Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:27 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Yukina101
User Image
User Image

αɢє 11 | αםvєитυяєя | υиsσятєם ғιяsт чєαя

☆º°”˜`”°º☆ ★º°”˜`”°º★

ﻬஐ Caty rode across the murky lake, climbed up the long stairs towards the castle, and waited patiently (if giddily) in the antechamber for the main event. No one had really asked her which House she was rooting for, not even her family members. She supposed they all hoped she'd go into their own Houses, except perhaps Rhys but he was stuck in his little pyramid at the moment and would get back to her when he was feeling better. While forming the line and being paraded into the Great Hall she took a moment from gazing at the ceiling in awe to excitedly wave at her cousin at her table of crimson and gold. She also waved at her brother but he was glaring at his table so she didn't think he noticed. Bother. As bad as everything was, having her last name be "Blake" actually helped out that evening since she was one of the firsts to be called up. When her full name was called she did a tiny wrinkle of her nose not used to hearing it before she walked (ok so she might have ran a tiny bit towards the end) to the stool and hoped aboard it. The moment the Sorting Hat descended upon her head and hiding the crowd from her sight she allowed just the tiniest of smirks to show on her face. "Alright Mr. Hat. Gimme you're best shot!"ஐﻬ

Quote:
      ■ ENERGETIC It takes a lot to make Caty stand still. She's constantly moving, jumping, fidgeting or creating mock sword fights with her friends. Or real sword fights if steel were available.
      ■ PERSUASIVE From an early age she found out that being the youngest of the family, especially the youngest girl, came with some very special perks. One being that if she pouted enough or made the right sized teary eye she would get what she wanted. Now that she's older the pouting is still the same but the teary eye had evolved more into a "logical" debate that would result in what she wanted.
      ■ TENACIOUS Once she's had her mind set upon something she will do her everything to ensure it comes into fruition. Using whatever means necessary. This also means that whatever thought or opinion that she's gathered onto she will not relinquish without a fight; figurative or literal she has no problem with either.
      ■ PRAGMATIC While she does enjoy a friendly spar now and then, Caty would rather handle issues with a sensible and cool head rather than go charging blindly into battle. She's also very practical and tries to plan ahead so that even if she ends up losing she'll gain something from it.
      ■ POSSESSIVE Not of possessions mind, but of people. Especially those closest to her which would be her father, brothers, and single female cousin. She has a hard time letting go and accepting that they will eventually move on and marry because she's afraid that they will leave her behind and that will be that.
      ■ SELF-SACRIFICING In accordance with her pragmatic approach, she can be entirely too selfless when time comes. She would rather pay the price for the greater battle than allow something bad happen to someone else that she cares about. She would go through hell and back for those closest to her and probably kick those who aren't into the actual fiery pit.

Quote:

Quote:

quote=""]

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'll think of a mermaid lagoon
Oh--underneath a magic moon
I'll think I'm in a pirate's cave
I'll think I'll be an Indian brave
Now, everybody try--one, two, three!
We can fly! We can fly! We can fly!

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Full of energy,
And yet you have a manipulative streak in you...
You must be the baby in the family then,
I know where I shall place you...

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:39 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

murruelecreuset
Raymond Ara Yuko
First Year Unsorted
Pureblood

User Image
                                                  Location : Boathouse -> Great Hall

Ray followed Pandora Thorne up to the great hall. He looked around seemingly interested in how the castle looked. Torches lit and stars in the sky. Students dressed in robes sitting at tables. The house colors visible for each. He was curious about where he'd end up. His mother had been played in Ravenclaw if memory served. His father despite not attending Hogwarts was in a Slytherin equivalent or so he believed his mother mentioned once.

The burning question on Ray's mind clearly was where would he be placed...? He was protective but he didn't think he was the type to risk himself for anyone. He was blunt and too the point but he didn't think he was overly so. He was even smart but he wasn't the go hard on your studies type either. He wasn't even an overly friendly happy person. Shaking his head, Ray figured he should just remain composed and go up when his name was called. "Raymond Yuko." Looking up as his name was called, Ray took a breath before walking up and taking a seat on the stool.

Personality
                                                  ■ BLUNT I don't usually say much as I keep to myself most of the time. However when I do speak up I tend to be pretty blunt and at time rather truthful. I'm not doing it to be mean I just think it needs to be said. Though I'll admit sometimes I do say certain things to be exactly that... mean.
                                                  ■ PERFECTIONIST I strive for perfection. I hate to fail and with perfection you don't fail. If things don't go right it tends to get to me. I like things organized and in order. Move something and I'll probably flip so I only hope my roommates don't touch my stuff.
                                                  ■ CALCULATING Before I do anything I'm always thinking about whether my actions will benefit me or not. Even if I'm doing it for someone else, I always have my motives for doing it. I mean who doesn't right? If I blow off doing something chances are I'll do it in the most tactful way possible. You probably won't even know that I won't want to do it.
                                                  ■ OBSESSIVE Saying I obsess over everything is an understatement. If something isn't going right I'll spend hours making sure it is. When I find an interest in something I spend all my time on it. It could be anything from a hobby to an individual person I find interesting. My obsessive nature also makes me go a tad mental.
                                                  ■ PROTECTIVE Being obsessive I'm also quiet protective over those I care about. It might take a bit to get on that care about list but once you're on it I'll do anything to protect you. Some say I'm over protective though so I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.
                                                  ■ SELF PRESERVATION Despite being protective I'll only go so far. I'm not the type to risk my own safety to protect those I consider friends. When it comes to family I'll protect them and it takes a lot to get me to put myself above them. Though, if you were to back stab me, family or not it's all about me.

Status: Content and Interested
                                                  With: Fellow First Years

Wearing: Plain Black Robes

OOC: ---

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...

Slytherin!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:43 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

OliMcD
User Image xxAll hail the underdogs
xxAll hail the new kids
xxAll hail the outlaws
xxSpielberg's and Kubrick's

C H E L S E Ax A L T Ax V A Nx A S T E N
UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years OldMuggleborn

The ride across the lake had been intense. Too dumbfounded by the castle, Chessie hadn’t really spoken or paid attention to her boat mates. Her state of awe was sustained still, and she was struggling to process everything their guide had said about houses. Nobody had told her about any of this, and she felt like too much was being thrown at her at once. The singing hat didn’t help very much either. It was definitely culture shock. Hopefully things would calm down a little soon.

Chessie stood as her classmates were sorted, not really watching or even listening. She was just off inside her head somewhere, trying to put everything in place, when her name was finally called. Alphabetical order wasn’t kind to her. Nervously, she made her way up to the hat. Having no honest understanding of how the houses differed from one another, Chessie was more concerned with having the hat set upon her head. It was animate, and the poor girl had a sinking feeling that it could read her thoughts. She could only hope that it would keep them private.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm feisty. I absolutely love to play devil’s advocate, and will do anything I can to get a stir out of people. It’s not ill intent, I just think it’s funny to see people forced out of their comfort zones. Beyond this, though, is a sweet girl who just wants to make friends and be well-liked. I’m very caring and sensitive, and I feel the weight of everyone’s problems... well, at least the people I like. Though I spend a lot of time winding up my friends, it’s worth noting that I would do any and everything I could to be sure that they are safe and happy.

OOC:
Username

It's our time to make a move
It's our time to make amends
It's our time to break the rules
Let's begin

My dear, of course I'm able to read your thoughts...
However, that is what I was designed to do...
And from the looks of things,
I do believe you will fit well here...

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:48 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Maiya Kajuji
xxxxxxxxxUser Image

Cerry sat down, her breath hard. She grabbed the edge of the stool so hard her knuckles must have turned white. She wasn't the kind to let this sort of thing bother her, but she was a little terrified. As long as no one could tell what she was feeling of course. She must have looked white as a sheet right now. She took a deep breath and tried to clear her mind, she didn't want this hat spewing anything weird about her to the rest of the students. Oh this would be interesting.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm bubbly. I like people and talking, but I am always, always up for an adventure. I like playing games and exploring and finding out new things. I also personally think I am hilarious. My dad says I've got nerve because I don't back down from anything. I try things that aren't always smart because it makes me feel daring. I don't always look at the consequences of that, however. Overall I'm just passionate and a very nice person who cares about others.

ooc; outfit in top pic
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

Unsorted First Year

OOC:

Adventurous...
With a touch of recklessness thrown in...
I believe this should help you find like-minded individuals...

Gryffindor!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:00 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Maiya Kajuji
User Image

c o l i n xx d o y l e

When Colin's name was called, his heart skipped a little. He knew that whatever house he got put in it would be a good thing, he trusted the hat, but oh goodness he was nervous. He swallowed hard. He had to admit he wished someone could sit with him. It was stupid he knew, but this silly little hat intimidated him to no end. He just had to think about this logically, after all the hat had to be somehow sentient, right? Did that make this better or worse? He wasn't quite sure. He just needed to shut his brain up and let the hat do its job.

Quote:
People say that in a nutshell, I'm clever. I can easily figure things out and love to solve problems. Despite this, I sort of like to hang around in the background. I don't enjoy being the center of attention, but I will if I really have to. I'm very protective of people and I make friends quite easily though I do tend to be quite sarcastic about...basically everything. Sometimes it comes across as a bit rude but I really don't mean. I also really love to learn if I am busy with something else I have my nose stuck in a book. At this time, I am very focused except when I have this nasty habit of spouting out random facts in the middle. Typically no one cares but I love it.

ooc;
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

UNSORTED FIRST YEAR

Well, you like to unravel problems,
And are apparently quite clever,
Perhaps this house should suit your needs...

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:07 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Maiya Kajuji
User Image

Zallie sat down, and shut her eyes tightly. She knew it wasn't going to do her any good but she couldn't look. It wasn't like she could see that hat but she could feel moving around up there. If she closed her eyes she'd get done with this whole thing a lot sooner, or at least it would feel like that to her. She took a breath and held it tightly, waiting for the hat to speak.

Quote:
People say that in a nutshell, I'm an enigma. When people first meet me I'm really quiet and shy but that all changes pretty quick. I'm really talkative and I love to learn. I'm basically the perfect sidekick. I don't always start things myself, but I am definitely willing to follow others. I am always up for an adventure even if it is not always the best decision. Although I've been told I'm really intelligent, sometimes I just don't know how to use it I guess you could say. I'm always a good friend and fiercely loyal. Also quirky and fun. People just like me.

ooc;
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR. DO NOT REMOVE.

UNSORTED FIRST YEAR

Talkative when you get going,
And a follower rather than a leader,
I bet you're also loyal to those you do follow...
Better be...

Hufflepuff!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:13 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

OliMcD
User Image xxSo naive
xxI keep holding on to what I want to believe

M O R G A Nx F E L I Xx M A T H O S
UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years OldHalfblood

Morgan perked up as his name was called, rushing toward the stool for sorting. He’d been excited about this for years; his dad had told him everything in his letters. Personally, Morgan was hoping for Gryffindor. He thought it was the noblest house, and no other house would do him justice. With a smirk on his face that portrayed his confidence, Morgan sat. 'We meet at last,' he greeted the hat in his thoughts. 'Now put me in Gryffindor where I belong.'

Quote:
■ OBSERVANT Morgan is a people-watcher. He likes to learn about peoples’ quirks and habits, and to store this information away in case he needs to exploit it later. He doesn’t just observe people either; his surroundings are always thoroughly scanned in case any situation arises.
■ DEVIOUS Morgan is very good at finding sneaky ways to get what he wants. He’s been working on this skill ever since infancy, when he learned that a convincing cry could get him some undeserved pampering.
■ TEMPERAMENTAL The slightest stimuli will turn a happy Morgan into a very upset Morgan, which quickly evaporates into a very angry Morgan. His close ones must be careful with what they say, and only his closest friends can know how to talk him down from a fit.
■ IDEALIST Morgan believes very strongly that he must try to enforce a perfect world. He understands that the world isn’t perfect now, but always expects people to act in a way that will make it so. When they don’t, he will hold a grudge.
■ GENEROUS Those who get to know Morgan won’t do so without receiving gifts and favors galore. He doesn’t want to buy friendships, but he does want people to like him, and he believes that giving them what he can might help. He also doesn’t care so much about material things, so giving is easy for him.
■ LOYAL Once Morgan makes a friend, he will stick to said friend like gum to a shoe. He won’t give up on that friendship. The only problem is that he expects the same, and gets very upset when people don’t share his enthusiasm for loyalty.

OOC:
Username

I can see
But I keep holding on and on and on and on

You believe you can impose your will upon me?
Well, this is actually amusing to watch.
I know just where to put you instead!

