Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:02 am
....wow, you are an idiot arent you?
and for all intents and purposes, its a mech form.
Powered armor.
Its already in testing in our military.
so shut up.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:07 am
Darth_Ravage
I have read the Art of War. Leading from the front can be done from a walker. And viewscreens allow you to see the enemy without having to have windows, viewports, and their like. If you are one of those foolish to think that all of his statements will always be applicable in the present day or in the far future, then I am saddened and disappointed.

ok, you know nothing. Sun tzu's treatise on war was not just written by him but by his disciples and to think that his teachings will never apply in a future battlefield is to be ignorant to the world around you.
You may have read the book, but you don't understand it.
tell me what parts will never be needed in the future and I'll tear them out right now.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:11 am
Seriously guys, back down.

Ravage, nobody likes someone who copies and pastes arguements. think for yourself for a change, instead of just blasting others opinions as your own "fact". Cale, seriously, let the kid ramble. He'll never learn how to discuss anything if you just go off the handle every time he says something.

Seriously, both of you sound like children fighting over a toy.

Edit:On a side note, Cale, read the OGG. i've updated alot of it. i think you'll like it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:12 am
yes Sir.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:13 am
see edit  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:16 am
I have. thanks for the Pics Nelo. now I just need to post something in the RP since Vergresso is a hop skip and a jump away.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:22 am
That's a major update... I've posted on Corellia. Though corellia isn't that great. Its just more famous for the people and teh ships.

Back to weapons.

How many licks does it take to get to teh center of a lightsaberpop? The world may never know.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:27 am
does anyone really want to know?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darth_Ravage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:54 pm
None of those arguments were pasted from someone else's site. Although my conclusions are what they are as a result of discussions on some forums.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:26 pm
Hmm...that seemed like a fun and interesting argument (or at least the topic). I regret that I was asleep during it. Mind if I throw in my two cents?

Giant walking mechs, AKA "Gundamish" ones, seem fairly impractical, it seems. That doesn't make them any less cool looking, which can actually be more important than theoretical effectiveness, when in fiction.
They tend to loose any of the versatility advantages of the infantryman when they increase in size, and they are more exposed than the tank. Though, I suppose that the aiming of the hand weapons can be done faster or over a wider range of motion than a tank.
And one of the arguments about walker vehicles of any kind is that they are able to traverse inclines and broken terrain that tanks cannot manuver upon or in.

Powered Armor, Battlesuits, and the like...eh, to me they don't really count as walker mechs. They're more like advanced bodyarmor, that also enhances the user's capabilities. They has a great deal of potential; it increases the toughness of the wearer to tank-comparable levels, it enhances their speed and strength, often provides sensor suits and other equipment/electronics comparable to those of the tanks, and they still retain most of the benefits of infantry, such as versatility and ability to move through broken terrain.

As for Sun Tzu, I think the idea of it is that it's concepts are applicable to to modern day or future world; the concepts are fairly general and cover the underlying principles of war, which means that they're quite flexible in their application. As long as there's war, fought by people, everything else, the tech, weapons, etc, is merely icing on top.
I mean, think about it; a bow and arrow is a primitive ranged weapon. A gun is a ranged weapon, improving upon the bow and arrow (range, power, ease of use). A blaster is an improvement upon the gun. An elephant is a primitive heavy combat vehicle. A tank is a modern heavy combat vehicle. The underlying concepts generally remain the same.
And a lot of it wasn't about the actual fighting, but of the politics, logistics, espionnage and other such of war.
Myself, it's been a while since I've read it. I should go dig up a copy and read it again sometime.

Me, I think repulsorlift tanks are pretty neat. High mobility and speed, with the armor and power of a tank.
What was wrong with the repulsorlifts?  

HereticX

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:49 pm
On the Art of War, before anyone gets any further.

It was written quite a while ago. But all of it remains perfectly useful. The Art of War is not necessarily based on how to deploy troops and strategems for any given age.

Its the psychology of it. Every ounce in the book is useful. To say that any part of it should be thrown out is like saying Machiavelli's prince cannot be applied to this day and age.

One must simply know how to adjust for the measures brought forth. Just because Machievelli was writing about monarchies instead of democracies, it is no less useful.

Then again, if one, such as Ravage, is confused with the intracacies of the arts, then one cannot fully understand the meticulous details which allow for the flexibility of such banks of knowledge.

Man, some days are just too long.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:08 pm
hey guys, what is the model number of the AOTC era cone trooper rifle? thats bugging me.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:18 pm
The E-10! predecessor to the E-11!

I have no fricken clue man...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:21 pm
just found it: the DC-15
also, the ARC commander who kicked so much a** in the Clonewars cartoon was named Fordo. weird.
at anywho, Cale might find himself upgrading his DC-15s to the more powerful DC-17 hand blaster used by the legendary Fordo.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:24 pm
Fordo... Possible blood relation to Frodo?

Oh well. I really need a nightjob.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces