Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Are ALL goths depressed? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xx Sally Stiches xx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:35 pm
Nope.Not true.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:47 am
Veruniel
Nockz the Dark Cellist
Being depressed has not much if anything to do with being a goth unless your being bullied about it like. Here is an example for you, my girlfriend broke up with me after eight months. Now which ego of mine would be more depressed? the goth or the average joe? see? its just stuff that happens everyone lol. But then again being looked down upon by the majority of people is enough of a reason to depress some lol. Some mind you haha

Some people get depressed because of things that happen in their lives, but for some people depression is systemic. Genetic. They're born with it and they feel it all their lives (unless it's contained with medication). But in either case, it's got nothing to do with being gothic. Depressed people, whether they were born with it or not, aren't any more likely to become goths than anyone else.

Eeeeeeexactly ^^ I couldn't agree more  

Nockz the Dark Cellist

The_Super_Nintenho

Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:46 pm
Things in life happen, anyone in life can be depressed, hell I had to take pills for it, and I'm not the only one, and life has it's moments, I think it's a person's choice if they want to be upset over something or not, it's something to overcome.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:50 pm

I don't think all goths are depressed. I mean everyone has moments in their life where they get really sad or depressed because of events that happened to them or they just feel blah. It's just all about how you feel everyday and take on those feelings. Goths well to me see life as something you have to take and enjoy it while you can for everyday brings something new. I hate to go with the emo stereotype but they seem more depressed then goths.

NekoYasha09er

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:31 am
GAH!

WHY do people keep commenting on this one?!?! *is aware of hypocrisy* It's such a bad thread!!!
We all know we're not clinically depressed, WHAT IS THERE TO DISCUSS?!?!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:17 pm
hmm... i guess it would depend...
everyone gets depressed, it just depends on their situation
goths can show their depression and angst thryu how they behave, their friends, and their clothing, therefore releasing all of the pent up feeling.
so they can be happier, than most people who pretend and are torn up on the inside...everyone's emo, no one can help that, making fun of people who express it more just makes you a bad person.  

obeyfluffy

jessi exstasi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:16 pm
Haha. Yea right. Granted several may be but most certainly not all are.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:28 pm
Soviet Mudkipz
dumb question..no they're not, we're gothic not emo....
gonk  

Sharing Heartbeats

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:55 pm
spooky_sez
GAH!

WHY do people keep commenting on this one?!?! *is aware of hypocrisy* It's such a bad thread!!!
We all know we're not clinically depressed, WHAT IS THERE TO DISCUSS?!?!
Perhaps not everyone has read it and they would like to put in their say, even if it's the same as others...
Sounds pointless, yes. But it's what threads do.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:23 pm
Being depressed is a personality issue. It doesn't has anything to do with being goth.  

Shimerer

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:49 pm
Well, I'm over exuberant quite a lot of the time, but I can get depressed (teenagehood sucks)...

I think that the depressing thing that people think of is the fact that goths wear black, and to the general populous, black is depressing, so they assume.

Emos aren't depressed either, they're just attention whores, who try and get attention through pity, and then say they don't want it.

I do take anti-depressants though (they act as anti-anxiety... anxiety I have a major problem with)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:48 pm
Kaishi Kyouki

Emos aren't depressed either, they're just attention whores, who try and get attention through pity, and then say they don't want it.
Heheh too true. I think they are quite emotional, or at least act like it because of their pitiful mindset. They can be depressed but it's the same as anyone with their individual life. They just like to make it known to the world...

ShadowLotus

stefcia stefcia

Versatile Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:04 am
Not all of ''goth's'' are depressed,
Though I on the other hand, am very.
Though I haven't been referred to as a goth in quite some time.
Due to my switch of clothes style in High School,
Though I do tend to hear whispers of the name.
And also I've been called emo and just a depressed girl,
Though threw out jr. high, that's all I was to the other students, a goth.
So whatever. I'm in constant depression, but that doesn't mean everyone is.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:56 am
I've actually never met a single goth that wasn't depressed most of the time. But like other fairytale creatures, I believe they do exist xD
Personally I am depressed almost all of the time. I have had my happy moments but they're not reflected forever. I've known goths that acted perky or happy but they also are quite depressed. They act happy because they have a good time.

ShadowLotus

destructive emotions

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:52 pm
this is just me, but i am a very angry person. DEPRESSED? no. ANGRY? meh, yes. I think its wrong for people to make those assumptions, because even if we may follow a certain style, or whatever, doesnt mean ALL of those people are depressed. I ******** hate that s**t!!! >.>; SEE...anger. Not depression. hehe. My side of teh story, and my side of emotion...in conclusion, im NOT depressed, but meh mehself, is an ANGRY person...not saying all goths are, but im saying thats me. Also some one before me said "we are goth, not emo"...lol i loved that, my friends and I were over hear laughing our ******** asses off. xD

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff