Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rodyn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:22 pm
Jaden_Ordo
Rodyn
Nelowulf
Keep that warm, fuzzy line of BS pure then. In reality, 99.9% of Generals and Admirals are loudmouth, arrogant, and commpletely ignorant, if not just plain stupid.

Why? Because they actually believe they're the smartest ones out there, and that everyone below them, no matter how 'honorable' or 'understanding' they may 'be', is precisely that. The people below them don't follow them by choice, and the commanders are the ones who know the least of what's going on.

In reality, if you are the commander, you are never the brain; rather, you're the butthole. Your sole duty isn't to think, to act, only to decide the poor fate of the saps you never gave a damn about who 'willingly' die because of your so called 'competance'.

When's the last time you heard a commander thank his command crew, the people who fed him the information to make the decision? Afterall, who cares about them, they're only the ones who tell you if you're winning, or losing, wether the sheids are holding, or failing, the time until your power goes down...

Yeah, tell me mr brain, how you're not hiding behind a multitude of people who defend your butt because it's their job, not their honor...

That's quite a cynical view, whether it is true. (not that I'm doubting you)

It depends on the person, really. I would find a way to inspire people to respect my authority, not force it out of them in some way. And I would care about my crew. I'm not some Vader that would kill my crew if they so much as stepped in my way.

If we were in a combat situation, and one of my subordinates told me the odds of winning were low, I'd get us out of there. Not for my sake, but for theirs too. And even if I didn't care about those below me, they're still men and women that serve under the same banner I do. And, as far as I'm concerned, any and every able body is willing to server that banner.

There is no intelligence, nor strategy, in losing hundreds of useful personnel for no reason other than to protect your own skin.

Mock me. Chastise me. Call me a liar. I don't give a damn. That's me in a command position.
Vader was actually a great Commander. When it came to his soldiers, he was always on the frontlines, fighting with them and he actually cared (in a sense) about them. It was his incompetent british commanders that got his wrath.

That's not what I meant.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:29 pm
Y-8 mining vessel is a perty ship hehe.

Which ship is better; the Delta-7 Aethersprite-class or the Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor? I like the Delta-7, it looks neat, but the Eta-2 has more firepower.

It's ok, dude. Misunderstanding is all.  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:33 pm
Eta was more combat-oriented in its design. Before then, the starfighters were merely for jedi to get from point a to b. So ii imagine the seats were comfier.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:39 pm
I prefer the Delta-7. I think it has a much more aerodynamic and cost efficient body type.  

Jaden_Ordo

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:27 pm
Nelowulf
Eta was more combat-oriented in its design. Before then, the starfighters were merely for jedi to get from point a to b. So ii imagine the seats were comfier.

Yep, sure is a quick ship. I don't like Battlefront 2's production of it. It was so quick, but, it was pretty weak. Overheated cannons in a few seconds.

Jaden_Ordo
I prefer the Delta-7. I think it has a much more aerodynamic and cost efficient body type.

Yeah that's how I looked at it. Really aerodynamic. But the Eta was smaller. Would the Eta be a better escape ship? Excluding the lightspeed; getting out of battle heat.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:49 am
Cale Darksun
Its not as fast as the YT-2400, but I dont doubt it's more maneuverable.

I can't really complaint about speed if you redirect all your speed to the engines you can easily outrun a Tie fighter I think even a Tie interceptor but for speed without losing the ability to fire and resist enemy fire I would use the N-1 fighter  

Outcast kyle

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:02 am
You mean all the power?
Yeah you probably could outrun a regular Tie, but you'd have no shields or guns and so would get blown apart pretty easily.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:45 am
Flat out speed is nice, but it just makes you an easy target if you can't maneuver. I prefer a ship that has great amounts of both.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:36 pm
Maneuverability trumps pure speed. You can be the fastest ship in the Galaxy, but if all you can do is list lazily to the left, you're gonna get blown apart.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:52 pm
Are Eta-2's good for maneuvering? They seem small and quick.  

Valkore Fraust

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:56 pm
The Outrider is my ship of choice.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:00 pm
Mandalore Warrior
I would assume so. But then, it seems to me that they lack armor.  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:02 pm
Jaden_Ordo
Maneuverability trumps pure speed. You can be the fastest ship in the Galaxy, but if all you can do is list lazily to the left, you're gonna get blown apart.

Dont dis the Lazy Port Maneuver. Its saved so much Corellian Bacon that it deserves a place in the Crazy Maneuvers Hall of Fame.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:04 pm
Cale Darksun
Dont dis the Lazy Port Maneuver. Its saved so much Corellian Bacon...

Like yours, for example.  

Darth Fury

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:57 pm
Jaden_Ordo
Mandalore Warrior
I would assume so. But then, it seems to me that they lack armor.

Most likely. Seems like a light ship, too. I hate how it's not available for sale. Are ships like that ("not for sale"), types that the military uses, sold illegally? One would ask the random spacer who's selling it illegally how he got it ("Fell off the back of a frigate") LOL.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games