Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
"You only dress that way for attention." Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do you dress this way?
  I love fashion/clothes
  I want to, it's none of your business
  For attention ^o^
  My friends dress this way
  To express my individuality
  Other
View Results

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am
i don't dress "goth".
but people label me "goth" just because i stand out.
My body is like a blank canvas to me, and I will paint it anyway I wish, whatever I feel beautiful in, that's what I will wear. but whatever i may like, most people don't, thus everyone calls me "goth".

not everything i wear is "gothic" anyway. people just say that it is because they don't know what else to call it and its not from Hollister.

when i get dressed in the morning, would you think i'd say to myself,
"Oh, I'll just put on all of these black clothes and makeup so I can look GOTHIC like every other goth I know."?

I don't conform to anything or anybody, and i think dressing just to fit into a subculture is retarded.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:11 am
Little Miss Lunacy
I have/had a French teacher who CONSTANTLY said this to me. No matter how I tried to explain to her that that wasn't the case, she would ignore it and convince herself that she knew what she was talking about. She was relentless.

Does it bother you when people say that?
Why do you dress the way you do?

my parents think i do it cuz my friends do...i like it!
its me...
but they insist!
jeez...  

Shadow Nightshade

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:13 am
Shadow Nightshade
Little Miss Lunacy
I have/had a French teacher who CONSTANTLY said this to me. No matter how I tried to explain to her that that wasn't the case, she would ignore it and convince herself that she knew what she was talking about. She was relentless.

my parents think i do it cuz my friends do...i like it!
its me...
but they insist!
jeez...

so do mine.
but the vast majority of my friends don't even look goth!
my parents are just dumb, they want to blame my clothing choice on people they don't even know or never have seen. they don't get that i have a mind of my own and CHOSE to look the way i do.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:27 pm
Yeah, I get that sometimes.
There's a leather miniskirt I like to wear. My sister told me "Tara, that's gross." I was like wtf?
Why would I wear something that I didn't like?  

MEOWITSTERRA

Redwing~Shadow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:57 pm
I never really had the problem, because I dress rather casually, and my mom and sister could care less, my mom dresses like a hippie and really, finds my looks to be really nothing.

People who do judge though annoy me, because who are they to say anything by the way a person looks.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:12 pm
Redwing~Shadow
People who do judge though annoy me, because who are they to say anything by the way a person looks.
a way a person dresses can explain a lot though  

The Dadalorian

Sica_Lunae

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:45 pm
I go to a Catholic school (the irony being my lack of a religion) so I wear a uniform.

I dress depending on what's in my closet that looks appealing. I even dress... preppy... sometimes!

Oh the horror, and the shock.

Seriously though, people that judge completely on clothing are stupid. How can one's personality be defined by one day's choice of clothing?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:32 pm
Little Miss Lunacy

i dress how i want to. not for any other reason. some people look good in red, some in blue, etc. I think i look good in black, i like the way it looks, and i feel good wearing it. it's my style, i make it into a part of me. anyone who says different about my intentions can go ******** themselves. ^^

I love my purple hair. I love my collar, and my dog tag. I love my striped stockings, my skirts, my corsets, my wrist bands, everything. That's all there is to it.

LackingSanity

darkcrimsongoth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:28 am
I like dressing the way I want to. Even if my make up does end up going halfway down my face, at least I'm comfortable wearing it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:22 am
SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
User Image

poncho steve

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:14 am
umm...big pic? you're stretching the page, dude.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:34 pm
I ignore them.. They probably say that because in thier pathetic teen years they dressed similarly for the attention. Personally I dress this way because I am obsessed with vampires, and therefore most of my gothy outfits are at least slightly vampiric. I like the outfits, and I like the feel of wearing things that are unneccessary(sp?) for the norm of an outfit...  

Snows Wyntre

TybaltGamemaster

nuGen Staff Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:30 pm
The title vaugely amusses me, as I mainly dress gothic out of habit.
I started dressing gothic so people would leave me alone...

It worked for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:27 pm
It is what I feel comfortable in  

tears_of_blood_452

xPanzerFaust19x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:52 pm
personaly...I would wear only underware while inside my home, and outside I would wear whatever that is easy to put on and clean  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff