Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Avatar Battle Royale Guild: R.I.P. KING OF POP ;A;

Back to Guilds

Reply IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
Talk Here (Spam Hut) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EnoughisEnoughisEnough

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:08 pm
From the guy who did adventure time. His website animation is ballin'
http://www.buenothebear.com/  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:49 pm
This guy works on Flapjack, that's awesome.....  

Zen Rider

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:23 pm
Cartoon Network's had some really good cartoons going on recently with Flapjack and Chowder. They're very unique compared to the conventional cartoon animation. Hope they keep it up OO:  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:06 pm
Haha, the creative director of Flapjack came from my school. So did adventure time guy.  

EnoughisEnoughisEnough

Zen Rider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:09 pm
DrunkenStyle
Cartoon Network's had some really good cartoons going on recently with Flapjack and Chowder. They're very unique compared to the conventional cartoon animation. Hope they keep it up OO:

I think everyone enjoys Chowder and Flapjack, Cartoon network has been on it's A-game lately.

That's Awesome Leyli!!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:01 am
I... personally dont care for either shows... The animation style of flapjack (to me) Is a bit grotesque... but superdeformation and other up-messes in anatomy are acceptable in childrens animation.

Also I dont like childrens shows >.< All of them, with the exception of Avatar, but I'm not entirely convinced Avatar really WAS Targetted to children... It hit on some pretty relevant political subjects that SHOULD Go right over most childrens heads. Though... I suppose the adult undertones and philosopical back-thought was intended to keep the teens and parents involved in the series, along with the youngins- thus making it a family experience that isnt cheapended with Overly flashy colors and rediculous plotlines. It, unlike most most american cartoons, was a series of events, and it basically demanded that you watch the next episode.

owo My brain hurts >.<

@Zen: I got to see it on film- Phil DeFranko was in toronto at the time, and he caught the explosion durring a taping... I think they were having somesort of youtube orgy... Anyways, The explosion was CRAZY AS HELL... Like... I almost shat when i saw it... The funny part (not about the explosion) Was after they saw it, they all ran into the bathroom and stood in the shower XD

@Nester(s) The Molester(s): ... Cant you just beat off like normal people?

@Noodle: (read above)

@Leyli: I'm a bit out of the loop; you must go to a pretty prestigious school, to have so many (aparently) Talented artists as alumni.

For anyone who cares: What are the chances that Amazon will have Monkey up for download on their mp3 site? Can they be bought with pepsi points? (my seemingly unending currency [thank you, soda junky stepdad {your impending death will not go unthanked}])

For anyone else who cares: I'm starting a weapon line- I know it sounds corny, but with my improved skills, I can take old pixel plans and make them somewhat more presentalbe... After i do these, I'm sure i'll have to re -do them.. probably CG style in Gimp, but for now, I really enjoy the hand-drawn style of oC. Anyways, Check the dA.

And I'll check back with you guys when the pages arent blocked! (lets try to keep that often, yeah?)  

O Zhou O

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:12 am
Zhou, we're not appreciating the show because of those details like adult undertones and plot.

We're appreciating the uniqueness of the animation style and the way they utilize them and other techniques to make a cartoon.

At least I am. xD

I hope I'm explaining it right, because it's late and I'm tired.

And I like the grotesqueness of Flapjack. Kinda takes me back to Ren and Stimpy days. Hahah.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:21 pm
@DS
To me the little kid looks like a character often used in ren and stimpy. It looks quite similar and since I don't know the name of the artist of either show and I've never watched flapjack I'd say it could be the same guy.  

Alucard254

quaxcalibur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:18 pm
spongebob gets a bit creepy sometimes too
*jumps back into the shrubbery*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:50 pm
User ImageUser Image

And just where the hell have you been -_-

I know i talked to you earlier today, but i never see you around here anymore....

Pfft... you people and your jobs, and school, and ...lives...

emo

O Zhou O

O Zhou O

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:14 am
User ImageUser Image

@DS: I listened to the Monkey album... disapointing... Only about 3 or 4 of the songs are worth buying; Dont waste your money on the album if you can find the individual downloads on Amazon or Itunes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:26 am
lolZhou, I don't think you know me well. I have 30gigs of music in my computer and didn't spend a dime. ninja

ALSO GUYS. GUYS.

HOW MUCH SHOULD I CHARGE for painting 1/3rd or 1/4th of the walls of an entire bar plus the bathroom walls?

I need to find out by tonight.  

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

Zen Rider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:06 am
DrunkenStyle
lolZhou, I don't think you know me well. I have 30gigs of music in my computer and didn't spend a dime. ninja

ALSO GUYS. GUYS.

HOW MUCH SHOULD I CHARGE for painting 1/3rd or 1/4th of the walls of an entire bar plus the bathroom walls?

I need to find out by tonight.

Haha, who pays for music these days?!? ninja

How elaborate is the painting going to be and about how big are these walls?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:29 pm
Copypasta from another guild:
DrunkenStyle
So my friend's friend owns a hookah bar, and he talked me into painting their walls. However, I was reluctant at first cuz I don't know what I'm getting myself into.

I assumed I should charge around 600 because I'm thinking a hookah bar is pretty small, but I went in and it was a very spacey area. I need the money so I'm like fine, why not.

So the wall of the entire building has a top part, which is probably 1/3rd of the wall divided by a divider, and that's where my workspace will be. They saw my pics and examples and they decided they want me to do a night scene with the moon and clouds based on my pic.

They also want a scene involving the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland and maybe a Cheshire cat for their bathroom walls.

So I come back a week or so later with my preliminary sketches of the night scene. (Big picture) And they're very satisfied with the sketches. The pic is a preliminary sketch, the real one is supposed to stretch all the way around the whole building and I'll add clouds and s**t here and there.

So the owner has no idea how much he should pay because he normally just gets taggers to graff the walls for no charge, and they don't want graffiti this time so they don't attract the wrong crowd to go in and smoke hookah.

I didn't wanna show that I don't know jack s**t either because that's unprofessional and I'll get taken advantage of, so I told him I'll consult with my "partner" about the pricing issue and get back to him later tonight.

I was thinking around 1200 or something.

It's a pretty big hookah bar..I don't know the exact dimensions.

I think it's as big as a standard restaurant..maybe even more. And the walls are taller, but I'm only doing the top part.  

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

O Zhou O

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:02 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sometimes the only way you can get certain songs is if you buy them :

I'm all for piracy, but more often than not, Its not the kind of music i like.

Like, You cant find Omodaka songs ANYWHERE Except amazon...

I'm ********' jonesing for monkey turn... I found a poor quality version on youtube, but its not sating me >.<

Monkey Turn

Art for Resturaunt? Thats some major work there, DS.

Your art is top quality, so I'd charge what you feel is appropriate.

But then again, I've never seen your painting.

I know from personal experience that medium effects style.

I did a Kikyo mueral on my front door (the old house, before it was torn down) And it was pretty good- From then on, I havent been able to paint...

I suck

And Fail

Fix me?

IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games