Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 3
The Sims 3 (Official Thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ARE YOU EXCITED?!
  YESHH! O______________O
  Blegh. No.
View Results

goddess_oraorchid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:33 am
SilverMaple
Well, I'll probably buy it anyway even if I might not like it, because I love the Sims just that much. XD
the same thing happened with me and the gba game...I do regret it thou  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:47 am
Oh my gosh.. thinking about it - Sims 3 looks awesome. I think I wanna buy it. I hope it has everything in it, then I'll just delete Sims 2. I dont wanna keep on buying expansion packs.  

imanormalalien

Enelya Anarion

Omnipresent Strawberry

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:57 pm
I saw a recent trailer for Sims 3 and I have to say I'm extremely impressed. The level of detail dramatically surpasses that of Sims 2, and all around it looks like an incredible game play experience. I look forward to it! ;D  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:54 am
Durene
Oh my gosh.. thinking about it - Sims 3 looks awesome. I think I wanna buy it. I hope it has everything in it, then I'll just delete Sims 2. I dont wanna keep on buying expansion packs.

I can almost guarantee that the Sims 3 will have expansion packs. Thats how the company makes its money. They will milk it for everything they can get. There's already talks that the game might ship without weather so thats already one expansion pack they could make right there.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Chef Tine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:33 am

That's why I'm a little iffy about the sims3.. it looks great, but I've already spent so much on sims2 and I'm content with it.

Plus I'm not so happy with the way the new sims look...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:42 pm
I just noticed with all the Sims on Sims 3......no matter their skin tone, hair color, etc......all their facial structures pretty much look like Tori Spelling. neutral  

Noembelu

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:20 am
Chef Tine

That's why I'm a little iffy about the sims3.. it looks great, but I've already spent so much on sims2 and I'm content with it.

Plus I'm not so happy with the way the new sims look...
Even if I get Sims 3, I'll still play Sims 2.
I'll have to work up some way to spend enough time playing both though. rofl

I don't really mind paying for it, I might wait awhile until the price goes down.
But most of the expansions/stuff packs I got for the Sims 2 were gifts.
xp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:28 am
Has anyone preordered it? I was tempted but since I don't know the required specs (anyone know if they are published yet?) I didn't want to commit to something my computers can't run. I just got Sims 2 working on my laptop after the blue screen glitch cripled my sims on my desktop so I'm a bit leary to spend the money yet. sweatdrop  

Iris Lise

Interesting Browser

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:48 pm
I'm going to buy it regardless.
I only have about $30 saved up... I'm gonna buy the Special Edition one, too (:  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:17 am
Well, I'm not sure sims 2 really needed much improvement. They left it really wide open for custom content and mods, so the game really is what you want it to be.

The sims 3 characters look good, but I don't think they look any better then what we can already achieve.

Althought, I DO like the body tool. Much more realistic placement of weight throughout the body if you do it automatically, but you can also distribute weight however you want such as just in the stomache, or in the arms and legs, so thats pretty cool.  

Oh Em Jesus

LinkGirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:07 pm
When I first saw The Sims 3 I thought they looked plasticy. But after watching a bunch of the new features (like the trait system) I'm really excited. And it's going to be awesome to actually adjust your sims' weight and hair color.
...It still looks plasticy though. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:54 pm
Hey moon, please forgetto fall down.... Hey moon dont'cha go down....

I LOVE the create-a-sim on there.

I mean, I can have custom shape and everything.

But the f***ing system requirements for that game are NUTS.

I will be saving for EVER to get a computer to handle that.

But, that's just me. My computer barely meets TS2 requirements. It's only like, 3 years old, too. I don't have the money to buy a new computer each year. D<

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200

Noembelu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:33 pm
I just watched a bunch of previews, trailers, and a bunch of "behind the scenes" stuff about it on YouTube.

It doesn't look that bad when I look at it....but I don't think I'd enjoy the overall game structure.

See, Sims 2 was more intimate. You picked a family, and only focused on that one family when you played them. And now, you have to focus more on the community of "Sunset Valley", which basically means that you'll have a bunch of responsibility.

Plus, I don't like the way Sunset Valley looks, in terms of street structure. I was SO used to my neighborhood in Sims 2, and there is no way I'll be able to re-create it in Sims 3.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:37 pm
By the way, does Will Wright have anything to do with this one?

I was watching a bunch of the "Behind the Scene" stuff, and there are a bunch of people I've never seen before that didn't work on the original Sims and Sims 2. There was no sign of Will Wright, Jeff Braun, Luc Barthelet (sp?), Tim LeTorneau, or Lucy Bradshaw.

The people I saw looked like they were straight out of college. O_o  

Noembelu

Chef Tine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:19 pm
I changed my mind... I WANT IT!! lol I saw the latest video with the kick a** grandma at the end... oh yea... mrgreen  
The Sims 3

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff