Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Avatar Battle Royale Guild: R.I.P. KING OF POP ;A;

Back to Guilds

Reply IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
Talk Here (Spam Hut) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:47 pm
YO GUYS

Aidan Weasley
Caden Blue
Wait, you're outsourcing to China?

...am I the only one bothered by this? = /

No. : /

Especially since over there, hackers are employed by the government to find ways to hack into sites in other countries, especially the U.S. . I really have to wonder if some...perhaps "interesting" backdoors will end up being created to violate our privacy... sweatdrop

edit: Not to mention the fact that China is a horrid, horrid place where they really do kick puppies and "relocate" homeless people and earthquake victims to make way for mere sporting events, and a whole host of other things too horrid to mention.

s**t JUST GOT REAL.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:24 pm
The godless Commies! :insertfistshake:

=P  

Masamune 5.0

Ragtime Mouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:03 pm
lol OHHH MANNNN I AM SOOOO WEAK. gonk

...i own a wacom cintiq12wx now...

god damn me.
NOW IM BROKE. WAY TO GO RAGTIME. scream  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:40 pm
DrunkenStyle
YO GUYS

Aidan Weasley
Caden Blue
Wait, you're outsourcing to China?

...am I the only one bothered by this? = /

No. : /

Especially since over there, hackers are employed by the government to find ways to hack into sites in other countries, especially the U.S. . I really have to wonder if some...perhaps "interesting" backdoors will end up being created to violate our privacy... sweatdrop

edit: Not to mention the fact that China is a horrid, horrid place where they really do kick puppies and "relocate" homeless people and earthquake victims to make way for mere sporting events, and a whole host of other things too horrid to mention.

s**t JUST GOT REAL.
User ImageUser Image

*over exaggerated and mildly sarcastic gasp of detest*

Its a broad and offensive generalization that all of china behaives as such; The puppy kicking is usually done by the morally corrupt in area's where attempts at civilization fails OVER and OVER again. Its hopeless, as the people who live in poverty arent given the education to be civilized enough to know puppy kicking is bad.

Ethically and Politically, China is terrible. Horrible even. They dont care for there own properly, they resort to depraved and other questionable acts to get their business done, and they ABSOLUTELY Destroyed Communism- In a perfect world where everyone was nice and happy, comunism might actually work.

As a workforce, They're unmatched. I mean, seriously, even WITH Population control, their squeezing out numbers we couldnt even DREAM of. Because the people have become so desensitized by the government, they are, in essence, work drones. I'm not sure where I stand on outsourcing, but if we want things done fast, in large quantities, and for not alot of money, china's the way to go.

Culturally, I think china has alot to offer. A lot of Chinese philosophies can be (and are) applied to our everyday social behavior, from the basic concept of "Treat someone as you wish to be treated" (Im not sure if that ACTUALLY originated in China, but I fairly sure Kong Fuzi solidified it in his analects) to their invaluable contributions to science, mathmatics, and logical thought. Civilization, as a whole, owes a hefty debt to chinese culture, for there numerous controbutions, that we, as artists, would not exist without... Paper... they invented that right? But aside from what they've done, look at what they're trying to do; The opening ceremony for the Olympics? Yeah, a 300 million dollar appology. That speaks ALOT to their character.

I expect better from them in the near future. I could be wrong, and hell, lets face it, I probably am, but they will redeem themselves, and I hope to the GODS that they get their sh*t together before the end of my lifetime.

O Zhou O

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:11 am
The girl is just naive.

Also:
DK
They were probably referencing this but they really ended up trivializing it and looking dumb.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:23 am
User ImageUser Image

THE PUPPEH crying

As depressing as that is, there are worse attrocities in the world. Who ever this DK is, they are right; that chick looks dumb -_-

On a side note, I cant help but gigle when I read "Luoping" and "Mouding"

Silly chinese and their silly words

I start Madarin about 5 days! Hopefully we dont discuss politics- I dont want to get expelled confused

EDIT:

For any of you who havent seen "You dont mess with the Zohan" and "The house bunny" I strongly suggest you get off your hairy assses and go see them! THEY ARE THE FUNNYEST MOVIES IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. < THATS A PERIOD, I MEEN SRSBZNS

O Zhou O

azn_richte001

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:38 am
Uhm.... I'd totally kick a dog, if the dog started the fight first that is.
Then I'd go fatality on his a**.
I'm also willing to try dog meat. (SERIOUSLY)

WHUT DO YOU SAY TO THAT?!

P.S.

DK = Donkey Kong. For sure, I JUST KNOW IT'S HIM. (notsrs)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:44 am
User ImageUser Image

Nono, I believe you.

My feelings about dog meat are the same with human meat- I dont believe we should eat them, but I'm not opposed to, if its necessary.

lawlz donkey kong

O Zhou O

Zen Rider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:28 am
That s**t with the dog massacre was just ******** cruel, I'd beat a niggas a** if they tried to seize my dog while I was walking him.

I disagree with ZHOU 100% <******** those movies, they were stypid as ********! Don't waste your time guys.

Edit: Also, it'd be ******** up if it was just a test to see how obedient the chinese people were and there really was no rabies incident.

What's next o.0  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:59 am
User ImageUser Image

Killing off people who disagree with gods

*looms over you in holy fury*

How can you say they were bad?

THEY WERE AMAZING

I like the silly isreali guy from the dance club and electronic store

I just want to pet his head xp

O Zhou O

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:59 am
Dog meat isn't for survival when you have menus created from it with different cultures. And it's not just Asians who use dog as meat. There was this African tribe I watched on NG that did it as a ritual.

Also, in Vietnam (I don't know about the other countries) there's a special type of dog bred just for its meat, so it's not like they use random dogs to eat.

It's like game food. It's a special type of regional delicacy like deer, horse, rabbits, crocodile, ostrich, kangaroo, bugs etc.etc.

It's only taboo because dogs are considered a man's best friend.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:05 am
DrunkenStyle
Dog meat isn't for survival when you have menus created from it with different cultures. And it's not just Asians who use dog as meat. There was this African tribe I watched on NG that did it as a ritual.

Also, in Vietnam (I don't know about the other countries) there's a special type of dog bred just for its meat, so it's not like they use random dogs to eat.
User ImageUser Image

Who are you tying to convince?

The fact of the matter is, its a different part of the world, and they have different (sometimes no) values, and their views of some animals are different than ours. You can expect oddities like that.

Absolutely f**king disgusting, terrible, horrible in every way oddities, but oddities none-the-less.

O Zhou O

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:47 pm
O Zhou O
DrunkenStyle

User ImageUser Image

Who are you tying to convince?

The fact of the matter is, its a different part of the world, and they have different (sometimes no) values, and their views of some animals are different than ours. You can expect oddities like that.

Absolutely f**king disgusting, terrible, horrible in every way oddities, but oddities none-the-less.

Dude. Your argument is one-sided and a little contradictory.

Like you said, it's a different part of the world. So everyone has different perceptions of what "normal" and what "oddities" are.

I know that you know a lot about the Chinese, so it shouldn't be a surprise to you that for example, cheese (which is just rotten milk) was a Western oddity to the Chinese because they'd never think of preparing or eating rotten milk.

And for a while Westerners thought the idea of eating raw fish on a ball of rice was really ******** weird.

Just because they're on "a different side of the world" doesn't make it like they live in Bizarro world or make them a bunch of savages.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:12 pm
I thought it was a cat massacre, and that they were eating cats. I remember talking about it a while ago and wondering what it'd be like if they displayed the cats like a lobster tank. I'm cruel and unusual like that.  

Masamune 5.0

The Egg Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:33 pm
O Zhou O
User ImageUser Image

EDIT:

For any of you who havent seen "You dont mess with the Zohan" and "The house bunny" I strongly suggest you get off your hairy assses and go see them! THEY ARE THE FUNNYEST MOVIES IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. < THATS A PERIOD, I MEEN SRSBZNS

Zhou, I think you need to go watch some real movies.
And I bet your going to see disaster movie as well.  
IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games