Welcome to Gaia! ::

~The Haven For Harry Potter Fanatics~

Back to Guilds

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Dumbledore's Army, Marauders, Magic 

Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
Suggestions and Requests Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SuperKoolPartyGal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:42 am
I was wondering if maybe we could maybe have a valentine Avatar contest.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:18 pm
Yes, if you go to the Valentine Events thread, you'll see we have a tek-tek contest for couples!  

LadyHealingHands
Vice Captain

SuperKoolPartyGal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:00 am
Heheh I noticed that about the time I posted that...thanks!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:46 pm
I was wondering, if people sign up and refer someone then does their house get points?
^^"  

KitaAmaya

LadyHealingHands
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:13 pm
KitaAmaya
I was wondering, if people sign up and refer someone then does their house get points?
^^"

It's a great idea, but sorry, no. The closest we come is from time to time raffle chances for posting a banner on a profile. House points for recruiting gives too much potential for abuse via mules, but more importantly, we want people to join because they love HP and want the fun of playing with like minded-folks. There's lots of other opportunities to get house points!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:32 pm
Do you guys think we should start up a new forum-wide RP?
The previous one kind of... died.

PrickEnvy

LadyHealingHands
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:26 am
We don't need another subforum. We have a subforum for RPs besides the subforum for Harry Potter, Years Ahead: A Role Play which didn't leave space for other RPs besides itself. Feel free to start a new RP in the RolePlay subforum or join one already proposed.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:55 pm
Is there a plan to have a St. Patty's Day fanfic contest, or is it not really a major enough holiday to most people to merit one? I dunno if it's just because all my friends are Irish, but it's a huge deal here.  

The Stylish Nihilist

LadyHealingHands
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:29 am
The Stylish Nihilist
Is there a plan to have a St. Patty's Day fanfic contest, or is it not really a major enough holiday to most people to merit one? I dunno if it's just because all my friends are Irish, but it's a huge deal here.

Great idea -- Contest up and open: Walk or Apparate over to the Events subforum and see!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:18 pm
I was thinking maybe like during Christmas we could have another scavenger hunt. But thins time it would have a little twist...you have to find all of Luckys Charms, to get to the final item....a pot of gold! n_n, I just think the ideas cute...in a weird way.

Marshmallow power Apparate!  

SuperKoolPartyGal

Dragon In A Tree

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:55 am
Mmmh... Could we have another type of fanfiction contest that don't involve holidays? But mnore of the best fanfiction within one genre?

For example one week, we have "Best Humor Fanfiction", next week we have "Best Angst fanfiction?" Then we proceed to "Best Romance?"

It would be fun. Then we could read fanfiction within a number of different genres, and have a competition about it! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:40 am
Kitsune no Zetsumei
Mmmh... Could we have another type of fanfiction contest that don't involve holidays? But mnore of the best fanfiction within one genre?

For example one week, we have "Best Humor Fanfiction", next week we have "Best Angst fanfiction?" Then we proceed to "Best Romance?"

It would be fun. Then we could read fanfiction within a number of different genres, and have a competition about it! biggrin

I agree with that. Oneshots are so much fun to write.  

The Stylish Nihilist

LadyHealingHands
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:00 am
Kitsune no Zetsumei
Mmmh... Could we have another type of fanfiction contest that don't involve holidays? But more of the best fanfiction within one genre?

The Stylish Nihilist
I agree with that. Oneshots are so much fun to write.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I agree! GREAT idea! Would you two collaborate on it (There's a thought: Ravenclaw -Slytherin collaboration!)? Or you can do it separately, write it up as you think it should be posted and PM me with it, and let's do it! Include what you think should be given as prizes. Let's let it run through til just before the House Cup is awarded (MidSummer's Eve), and instead of a week, make it two weeks for submission, and another week for voting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:16 pm
LHH, could you put on the announcement tab the time and date for the next Quidditch match? (I believe it is April 19th, 6:00 PM London, UK time)
The last few tries to get a Quidditch match started kind of failed, so making an announcement might let more people see it...  

turayza

Luna___Lovegood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:37 pm
Ok, I have a suggestion that I would like for you guys to look at, I have it right here in my hand...*looks down at right hand* eek Where'd it go? Accio suggestion! Ah, I found it!
User Image
If you can't read what it says, I shall post it below,
Luna___Lovegood Wrote:
"Wit beyond measure...
LHH! I just thought of an idea! icon_eek.gif Could we have a House Appreciation Day? Everyone could wear their house color( or possibly their favorite house's color)! And then maybe we could have a contest for best House spirit! (The avi, I mean.) Is this a good idea?
...is a man's greatest treasure."

Absolutely fabulous idea! 5 points to you! Please post your suggestion to all of Haven in the Suggestion sticky in the main forum! Hmm...an Avi contest means they'll need to post a tek tek of their Avi in their post...and I think 4 contests with the Heads of House and Prefects judging, and the winners going into a dice roll for ultimate House Spirit...
I hope people understand this, I'm not sure if I understand it myself.. sweatdrop  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff