Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:12 am
Thanks to everyone who responded about my ferret troubles. It's nice to know there are shoulders to lean on if I need them. Right now we are going to find about possibly lowering or raising his medicine does, and see if that perks him up some. It's just a hard decision to put him down, because he is not in any physical pain, and it isn't like he refusing to eat or drink. He just has lost all his spark, which is most likely do to the drugs.

As far as the furry secret, to each their own. Some things are bigger deals to different people. It can also depend on the kind of people you listen to. I guess it might also be a bigger deal for people who are Therians and are going to have to describe how their souls are misplaced. As for the fur population being largely gay, I think that that on it's way out. If I remember hearing properly, wasn't the fur community in large part started or influenced by a gay who first started it through the gay population. I think as more people become aware of the furry community through the internet and such, the numbers will shift.  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:45 am
From the last statistics I read, gays are still in the minority in the furry community, at least when it comes to homosexuals. Bisexuals are probably the majority fallowed by hetros then homos. It is only that this fandom happens to be fairly accepting, especially when it comes to sexuality. People aren't afraid to show their affections towards one another, which can actually cause a lot of problems, even when it comes to those that are straight. I have only met a few straight furs that do not like to get affection from the same gender and will sometimes even role-play as bi or homosexual.

Keeping in mind that just because online they may be open enough to get close to the same gender this does not actually make them gay for real. Being homosexual in real life means you are only sexually attracted to the same gender.

As for therians, (as well as other kin and weres) as they are on their own they are not a part of the furry community. It is only that some of those in the fandom happen to be therians. While, whom are aloud to believe whatever they want, I do not personally believe the whole possessing an animal or mythical creatures spirit situation. Going by Ockham's razor the more likely explanation is that they are simply a group a of people that so desperately wish to be something more than human that they have convinced themselves it is true.

Selene Aries

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:25 pm
Crenn, you are FAR too paranoid. I openly draw furry art, do furry things, mew alot at my b/f (he growls in response), and no one cares or finds it odd. It's HIGHLY doubtful your family would a): know what the furry fandom is, and if not, leave it or explain it, b): Be all that offended. Especially if they love you. Now stop being a wuss and tell them or suck it up and let them find out.

Now for my own ranting. Me and my boyfriend/mate/whatever were talking for the past two days about something important. He thinks I'm a canine furry. He says I hold all the attributes of one, either a fox or a wolf in his mind. I've been feeling steadily uncomfortable with being a feline, and at what he said, it made me think on it. More news will be brougth about it later.  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:31 pm
I don't think Crenn is being paranoid or anything. If my aunt knew what I was into..she would absolutely kill me. That is why..it is an unspoken agreement with my mom that we will never tell my aunt anything that has happened to me or that I have done. In her eyes, I am the perfect child and could do no wrong. If she found out.....all hell would break loose. So I understand what Crenn is doing  

Rainey_angel81

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:33 pm
Rainey_angel81
I don't think Crenn is being paranoid or anything. If my aunt knew what I was into..she would absolutely kill me. That is why..it is an unspoken agreement with my mom that we will never tell my aunt anything that has happened to me or that I have done. In her eyes, I am the perfect child and could do no wrong. If she found out.....all hell would break loose. So I understand what Crenn is doing
The measures he is taking are paranoia. So what if he has a bit of anthro art? As long as it isn't something too obscene out in the open, he shouldn't have to fear others seeing it. I keep my art files hidden deep in my Furcadia folder, since I'm the only one that uses Furc.  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:50 pm
Errr..... I use a picture of Rainey and me as my background.... I want to keep them away from that...... And all my art is stored externally.... except for a few things... ie my Wallpapers.  

Crenn

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:54 pm
Crenn
Errr..... I use a picture of Rainey and me as my background.... I want to keep them away from that...... And all my art is stored externally.... except for a few things... ie my Wallpapers.
Then hide it more internally. And if it's the tame picture that you both have showed, then you have nothin to fear as long as you don't outright blurt "omg this is me and my mate" they wouldn't know.  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:56 pm
Well.... actually my sisters would pick it up as they know I like foxes....... But I think I may hide it deeper.... just a matter of where I would..... and still remember where I put it rofl  

Crenn

FogSage

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:49 am
Crenn
Well.... actually my sisters would pick it up as they know I like foxes....... But I think I may hide it deeper.... just a matter of where I would..... and still remember where I put it rofl

*shrug* Do what I do.........take your art you don't want anyone to see, hide it in a folder, then write the name of the folder on a slip of paper and put it in your wallet. When you want to see it, just do a search for it. Bingo. Done.  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:14 pm
Crenn, maybe I have a blind spot here but what's the worst that could happen if someone finds your furry stuff? Other than that you might be asked to discard it, in which case you would just hide it?  

Shaviv

Zanzibar

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:46 pm
God dangit! Now even I accidently pressed the 'Report this guild' button xD.  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:57 pm
Zanzibar

WHY?! OH GOD, WHY?! crying  

FogSage

Zanzibar

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:58 pm
FogSage
Zanzibar

WHY?! OH GOD, WHY?! crying

Cause I secretly hate you all! Muhahah!  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm
Everyone seems to push that. Although, I haven't myself. Actually now that I think about it where is that button *looks around* Oh yah, there it is. xd  

Krissim Klaw

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games