Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
DronzeRants... Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Count it!
  +1 YES!
View Results

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:03 pm
[Nuisance]
You're pretty harsh dronze.

Maybe people should stop being so stupid then. There are many other people who're a hell of a lot harsher than dronze. At least he doesn't swear up a storm or says that he hopes his victim's family dies in a fire. I've seen that a lot.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:09 pm
dronze
#2...

Quote:
LET ALONE HELP THEM! THEY'RE ALWAYS USING 1337 AND cHaT SPEAK AND TYPING LIKE RETARDS!

This is the part where I point out that you, yourself are guilty of the exact same thing they are, and point out the fact that you're an ignorant asshat,

I read to here....
YOU ROCK!
Yep you made my day.  

Hierophilia

K0B0LD

Dangerous Wife

8,300 Points
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:50 am
Hmmm. This proves my feelings that humanity is getting more idiotic.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:00 pm
kobold505

No, unfortunately, that isn't the case.

People, as a population, are getting smarter... the issue here is that the people getting smarter are putting together things that make life easier, and so the masses get lazy.

Inventions that have contributed to this laziness...

Text messaging
Chat rooms
Fast Food
Cell phones
TV Dinners
Reality Television
News shows that grasp for ratings

anyhow, I'm not on here for long, just figured I'd get the buzz for what people are saying about the rants today. now i'm going to go pass out after a long day of paintball.  

dronze
Vice Captain

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:37 pm
dronze
kobold505

People, as a population, are getting smarter... the issue here is that the people getting smarter are putting together things that make life easier, and so the masses get lazy.

Text messaging
Chat rooms
Fast Food
Cell phones
TV Dinners
Reality Television

anyhow, I'm not on here for long, just figured I'd get the buzz for what people are saying about the rants today. now i'm going to go pass out after a long day of paintball.

Don't forget graphing calculators-- they banned them from the first semester of calculus class to "wean people off" of them. sweatdrop
I agree about the cell phones in particular... there's something strangely wrong about seeing a five-year-old kid pull out a Razr to call his mom to pick him up from the movies. Just... wrong.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:18 pm
It's all about moderation really...I mean, cell phones are always good to have if in case of emergency or if you need to call up someone, but the real problem is that people misuse it and 'abuse' privileges.  

Black Hale

BUCK3T

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:03 pm
Teh Boxman
[Nuisance]

Maybe people should stop being so stupid then. There are many other people who're a hell of a lot harsher than dronze. At least he doesn't swear up a storm or says that he hopes his victim's family dies in a fire. I've seen that a lot.

I have too. But I thought this guild was to help noobs, and teach others how to work for their own gold instead of insulting their intelligence.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:29 pm
[Nuisance]
Teh Boxman
[Nuisance]

I have too. But I thought this guild was to help noobs, and teach others how to work for their own gold instead of insulting their intelligence.

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. See if people run around saying stuff that annoy people. They are bound to get chewed out at one time or another. I think what Dronze is trying to say is Stupidity isn't tolerated and you should think before you post. This is something that even someone that knows the site well can be guilty of. If mostly everyone doesn't like you what is most likely going to happen. I see the same thing happen time and time again. Knowing this website goes past how to make gold and all that. You also need to learn how to deal with the people on it.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Hierophilia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:39 pm
dronze
kobold505

Text messaging
Chat rooms
Fast Food
Cell phones
TV Dinners
Reality Television

reality television.... Dude your my hero!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:55 am
Faked reality is one of entertainments greatest ers.  

Krusadin

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:06 pm
[Nuisance]
Teh Boxman
[Nuisance]

Allow me to put up a few words in my own defense... I'm harsh because I don't hold back what I'm thinking. I may censor it a little bit, but we are here to help the new people, we are not, however, here to coddle them.

Sorry, but if people can't put in the effort to pay enough attention in class, or to pick up a book or newspaper every so often, it's not my problem. I do, however, see it as my obligation to try and motivate them to maybe do so. I'm truly sorry if you think that I can be harder than I need to be on these people who, honestly, don't seem to have too keen a grip on reality.

Everybody seems to think that music, games, and television are destroying society, but please, allow me to offer the real culprit... laziness. People are too lazy to pay attention to each other, communicate effectively with each other, think for themselves, pick another's brain, or do anything that may bring themselves to be ridiculed because they're actually doing something to be innovative or something that they enjoy simply because they enjoy it. People seem to want to be TOLD what they like, what they don't like, and what is or isn't the right thing to do, without any real reasoning as to why.

People are too lazy to live.

Now, before you get all up in arms about that statement, please, read on, as there is a very valid point to be made with my highlighting that particular sentence.

When I say that "People are too lazy to live", what I'm trying to get across is that people don't want to put the work it takes to live happy, fulfilling lives. Most people want to live in a safe, sanitized, choice-free world where somebody else is telling them what to wear, say, think, do, eat, and how to be. All these counter-culture wannabes seem to be missing the point when they start acting all high and mighty about the fact that they're rebelling against "the man". the reality is that 98% of them are doing it because somebody else told them that it was cool. The irony of all this is that they want to live in that same safe, sterile world that the people they seem to be rebelling against want, only with slightly different decor.

Nobody wants to open their eyes because they're too afraid to be offended by what they see, so instead they bury themselves in a pile of whatever it is they want to believe as fact, and have absolute blind faith in what it is they're following. People would rather emulate what they see on TV, rather than be individuals.

If you really have a problem with the way that I try to get these people to realize that acting like the lowest common denominator will get them nowhere, then, please, suggest to me a way of doing so that will be as effective, and won't make me become rather firmly planted in the opinion that you're as bad as the rest of them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:34 am
I understand your point, that laziness causes more problems than the average person thinks. However, if I were to learn from someone, I would rather be spoken to civilized, than having my intellectual state insulted. Though, it may be effective to get them thinking about what they are doing wrong, the vulgarity of your statement will make them shy away from the point you are trying to make. I have learned from experience that I would rather listen to someone who explains himself or herself without reverting to insults.

I agree that people need to be put into their place. At the same time, I myself would rather explain my point of view, giving constructive criticism and not have to slight someone, especially if he or she are not accustom to the set ways. Possibly my way of thinking is wrong. I do know that we all are flawed in some way, thus I try to help others as much as I can, and at the same time I accept any suggestions whole heartily.

BUCK3T

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:02 am
I will grant you the fact that perhaps a more civilized exchange is in order for some of these people, however, consider the fact that, in a lot of cases, unless you get harsh with some of them, they just won't stop.

I present an example from just this past weekend, when I went out to the paintball field:

We had gone out to a paintball field about an hour and a half out of town to play a few games. Now, despite the fact that we're still fairly new to this field, we're pretty well known, and most people like us, or at least tolerate us. Things are generally civil, and the trash talk gets flung around every so often, but it's all in good fun, however there are those people, both new players and people who have been playing for a while, that tend to grate the nerves of their fellow players.

The person I'm talking about, in this case, was a kid who hadn't so much as played a day in his life, and he was having a bit of an issue trying to figure out how to chrono and adjust his muzzle velocity. I was over in the chrono range, making a few tweaks to my own gun, and offered to give him a hand.

I checked his gun for him, and told him how to adjust it.... 3 or 4 times... but kept my patience for the new player. He didn't seem too annoying at the time, but I was quickly corrected when it came time to hit the field.

In the first game, instead of listening to others, and watching what people were doing, and asking questions, this kid was making demands, and shouting orders. People were certainly getting annoyed with this, and I was doing my best to control my tongue.

By the time we got to playing a bit of capture and hold, I was starting to get really ticked. This kid would either A: follow you so closely that he would give away your position, or B: hang in the back, no where near the objective in the center of the field, and hide behind some cover.

I had chewed him out a few times, and he never seemed to get the point of any constructive criticism, at all. He was dead weight in the field... in fact, he was worse than dead weight... he was an ignorant know-it-all noob that, at one point, demanded paint from one of the members of my team (Ravenlady13).

Long story short, when he "accidently" got shot by friendly fire, he bitched, and nobody cared.

This kid reminded me of so many n00b posts in the Donations subforum, it wasn't even funny...

Long story short, even if you don't get harsh with people, they will persist. If they actually take the time to listen, because getting over ones pride can be a difficult thing to do so they can listen, and learn, then they'll eventually learn. It's like Boot Camp, break 'em down to build them back up.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:57 am
great topic dronze, love the dronzerant...

as for nuisance's comment about being harsh or not. i think there are some times that harsh is the right way.

for example, in one of your rants, the noobs asking for 800k...
people may say, "hey its worth a try' but come on, if he knows how hard it is to get 10k, is it make sense to ask for 800k from strangers that you don't even know, talk to, or even communicate with during your time in Gaia (which in his/her case about a month???) that need to be 'dronze-nized'

and i agree there are people who are prefer to be reasoned with better words and not insult-ion, but again, from the dronzerants that i read [other than that one post with a really strange English (i'm not an english speaker myself)] THEY DESERVED IT...

oh well, keep it up, i'll wait for more dronzerants...

now to join charisma and kage in to create egg canon....  

Sky144

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:55 pm
That story you told kind of reminds me of this music lyric I once heard by guns and roses. What we have here is failure to communicate. Some people you just can't reach. So, you get what we had here last week, Which is the way he wants it ! Well , he gets it!

See what I meant by quoting this line is. It is not so much that what your saying is wrong. It is more a matter of pride really. See many people are rather defensive about this really. Some people regardless of what you say to them will ignore facts if they felt insulted. This way of thinking has become so prevalent that most people don't even speak from facts or experience when upset. Instead they speak for effect to try to get a reaction. I would really like to read the end of this situation to see how it ended.  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff