Yea.
  No way!
  Eh...Somtimes.
  Hot Topic?
View Results

Suicide Lollies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:41 pm
User Image remember that day in paris..

They don't have Hot Topic stores in Australia but after viewing the website it seems like an alright place for a goth to shop. I admit quite a few things fall under the 'poserish' category but I did find a few awesome accessories on the website. Like cute gothic shoes or nice bags. But.. if I had a chance to go to Hot Topic, I strongly doubt I'd buy my whole wardrobe from there. eek

..when we wandered through the rain User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:19 am
I'm not exactly a fan of Hot Topic. I do look at a lot of the anime stuff they have in there. Otherwise, the last thing I bought was my Siouxsie and the Banshees T-Shirt. whee heart I'll rarely buy anything from there, actually. Sometimes I get the "poser-ish" vibe, but that's just me being surrounded by band shirts where everyone is like, "OMGlolz, they're so emo!"

So, it's the majority of the people who shop there; not the stuff in there. Actually, some of the workers, too. Half of the time, when it comes to music, they have no clue as to what they're talking about. They got into an argument with one of my friends about industrial music. "You're just a kid, what would you know?" But that was just one girl, though. The rest of the workers are cool.

Wow, sorry about the rambling.

Long story short, no, I don't really think it's a "poser-ish" store.  

x Socks x

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:20 am
I don't exactly focus on judging people when I'm in there. I'm there to shop, not show off.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:50 pm
I have to agree with the gothic CVS theory...they *do* often have really nice stuff. I'll shop anywhere though--it's not where you shop, it's what you shop for. I've found perfectly lovely gothic things at wal-mart and Target (Target's a really good place to get cheap jewelry these days...). Though I have to say Hot Topic used to carry my absolute favorite face powder--off-white with yellow undertones and a touch of sparkle. It was absolutely perfect! And then they discontinued it...*sigh*  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

The God of You

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:11 pm
it is funny seeing ppl wearing ambercrombie come in to hot topic and spencer gifts...they are so out of place  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:24 pm
The God of You
it is funny seeing ppl wearing ambercrombie come in to hot topic and spencer gifts...they are so out of place

Not really; they're usually the ones that buy the T-shirts with text that are supposed to be "funny"  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Jigoku_Shoujo1348

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:45 pm
MortSanglant
Eh. I'll purchase things from there on occassion. Maybe some weird eye makeup or something, or a gift for someone.

But I don't like shopping there. They're clothes are poorly made. The only things that aren't are the tshirts. But I don't like to wear band shirts or shirts with insignia.

I noticed the poor quality as well. stare It's Sad because I like some of their stuff. Mostly anything with Gir on it lol whee  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:26 am
The God of You

Not really. Both Abercrombie and Hot Topic have MANY similarities:

-They're meant to appeal to teenagers
-Their clothes are mass-produced
-They're both owned by big companies
-They both sell brand names
-They both are located almost exclusively in malls

The only real difference is that Hot Topic mass-produces clothes for teenagers who think one way, and Abercrombie mass-produces clothes for teenagers who thing another way.  

GilAskan
Crew

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:25 pm
Dead Ed
The God of You

Not really; they're usually the ones that buy the T-shirts with text that are supposed to be "funny"

Heh, true. Or they're girls who are all "OMG I saw this totally cure bracelet from here, I wanna wear it to this hot guy's concert so he'll think I'm cool!" or something like that, then they go in and they look at everything going "Eew, this stuff's so weird! Who would wear that?"

Speaking of people out of place at Spencer's, I once saw this really old couple in that store once. It was a little disturbing, considering what part of the store they were in xp  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:15 am
I love hot topic,they have some cool stuff there.  

chickajasmine

Acid-Poptart

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:54 pm
they have cool band shirts but my god their expencive gonk but i shop there sometimes.....  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:42 pm
Yeah, I guess it does seem a bit poser-ish at times...
I shop their for Band merchandise (posters, beanies, tees), Emily the Strange merchandise, and some of their word tees.

Yes, I do get the shudders when I see preps there...but its kinda stereotypical saying preps cant shop there...And yes, I do hate preps.

And really, they never did say they were goth.
Hot Topic was originally a band/punk store.
Afterall, their logo is
"It's all about the music."

So..Yes, Hot Topic can be considered a poser store.
But they really never did say they were goth or emo, so you can't
blame them so harshly... 3nodding

inuyashas_lilgirl

Nihil Sine Deus

750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:56 am
I have a question about hot topic sweatdrop ...is it ok to shop online cause yeah...I shopHot Topic .com(its linked)and i just usually shop for wrist warmers and armbands.
so is that bad???  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:57 pm
GDI7007
I have a question about hot topic sweatdrop ...is it ok to shop online cause yeah...I shopHot Topic .com(its linked)and i just usually shop for wrist warmers and armbands.
so is that bad???

Why would that be bad? It's just like shopping at the mall, except you don't have to get up and drive all the way there.  

deathcomes_onsilentwings

Nihil Sine Deus

750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:09 pm
well you guys kinda make it seem like its a bad thing to go/shop at hot topic so it makes me(and others) wonder...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff