" article of clothing automatically makes them goth
*The occasional strange look (changes in frequency depending on how oddly you dress)
*CDs of most goth bands are hard to find.
*People mistake you for emo - to which I say "Sorry, but Rites of Spring is not on my MP3 player" (not like they'd even know what genre Rites of Spring is...)

Others to follow.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:08 am
chainz_the_crazy_clown

6. The damn stereotypes

Everyone who makes topics about this is a pain in the a** thing about dealing with "goths".

Airquotes used whilst I type, too.

-Isel-

A Dark Knight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:54 pm
wow i agree with most of what everyone has said so far.

my personal list of...irritations

1) i can't believe its only been mentioned twice, but all the ******** animal hair (and my hair). i use a lint roller for 5-10 minutes in the morning right before i leave for school then by the time i get to first period i already have enough hair on me to do it again! (i'm not quite sure how. i guess riding in the car?)

2) prices... why do gothic stores have to be so expensive?

3) people calling me emo...grrr...theres an effin difference between emo and goth! although in some cases not much...

4) clinking. chains, zippers, and such. i love them all but i can't stand all the noise! so i quit wearing them.

5) random people stereotyping doesn't bother me, it's when your family does it though...

6) black fingernail polish seems to be messier than other colors. i suppose because its darker you notice it more.

7) going through so much eyeliner. i don't even use alot either.

cool keeping the clothes black. when i noticed this problem i came up with the idea that i wear my black clothes twice (or more) before washing

9) sunburn... evil sun trying to ruin my pale skin...

10) the whole "i think its just a phase" thing. i've never had it said to my face but i've heard my mother say it to my very religious grandmother twice. still not sure if it is a phase or not but i hope not.

11) oh and trying not let my very religious grandmother think i'm atheist or something (even though i am)

hm i can't think of anything else at the moment but i probably will later.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff