Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Should we fear Death? (opinion) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Promise to only state your opinion, no arguements?
  yeah. =)
View Results

pandoras_box13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:51 pm
I don't really fear death... but all the possibilities that can happen AFTERWARDS.
I mean... we will be dead. That part, I don't mind.
But if you really think hard about it, it might be kind of like before you were born. All those things that happened and you were in utter blackness... in fact. You don't even remember being in darkness.

It hurts your head after a while of thinking about it, so do it in small doses. Aha!

All in all though, I'm afraid of what most people are afraid of.
Leaving the people I love. Not making a big enough difference. Not telling the love of your life that, indeed, you love them because you keep putting it off.
But death in itself... not feared.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:08 pm
This thread keeps popping up every now and then so when I'm walking to the shops or something I'll remember it and start thinking about it more.

I think anyone who says they're 100% not afraid of dying at all in any way is lying. Or at least they don't grasp the total finality of dying. Not that we really can, I guess. How can something that thinks and has a sense of self imagine nothing at all? Not existing is a pretty hardcore thing to happen. I'd rather exist.
I want to be plugged into every machine for as long as possible! I like being alive! It's the secret to life- not dying.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Gorganoth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:20 pm
I do not fear what is after death but the way of my death.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:58 pm
Yes, it prevents you from living, and that's what all living things strive to keep doing. Silly question stare  

DioRte

Lifesucks411

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:46 pm
I have notice this through out my whole life. Its like if death is walking behind me, waiting to trip me up with its foot so he can finally get get me. I have come close to death about 4 times now and yet I am still alive. So no I don't fear death, I welcome it. If death is going to get me might as well let think of a way to really get me.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:42 am
no, death is natural and everyone has to go through it. although people should die in a painless way, not like drowning or something. crying "im gonna die in a painful way" crying  

Enviousfairy

Kostbarer Alptraum

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:55 pm
Eugene Trask said everyone dies of heart failure. I say I'm better off parannoid than dead. I almost drowned when I was seven. It was an halfway between an accident and a suicide attempt. But even despite the panic of being rushed away by the river's current and the water in my lungs, there was peace in that moment. Heck, even the sunlight filtering through the water looked pretty.
I don't know what happens afterlife. I don't believe in afterlife. I guess I fear death in a way because of the unknown. But otherwise it should be pretty comfortable, shouldn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:21 pm
Quote:
Marla’s philosophy of life is that she might die at any moment; the tragedy, she said, is that she didn’t.

Kinda cliche but oh well.
Might a well live life while you can.

Kakei Setsunai

Beloved Phantom

xlostxinxdarknessx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:33 am
I don't thnk we should be afraid of death but i am  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:26 pm
I DO NOT FEAR DEATH...IN FACT I WISH FOR IT. THE TOTAL DESTRUCTION OF MANKIND IS SOMETHING OF A GOAL, A QUEST EVEN.  

Primo V

Drowned_in_a_teacup

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:35 am
Instead of fearing death, I try to use the idea as motivation...it's not working very well though sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:13 am
My only fear is life will be wasted when it's finally over. In the end, none of it matters. You're just another human. Even if you affect many other humans, they all die. Even if you're remembered for centuries, humans will all die, and any memory or sign of your existence will be finally destroyed when the sun burns out and the earth crumbles.

It's for this reason that to be condemned to a prison for life, is worse than death, because it's the exact same thing. The only difference is you have to suffer for decades before you're finally set free to whatever may follow death, even if it is absolutely nothing.

When you really think about it, we're all just cells in the cancer that is mankind. We only play a microscopic part in this infectuous devastation of ourselves, the planet, and the creatures around us. And that's why, if I could bring all humans along with me, I would embrace death fully, without second thoughts. And that would be the only way to have not truly wasted your life. I think.  

nautilus pilot

Goth_Sanguine_Blood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:35 am
Death is everywhere. It will come to everyone its inevitable. Why fear it? Its going to happen whatever you do.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:53 pm
If I were you....I'd be more afraid of how I was going to die than anything else....  

Henneth Annun
Captain

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas