Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Avatar Battle Royale Guild: R.I.P. KING OF POP ;A;

Back to Guilds

Reply IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
Talk Here (Spam Hut) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:28 pm
Egg Man, it was originally supposed to be a special event, but it never got around to finishing.

That's a pretty good story, Aoi, but yeah it does seem a little complicated to start off with.

Also, I remember when people in the Sticky had more dedication to the thread than this guild.

They advertised the sticky by putting it in their sigs.

Remember that? Hmm? HMMMMMMMM?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:31 pm
So, for any kind of plot, I came up with a scoring system...and so far...

I
For battles-

Draw a short comic depicting your character ATTEMPTING a move. Roll a six-sided die to determine whether the attack was successful or not. (Details on rolling are listed under "Rolling Dice.")

- If you succeed, draw another strip showing the move striking the opponent.
- If not, your opponent should draw a comic of how s/he would block or avoid the attack.

Rolling Dice-

The roll should take place in the same post as your attack. This is a turn-based RP- however, if your opponent fails to respond within 4 days, you may attack again.

[1 pt]_ - Roll a 3 or higher to strike.
[2 pts] - Roll a 4 or higher to draw blood.
[3 pts] - Roll a 5 or higher to use a "special move" (Paralyze, induce sleep, e.t.c..)
[ -- ] _ - Roll a 5 or higher to break free from a continuous "special move"
[4 pts] - Roll a 6 to inflict a major wound. (Stabbing through chest, hacking off limbs, e.t.c..)

Each move may only be used once per battle. A major wound may not be inflicted until AFTER the first turn. The winner is the one with the most points after both players have used all their moves.
Points are only received if the respective moves were a success. Rolling a 6 when the intended attack was a simple strike does not permit one to inflict a major wound; each move should maintain its original intent after rolling.

So, I am aware that it's complicated. >_> It seems that there's no way around being a LITTLE complicated. If someone can think of a simpler scoring system, then by all means, share...

Unless you'd prefer not to have a scoring system. I'm not sure how that would work out, but from what I've seen, most RPs do get away with it somehow.  

SHl NO KAGE

SHl NO KAGE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:35 pm
DrunkenStyle
Egg Man, it was originally supposed to be a special event, but it never got around to finishing.

That's a pretty good story, Aoi, but yeah it does seem a little complicated to start off with.

Also, I remember when people in the Sticky had more dedication to the thread than this guild.

They advertised the sticky by putting it in their sigs.

Remember that? Hmm? HMMMMMMMM?

Yeah, I guess. I'm not good at thinking simple apparently. T^T

I'm kind of unsatisfied with my "simple" scoring system too. It was simple in my head, anyway >.>  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:06 am
TOO MUCH TO REMEMBER.  

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

SHl NO KAGE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:45 am
We could always go with original DnD style. That would mean the "GM" would constantly have to set numbers for people to roll to succeed in any given event. Like, they wouldn't be included in a set of predetermined events.

At least, that's how I was told DnD was played. I've never actually played it, so...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:27 pm
Played DnD once, didn't care for it. It's a terrible game if you have a short attention span. I couldn't take it seriously so they kicked me out.

I think.
That.
If we get the active members in the sticky.
To be active in here.
And if we.
(For those of us with the time) battle in here.
And put advertisement in our sigs. (Do we have a sig banner? I can make one if we don't)
We'd have this place jamming.
And once it's jamming.
We can make.
An RP sub-forum.
And treat it like the actual RP Forum. (Barton Town, right?)
And everyone.
Will.
Be.
Happy.  

The Egg Man

The Egg Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:45 pm
Whoa, guys, I just had an idea while I was talking to Zhou on AIM.

What if.
We made a sticky.
And we did a different themed RP every like.
Month.
Or two.
And then switched to another theme.
As sort of an event kind of thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:15 pm
The Egg Man
Played DnD once, didn't care for it. It's a terrible game if you have a short attention span. I couldn't take it seriously so they kicked me out.

I think.
That.
If we get the active members in the sticky.
To be active in here.
And if we.
(For those of us with the time) battle in here.
And put advertisement in our sigs. (Do we have a sig banner? I can make one if we don't)
We'd have this place jamming.
And once it's jamming.
We can make.
An RP sub-forum.
And treat it like the actual RP Forum. (Barton Town, right?)
And everyone.
Will.
Be.
Happy.

What he said. I can also help with the banners... of course everyone here has artistic talent so...  

SHl NO KAGE

melikefood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:27 pm
Name where this is from.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:35 pm
Code Geass! That's the crazy nerdy chick that idolized Euphy...

[/nerd]  

SHl NO KAGE

melikefood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:38 pm
Didn't think it would go that fast.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:20 pm
Haha, well it did kinda stand out as one of the most ridiculously over-exaggerated facial expressions I've seen in anime. Similar ones came from Evangelion....and Paranoia Agent...

I think there's a fine line between an extreme expression and an exaggerated expression, and they crossed it. XP I couldn't take those parts seriously at all, it was like, rotflol.  

SHl NO KAGE

Zen Rider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:21 pm
melikefood
Didn't think it would go that fast.

Geass is fairly popular dude, that was way easy.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:54 pm
code geas is nice but you should all go watch some ******** real anime like xam'd lost memory's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that s**t so ace

ow and zen i really haven't found time to make a reply for you yet .. i have a nice idea but things just keep poping up >.<  

Goshujin Sama

Dapper Visionary

EnoughisEnoughisEnough

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:33 pm
User Image
Layout homework-- octopus in a jungle.  
IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games