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:17 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

SummerIsles
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
------c l α í r є------w í l s σ n------

♫ If you ever need someone to cry to ♪
♫ If you ever need someone to hold you ♪
♫ I will be there ♪
♫ Standing by your side ♪

------fírst----чєαr----wítch------

Claire followed the people as they led her through the boat and up to the school, nervousness building inside her. Now that they were walking into the Great Hall, she was even more nervous. Oh, she wished Rider was here.... Oh, wait, there she was! Claire waved excitedly to Rider, seeing her sister helping to calm her a little. But the mounting excitement of Sorting was threatening to overwhelm her. Claire waited as name after name was called, listening as they drew closer to her name. When it was finally called, she slowly moved up to the stool, placing herself gently upon it. Rider had informed her that she'd hear it speak but no one else would until it proclaimed her House. Please let me be with my sister, she thought, nervously chewing on her lip.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm kind of shy, until you get to know me. Then I open up and become quiet the talkative one. I look up to my big sister and want to be just like her. Mum says that's because it's in our genes to idolize older sisters. Once I get going though, I have a very interesting personality. I'm easily scared though, so when adventuring with my sister, I quickly become a thorn in her side. In either the sun or the rain, I tend to be in a good mood and quite happy. I'm adventurous and inquisitive and generally fun-loving. When faced with a situation, I try to find a logical solution, but sometimes I just take the easiest option.

♫ If you ever need someone ♪
♫ To just love you ♪
♫ If you ever need someone ♪
♫ To simply adore you ♪

------σ u t----σ f----c h α r α c t є r------

{...}

You have a strong desire to be with your sister, hrm?
Well my dear, I do believe you needn't worry about that...
For this is where you truly belong...

Hufflepuff!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:22 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Jade Galaksylph
User Image

Nicole Lyra "Nike" Lovette

First YearPurebloodUnsortedSecond-born

I’m like a scarf trick, it’s all up the sleeve
                      I taste like magic, waves that swallow quick and deep
                      Throw the bait, catch the shark, bleed the water red
                      Fifty words for murder and I’m every one of them

╔══════════════════════════════╗

'Finally, it's happening'

That's the first thing Nike thought as she arrived at the Great Hall, she had a great smile on her face when she lined up with the other first years. It felt welcoming to her, and the atmosphere of the castle was pleasing for her. She could notice that some of her batchmates were so dumbfounded and so anxious, she just could not help it but snicker at them. It was just funny to see people being so nervous about it. Come on, it was just a hat, it wasn't like it was going to eat your brain or anything. For Merlin's Sake though, they should stop being too nervous about it--

"Lovette, Nicole"

Okay nevermind, she was also abit anxious about it.

She fixed her brown tied-up hair for the last second before coming out from the line. She could see hundreds of students in all house looking at her, but the person she was focused on was her brother Avian. His eyes behind his red-framed glasses looked anxious, at least more than hers. Wait a second, why was he nervous about it? She knew how to take care of herself, it wasn't like the houses would impact her goals and ambitions. She didn't think that she would end up in Gryffindor, that house didn't do her any justice about it. Hufflepuff wasn't a good match for her either, since she knew what she was doing and would prefer doing things herself. Wait, why was she overthinking about this? Oh right, because of the odds of the unpredictable hat 'Listen, I know my family's full of Ravenclaws but don't put me there with my brother, he's annoying. Put me in a house where people could let me do my thing without any disturbance.'

■ AMBITIOUS Nike always wanted to achieve something as planned as possible, always trying to get an angle to guarantee her success. Usually she worked hard for it, and in addition she would too focused in one thing she might have ignored what was around her. Unfortunately, she preferred doing this by herself and didn't like people "getting in her way" to her goals. Also, you had to let her do her thing, because she would always insist that she knows what she's doing.

■ TEMPERED Nike looked like she was annoyed at almost everything -- Such as her elder brother Avian (because he's annoying), her grandparents, the strict lifestyle, and the fact that it was always Avian who gets away with everything he does (which isn't fair). But then, that was because she tend to overthink too much, she had too many what-ifs going on inside her head that sometimes it was starting to annoy her. When tempered, she tend to be passive-agressive, which wasn't a great trait at all...

■ CONFIDENT Nike was confident that everything's will come to the right direction, and she prefer to stay that way. That was mainly because she thinks that she wasn't named that means 'victory' for no reason (Even though, she was just named after her maternal grandmother, she was supposedly named like that because it sounded nice. But Nike just took the name on a different turn).

■ CRITICAL-THINKER Nike wasn't the type to just listen-and-accept blindly; she thought about it, rethink about it, and question about it. However, this might lead her to overthinking things, which would stress her out.

■ SLIGHTLY SNOBBISH Just because Nike didn't like the whole expectations-lifestyle thing never meant that she wasn't snobbish. She was one of those rich-kids who were silently judging you from the distance about how you act or how you speak, that she would sometimes click her tongue. But fortunately, at least she never brought up the whole blood-status thing, because apparently she figured that a number of purebloods have a screwed-up attitude anyway (She should know that, she witnessed that on a holiday dinner the year before she went to Hogwarts).

■ SHREWD When her brother was able to get away with sheer luck, Nike was able to get away by wits. She thought about what to say that would please them, she could try and lie to them, too. It's just white lies, anyway, it wasn't like she killed somebody (Seriously, she would never do that). Her shrewdness, though, made her sound sarcastic.

╚══════════════════════════════╝

My touch is black and poisonous
                      And nothing like my punch-drunk kiss
                      I know you need it, do you feel it?
                      Drink the water, drink the wine

Thinking : "Seriously, don't let me be with my Ravenclaw brother."
With : The Sorting Hat
Attire : A proper uniform

You don't wish to be sorted where your family has been?
Well, you would fit there,
However, I do believe this is a better fit for you...

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:25 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

MelB87
User Image
~M.J. Al'Meara ~
.::. Eleven years old .::. Unsorted .::.

spaceAs the group followed the deputy headmistress up to the great hall, all MJ could think of was the hat. She had waited so long to see the enchanted ceiling and the great hall her parents talked to her about, but now her focus was solely on that old, ragged, mind-reading hat sitting on a small wooden stool at the very front of all these students. This magical hat that held her future, her new home, her new friends, and her entire path at Hogwarts in its decision for her. "I trust the sorting hat! I trust the sorting hat!" was the only coherent thought that kept repeating in MJ's mind.

spaceHer name was called, she lifted her robes and walked carefully up to the stool, without tripping. As the sorting hat was dropped on her head, she closed her eyes, held her sweaty palms together on her lap and quietly said "I trust you to know where I will be happiest."

::OOC:: Personality found in spoiler smile

spaceMostly, I'm considered peaceful. This helps me connect with my environment in a healthy and respectful way, and is probably why I'm great at interacting with all kinds of magical creatures and plants. Mom always says I seem so happy when I'm helping care for creatures that she is never sure if I calm them or they calm me. Even people typically feel my calm aura and have often said I'm a "peace maker" because I will try to avoid fighting wherever I go. Probably because I don't like fights, I even speaking up when I overhear a heated discussion between acquaintances in the same room. Maybe I am a bit too outspoken when it comes to that kind of thing, I've been told to "mind my business" rather often. But I can't help it, I just want everyone to get along, is that so impossible? I love the outdoors! One of my favorite things to do is sit in the grass in my backyard and just watching our Thestrals, Silver and Farway play together. I often help my parents with their rescue work, helping to care for all manner of creatures, though they don't let me get too involved with some of the more dangerous creatures, no matter how much I beg. I'm also very clumsy... but I'm sure everyone will realize that soon enough. *sigh*

Ah, a lover of peace,
Such a rare find sometimes,
However, I do believe your inner nature shall flourish here...

Hufflepuff!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:32 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Devlyn Maycry
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxA I M E E M C H A L E N

First Year ◆ Unsorted ◆ Half Blood

User Image

I know what you think in the morning,
                                                      When the sun shines on the ground,
                                                      And shows what you have done,
                                                      It shows where your mind has gone.

Aimee walked into the great hall with the rest of the first years. She stared at all the older students who were basically staring at all the first years. Was this sorting ceremony really that important? Who cared what house someone went too? Did it really matter? She swallowed hard and waited silently for her name to be called. When it was she walked to the stool, and sat down. The big old musty smelling floppy hat was placed on her head and she waited quietly for it to sort her. She had seen other kids crossing their fingers or quietly whispering house names to the hat, but she didn't know anything about the houses or where she should want to be sorted into. So she just sat and waited. Her father had supposedly been a Slytherin, along with one of her sisters and her dead aunt. But her other 2 sisters were gryffindor and ravenclaw and her cousin had been a ravenclaw too. The only house her family seemed to be missing was Hufflepuff.

■ CONTROLLED She is meticulous and logical. She makes decisions based on whats best for her, not taking others into account very often, unless others will affect her or her life. Every move she makes is cold and calculated and she knows exactly what the outcome will be.
                                                      ■ OPTIMISTIC Aimee is optimistic in a way. She never lets the world get her down, but she also knows exactly how to win no matter what. How can she be down if she is always winning? She can spin any situation to be in her favour.
                                                      ■ ARROGANT She knows she's pretty, and she knows she's smart. She doesn't so much flaunt it as not deny it. She will never deny how good she is at being her. Aimee likes to know that everyone knows this too, but she makes it seem like it was their decision the entire time.
                                                      ■ COMPETITIVE Competitive is an understatement for her. She likes to compete and she loves to win. Winning is her favourite thing to do, and she does everything in her power to do so.
                                                      ■ SARCASTIC You have to take everything Aimee says with a grain of salt. She will say one thing, but her tone completely implies the opposite. Her words are all venemous and come complete with an eye roll or hair flip.
                                                      ■ DISAGREEABLE Lets just say... she's not a people person. She's cold and quiet and very very stiff. She doesn't meld well with people or groups. Friends are hard to come by for her which made for a rather lonely childhood.

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc:

You all have guns,
And you never put the safety on,
I'm trying, I'm trying to sleep,
But I can't, but I can't when you all have,
Guns for hands, yeah

The Professor had barely set the hat down before it called out...
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:56 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Tamoketh
Tobias Ledford
YEAR: first :: HOUSE: unsorted
(You can click the picture to view his profile)
User Image
Tobias followed the group throughout the school until all the students arrived for the Sorting Ceremony. His parents had described the event as being highly charged and somewhat intimidating, yet extremely exciting at the same time. Tobias himself felt nervous, as many of the first years most likely felt as well. Although not always the case, the house that you were sorted into became the representation of your personality, something that others will use to judge who you were, how you act and what you probably like or dislike based on it. Tobias wondered what house he would get sorted into. <
I don't think I'd be a great fit for Gryffindor with the kind of attitude and personality I have, Hufflepuff would probably a better fit for me than Gryffindor. I could be put into Slytherin like Mom was... although I find she can be a little intense sometimes, I do like the idea of going after my goals and ideals. I could also be put into Ravenclaw like Dad was. Even though I may question myself a lot and hesitate for most decisions, I am fairly bright at solving problems, even if they are by abnormal or unexpected means...> Tobias kept pondering the options and wondering how much weight his own desires had in the Sorting Hat's decision. He saw MJ and Colin both get their name called and watched them as they went to the hat one by one. When his name was finally called, he got up and made his way toward the hat. <Of all the houses, I definitely want to be in Ravenclaw like Dad... or, Slytherin like Mom. The other two wouldn't be that bad either... DRAT! Why do I always have to overthink things so much...> He put the hat and his head, closed his eyes and let it decide where he should be placed. Tobias couldn't quite make up his mind and felt like, even if he had, it was still not his decision in the end where he'd go. <I'm sure I'll be in either Ravenclaw or Slytherin. Either one will make at least one of my parents happy, and both will hopefully help me become a great wizard, which will make me happy.> This way everyone would be happy by Tobias's reasoning.

((OoC))
((Personality included below))

Tobias tends to be reserved in nature because of his past, preferring to stay out of the spotlight and away from judging eyes. His lack of self-confidence only helps to exacerbate the problem. While being a little shy when first meeting someone, he tends to open up quickly to people who gain his trust. When someone does gain his trust, he becomes a very loyal friend that stands by others regardless of danger. For fear of failing his parents' expectations, he tends to complicate problems and overthink solutions, usually resulting in failure. However, he is very passionate in the things HE loves (not his parents, family or society), and without pressure he succeeds, often going above and beyond. When he is faced with the mundane (to him), he is easily distracted by anything he finds strange, interesting or exciting.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You seem to be a quiet one,
Though loyal when it comes down to it,
Perhaps this house will help you to ease up and uncomplicate things...

Hufflepuff!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:16 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Vampire Toy

User ImageUser Image

This is it.

The voice in Ralph's head had continued to repeat that phrase for the last week and a half. Even though he had known all his life that he would be going to Hogwarts, and even though it came to no surprise to him that he, himself, would be getting a letter, going school supply shopping for robes that fit him, and even boarding the train instead of standing there on the platform like a baby -- despite all this, Ralph was still awed by it all.

He floated through each of his tasks as if he were in a dream. A dream come true, mind you. Ralph had dreamt of the day where he was the one trying on all the fancy robes, where he would be waving his new, precious wand around like he actually knew how it worked. Oh yes, Ralph had dreamed of this for a very, very long time.

Especially now that he and Effy would be together more often! The thought made him especially happy and he found himself beaming with joy every time he thought about all the fun the two of them would have. They would be able to hang out in the common rooms together and play hide and seek in the greenhouses.

Even Tristan could be better here... right? Ralph hoped so. There were many nights leading up to today where Ralph wondered if his cousin, Tristan, would act different than he did at home. Maybe even, well, worse different.

The train ride hadn't been half bad, though. Tristan seemed to have been grumpier than usual, but Effy was trying to be cheerful for the two of them. She knew exactly what this meant to Ralph so she had tried to keep him smiling. To help lighten the mood, they had all bought some chocolate frogs to snack on for the ride from the trolley lady. Tristan had immediately tossed his chocolate frog to the side, more interested in his jerky than anything, and Ralph had also barely nibbled on his, the chocolate beginning to melt onto his hands. He was a right mess, but he was so distracted with the changing landscape outside the train window. Everything was exciting for him.

Effy had dropped him off to where he needed to go, but the only way he had obeyed her and gone with the group of first years was the whispered promises that they would be reunited before dinner. This pleased Ralph to hear, so he mustered up his resolve and watched Effy disappear off into the night, dragging Tristan behind him like she always did lately.

Then there were the boats, over an inky black lake that Tristan had warned Ralph about. "There's a giant squid down there, you know," Tristan's voice echoed in Ralph's brain as he looked at his reflection in the water, "And even worse things that like to eat little kids like you." Ralph ducked his head back into the boat and sheepishly looked around. Was anyone else worried about the big, giant SQUID down there? Ralph wanted to scream, but the anxiety of the evening kept him silent like a knife to his throat.

And now here they were, waiting to get sorted into their houses. Houses which would follow them for the next seven, whole years! They would have to be friends with the people in their houses, and work together like a family. Ralph wanted to get into Slytherin. He wanted it badly. That was where his own family was. Slytherin was where he belonged!

The worst thoughts played in his mind as he stood there amongst the other children. What if he didn't get into Slytherin? The despair of the moment hit him like a tidal wave. He tried to remain calm by taking deep breaths, but it was hard to get over the idea of something like that occurring. Ralph really didn't know the answer to that question, and it bothered him. He, instead, focused on the fact that it was nearly impossible - not even a chance! - that he wouldn't get into Slytherin. Ralph found comfort in that thought. He held onto it even as his name was being called.

"Ralph Thomas Hastings!" The deputy headmistress announced. Ralph froze and gulped. This is it, the phrase echoed again in his brain. It was the motivation he needed to start moving forward.

All eyes were on him now as the crowd parted in front of him. His head was down, eyes glued to the floor, but his face was full of determination. His goal was the stool. Seven years of his life was hanging in the balance and he could feel the weight of the event pressing down on him like an anvil. The woman standing by the stool was watching him, too, with a kind face and dark eyes. Ralph liked the way her hair looked; it seemed soft and had a pretty color to it. She was very young to be a professor, Ralph thought to himself, but immediately found himself not caring in the slightest because this was his moment.

She lifted up the hat - the hat! Oh my goodness, there it was! - Ralph was beyond himself with excitement. He hopped onto that stool like it was his birthright, wiggling in it as he got comfortable. Ralph's eyes scanned the Slytherin table and immediately locked gazes with Effy. She was practically beaming, and he was sure he was too. They had both been talking about this moment until they had separated about an hour ago. It was all Ralph could think about.

Finally, after what felt like years, the hat was lowered onto Ralph's head and the voice of the hat came to him.

[DIPLOMATIC] Ralph is someone who will patiently listen to two conversing sides and try to find a middle ground. He believes in fairness and justice, taking in all the facts before him. Often, Ralph will step into the middle of arguments to act as a mediator.
                                                              [TACTFUL] Some things are better said at particular times. Ralph understands this and acts accordingly, holding his tongue when he knows he should but unleashing his thoughts when the moment is right. Usually, he acts based on where his needs currently are.
                                                              [ARGUMENTATIVE] On the flip side, Ralph is a fantastic debater. When trying to get his point across, the combined use of his knowledge and charm can win him almost any ally, and he is fairly capable of ending an argument with a single sentence.
                                                              [ROMANTIC] Try as he might to avoid the truth, Ralph is a fool for love. Most of the music and art he collects depicts romance. Eventually, he wants to find someone to be with and call his own. Love means something very serious to Ralph, and he intends to show whomever he's with that he cares and loves them very much.
                                                              [SUPERFICIAL] To an extent, Ralph is more concerned with his possessions and the way people look than the things that matter. This causes him to be blind to the true nature of people, often finding himself in bad company. This is also why Ralph buys objects impulsively.

Now where should I put you?
You have many traits that define you as two opposites,
The question is where to put you though.
You seem to be interested in Slytherin with your cousins,
But you could easily be placed in Hufflepuff instead.
However, since you seem insistent,
It had better be...

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:00 pm
User Image

User Image
                                          ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

Kiley waited in line with the other First Year students. The train ride to Hogsmeade was fairly quiet. She had been in the same compartment as her sister, and was still with her even now. Their new last name put them both near the end of the Sorting list, but when it was finally their turn, Kiley knew she would be going up first. Her name came first compared to Kimberly's in the alphabet, after all. When her name was called, Kiley gave her twin's hand a squeeze and stepped up to the stool, climbing atop it, feeling the weight of the hat sit upon her head. It was out of her hands now, whichever house she was placed in would be fine with her.

■ BOOKISH Kiley is completely devoted to books, often times getting lost in them and ignoring the world around her. She loves to read, and prefers a book to human interaction in most situations.
                                          ■ CLEVER Kiley has always been quick to figure out and understand things. She is extremely intelligent, even for her age, excelling in her schoolwork with ease.
                                          ■ ACCEPTING Kiley tends to tolerate practically everything that happens to her. She lets events unfold around her rather than forcing them to happen.
                                          ■ QUIET Kiley is the quieter counterpart of her twin sister. She doesn't like to put herself out and meet new people, tending to tag along with her sister and make friends through association. Kiley prefers being alone or with a very small group of people than being in a larger crowd.
                                          ■ TRUSTING Kiley tends to believe most of what her sister tells her, unless she can prove it wrong scientifically. She is extremely gullible as well, even going as far as doing her sister's chores if she is persuaded to do them.
                                          ■ CREATIVE Kiley has a knack for writing, mostly non-fiction, and has always loved history. She can easily reciprocate what she's read and uses this to aid in her studying. She also enjoys researching. Kiley tends to think outside of the box, so to speak.

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍
                                          𝔽𝕀ℝ𝕊𝕋 𝕐𝔼𝔸ℝ 𝕌ℕ𝕊𝕆ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔻 .xxxxx

This is the story of a girl who cried a river and drowned the whole world.
                                          And while she looked so sad in photographs, I absolutely love her when she smiles.
                                          Now how many days in a year, she woke up with hope but she only found tears?
                                          And I can be so insincere. Making her promises, never for real.
                                          As long as she stands there waiting, wearing the holes in the soles of her shoes.
                                          Now how many days disappear, when you look in the mirror, so how do you choose?

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:06 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

Kimberly held her sister's hand tightly, extremely excited for what was about to happen. They were going to be Sorted, then their Hogwarts adventure was going to properly begin! Now that she was an Umber, she had to wait until the end of the list to be sorted, but that didn't bother her too much. Well, she was getting impatient, but it would only make the moment that her house was called out and the other students cheered that much sweeter. Her sister was called up first, and after she was done, it was her turn. Skipping up to the stool, Kimberly sat down and felt the hat be placed on her head. Jittery from excitement, she wondered if the hat would even be able to hold on!

■ BRAVE Kimberly is one to jump headfirst into danger, especially if it's to protect her sister or her friends. Sometimes she doesn't think things through completely either, which can get her into trouble.
                                                ■ ADVENTUROUS Kimberly is extremely curious, especially when it comes to exploring new areas. She is prone to wandering when she has nothing else to do, even if she does have things to do really, just for the sake of exploration.
                                                ■ PROTECTIVE Kimberly is very protective of her twin sister. She sees herself as the leader of the two of them, like she needs to keep her twin out of harms way. When threatened, Kimberly is quick to leap into action, doing whatever she needs to do, even at a danger to herself, to protect her sister.
                                                ■ PERSUASIVE Kimberly can usually sweet-talk her way out of trouble, whether it be placing the blame on someone else or causing the problem to disappear all together. She likes to convince her sister to do chores and tasks for her just for the laughs.
                                                ■ OUTGOING Kimberly loves meeting people and making new friends. She often throws herself into situations just so she can socialize with people. She has no problem being the center of attention.
                                                ■ PROUD Kimberly thinks highly of herself and her accomplishments. She likes to brag, even though she knows it can turn people away from her.

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍
                                                𝐹𝐼𝑅𝒮𝒯 𝒴𝐸𝒜𝑅 𝒰𝒩𝒮𝒪𝑅𝒯𝐸𝒟 xxxxxxxx

They said change your clothes, she said no I won't.
                                                They said comb your hair, she said some kids don't.
                                                And her parents dreams went up in smoke.
                                                She's a wild one with an angel's face.
                                                She's a woman-child in a state of grace.
                                                When she was 3 years old on her daddy's knee,
                                                He said you can be anything you want to be.
                                                She's a wild one runnin' free.

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games