Submit

satansrose

Distinct Connoisseur

14,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:01 pm
I just got accepted into Masters in Publishing and Communications at Melbourne University. This is straight after my B of Arts /B of Teaching double degree so I'm pretty excited. It actually offers an internship with companies involved in publishing so it'd be neat to work for Cosmopolitan or maybe for Lonely Planet.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:05 pm
Wow that sounds really amazing congratulations!  

kixsy

satansrose

Distinct Connoisseur

14,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:31 pm
Thanks. I just confirmed my subjects for this semester. I want to do something else as well as study though. Maybe I'll do SALP or the Duke of Edinburgh award. I really need something to write about for those job applications which ask to demonstrate an example of how you used leadership / initiative / teamwork etc. as most of my jobs have been individual based.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:22 am
I'm hoping to join a footy team lol I haven't looked into it yet...  

kixsy

satansrose

Distinct Connoisseur

14,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:50 pm
Hehe. That sounds fun. I'd probably get my glasses crushed if I joined a footy team. lol. I lost a pair at Bang! during a fairly tame Behind Crimson Eyes mosh so it seems even likelier I'd lose them at footy.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:52 pm
A friend of mine lost his on the dodgem cars lol i dont see how? maybe he got rammed really hard? They got broken and he had to race around and pick up all the pieces of the rink  

kixsy

satansrose

Distinct Connoisseur

14,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:11 am
What was the point of that? hehe. If it was that bad, he'd probably not have been able to fix those glasses.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:55 am
I don't thing it was that bad I think it was more just the lenses fell out or something I can't remember he told me the story like 5years ago lol  

kixsy

satansrose

Distinct Connoisseur

14,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:49 pm
oh, lenses falling out? that can be fixed. I was wondering why he'd pick up mushed bits of glass xP  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:52 pm
I thought it was the cutest thing lol And back then he used to do Maccas Birthday Parties lol how cute  

kixsy

satansrose

Distinct Connoisseur

14,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:46 pm
ha. I attended a macca's b'day party when I was 18. although in fairness it was my 6 year old cousin's xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:59 pm
Well, that makes a lot more sence  

kixsy

satansrose

Distinct Connoisseur

14,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:28 am
half my friends worked at maccas. way too embarassing for me to have a party there lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:22 pm
Haha I couldn't even bring myself to work at a food chain lol  

kixsy

goddess_tyche

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:18 pm
I wouldn't be able to stand working in a food chain either. When I first had to look for a job I wasn't made to do compulsary job seeking by Centrelink until just before I found a job (just before, as in, I never even went into the job seeking place). Unlike my younger sister who is working at KFC who had to go to the job seeker place basically straight away. I think I messed them up when I said I was going to continue studying but changed my mind and decided to work for a year before going to uni.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff