Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:14 am
Rendili's a charter member of the Corporate sector.
Whoever they side with, Rendili follows.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:17 am
Maybe I should craft an OOG post about Shipyards. This is getting ridiculous...

I don't want to ask how fast Elladan Kenet is building those ships of his.. If he says just a few weeks I should smack him.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:18 am
We are dealing with Star Wars scale Production facilites.
In order to compete in the Galactic Market, they might just have to be ridiculously fast.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:26 pm
Thats the thing... most people don't realize how long it takes for a shipyard to produce a starship. Usually large scale combat ships like Heavy Frigates, Destroyers, and Larger Vessels are produced one at a time in a process that takes several months. The reason that there are so many vessels of the large size floating about is that the shipyards at Kuat and Corellia literally have thousands of bays for that type of starship construction. Smaller ships like Carrack Cruisers can be built in orbital factories or on the ground, making the amount of time it takes to construct one of them a matter of weeks... the same simply isn't true of larger ships.

An excellent example of just how long it takes to produce a ship can be inferred from data on the Imperator class. Heck, one of the incredible cross sections books claims it takes a decade to build a destroyer... that seems a little extreme but consider this.

The Imperator-class was a Republic project before the Clone Wars and almost got the budgetary axe shortly before the Clone Wars erupted. Working as swiftly as they could Kuat just managed to deliver the prototype vessel and a sister ship a week after the Clone Wars ended. They spent over two years building the prototype... So building the production model may have taken much less but they weren't built in a matter of weeks... Several months is much more likely.  

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:29 pm
Well you know, WTF, you guys tell me I need to do all this @#$!, and I do it, and you guys STILL complain. Only reason I wanted a carrier in the first place was because STELLAR advised me to do so. I had NO INTENTION of building a fleet of them; just one or two. I'm this close from just leaving the guild.

You tell me to be creative; i am being fricken creative. I might not have been rping even half as long as Cale, but I'm trying my best, and if that's not good enough, then I'll just leave. I created my LT Transverter, my Canderous, the Basilisk-that-will-never-be. I try doing other things, but it just falls through; Stellar gets all his ships, and.... you know, just never mind. I'll just stop now. If you're gonna ban me, just do it sooner rather than later.

I guess all I'm saying, is you're asking too much. Or at least not telling me enough.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:39 pm
Stellar told you to build dedicated carriers?
I'm going to have to have a word with him. stare

Now calm down. Just retrofit some of your Acclamators or Victories to be Carriers.
Hell, if you took out the big gun of the Candarous frigates, they could carry some fighters.
That aught to hold you over until you can get your hands on a real good shipyard.  

Sol Walker
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:48 pm
The evidence is gone now. I know we talked about it in either a PM, or in the kOTOR thread, but I know he mentioned me having a carrier.

BTW, what stormtroopers I have were from before my defection. I haven't recruited any since.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:55 pm
You sure they'd support you after you went bandit?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:03 pm
Y'know, if you got the money, you might beable to hire the Corporate Sector to crank you out a couple Carriers.
It'll be expensive as hell, but if you got the cred and can figure out how to smuggle them into your territory, then it would be alot faster than making them yourself.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:05 pm
My forces are played off the loyalist stereotype: it's assumed we're all loyal to our cause, like most of the Rebellion was. It might sound like bullshit because it is. I'm sure I have some pro-Sith with me, they're just not exaclty in a position to do much against me, like the pro-loyalists can in other fleets.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:10 pm
I reiterate:
Cale Darksun
Y'know, if you got the money, you might beable to hire the Corporate Sector to crank you out a couple Carriers.
It'll be expensive as hell, but if you got the cred and can figure out how to smuggle them into your territory, then it would be alot faster than making them yourself.

You migh even be able to get them to crank out maybe one Revenge Class knock-off.
Its not exactly a new design. It wouldnt be as good as a Revenge II, but it would be pretty damn effective for the use you'd be putting it to.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:13 pm
Cale Darksun
I reiterate:
Cale Darksun

You migh even be able to get them to crank out maybe one Revenge Class knock-off.
Its not exactly a new design. It wouldnt be as good as a Revenge II, but it would be pretty damn effective for the use you'd be putting it to.
I'd do that, but it'd never fall through  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:15 pm
ElladanKenet
Cale Darksun
I reiterate:
Cale Darksun

I'd do that, but it'd never fall through

Yeah. The real b***h would be finding away to get to the thing.
Theres no problem about paying for it.
Just give the CSA some of your Spartii tubes.
But smuggling in a Star Carrier would be damn tricky.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:24 pm
Yes it would be

What would work though...is if we could hijack one...  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:28 pm
ElladanKenet
Yes it would be

What would work though...is if we could hijack one...

Possible, but you would have to have a very precise plan.
Shipyards are well defended and well protected places.  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff