Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
You might be in the SCA if.... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dkabyssaldragon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:42 pm
squire to fools
dkabyssaldragon
squire to fools
dkabyssaldragon
when your expected to help with children's activites and feast

and offered to to be the minister of minors(I'm still in high school though crying )

Smalls are lovely.

well that maybe that they are the SCA's future but they have the moments were i have a hard time to deal with them

I always envied the smalls that get to grow up in the SCA. It's a big deal for adults, but I can't even imagine how cool it is for little kids.

Not only do you get to play knights-and-ladies and dress up (staples in every child's world) with all your friends, but also with your parents and hundreds of other people. The thought of a child's perspective in our world just blows me away.

A few reigns ago our king and queen had a little girl whom they names princess royale (a standard practice). She was five or six. I was passing the youth minister and the children when I saw a girl of about six run past and whisper to a nearby lady "mommy, that girl's a princess!" My heart was goo.

i see your point.....but i was never like that as a child crying ......i was always shy as a child and always hanging onto my parrents  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:45 am
squire to fools
When somebody calls you by your given name and you have to take a second to figure out who they're talking to

(I didn't realize how foreign my name was to me... most mundanes don't use first names in conversation, but my SCA name gets a lot of wear)

I did that at the beginning of the school year for University. There was a draw for free tuition and the called my name and I wask ohh cool I wonder if they are here...hey wait a min that's me. Off I went but I felt really stupid that I didn't figure out that it was me at first.  

Shelby Pierre-San

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:41 pm
Shelby_73
squire to fools
When somebody calls you by your given name and you have to take a second to figure out who they're talking to

(I didn't realize how foreign my name was to me... most mundanes don't use first names in conversation, but my SCA name gets a lot of wear)

I did that at the beginning of the school year for University. There was a draw for free tuition and the called my name and I wask ohh cool I wonder if they are here...hey wait a min that's me. Off I went but I felt really stupid that I didn't figure out that it was me at first.

Wow! Congratulations on the tuition  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:58 pm
. . . you see a good-looking young woman walking down the beach in a swimsuit and, impressed by the gracefulness of her walk, think how lovely she'd look in a houppelonde.

Yes, that actually happened - to me!  

Wave-Darer

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:58 am
I don't know why I didn't think of this one before:

. . . you buy your boyfriend earrings as an anniversary present.

Long story which I don't have time for at the present moment. . . I'll be back to regale you all. 3nodding wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:52 pm
Arithrel
*-You consider chocolate chip cookies to be a form of currency. (I dunno-is this SCA wide or more of an An Tir thing? lol)

It may not be SCA-wide, but it has occurred in Atlantia. The Midrealm used a chest of chocolate chip cookies and faux pearls as an "inducement" for Atlantia to ally itself with the Midrealm in a Pennsic War about . . . 20 years ago.  

Wave-Darer

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:03 pm
- someone in your class has the same first name as your persona, and whenever they're called on, you get really confused that someone else answers.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:01 pm
Imzy
-you've ever gone fabric shopping with two straight men and heard one exclaim to the other, "Oh, my god! Just /look/ at this fleur-de-lis fabric! It's /fabulous!/ I've /got/ to have it. I'll take the whole bolt." (*lol* yeah, that should be in a NSTIW story too.)

-for that matter, if you've ever gone fabric shopping with a straight guy, /period/!

-you get excited about getting a part in a play because it's set in the middle ages, and that means that you get to make new garb!

...I'm sure I'll come up with others. smile

LOL I think my ex knows the fabric dept better than most of my female friends. He's fussy about the quality of his velvet, too.  

dkpalmer

Friendly Genius

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200

dkpalmer

Friendly Genius

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:23 pm
Imzy
littlegreengirl
- after an event, when you and your household first go offsite to eat (in garb), you wonder why everyone is staring at you, and why do they dress so funny?

Hee! Freaking the mundanes is /fun/, though!
Yes it is! Especially when the men forget they're wearing (peace-tied) live steel, and saunter into McD's.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:04 am
+ - when you pause the DVD to drool at the garb.  

choco meijin

dkabyssaldragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:33 am
dkpalmer
Imzy
littlegreengirl
- after an event, when you and your household first go offsite to eat (in garb), you wonder why everyone is staring at you, and why do they dress so funny?

Yes it is! Especially when the men forget they're wearing (peace-tied) live steel, and saunter into McD's.

that's funny........but we can't do that here in nc....... crying we'd get arrested  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:45 am
dkabyssaldragon
dkpalmer
Imzy
littlegreengirl

that's funny........but we can't do that here in nc....... crying we'd get arrested
That WAS in NC. LOL In Hickory, after a 12th Night event.  

dkpalmer

Friendly Genius

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200

dkabyssaldragon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:48 pm
dkpalmer
dkabyssaldragon
dkpalmer
Imzy
littlegreengirl

do you live in NC?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:57 pm
dkabyssaldragon
dkpalmer
dkabyssaldragon
dkpalmer
Imzy
littlegreengirl

do you live in NC?
I did, but I'm in VA now.  

dkpalmer

Friendly Genius

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff