Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Avatar Battle Royale Guild: R.I.P. KING OF POP ;A;

Back to Guilds

Reply IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
Talk Here (Spam Hut) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kieden

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:12 pm
What media are you going to be using Drunken?

Personally I would use a start of a base color of a latex base paint in a bucket and roll it on, and krylon spray paint. But depending on the size it would take qite a bit of cans.

When it comes to spray painting it's all about technique , a steady hand, and skill of course. You could prolly mimic some of these techniques on a larger scale.

I would love to have that opportunity gonk

*goes off to find a alley to paint in*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:56 pm
you must account for all the paint and tools your going to have to buy for the project and add it to the costs.

SRSLY.  

Ragtime Mouse

Kieden

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:11 pm
Yeah, that too!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:09 pm
man.

IM BORED.
someone, HALP!  

Ragtime Mouse

Zen Rider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:16 pm
Ragtime Mouse
man.

IM BORED.
someone, HALP!

What's up!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:29 pm
Ugh nothing!
im at home sick and theres nothing to do!

BUT now someones here! YAY! Zen! surprised  

Ragtime Mouse

O Zhou O

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:44 pm
User ImageUser Image

I'm good at keeping bored away!

*beats away the bored*

How are you guys doing tonight?

I'm drawing a bunch of stuff for my artshop.

Its going supprizingly well >.>

PROBABLY Becuase I picked out the poses and drew the bases last night.

Fun :3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:44 am
lol Zhou, I think you need to read better, your comprehension skills are lacking. xD

It's not for a restaurant, it's for a hookah bar, the dimensions are close to a standard restaurant's, maybe bigger.

Also, I think you're making the mistake of associating pirated music to horrible music. And underestimating the power of the internet.

I've found the rarest songs on the internet.

If someone has it, it will be there.

@Kieden: lawl, don't worry about my spraypaint skill. wink

My medium so far will be acrylic. Put I'm having second thoughts though, if anyone has any suggestions/support then feel free. I'm also gonna use spraypaint for the gradients and the soft textures.

The wall has a very rough but spongy feel to it..I think because the paint that was on it didn't have a glossy coating. It feels like a good texture though..so I dunno. Seriously.

The bathroom walls are typical wall paint. Smooth and glossy.

@Ragtime: I know what'll get you unbored. Helping me figure out how to set up my commission. ;D  

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

O Zhou O

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:59 am
User ImageUser Image

confused

Its all the same to me >.>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:03 am
What is?  

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

Ragtime Mouse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:11 pm
DrunkenStyle
lol Zhou, I think you need to read better, your comprehension skills are lacking. xD

It's not for a restaurant, it's for a hookah bar, the dimensions are close to a standard restaurant's, maybe bigger.

Also, I think you're making the mistake of associating pirated music to horrible music. And underestimating the power of the internet.

I've found the rarest songs on the internet.

If someone has it, it will be there.

@Kieden: lawl, don't worry about my spraypaint skill. wink

My medium so far will be acrylic. Put I'm having second thoughts though, if anyone has any suggestions/support then feel free. I'm also gonna use spraypaint for the gradients and the soft textures.

The wall has a very rough but spongy feel to it..I think because the paint that was on it didn't have a glossy coating. It feels like a good texture though..so I dunno. Seriously.

The bathroom walls are typical wall paint. Smooth and glossy.

@Ragtime: I know what'll get you unbored. Helping me figure out how to set up my commission. ;D

do you know what designs they are asking you to paint or are you free to do whatever? do you have a deadline?

if the flat paint already on the wall is cheap then your painting wont do good. ask to make sure if their quality of paint already on the wall is high.
If not your painting will probaby last for like...3 months.

to remedy that if it does come up you should go to an art store or a paint store and tell them what your doing. they should have 2 diffrent kinds of prep paint that you put on the wall before you start painting and then after your done so it cant be ruined even if its on cheap flat paint.

acrylics do good on glossy so you wont have a problem there.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm
I explained the commission detail on the previous page with the pics, and no, there's no time limit. It's pretty much a casual commission.

Also the paint is black, so I plan on painting over anyway with the base color I need to use. The sky is supposed to stretch all the way around the building, too.

HOWEVER, I think I got this in way over my head, because I know the sketch I'm doing won't look the same as the final product, I need to polish up on painting techniques to make the smooth hazy look go over into the real thing. Maybe add a little water with the acrylic? I dunno.  

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

Ragtime Mouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:31 am
DrunkenStyle
Copypasta from another guild:
DrunkenStyle
So my friend's friend owns a hookah bar, and he talked me into painting their walls. However, I was reluctant at first cuz I don't know what I'm getting myself into.

I assumed I should charge around 600 because I'm thinking a hookah bar is pretty small, but I went in and it was a very spacey area. I need the money so I'm like fine, why not.

So the wall of the entire building has a top part, which is probably 1/3rd of the wall divided by a divider, and that's where my workspace will be. They saw my pics and examples and they decided they want me to do a night scene with the moon and clouds based on my pic.

They also want a scene involving the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland and maybe a Cheshire cat for their bathroom walls.

So I come back a week or so later with my preliminary sketches of the night scene. (Big picture) And they're very satisfied with the sketches. The pic is a preliminary sketch, the real one is supposed to stretch all the way around the whole building and I'll add clouds and s**t here and there.

So the owner has no idea how much he should pay because he normally just gets taggers to graff the walls for no charge, and they don't want graffiti this time so they don't attract the wrong crowd to go in and smoke hookah.

I didn't wanna show that I don't know jack s**t either because that's unprofessional and I'll get taken advantage of, so I told him I'll consult with my "partner" about the pricing issue and get back to him later tonight.

I was thinking around 1200 or something.

It's a pretty big hookah bar..I don't know the exact dimensions.

I think it's as big as a standard restaurant..maybe even more. And the walls are taller, but I'm only doing the top part.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE. alrighty then, pretty nice scene btw.

i lol'd on the whole "partner" thing. i was like aka abr? blaugh
smart move though, usually when they say "i dont know how much to pay" they are testing you and hoping to get a good deal. (Ive done decals before, so ive heard all the storys people try to pull. =_=; )

Usually people would add on extra areas (like the bathroom) as another project on top of what they are being paid to do..unless they are being paid like...buckets of gold then they just do it all in one swoop.

usually the reason being if somethin goes wrong or it was to difficult they didnt take on to much at once. yaknow?

&&& about the picture not coming out right?
usually putting a graph over it and just making a larger graph on the walls did it for me. put everything into easy sections.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:37 am
wow... i need to stop quoting everything >.>

*runs and hides*  

Ragtime Mouse

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:47 am
lololol. I said partner to sound professional. I sent them a text saying I decided on 1200. 600 up front and 600 when I finish. The bathroom is still negotiable because the main room is priority.

And I mean I don't know how the clouds will come out RL. I know painting in Photoshop is different from RL but I'm trying to find out if I can make clouds look similar to the ones I made on the comp using techniques. @3@ I'm not gonna graph it out because the sketch is the basic idea. It's meant to stretch all the way across all the walls and I'll add some more details here and there.  
IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games