Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Prequel Trilogy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:01 pm
Yup, that's the one. They're kinda funny...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:27 pm
What I dont understand, is why all the star wars junkies on other forums such as boards.tf.n, or forums.sw.com, are freaking out about how the ending of AOTC, in which the Death Star Plans are shown, contradicts the Jedi Academy trilogy.

Why is there a problem with that?

Qwi Xux, and all could have still created the Death Star at the Maw Installation, and some imperial dude could have shown the plans off. I dont understand how this is all contradicting and what not, unless theres dates and time involved, in whic, not much of the EU and PT makes sense.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:37 pm
its because Tarkin is the man who creates the Death Star as we know it. he came up with the original design.

or so my memory form Essential guide to vehicles is telling me.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:46 am
...was he? In the Jedi Academy trilogy, it says that the designers at the maw Installation amde it FOR tarkin, who presented it to the emperor  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:16 am
i said if my memory serves me correctly, which it seems to cop out whenever necessary.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:23 am
lol...i think tarkin was too dumb to design anything, let alone a humongous battlke station  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:58 am
i dont remember. we haven't unpacked that box, and i can't seem to get something out of my head without ripping it to shreds.

i don't care.

what i hate is the people at TFN said that the plans on Geonosis WERE ABSOLUTELY NOT THE DEATH STAR PLANS. i say "Bull!"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:00 pm
I dont know whay people hate the prequel movies i love them not as much as 4,5 and 6 but still there star wars and about the death star plans maybe tarkin stole the plans and sead that he came up with them i mean he is evil after all and i bet he lies all the time  

NickCpointless

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:12 pm
I agree with Nelo, anyone who says that the plans on Geonosis weren't Death Star rip-offs is lying to themselves. What other large, spherical weapon of doom would they want to keep hidden from the Republic?

And counting years or not, it does contradict the trilogy. The whole story line there was that this Installation had been set up by Tarkin to build stuff that he could take credit for, yes. But, as I remember it, he'd dumped all the stuff there and didn't come back that often. Remember, it's in the middle of a black hole cluster, there aren't going to be a whole lotta people going in and out, especially if Tarkin wanted to keep it secret. So the idea that he just took the plans and went showing them off to everyone else before handing them over to the Emporer is a bit far-fetched, especially when you consider the extremes the Rebel spies had to go to in order to obtain a copy of the plans.
To quote Jedi Search on Tarkin's plans, after obtaining permission from the Emporer:
"After getting permission for his scheme, Tarkin had used his new authority as Grand Moff to put together this supersecret think-tank installation . . . Since Tarkin took credit for everything without citing his sources, the Emporer himself did not know of the installation's existance.
"The workers and architects who built the place had boarded a return ship . . . they had plunged straight into the mouth of a black hole. No loose ends.
"After Tol Sivron and his teams proved the initial concept of the Death Star, Tarkin had taken one of the Installation's top scientists . . . to the Outer Rim to oversee actual construction of the first production-model Death Star."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:57 pm
there we go, le Tenku has confirmed it  

FrozenPhoenix32

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:32 pm
The saddest part, I flipped right open to that section. sweatdrop And that took forever to type! Try holding open a paper back and typing. Ugh. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:42 pm
yikes..ive attemtped that once...not very fun...  

FrozenPhoenix32

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:51 pm
Especially in the horrible lighting in this room... stare  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:53 pm
I have no complaints about that particular issue. The plans could have gotten into the "right hands" through many various ways.  

Flamer42

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:49 pm
No matter what, I go with the books before the prequel trilogy.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff